PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Help Finishing Epic (53 Shaman)

Isthmus
09-07-2018, 11:01 AM
I've been playing p99 off and on for a few years and have leveled my main, a shaman, up to 53. I never managed to complete an epic quest when I played EQ back in the day, and I really want to get mine now. I've already got my true spirit faction all the way up, I just need to loot the child's tear and kill Lord Rak to finish.

I'm looking for anyone willing to help. I'm not in a guild so I'd be happy to join up with one that can help.

Thanks!

- Alkatraz 53 Mystic

shwally
09-07-2018, 11:47 AM
You will need to join up with a guild that kills Plane of Fear Golems or buy the MQ from one of those guilds. I’m pretty sure you would get it quicker farming the plat to buy the MQ as most of the guilds killing golems require level 60 + a decent raid attendance to be able to win it.

Yoink1986
09-07-2018, 12:13 PM
U get tear and I can 3 man CoM part for u.

loramin
09-07-2018, 12:42 PM
U get tear and I can 3 man CoM part for u.

This pretty much sums it up. The tear is the limited resource in the equation, and you can expect to either spend a lot of time raiding (to earn the DKP to "buy" it when your guild kills a golem) or you can save up almost 100k plat to literally buy one (well, almost literally; technically someone with a tear does the turn-in for you, but you pay them and collect the epic part after the fight).

But getting the kill force for that final fight is comparatively easy. When I got mine several years back I just begged for help here in the forums, gave out like 5k in prizes, and got tons of people to come and help.

Doil_Boil
09-08-2018, 03:58 PM
If only there were a semi casual raid guild you could join that regularly gets epic pieces and hooks up anyone that seems serious about being a contributing member..

Sizar
09-08-2018, 04:41 PM
We can always put together a petition to get my buddy redwjamz unbanned! We have like 3 or 4 tears on toons on his accounts hehe, and we used to charge 25k, not this insane 100k

lland
09-08-2018, 05:00 PM
We can always put together a petition to get my buddy redwjamz unbanned! We have like 3 or 4 tears on toons on his accounts hehe, and we used to charge 25k, not this insane 100k
The absolute state of this server

bwe
09-08-2018, 06:34 PM
The amount being charged per tear these days is extremely stupid

loramin
09-08-2018, 08:00 PM
The amount being charged per tear these days is extremely stupid

While I agree, you have to keep in mind that the staff changed how the tear dropped, either to fix an unclassic bug or to match a corresponding patch from the live timeline; I forget which. When I was lucky enough to get it (comparatively) cheap it was before the change, but after the change it reduced the number of tears entering the server to like 1/3 of what it was before.

Naturally a change like that will increase the price of any item.

Canelek
09-08-2018, 11:27 PM
It certainly did not help that the RMT crews like dude's banned buddy sat on golems for months. Not sure if they still do, but it seems likely.

(hope you got rent)

Swish2
09-08-2018, 11:33 PM
Watching Hathaway doing fear golems (with mixed results) was a good time, usually at hours when nobody else was streaming so it was something to watch <3