PDA

View Full Version : So who can I talk to.... tried many times, no response.

poofph
09-11-2018, 06:00 AM
I have posted threads, sent pm to rogean.. no response.. how can I change my email address on the forums here. The email I have setup I no longer have and no way to access. I try to change it and it says the ability to change it has been disabled.

thanks

ScaringChildren
09-11-2018, 06:05 AM
Click 'Quick Links' at the top here.

Click 'Edit Your Details'.

Click 'Edit Email and Password' button.

poofph
09-11-2018, 06:48 AM
Click 'Quick Links' at the top here.

Click 'Edit Your Details'.

Click 'Edit Email and Password' button.

I stated in every thread I have made about this that is says that it has been disabled when I to do that/change it.

mumpz
09-11-2018, 07:57 AM
I am having the same issue. I created a petition on the forum, and they basically told me there was nothing they could do. Sucks. Really hoping they don't force password resets via email one day.

azeth
09-11-2018, 08:18 AM
Rule of thumb for eqemulator affiliates - do not ever ever....

ever....

lose or forget access to the email you registered with.

Silken
09-11-2018, 08:27 AM
Rule of thumb for eqemulator affiliates - do not ever ever....

ever....

lose or forget access to the email you registered with.This right here. I am in the same boat. I fixed it by creating a new account with the same classes on it, and transferring all of my goodies to the new account and starting over. It sucks, but I get why they have the policy in place.

skarlorn
09-11-2018, 03:43 PM
YOU USED TO CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE

Bummey
09-11-2018, 05:45 PM
I lost my original account this way, too. Sucks, and there's nothing you can do about it.

loramin
09-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Just to clarify, I don't think the staff does this to be dicks and make people lose their accounts. I think the problem is, there's a lot of people on this server who just don't act right, and if there was a way to reset things those players would abuse it.

The (100% volunteer) staff already has their hands full, and if they had to play "ok who really owns this account" every time the above happened they'd have no time to answer a petition.

So maybe that makes you feel better or maybe not, but hopefully it at least explains it.

Mead
09-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Trying to keep this project as classic as possible by going back to a time before emails