PDA

View Full Version : Top raid guild per server?

Trelaboon
09-07-2018, 03:25 PM
I’ve been wondering lately primarily about the servers I played on during live (Rallos Zek, then Bristlebane then Firiona Vie). I never raided back then, so I don’t really remember who were the top dogs and it got me to wondering about each server.

I remember during my time on Bristlebane, Club Fu guys always being “geared” but I was 16 or 17 with no real knowledge of ToV etc, so well geared to me then we’re warriors with Cobalt BPs. While on Firiona Vie, I remember Fire and Fury was at least one of the top, but does anyone know who was THE top guild on those servers? I’m interested in hearing about other servers “best” as well.

loramin
09-07-2018, 03:47 PM
I remember during my time on Bristlebane, Club Fu guys always being “geared” but I was 16 or 17 with no real knowledge of ToV etc, so well geared to me then we’re warriors with Cobalt BPs.

That is correct: Club Fu was the dominant raiding guild on Bristlebane, at least well into Luclin (and I think at least partway into PoP also). Their biggest competitor/the #2 guild on the server was AO ("Arch Overseers" IIRC), and then I want to say that third place went to Ring of Scale ... but I might be misremembering that last one.

I wasn't in any of those guilds, but I had lots of IRL friends in both Fu and AO (more in Fu, because like half the guild played at a computer gaming center I went to).

Fun historical side note: the SOE staff tried to make Club Fu change their guild name (ie. "Club Fuck You"), but they managed to convince them (falsely) that it was Fu as in the Chinese "good luck" character, and so they got to keep it :)

Pwnstar
09-07-2018, 03:59 PM
Was Club fu , Ao , Ring of Valor , Circle of Legends. Bristlebane was a real fun time !

rraak
09-07-2018, 04:08 PM
I was in AO back in like '99-00, had a lot of pals in each of the aforementioned guilds. Succoring Winds were fun people though.

Lurgort/Sseri
09-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I remember <Valon> and <Clan Ta Veren> as #1 and ##2 with <Dawntreaders>, <Shadow Council> being the family style but with some raiding on Terris-Thule from '00-'06.

Halox
09-07-2018, 04:37 PM
I played on The Tribunal back in the day. <The Elitists> were the top guild on that server for all of classic up until around the GoD days. They were top 5 serverwide early on.

Cecily
09-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Phantom Raiders on Bertoxx

Dragon Council.. I remember DC being widely hated and I wanted to join them or PR really bad then.

Prophesy too. Think those were our top 3.

zodium
09-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Inner Circle were the top guild on Xegony, I think. I heard those guys were top jerks, though, except my one warrior pal who taught me warrior stuff. He got a BFG in Velious and it was the coolest. :o

Linksfather
09-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Inner Circle were the top guild on Xegony, I think. I heard those guys were top jerks, though, except my one warrior pal who taught me warrior stuff. He got a BFG in Velious and it was the coolest. :o

Yeah, Inner Circle and Jade Dragon for along while on Xegony

loramin
09-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Was Club fu , Ao , Ring of Valor , Circle of Legends. Bristlebane was a real fun time !

Ring of Valor, that's right! I knew Ring of Scale was close but I couldn't remember the correct name.

And yeah, Bristlebane was a great server.

kjs86z
09-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Fun historical side note: the SOE staff tried to make Club Fu change their guild name (ie. "Club Fuck You"), but they managed to convince them (falsely) that it was Fu as in the Chinese "good luck" character, and so they got to keep it :)

That is an awesome old school MMO story right there.

Mewse
09-07-2018, 05:24 PM
<Silent Redemption> was the top guild on Brell. I can't remember exactly when they took over, but they were on top for 6 - 7 years.

Zemus
09-07-2018, 05:33 PM
I remember <Magister> was top on Emarr. I'm not sure if that was during classic or if that was slightly after. I think you had to have cable/DSL instead of dial up as one of the requirements.

delusion
09-07-2018, 05:43 PM
I played on BB and was in Circle of Legends until the end of PoP. It was a pretty competitive raid scene. I recall guild leaders (Pouty) Club Fu and (Vabeeker?) Arch Overseers didn't like each other much and was a good source of server drama weekly. AO faded away, I don't really remember why and after that it was pretty much Club Fu, Ring of Valor and Circle of Legends.

After PoP I have no idea.

shwally
09-07-2018, 06:07 PM
I was on Druzzil Ro and it was very top heavy. Vindication (Seekers,Township Rebellion whatever they were that week changed names a lot), Hoss, Mythic Legion, L’malla, Valiant Elite, Novus Invictus. Hoss/Vindication/Mythic Legion were the top 3 guilds up till Luclin when Vindication transfered to The Ledgends server and changed to Township Rebellion. Server had a pretty good rotation going at the top end until Hoss woke the sleeper and everything went FFA. Hoss still has the forums up where you can read through all the old arguments.

Jlpstrtkng
09-07-2018, 06:18 PM
I played on AB even though I’m American. I remember many good guilds but the ones that stuck in my mind were Tide, Raging Fury, D’Pikey, Shadows of Doom. Some damn good guilds

Servant
09-07-2018, 06:49 PM
I played on rallos zek until LDoN - The Top raiding guild was without question <Ascending Dawn> but <Wudan> and <Magus Imperalis Magicalis> weren't far behind. I believe MiM eventually went on to gain the upper hand, but that was after my time.

Funfact, it was AD and Wudan and my own second tier raiding guild, <Seekers of Divinity> that were the first to kill the sleeper, on any server.

Runyan
09-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Solusek Ro was HoSS - VVV - Paradigm & Magna Carta - > merge with Bristlebane rip Paradigm eventually

Was a sweet server till bristlebane!

Gozuk
09-07-2018, 07:23 PM

Dragon Council.. I remember DC being widely hated and I wanted to join them or PR really bad then.

Dragon Council had a bad reputation? I don't remember that for some reason... Then again it was a long time ago and I was pretty young. I can certainly say we had some great people and great players in the guild.

<Divine> and <Prophecy> were the top 2 early on. Divine ended up fizzling out and eventually <Phantom Raiders> showed up and became the strongest guild at least Velious-PoP.

Honorable mention to <Order of the Scattered Winds> who really grew in strength and had many awesome races against Dragon Council.

We also had the greatest leveling guild of all time <Guardians of the Mossy Log>

Tuurin
09-07-2018, 07:27 PM
I remember <Valon> and <Clan Ta Veren> as #1 and ##2 with <Dawntreaders>, <Shadow Council> being the family style but with some raiding on Terris-Thule from '00-'06.

Yeah, that’s right. I remembered CTV but for the life of me couldn’t come up with Valon. Was bothering the sh#* out of me.

Busher
09-07-2018, 07:32 PM
I started on Firiona Vie just after Velious came out. I was in a good/neutral aligned guild named Ring of the Light. We weren't a top guild but we were in an alliance of like guilds.
Not sure who was raiding ST but I was able to buy a Primal Velium Warsword for my ranger. I liked that sword :D

Cecily
09-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Dragon Council had a bad reputation? I don't remember that for some reason... Then again it was a long time ago and I was pretty young. I can certainly say we had some great people and great players in the guild.

<Divine> and <Prophecy> were the top 2 early on. Divine ended up fizzling out and eventually <Phantom Raiders> showed up and became the strongest guild at least Velious-PoP.

Honorable mention to <Order of the Scattered Winds> who really grew in strength and had many awesome races against Dragon Council.

We also had the greatest leveling guild of all time <Guardians of the Mossy Log>

I vaguely remember that. I was a mostly solo rogue on live, bouncing from guild to guild and doing my own thing. I'd spend whole days pickpocketing hill giants in RM. Stuff like that and not ever going on berthall left me completely insulated from server politics. I do remember hearing people bash DC for being scummy, alot. Whether that equates to what we consider P99 scummy, I can't say.

We had much better guild names on Bertoxx than this server does, that's for sure.

I was Retch of <Lost Boys> and <Spellfire>

fastboy21
09-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Triton on Povar
Harmonium on Xev

Legday
09-07-2018, 08:21 PM
I played casually on Cazic Thule server but I remember the top guilds being <Element of Darkness> and <The Relentless> from Kunark to about PoP when I stopped playing.

I could be wrong since it was all word of mouth to me. Anybody from CT able to confirm. I remember other top end guilds were <Shadowed Soul> and <Cohort Chalybeius>?

Thermite
09-07-2018, 08:33 PM
The Tribunal
<The Elitist Vagrants>
<Sol Invictus>
<Legendary>
<Royal Norrathian Guard> (RNG)

We had a ton of parity on our server.

Holy smokes been long time sense I seen some of those names hah.. Old Tribunal player here

Nexii
09-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Was never a hardcore raider on live but I think on Quellious it was <Vis Maior>. They went over to WoW for many years after EQ...guild probably ran ~10 years or so

Probably would have been a part of them had I not server hopped so much

BarackObooma
09-07-2018, 09:57 PM
On Rodcet Nife the two top dogs were AOD (Avatars of Discord) and Ascent. One of my rl friends was in Ascent.

My other friend/roommate was in Harbingers of Storm before moving to Inner Loop where I joined him after being in Brew Masters. Inner Loops was a cool guild, small but efficient. We all got together in Las Vegas once. A number of us are still Facebook friends.

The other guild I remember was a sister guild of Brew Masters, Trebles Band (sp?). When one of them would zone in somewhere, they would shout "Oh hell yeah!".

Ella`Ella
09-07-2018, 10:02 PM
This is a really cool effort. Attempting to make it more organized and official if you want. Will give all credit to OP - https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306573

tycohunden
09-07-2018, 10:16 PM
On Veeshan Fires of Heaven reigned supreme, they had a little stint here with some OG members, Ashurr for one, he once reprimanded me for Kill stealing on live, we later found that out while chatting in Chardok here on p99.
Unfortunatly they left last year to create Flames of Reverence on Agnarr.
Miss my FoH buddies!

radda
09-07-2018, 10:24 PM
TUNARE. IMO but widely accepted,
Talisman
Divine crusade
Cynosure
In that order

dyonak
09-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Tribunal had The Elitists and The Vagrants as the top two. Someone else mentioned The Elitists as the more successful and I'd agree with that if I'm remembering correctly. They did merge later but that was Luclin or PoP I think.

Speedi
09-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Erollisi Marr:

Da’Kor then remade as Magister

Midnight Sojourn

Storm’s Fury

They two previously mentioned guilds ended up merging and reforming under the tag Midnight Fury

Swish2
09-07-2018, 11:00 PM
Tholuxe Paells

Rebirth and Altered State were the big guilds from my sketchy memory. Rebirth particularly during vanilla. If any Tholuxe players can add to this, please do :)

Mewse
09-07-2018, 11:16 PM
I played casually on Cazic Thule server but I remember the top guilds being <Element of Darkness> and <The Relentless> from Kunark to about PoP when I stopped playing.

I could be wrong since it was all word of mouth to me. Anybody from CT able to confirm. I remember other top end guilds were <Shadowed Soul> and <Cohort Chalybeius>?

I can't confirm for classic, but I know when Brell and Cazic merged <The Relentless> was the top dog from CT. Cohort was also still relevant in the endgame at that time as well, but as a second tier option behind the big boys, with <Silent Redemption> holding the throne from Brell.

Valakut
09-07-2018, 11:33 PM
That is correct: Club Fu was the dominant raiding guild on Bristlebane, at least well into Luclin (and I think at least partway into PoP also). Their biggest competitor/the #2 guild on the server was AO ("Arch Overseers" IIRC), and then I want to say that third place went to Ring of Scale ... but I might be misremembering that last one.

I wasn't in any of those guilds, but I had lots of IRL friends in both Fu and AO (more in Fu, because like half the guild played at a computer gaming center I went to).

Club Fu and AO were big but where is the love for Aureal Champions? I know AC won best of the best for shaman and shadowknight on bristlebane. Maybe more?

Tipsyer
09-07-2018, 11:49 PM

Element of Darkness and The Relentless were the tops from as far back as I can remember, which is like early 2000. EoD started to fizzle out after Velious. Pretty sure TR laid claim to the Sleeper.

pasi
09-08-2018, 12:05 AM
Innoruuk was pretty weak until everyone just joined SR.

Legions of Darkness (LoD) until either late SoV or Luclin.
Ashen Vendetta from above/Luclin until late PoP.
Silent Resurgence from late PoP until Present? despite multiple server merges.

evilkorn
09-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Zeb - Dark Horizon

I think they had a another guild that was was a part of them, Yiltrith's Hord. They were commonly referred to as DHYH.

feniin
09-08-2018, 12:16 AM

Arcane Dominion was an early one too, before Prophecy, I believe.

Kemadin
09-08-2018, 12:35 AM
Was never a hardcore raider on live but I think on Quellious it was <Vis Maior>. They went over to WoW for many years after EQ...guild probably ran ~10 years or so

Probably would have been a part of them had I not server hopped so much

In addition to Vis Maior, Quellious also had two other high-end raid guilds named Wraith & Lotus Cult around the time that Kunark/Velious/Luclin/PoP were active.

Nexii
09-08-2018, 12:43 AM
Tholuxe Paells

Rebirth and Altered State were the big guilds from my sketchy memory. Rebirth particularly during vanilla. If any Tholuxe players can add to this, please do :)

Sacred Omen I think during Velious

Lurgort/Sseri
09-08-2018, 01:14 AM
Yeah, that’s right. I remembered CTV but for the life of me couldn’t come up with Valon. Was bothering the sh#* out of me.

I remember Valon's GL name still, Videer, Monk.
When you remember this shit 18 years later, I don't even know, EQ is a hell of a drug.

roks1
09-08-2018, 01:45 AM

Don't forget the guild with that was rumored to have a GM in it <The Pantheon>

Swish2
09-08-2018, 02:02 AM
Sacred Omen I think during Velious

Yes just reading that brings back memories lol (I played less during Velious and confined myself to leveling a lot of alts for some reason)

Imago
09-08-2018, 03:05 AM
Tallon Zek -

1) Pandemonium
2) Discordia (I think?)
Everyone else

Decad
09-08-2018, 04:50 AM
The Nameless (till GOD)

1 - Legacy of Steel
2- Kylie Eyes/Paradise of Nameless ( KE was 2nd till PON moved up sometime in Luclin/POP)
3- Remedy/Crimson Tempest (before they moved to Maelin)

Ayla
09-08-2018, 06:00 AM
Torvonnilous
Blades of Wrath
Monolith
Nexxus of Faith

Stormhammer
Township Rebellion
Leviathan

Others on Stormhammer were Europa (not connected to Europa here, I think) and some others

Lanzellot
09-08-2018, 06:05 AM
Morell thule
Top1:Relentless Ascension
2:Thunderwalkers
3:triune

rraak
09-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Ring of Valor, that's right! I knew Ring of Scale was close but I couldn't remember the correct name.

And yeah, Bristlebane was a great server.

As an early BB raider, I recall everyone looking up to Veeshan's FoH as the gold standard for raiding guilds, and lots also saw them as kinda nuts. BB was a great server for the community but IMO it took a while for true poopsock raiding to take hold in the form of Club Fu, even AO/RoV others were frequently cooperative and would be considered pretty casual by current standards. Not a ding, people just hadn't really developed the raiding paradigm. We were killing dragons with crap gear in the upper 40s.

Sizar
09-08-2018, 11:20 AM
On Rodcet Nife the two top dogs were AOD (Avatars of Discord) and Ascent. One of my rl friends was in Ascent.

My other friend/roommate was in Harbingers of Storm before moving to Inner Loop where I joined him after being in Brew Masters. Inner Loops was a cool guild, small but efficient. We all got together in Las Vegas once. A number of us are still Facebook friends.

The other guild I remember was a sister guild of Brew Masters, Trebles Band (sp?). When one of them would zone in somewhere, they would shout "Oh hell yeah!".

You are correct. AoD was the top guild from server start till very close to Luclin launch. During Velious era Ascent were catching up to us, then finally probably passed us as top guild maybe a month before Luclin came out. I was in AoD from a couple months after launch till shortly into Luclin when i quit (cause Luclin was balls and we all know it)

Canelek
09-08-2018, 12:54 PM
On Veeshan Fires of Heaven reigned supreme, they had a little stint here with some OG members, Ashurr for one, he once reprimanded me for Kill stealing on live, we later found that out while chatting in Chardok here on p99.
Unfortunatly they left last year to create Flames of Reverence on Agnarr.
Miss my FoH buddies!

Veeshan represent!

There were a few OG FoH folks here until the lure of Agnarr took them away. Ash and I go way back. I think most are just waiting around for Pantheon at this point.

Dezlen
09-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Morell thule
Top1:Relentless Ascension
2:Thunderwalkers
3:triune

I thought fury’s edge was #1. Agree with #2 and 3.

Pyrrhica
09-08-2018, 01:24 PM
BB was a fun server but I took the split to Saryrn where Order of the Phoenix was dominate up through Velious/Luclin. From PoP forward as I recall Heaven and Earth ran things pretty hard.

Loke
09-08-2018, 05:05 PM

Prophecy was definitely #1 through Velious and into Luclin. Phantom Raiders was clear #1 by PoP. DC always played second fiddle.

AkashicRecord
09-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Erollisi Marr:

Da’Kor then remade as Magister

Midnight Sojourn

Storm’s Fury

They two previously mentioned guilds ended up merging and reforming under the tag Midnight Fury

Thank you for that. I was wracking my brains on what had happened to the top guilds there during my hiatus and subsequent move on to Torvonnilous.

/salute

Loke
09-08-2018, 05:19 PM
<Silent Redemption> was the top guild on Brell. I can't remember exactly when they took over, but they were on top for 6 - 7 years.

Honorable mention for the #2 guild on Brell, Enshadowed. Even after I quit playing on Brell I'd check out their page cause their leader Burzlaff was hilarious. Remember he once got access to Watchers (#3 guild) website and posted a big update about how they copied Ensh's RZTLW strategy. Dude consistently rolled out ridiculously funny updates.

loramin
09-08-2018, 06:18 PM
As an early BB raider, I recall everyone looking up to Veeshan's FoH as the gold standard for raiding guilds, and lots also saw them as kinda nuts. BB was a great server for the community but IMO it took a while for true poopsock raiding to take hold in the form of Club Fu, even AO/RoV others were frequently cooperative and would be considered pretty casual by current standards. Not a ding, people just hadn't really developed the raiding paradigm. We were killing dragons with crap gear in the upper 40s.

Since I didn't start playing until Velious (and didn't start raiding until Luclin) I can't really speak to before then, so that's entirely possible. What I do know is by the time I understood raiding, Club Fu most definitely was serious about it, and I say this having been in the same room with many of them when they raided.

However, I 100% agree that people on Bristlebane weren't all assholes to each other. For instance there was a Club Fu Warrior named Meriadoc (I think he was an officer?) who would not only occasionally help AO, but also smaller guilds like Southern Lights, not to mention complete strangers. And he did it constantly.

Now, try imagining (say) a member of Aftermath both fighting with and giving tactical advice to Tempest (or Tempest even letting an Aftermath member join them on a raid) for even a single raid mob, let alone a whole bunch of them.

Bristlebane Pride! :D

Ella`Ella
09-08-2018, 06:28 PM

Pretty sure LoD ruled the roost on inny until some point in Velious, then AV stole the show until they merged with nameless - then I think it was Silent Resurgence?

Dagner
09-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Tarew Marr
1. Enlightened Dark

distant 2nd. Black Company
lots of smaller, long lasting guilds after that

Aeaolena
09-08-2018, 07:08 PM
The Tribunal
<The Elitist Vagrants>
<Sol Invictus>
<Legendary>

This sounds about right. <The Elitists> and <The Vagrants> were allied until they decided to combine around GoD. Sometime after GoD a lot of us RNG folks followed Broshan to WoW, myself included.

Holy smokes been long time sense I seen some of those names hah.. Old Tribunal player here
/wave!

Myke
09-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Great thread! Bringing back some memories.

I was in AO on Bristlebane pretty much from inception to PoP when I quit playing. I was a gnome rogue named Stricken.

Some fun tidbits that I'm remembering:

Club Fu formed, or at least got a lot bigger, when a big chunk of AO broke off to join/create it. I remember when Pouty was in AO. There was some animosity but many players in both guilds remained friends. There was a kid down the street from me that was in Club Fu, his brother was the MT for circle of legends, and I was in AO. to my knowledge Meriadoc was the only person with a character in both guilds and actively raided with both (thought not many knew it was him at the time).

Bramel/Troppo was one of the original leaders of AO. he was a wildman who would pull Hate on his enchanter (flawlessly). then realized it would be easier on a monk so he made Vabeker. When Vabaker got banned, he made another monk named Vabtoo and PL'd to 60 in about 4 days. One of the original beards of everquest.

Club Fu was probably the stronger, more organized guild, but AO may have got more dragons due to the fact that they had a lot of euro players and would raid at 4 AM - there was plenty of poopsocking going on, even in kunark and velious, contrary to what people might think. I used to set my alarm and get up and raid super early before school.

Bristlebane was such a fun server. I had good friends in AO, club fu and RoV that I still recall today. Even met a couple irl years later.

Triode
09-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Prophecy was definitely #1 through Velious and into Luclin. Phantom Raiders was clear #1 by PoP. DC always played second fiddle.

Don't forget Omani, although we were a couple of steps behind getting into Time. What blows my mind is that Omani still exists, as does Fanra's wiki. Logging back in and seeing people you played with 20 years prior is a trip even if the game has taken a right turn or two.

Darkstryke
09-09-2018, 12:14 AM

Yeah, Inner Circle and Jade Dragon for along while on Xegony

Pre-expansion Xegony was mostly the JPN / NA raiding group of Junx and Cognatus that had content on lock-down. Kunark onwards was IC for a long long time.

RIP Ranadin's Vox raids with 100 people before /serverfilter, 7th hammer split was so stupid.

Xegony was a toxic dump that has the distinction of being the only server that had a GM lead removed for abusive conduct. Still, it was home.

Some names I can't remember after all this time, but wish I could.

delusion
09-09-2018, 12:44 AM
Great thread! Bringing back some memories.

I was in AO on Bristlebane pretty much from inception to PoP when I quit playing. I was a gnome rogue named Stricken.

Some fun tidbits that I'm remembering:

Club Fu formed, or at least got a lot bigger, when a big chunk of AO broke off to join/create it. I remember when Pouty was in AO. There was some animosity but many players in both guilds remained friends. There was a kid down the street from me that was in Club Fu, his brother was the MT for circle of legends, and I was in AO. to my knowledge Meriadoc was the only person with a character in both guilds and actively raided with both (thought not many knew it was him at the time).

Bramel/Troppo was one of the original leaders of AO. he was a wildman who would pull Hate on his enchanter (flawlessly). then realized it would be easier on a monk so he made Vabeker. When Vabaker got banned, he made another monk named Vabtoo and PL'd to 60 in about 4 days. One of the original beards of everquest.

Club Fu was probably the stronger, more organized guild, but AO may have got more dragons due to the fact that they had a lot of euro players and would raid at 4 AM - there was plenty of poopsocking going on, even in kunark and velious, contrary to what people might think. I used to set my alarm and get up and raid super early before school.

Bristlebane was such a fun server. I had good friends in AO, club fu and RoV that I still recall today. Even met a couple irl years later.

I didn't know that Pouty was in AO before forming Club Fu, I just remember Him and Vab didn't get along much. You're right they were probably the most organized. Everyone disliked AO and UK, cause they could snipe targets in the off hours ;) Ring of Valor was right up there also. I played a ranger and used to ask Waylander and Arwyen (sp?) for advice a lot coming up. Meriadoc was just an all around good dude, never let pixels go to his head.

Who was the kid down the roads brother that Mt'd in CoL, we had a few? Great thread, bringing back all the memories. :cool:

ScottBerta
09-09-2018, 01:55 AM
I played on RZ back in 2001/2. Dominant guilds were Ascending Dawn, Wudan, and Magus Imperialist Magikus. (These were also the 3 guilds that United to defeat the Sleeper) Before I was on server back in 1999 I was told top guilds were Synergy, Rebirth, and possibly Peacebreakers.

Nommis
09-09-2018, 04:06 AM

Hey Legday, we're Cazic Thule bros, were you affiliated with any guild? My brother and I were in Shadowed Soul through Velious and we had an alliance with some guild....I think it was abbreviated DA?

Some history: Shadowed Soul was the top dog in classic and then some members split to make Element of Darkness. Pirotess was the guild leader of SS while I think it was Bgup with EoD. Also, Element of Darkness and The Relentless worked as an alliance during Velious and had a field day in Ntov while we were farming HoT and sniping Zlandi, Klandi, Sont, and Kael when we could.

There was also Coterie Nocturne...

Remember Cazic Thule Corner forums and all drama there? I probably still have Kela's nudes on a floppy disk somewhere.

https://i.imgur.com/h5Z1mOq.gif

Lanzellot
09-09-2018, 05:30 AM
I thought fury’s edge was #1. Agree with #2 and 3.

ya you are right furys edge was relentless ascension ,was a merge,but at start was the name relentless ascension

Arkanjil
09-09-2018, 07:00 AM
Fennin Ro was The Mystical Order and Order of Redemption

azeth
09-09-2018, 07:27 AM

don't forget Arirang and Dol Amroth. AoD were the OGs and had a fracture in Velious which led to the birth of Ascent, who from SoL onward was the distant top dog. AoD basically dissolved as a raiding entity in SoL. Arirang was a South Korean Asian-time hit squad who got almost any raid mob they wanted except true tier 1a mobs. Dol Amroth was behind them, and were the casual raiders clean up crew.

Remember names like Honch, Eelyen, Barbarina, Matteo, Katia, or Azeth?

Myke
09-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Who was the kid down the roads brother that Mt'd in CoL, we had a few? Great thread, bringing back all the memories. :cool:

Gaborn. I think he plays p99... but don’t know any of his chars

Talisman
09-09-2018, 04:35 PM
The Tribunal
<The Elitist Vagrants>
<Sol Invictus>
<Legendary>

Pff Royal Norrathian Guard indeed! Elitists and vagrants were the top guilds in the classic era. They then merged can't remember the merged name, Sol Invictus who were again a merger of two other guilds came onto the scene in the Kunark era, and then my very own guild the Companions(european), became the 3rd guild during the Velious era. We got quite a few server firsts during velious King Tormax was one and it remained this way through Luclin and PoP. I used to be guildmaster of the companions for a time (Voldraxx) and later with my monk Slannesh! Shout out to any companions out there. RNG, Legendary and the aussie guild aurora nocturn(i think) were minor raiding guilds.

Admittedly my knowledge doesn't go beyond PoP as that's when i quit eq, i know that later the companions merged with Legendary another Euro guild to form <legendary Companions>

My top three Tribunal Guilds are:

<Elitists and Vagrants>
<Sol Invictus>
<The Companions>

Jorgam
09-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Hoss and then Vindication on Druzzil Ro.

Halox
09-09-2018, 06:55 PM

<Elitists and Vagrants>
<Sol Invictus>
<The Companions>

I approve this message. So cool to see more Trib peeps on here.

delusion
09-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Gaborn. I think he plays p99... but don’t know any of his chars

Cool, I remember Gab. Good stuff

Rainik Stormseeker
09-09-2018, 09:36 PM

Where did Fires of Heaven rank on BB? I thought they were top 5 or so.

I led <Triadic Order> on BB..barely planesworthy =D

rraak
09-09-2018, 10:28 PM

FoH was on Veeshan, not BB.

YendorLootmonkey
09-10-2018, 08:45 AM
Pre-expansion Xegony was mostly the JPN / NA raiding group of Junx and Cognatus that had content on lock-down. Kunark onwards was IC for a long long time.

RIP Ranadin's Vox raids with 100 people before /serverfilter, 7th hammer split was so stupid.

Xegony was a toxic dump that has the distinction of being the only server that had a GM lead removed for abusive conduct. Still, it was home.

Some names I can't remember after all this time, but wish I could.

Illuminati Sancti/Shards of Avalon started giving IC a run for their money, but I don't remember when.

Some other random guilds from Xegony around that time period:
Halo
Machin Shin
Venator Sapentia?
Havenlight

Ostepop
09-10-2018, 09:07 AM
Torvonnilous
Blades of Wrath
Monolith
Nexxus of Faith

Stormhammer
Township Rebellion
Leviathan

Others on Stormhammer were Europa (not connected to Europa here, I think) and some others

Mono was a later addition to the raid scene on Torv, iirc. They did have success for a while though.
Was in NoF from the start until WoW beta. Best guild ever <3

beta
09-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Pandemonium on Tallon Zek

Miss them days :(

Xteaming Scum

Tuurin
09-10-2018, 11:00 AM
I don't think Mith Marr has been listed, but Afterlife was the gold standard on there for at least a significant amount of time. I didn't play there but followed their guild site and Thott's postings etc. Also briefly included in it's membership: a certain 1337 Monk (https://web.archive.org/web/20050408231715/http://eq.crgaming.com:80/skater/viewarticle.asp?id=31) that provided some entertaining moments back in classic.

Qtip
09-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Pandemonium on Tallon Zek

Miss them days :(

Xteaming Scum

Who were you in pande?

agdros
09-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Luclin Server
Legacy of Sorrow
Triad Continuum

After merge with some other server
Insidious Blood

poofph
09-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Torvonnilous
Blades of Wrath
Monolith
Nexxus of Faith

Stormhammer
Township Rebellion
Leviathan

Science of War and Scions of War (recruit guild) on Stormhammer also.. fuzzbal dustbunny was the guild leader, guild name was later changed to Precision Strike and moved to the rathe server I think.

Decad
09-10-2018, 08:40 PM
A POP chart of 2003 and 2004

https://web.archive.org/web/20060208043751/http://d7w.critical.ne.jp:80/progress2003.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20060208045823/http://d7w.critical.ne.jp:80/progress2004.htm

kagrobb
09-10-2018, 10:00 PM
I remember <The Mystical Order> on Fennin-Ro.
Realm of Ages
Severed
Sacred Fyre

Naxy
09-11-2018, 03:20 PM

Not sure about FoH but Veeshan’s Fury wasn’t far behind these four.

Sizar
09-11-2018, 04:55 PM
don't forget Arirang and Dol Amroth. AoD were the OGs and had a fracture in Velious which led to the birth of Ascent, who from SoL onward was the distant top dog. AoD basically dissolved as a raiding entity in SoL. Arirang was a South Korean Asian-time hit squad who got almost any raid mob they wanted except true tier 1a mobs. Dol Amroth was behind them, and were the casual raiders clean up crew.

Remember names like Honch, Eelyen, Barbarina, Matteo, Katia, or Azeth?

I do remember a bunch of those names yes! Brings back memories. Yeah AoD was overtaken as top guild by Ascent (tons of former AoD members) close to SoL launch, but overall if I had to say which guild was top dog from launch thru Velious it was definately AoD

Check12345
09-11-2018, 05:04 PM
server wide - <dancing dickbeaters>

White_knight
09-11-2018, 05:13 PM
On Xev I never raided apart from some planar runs but Grey Council was the elite guild on that server. I remember the gossip about how they wouldnt let you join them unless you had your epic etc during Kunark etc.

I vaguely remember a bigger zerg type guild but they were just that - a zerg.

White_knight
09-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Fondly enough on Agnarr (TLP) I met some people who claimed to be from some of the best guilds in the history of EQ and they were also some of the worse players I've ever met.

So been tagged in a notable guild didnt/doesnt equate to been good at the game btw - not that this is an achievement in itself.

BarackObooma
09-11-2018, 05:39 PM

I forgot about Arirang and DA.

I remember names like Honch, Eelyen, Barbarina, Matteo, Katia, or Azeth?

Honch was the guild leader? I seem to remember the name Matteo. I remember Katia for sure. Katia was a female druid? Katia used to do some of the heavy buying/selling for their guild. My wizard used to scour the bazaar for rare page halves to make into spells. In Luclin, Remove Greater Curse was very rare and highly sought after for raids and sold for 100k. I seem to remember selling one to Katia.

The economy was way different. I don't think any tradeable item sold for more than 100k, even a manastone. When WOW beta came out, a lot of our guild worked for Blizzard so we all retired to go play it. I sold off my stuff and gave away 2 million in plat to friends which would probably equate to about 10 million here.

There was one server, I forget the name, where almost everything was tradeable. Almost nothing was no drop. I wished I could have played on that server some.

loramin
09-11-2018, 05:43 PM
There was one server, I forget the name, where almost everything was tradeable. Almost nothing was no drop. I wished I could have played on that server some.

I think you mean Firiona Vie. It was a role-playing server, and I guess no-drop stuff offended the role-players sensibilities ... although a few things (like VP keys) were still no drop.

fan D
09-11-2018, 05:45 PM
THE NAMELESS - (the best server)

legacy of steel
crimson tempest
the first seel
euphoria
taiwan 300man 8am VT zerg guilds forget their names
regret

Check12345
09-11-2018, 05:48 PM
los and foh updates were the bestest
cq for honorable mention

BarackObooma
09-11-2018, 06:24 PM
I think you mean Firiona Vie. It was a role-playing server, and I guess no-drop stuff offended the role-players sensibilities ... although a few things (like VP keys) were still no drop.

Yes, Firiona Vie was the one, thanks. That's right, it was role play and you could only have one character I think. I think I made a level 1 and took him to the bazaar just to see all the crazy stuff for sale.

JackofSpade
09-12-2018, 05:22 AM
Eci I remember reconstructed and arete, and later ashorty pugs made some noise.

Lifebar
09-12-2018, 05:36 AM
Cats In Hats on Drinal

knottyb0y
09-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Tallon Zek -

1) Pandemonium
2) Discordia (I think?)
Everyone else

God I remember the days of TZT and the DRAMA that was caused by Pandemonium, one of the first cross-team raiding guilds on the server.

They were light years ahead of everyone else up until Luclin, maybe PoP when I think the rest of the server wizened up and more xteam raid guild with competent leadership arrived on the scene.

Tallon Zek was incredibly fun on EQ live. Great community. I don't think it will ever be replicated.

Venjenz
09-12-2018, 01:59 PM
On Vazaelle through maybe PoP or whatever came next, it was:

1 - Caer Cadarn
2 - Triality
3 - Appotus Dominus

After GoD maybe, Triality was #1 for a good long while.

Dolalin
09-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Lanys T`Vyl was...

Conquest
Visions
Soul Assassins?

Mid tier was...
The Shadow Order
Vita Infinita
etc

My first newbie guild was:
Misguided Fools

The end.

mefdinkins
09-12-2018, 02:13 PM
I remember <Magister> was top on Emarr. I'm not sure if that was during classic or if that was slightly after. I think you had to have cable/DSL instead of dial up as one of the requirements.

I remember Midnight Sojourn was pretty good during Vanilla and Kunark and would get together to take down shit like KDT in Velious. I dunno wtf I did as a little kid but I used to always send tells to level 60s to be like whooaaawhoaa golden efreeti!? whoa! Talking to those high end raiders is what got me to roll a Rogue and Mage (wizard) in WOW when that started and I've generally rogue/wiz'ed every game since.

Ressec
09-15-2018, 05:38 AM

<Elitists and Vagrants>
<Sol Invictus>
<The Companions>

Agreed :)

Oh btw. During Kunark Gorenaire was a server first for us. Probably other mobs as well, but definately Gorenaire.

StocktonRZ
09-16-2018, 04:17 AM
I played on RZ back in 2001/2. Dominant guilds were Ascending Dawn, Wudan, and Magus Imperialist Magikus. (These were also the 3 guilds that United to defeat the Sleeper) Before I was on server back in 1999 I was told top guilds were Synergy, Rebirth, and possibly Peacebreakers.

Synergy was an early raid alliance. They went to war with the other raid alliance, Sabbat, in the first multi-guild war on the (RZ) server.

Rebirth was not a guild, either, it was another multi-guild war, in this case between an alliance led by Peacebreakers (a Taiwan-based guild) on the one side, and Ascending Dawn on the other. Pretty much every serious guild on the server was involved. Peacebreakers might have won if they didn't attract so much unfavorable GM attention, and in the end the whole thing turned in AsD's favor after the server GM at the time (Ozuri) intervened.

Ascending Dawn did spend most of the server's history, once they were established, on top in terms of PvE. But PvP was another story. Beyond any doubt, the top PvP guild was <Hidden Power>, later reconstituted as <Facultas Utrimque>. Hidden Power dominated the BotBs, and very famously won the gamewide 6 v 6 (Test of Tactics) against blue server teams that were light-years ahead in terms of gear.

Also, fair to mention that one lightie guild, <North Star Avengers> made it to the end on Sullon. Their members and leadership were just as goofy as you would expect a good team guild to be, but hey, it takes all types.

Also, the top guild on Zek post-merge was the Euro guild, <Ancient Dawn> (merge of <Ancient Orden> and <Ebon Dawn> from VZ). When they moved to ABayle due to loss of numbers during PoR, it took nearly a year for the next guild to catch up.

<Pandemonium> was tops most of the time after <Ancient Dawn> left, especially after <Defiant> merged into them. <Ascending Dawn> was ahead for a very brief window before that, and <Wudan> (with some of the original members from the Sleeper kill era of RZ) would eventually come back and finish <Pandemonium> off at the very end, taking the top spot for a little while before numbers became such a problem that Zek simply doesn't support raid guilds anymore.

Ciniel
09-16-2018, 05:06 AM
A POP chart of 2003 and 2004

https://web.archive.org/web/20060208043751/http://d7w.critical.ne.jp:80/progress2003.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20060208045823/http://d7w.critical.ne.jp:80/progress2004.htm

Ah, the memories, Darkwind on Antonius Bayle, those were the days. (Also the days when Ciniel had real gear) :D

/Cin

Mojofingers
09-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Saryrn server
Early on the top team was Order of the Phoenix.
Later shortly after SoV the team Heaven & Earth took over server first status.

Mojofingers Heaven & Earth
Blunted brotha 60 rogue
Growenstone 60 druid
Azuth 60 wizard
Saryrn server

Indiica 45 cleric
P99 server

Karath
09-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Hey Legday, we're Cazic Thule bros, were you affiliated with any guild? My brother and I were in Shadowed Soul through Velious and we had an alliance with some guild....I think it was abbreviated DA?

Some history: Shadowed Soul was the top dog in classic and then some members split to make Element of Darkness. Pirotess was the guild leader of SS while I think it was Bgup with EoD. Also, Element of Darkness and The Relentless worked as an alliance during Velious and had a field day in Ntov while we were farming HoT and sniping Zlandi, Klandi, Sont, and Kael when we could.

There was also Coterie Nocturne...

Remember Cazic Thule Corner forums and all drama there? I probably still have Kela's nudes on a floppy disk somewhere.

https://i.imgur.com/h5Z1mOq.gif

Hey hey .. I was also in SS then. Give me a shout in game ... same name 😊

azeth
09-17-2018, 06:32 AM
Honch was the guild leader? I seem to remember the name Matteo. I remember Katia for sure. Katia was a female druid? Katia used to do some of the heavy buying/selling for their guild. My wizard used to scour the bazaar for rare page halves to make into spells. In Luclin, Remove Greater Curse was very rare and highly sought after for raids and sold for 100k. I seem to remember selling one to Katia.

Good memory. Honch was Ascent's Barbarian Warrior guild leader. Katia was his IRL wife, and a female wood elf druid who truly was always in the bazaar during SoL.

Matteo was a Dol Amroth officer, and just a really well known guy. Wood elf rogue.

yennenhoj
09-17-2018, 06:35 PM
On Vazaelle I remember Caer Cadarn being really good, but I don't know who came after. What I heard was they were an Asian-time guild so they got a lot of uncontested spawns.

I was in Appotus Dominus starting in mid-Pop when we became the number 3 guild on the server, but we were the fifth guild to get to the elemental planes. Triality became the number 2 guild, but I think AD was ahead of them when I started. I know Agony and Eternal Advocates were good, but I don't know how long they were around.

I started playing on Vazaelle during Velious and I think it was a fairly new server.

Lewkeng
09-17-2018, 06:51 PM

lol i was in DC on Oomega Back then

Lewkeng
09-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Tholuxe Paells

Rebirth.. Paradigm Nocturne**? Malus Imperium? dam i forgot who else... i think it was Rebirth who woke sleeper.. Funny.. I bought the 1st SoD that got stolen from Rebirths guild bank from some eurdite cleric chick for 250k lol

Lewkeng
09-17-2018, 06:59 PM
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sacredomen/flames-and-rants-f2/?sid=719a620d579cf05af8d8b0858b5c59ce

Ijuss
09-17-2018, 07:14 PM
I played Vallon Zek and even a bit more into the Zek mergers.
It was originally <Defiant> and <Twelve Prophets>, but they petitioned for guild war unlock (removing the level restrictions for attacking other players with the other guilds tag) and <Defiant> removed <Twelve Prophets> from the server at that point.
There is an interesting story in Wired magazine about what <TP> was really about (here (https://www.wired.com/2008/11/ff-ige/)).
After that, it Was <Ebon Dawn> and <Ancient Order> on <Defiant>'s heels. Luclin & PoP drove the server to X-teaming (mostly because the "Dark" guilds didn't have access to Bards) and <ED> & <AO> merged and became <Ancient Dawn>. Most of the purest (no X-teaming) guilds broke up and formed new guilds or merged into <Dark Defiant Warriors> or <Zephyros> which eventually just became the feeder guild to <Aduentus>. Few years before the merger, most the other guilds had moved to WoW and <Aduentus> all pretty much joined <Defiant>.
I loved VZ simply because the community self-regulated ... if you trained, corpse camped, OOC trash talked, immy healed, or any other general douchebaggery your chance of joining an end game raiding guild went to zero.