PDA

View Full Version : Haloface - Ayonae Ro

HaloChanter
09-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Dear all,

Any ex-Ayonae Roe'rs out there? I used to place an enchanter named Haloface, as part of the Legend of the Jokers. Bit random, but was thinking of picking the game up again after the better part of 15 years.

Hi to anyone still kicking around.

Best wishes,

Halo

Halox
09-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Same as dad. Played on Trib when it combined with AyRo. Welcome.

HaloChanter
09-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Thanks both, much appreciated!

Lightloch
09-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Hey there, I played on Sol Ro then Ayonae Ro as Cados, a paladin. I think I remember you from the Ayonae Ro forums! Anyway, welcome! P99 is a great server.

Ikon me Knivet
09-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Holy shit, that’s a blast from the past, hey Halo!

This is... well what was actually my handle on the ARo boards again... Jeopardy perhaps?

We didn’t interact a whole ton, I was Jeopardy (and later Walpurgis) the rogue and later on Mungo the shaman. Either way I was part of/tag along to the Swedish contingency and real life friends with Dobber (aka Isola, aka Luve, aka a whole bunch of alts) Doomhammr (I forget his ingame names... massive troll), Khalimdor, etc, etc. We were never in Jokers or Landslide or anything (we always had our own little guilds like Followers of Set and... Tornado of Souls I think was another) but I remember quite a lot of your forum posts and your name even came up when we discussed EQ just the other week.

Oh yeah, Anterak was another of my closest friends in EQ and after, who was in Jokers as well unless I’m completely mistaken.

I started here last month or so, but haven’t really found a main yet. You can find me on Ragarra most evenings if you want to talk some shit or need some plat for spells or some ports of something.

I’m just really happy to run into a familiar face here!

HaloChanter
09-13-2018, 05:24 AM
Bloody hell, yes I remember you as Jeopardy but especially Walpurgis - that is a blast from the past! A lot of those other names ring a bell too, but especially Anterak who was a guildy for many years in Jokers.

Great to see you here. I'm just installing and I'll make sure to join you on Ragarra. Not sure if I'll have more than a cursory half hour or so to play every few days (house full of kids these days, stark contrast to my teenage years on EQ!) but I'll make sure to get in touch when I log in.

And Cados, that definitely rings a bell (Lightloch too...was that your forum name?).

Cheers both,

Halo

Ikon me Knivet
09-13-2018, 01:19 PM
Let me know what you end up naming your character, so I know who to look for if I log on an alt or something. And I definitely hear you on the time restrictions that apply now - I’ve got two kids of my own :eek:

Lightloch
09-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Yep, Lightloch was my forum name there too, pretty sure. I've been on this server since 2012, but these days I play only occasionally on my char Silvek.

Asteria
09-14-2018, 02:58 AM
Some of those names are vaguely familiar. Friend of mine played a Barb shaman named Fiscet, had some good times in Landslide & Fellowship of Dragon later. Got some good stuff with the cool Euros in LS including Time's Antithesis (TA) in PoTime.

Inherited a gnome mage named Tnicklin from friend. I had some casuals like a hobbit treehugger named Ravaean and Iksar monkey named Kicess.

We all came from Karana server I think before Ayonae Ro was created.

HaloChanter
09-14-2018, 10:38 AM
Such familiar names, smashing to see you all.

I started up on the blue server, and am wandering around Toxullia as a level 5 enchanter named Haloface. Some things never change! Hit me up if you're about.

Cheers,

Halo

Asteria
09-16-2018, 02:41 AM
Such familiar names, smashing to see you all.

I started up on the blue server, and am wandering around Toxullia as a level 5 enchanter named Haloface. Some things never change! Hit me up if you're about.

Cheers,

Halo

How's your progress going, Halo? 😀 I'm considering maybe rolling up a new toon - maybe Erdite. Toxx was my 1st newb zone back in the days when the humanoid races really *were* blind at night. That combined with the smaller visual area of the old UI, ignorance of Norrathian geography & about everything EQ made Toxxulia forest rather special for me once upon a time.

Oh, and having to be totally blind (reading spellbook) to meditate was awesomely classic. Making mana users blind to regen mana seriously gave a benefit to having at least 1 pure melee in a group in dangerous places, no? Or perhaps assigning 1 person to be on watch if not?

clacbec
09-16-2018, 03:46 AM
Landslide membre here, Gimlore & Kassos

HaloChanter
09-16-2018, 04:12 AM
Oohh Landslide member, careful around here mate! Only joshin :P The name Kassos rings a bell. I forget the LS leader - an ogre shaman if I remember?

It's not going bad Asteria. Tox Forest is good for 1 - 4 and I tried to stick it out with quests, but alas the pull to Qeynos and BB was too great. Those fangs sure do help levelling. I really am meandering though, so only level 5. I did a long-arse quest for a Servant's Staff which took me from Tox Forest to Qeynos to BB to Everfrost Peaks. Was very long and the payoff was a 1h caster staff with +5 mana. So not great, but it tapped directly into the fun and investment which I imagine gripped everyone back in the day before the grind/loot kicks in.

God I remember being virtually blind as an Erudite caster and doing BB dungeon crawl. Was completely mental. And yeah that old UI, all the cream and yellow against a pitch black screen. And if the sun came through your curtains - forget about it. Game over, man. Game over.

Best wishes,

Halo