PDA

View Full Version : P99 Red - Good times for those who are looking for a fresh environment!

Gamma
09-13-2018, 01:29 PM
This message goes out to all who are looking for an awesome environment to enjoy EQ in. Please consider P99 red and disregard those who say there is no fun to be had there!

Why? Plain and simple. Because I have experienced it first hand! Over the past 2 months I've had the awesome pleasure of slowly making my way to 60 earning my gear through my own efforts (in Auld Lang Sigh till level 49 // in Sanctuary till level 60). I never had any issues doing the popular camps which are so overcrowded on P99 Blue! And the community .. they have been awesome. Though smaller, you will not find any more helpful people around. If you enjoy soloing, you will have a choice of camps open to you everywhere. If you prefer grouping, make use of the global OOC and add people you meet along the way to your friends list! This is key. And once you get to the top, you will have your choice in raiding guilds. Personally I am having a blast in <Sanctuary>, progressing through the content (all epics, King Tranix, Severilous, Faydedar, Kelorek'Dar, Kael, ToV, VS, planes, etc. etc.) with daily raids for those with too much time on their hands like myself! :)

So come on over. Experience the server first hand. And do not be discouraged. You will be pleasantly surprised. That I can promise you. And if you need any help (ports, buffs, binds or killing that nasty mob that keeps raping you ..), hit me up!
If you are interested in joining the unofficial P99 red discord (official <Sanctuary> discord), add me Alotron#1012 and I can provide you with an invite.

PS: Avoid the P99 Red forums. They do not represent P99 Red or the atmosphere you will find there!

PS: This message does not originate officially from <Sanctuary>. I am not the leader, nor an officer or a high ranking member. Just a guy who enjoys the game with like minded people in said guild. ;)

See you soon,

Alotron
Your personal Ale dispenser
Level 60 High Priest of <Sanctuary>

arsenalpow
09-13-2018, 01:54 PM
Guess we were due for one of these.

Imago
09-13-2018, 02:48 PM
Most of the toxicity that existed on Red for years past have moved on to RoZ. Targets are left up for weeks at a time on Red, and Sanctuary is taking advantage of it.

White_knight
09-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Jesus Tune (OP) stop making posts like this with your alt forum accounts.

Let red99 die - we all had our fun on there, just let it go gracefully.

It's embrassing at this stage.

Edit: OP is correct that everything is up because no one plays there anymore, similarly that every camp is open on all those other 20-40pop servers in the server list you've never checked when logging in to P99.

Gamma
09-13-2018, 03:54 PM
@LulzSect, @White_Knight
I appreciate your input on the topic. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I accept that you don't deem P99 red worth playing. Noted. I can only say that my personal experience these past months has been different. I have had a lot of fun xping, grouping, raiding with people on red from various guilds. I cannot judge about RoZ since I have not played there and have no plans to do so. I put great value on the stability/continuity P99 provides and I prefer a non-boxing server. These things RoZ cannot provide. I also leave it to other people to judge, but I don't like the level of toxicity either that emanates from your posts. If that is what I would find on RoZ, then that is an additional point for me to avoid that server.

Please keep this thread civil. I am just sharing my personal experience on P99 red. If people are happy playing on EQ live, P99 blue, RoZ or any other server, I would suggest them to stay where they are and enjoy the ride. All I say to those that might be burned out on their server for whatever reason, there is another option out there, that might appeal to you. Nothing more. Nothing less.

@White_Knight

Add me on discord and join us in voice chat if you have any doubts or you suspect I am this Tune character.

Bummey
09-13-2018, 04:35 PM
no one cares about red

Defgun
09-13-2018, 04:53 PM
Alotron is a Swathe approved Bro. He speaks Truth, RoZ prob fun but its just arcade mode, and that Cata guild only left because Apex dominated them.

aaezil
09-13-2018, 04:59 PM
nice desperation thread

Cylock
09-14-2018, 03:24 AM
Some of you guys are such jerks

@OP, as long as you’re having fun that’s all that matters, ignore the haters and trolls!

Swish2
09-14-2018, 05:09 AM

@OP, as long as you’re having fun that’s all that matters, ignore the haters and trolls!

White_knight
09-14-2018, 06:07 AM
Mean while on red99:

Players: UP

Frudrura
09-14-2018, 06:10 AM
It's a trap!

Gamma
09-14-2018, 08:44 AM
Earlier today on P99 Red ..

DRACOLICHE (https://wiki.project1999.com/Dracoliche), you fought well but you were no match for the might of this league of extraordinary warriors!

A joyous day for Norrath and all of gnomekind!
Grats <Sanctuary> !

ScaringChildren
09-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Earlier today on P99 Red ..

DRACOLICHE (https://wiki.project1999.com/Dracoliche), you fought well but you were no match for the might of this league of extraordinary warriors!

A joyous day for Norrath and all of gnomekind!
Grats <Sanctuary> !

Pictured: the entire server

bigjeff100
09-14-2018, 09:57 AM

Jazzy
09-14-2018, 10:04 AM
Yes thats all well and good

The thing is, and this is what grinds my gears, the server isnt a pvp server anymore

Its just another blue server

Red99 has so much potential if it would just be wiped and gms leave it well alone in its rebirth

Praying for you

Gamma
09-14-2018, 10:40 AM
@LulzSect

I applaud your devotion to this thread. But you know .. people have families, jobs etc. And so I do not see what you seek to accomplish by posting server numbers in the middle of the night / early daytime when people are at work.

We have all taken your point. RoZ ftw. RoZ to pwn dem noobs. RoZ 4life. L33t RoZ. More power to you my friend. But I will say it again, EQ live, P99 Blue, P99 Red, RoZ, etc. Different servers. Different rulesets. A server where each and everyone boxes, potential server wipes, corpse camping/griefing, .. it's not for all.

There is a lot of fun to be had in this game. Be it casual or hardcore. I have found P99 red to have an awesome and helpful community and people dismiss it all too often because of the toxicity they see on the forums. I lost count on the number of people I played with on red who told me stuff like .. "Omg this is awesome. I love the increased 50% xp etc. etc.. If I had known how helpful the community was, I would have played here long before."

I mostly never read the forums here (hence my post count), I enjoy the game. But when I see how top heavy P99 blue is and how saturated the raid scene (i.e. view one of the other top threads here on having to random on scout etc.), I felt it would be helpful to inform people maybe of the opportunities P99 red offers for those who are willing to see it. Site note: You can play on blue and red at the same time.

Likewise I would suggest you rather try to inform people of the positives of RoZ, a very different ruleset server. As of now, I do not know what you are trying to accomplish here. Or do you believe the kind of posts you make around these forums, puts RoZ in a positive light? Maybe my logic is flawed, but my impression of RoZ just gets worse with every troll post in thread. Just my 2 cents mate.

Gamma
09-14-2018, 11:16 AM
I fully agree with you there. If PvP is your main focus, there are a couple of people that do pvp still on P99 red but they are a minority at this stage. Playing on P99 red is a 99% blue experience atm. Though that could always change of course. <Sanctuary> and <Apex> only maintain a tenuous truce as long as common goals align. For those whose main focus is PvP and mainly that, RoZ could be a fit for sure. I myself am more blue, than red, so I cant judge as such on the quality of the PvP. I will let you and others bring forth arguments on that.

With regard to server numbers, I have been on P99 red for years and know the ebbs and flows of the server. But saying we are playing with 10-20 people atm is stretching it quite a bit. Check again during prime time to see the numbers spike up to 50 or more. Hop on Sanctuary discord during raid hours and there alone you'll find about 20+ people every day mostly. But as with everything, there are opportunities to be found in that:

- A smaller but very much more tight knit community
- Availability of camps and raid targets abound (just take a pick and you got it mostly)
- A high level of comeradery and overall helpful atmosphere because everyone is very conscious that in order to accomplish something you might need a person's help some day.
- Etc.

Phenyo
09-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Project 1999 PvP
Players:15

Xer0
09-14-2018, 11:33 AM
no one cares about red

qft.

OP I think you misspelled "toxic environment"

Gamma
09-14-2018, 11:34 AM
Sup dad. I'd take that pixel package as well please!

Signed,
The poorest cleric on red (200pp in bank and no other level 60 toons)

Gamma
09-14-2018, 11:36 AM
qft.

OP I think you misspelled "toxic environment"

I think you misunderstood said player plays on red.

Martan
09-14-2018, 11:49 AM
Are there any specific character classes that are needed currently on Red?

Gamma
09-14-2018, 11:53 AM
I would always say play what you enjoy the most, Martan. That being said, in order to progress guilds get the most benefit from a rogue or cleric at this point. You can mostly expect to get epic'ed right away on those once you get to the raiding stages.

arcanon
09-14-2018, 11:53 AM
no

Servant
09-14-2018, 01:17 PM
So what? The point of any server, pvp or otherwise, is for people to have fun on it. All of you trolls are just fucking with other people for making different decisions from you. Hey, not all of us want to shoot meth into our eyeballs. That may work for you guys, but other people get to choose their own pastimes, and you all just look like petty jerks. Of course, being trolls, that's what you want, so - mission accomplished! You've pretended to be petty jerks for so long that you actually now have become what you emulated. Next time you want to post here, ask yourself - "Wouldn't I have more fun if I injected more meth?! HELLZ YEAH!" and then do that instead. Thanks!

ZiggyTheMuss
09-14-2018, 02:48 PM
Red is not class pvp it is an abomination.

1. Server wide chat? not classic
2. Yellow text? Not classic
3. Loot and scoot bullshit? NOT CLASSIC
4. 10 people on in prime time? NOT CLASSIC!

These resources for the red server should instead be used for a green server.

WIPE THAT SHIT CLEAN

White_knight
09-14-2018, 03:53 PM
So what? The point of any server, pvp or otherwise, is for people to have fun on it. All of you trolls are just fucking with other people for making different decisions from you. Hey, not all of us want to shoot meth into our eyeballs. That may work for you guys, but other people get to choose their own pastimes, and you all just look like petty jerks. Of course, being trolls, that's what you want, so - mission accomplished! You've pretended to be petty jerks for so long that you actually now have become what you emulated. Next time you want to post here, ask yourself - "Wouldn't I have more fun if I injected more meth?! HELLZ YEAH!" and then do that instead. Thanks!

If the server is so great why does Tune (OP) constantly use alt accounts to ask people to come play with him?

Your attitude is what is entirely wrong with red99. People made their mind up that red99 is crap and dont want to play there and subseqently as soon as people point this out in a "come play with us on red99" thread you get angry at them and call them trolls.

You're right about one thing though -- people are entitled to have fun how they want to but you're poor attitude in calling people trolls, meth injectors etc simply because they point out that the server is actually a waste land (which it is) is actually infact why the server is so low pop. So all the 300 hardcode and 500 casuals that played at various times are all trolls and meth users for deciding to not want to play on red99 anymore?

You have fun on a 3 group server killing dracoliche every 3 days, that's your cup of tea -- but don't call people trolls and meth injectors simply because they don't agree with your ideal of fun.

You sir are an oxymoron.

P.s. you're also a terrible eq player so stay on red99.

Servant
09-14-2018, 05:38 PM
Say, that was a fierce quantity of incorrect assumptions you're making there. Perhaps you too love to inject the meth?!

If the server is so great why does Tune (OP) constantly use alt accounts to ask people to come play with him?

Your attitude is what is entirely wrong with red99. People made their mind up that red99 is crap and dont want to play there and subseqently as soon as people point this out in a "come play with us on red99" thread you get angry at them and call them trolls.

The server would be more fun with more people, so people who are still having fun playing on it and want to have more fun thus naturally invite more people. Then the same small group of attention-starved dorks always jumps on every such thread to talk shit about Tune in particular and Red99 and anyone who would play on it in general. I'm not angry, that's not my style, but I consider those people to be pretty uncool and I don't mind challenging their silly notions in a public forum. They're trolls! That's why I call them trolls. If you got a problem with that then I think you're funny and cute and a little obtuse, like a fortune cookie but less crunchy.

You're right about one thing though -- people are entitled to have fun how they want to but you're poor attitude in calling people trolls, meth injectors etc simply because they point out that the server is actually a waste land (which it is) is actually infact why the server is so low pop. So all the 300 hardcode and 500 casuals that played at various times are all trolls and meth users for deciding to not want to play on red99 anymore?

The vast majority of people that once played on r99 never came here to talk shit to and about the people that still do. They aren't trolls. I would be interested in hearing a logical defense of your inference that I'm calling everyone that quit a troll. But I'm not going have that interest appeased, because you can't, because your statement was totally irrational.

You have fun on a 3 group server killing dracoliche every 3 days, that's your cup of tea -- but don't call people trolls and meth injectors simply because they don't agree with your ideal of fun.

I quit red maybe 2 months ago because it got too quiet and lonely for me personally, so now I'm playing on blue and having fun there leveling up a class I've never played. People who knew me on r99 know that I almost never participated in pvp, I just happen to like pvp servers ever since rallos zek 1999. I still hope that red's pop will recover in some way, which is why I still check the red forums.

You sir are an oxymoron.

Given my name, the inference is that I am your master, inaccurately called Servant, and thus an oxymoron. Perhaps you wished to call me a "moron"? That would be a more standard term to try and insult someone's intelligence. It's okay, call me whatever you want, friend :) I don't really base my self-opinion on internet critics.

P.s. you're also a terrible eq player so stay on red99.

Pretty sure the few times we've hunted together (you probably don't know that we did because I have 7 chars 50+ on red and nobody can keep track of all the names) things went fine and everyone had fun. I suck at pvp because I don't care for it and generally have friendly feelings for my fellows online, with only very rare exceptions. I'm just fine at PVE, thank you, and so were you. No need to make shit up, brotha!

White_knight
09-14-2018, 06:50 PM
You're one of those "you can have your cake and eat it" type people.

You act the same as the people you despise - trolls and meth injectors as you call them, but want to be a goodie too shoe at the same time. (i.e the why I called you an oxymoron - look it up or see reference below)... carry on though if that's what brings you happiness.

After spending 4 years playing red99 before quitting I can safely say that people like you are the reason the server is the way it is. Bad players who want to just to PvE and cry when PvP happens. And instead of playing on blue you play on red where it's easier to level then force the GMs to apply blue PvE rules to the server. Fact is a player like you shouldn't be on red99 you should be on EZForest server or some shit.

Oxymoron - a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction

Have good day.

Swish2
09-14-2018, 06:59 PM
A lot of opinions about a server that only 3 people apparently play on

Servant
09-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Only time I ever "cried" about pvp (as in I bitched about it a bit) was when I was killed taking a short afk in a group - by a pug groupmate, after a good 45 minutes of exping with no conflicts or dramas or anything. That's pretty fucked up and was worth a complaint.

You don't know me at all, and your opinion is worthless. You spent 4 years and made it to level 53? You've got no standing to tell people they're bad at this game man, and plus you have all the percipience of a sea slug. Go back and look at Swish's post history, or Tassador's, or Lulzsect's, or any of a number of other perennial denizens here, and you'll see people who are totally committed to being trolls - that's the game they're playing, draped over the context of p99. I've yapped back at them here and there, but certainly not anywhere near to the volume of troll-spam they are vomiting forth on these forums literally every day for years. You want to pick me out as lord-high troll then that just elucidates your toddler-perspective for everyone else to see. And toddlers shouldn't do meth! Sad.

Any last words? Go ahead, you can do the closing statement if you think you have anything worthwhile to say for once. Otherwise, stfu and bye!

White_knight
09-14-2018, 08:00 PM
Only time I ever "cried" about pvp (as in I bitched about it a bit) was when I was killed taking a short afk in a group - by a pug groupmate, after a good 45 minutes of exping with no conflicts or dramas or anything. That's pretty fucked up and was worth a complaint.

You don't know me at all, and your opinion is worthless. You spent 4 years and made it to level 53? You've got no standing to tell people they're bad at this game man, and plus you have all the percipience of a sea slug. Go back and look at Swish's post history, or Tassador's, or Lulzsect's, or any of a number of other perennial denizens here, and you'll see people who are totally committed to being trolls - that's the game they're playing, draped over the context of p99. I've yapped back at them here and there, but certainly not anywhere near to the volume of troll-spam they are vomiting forth on these forums literally every day for years. You want to pick me out as lord-high troll then that just elucidates your toddler-perspective for everyone else to see. And toddlers shouldn't do meth! Sad.

Any last words? Go ahead, you can do the closing statement if you think you have anything worthwhile to say for once. Otherwise, stfu and bye!

I have 4x 60s on red.

I grouped with you on your cleric (same name as forum handle) you are terrible ar this game. Those toons listed in my sig are my blue toons, I dont play on red so I dont list them.

See the tone you have right now in your posts? Proving my point of the type of player/red99 cretin you are.

aaezil
09-14-2018, 08:35 PM

Im not a jerk, hater, or a troll. I feel like i have a good reason to warn people about red as it is in its current state.

I tried red once - i levelled by myself to lvl 12 or so (because i saw no other players until i got in my first pvp battle with a similarly levelled troll warrior and he ran away 1/2 way thru but it was fun) then moved to crushbone where there were a few lowbies levelling. i joined them and was going out to get my lvl 16 spells i think it was and turn in belts/pads but as soon as i got to the zone line there was some guy killing everyone (like everyone at once vs hm except he didnt die) Ok pvp happens sure i get it so i go to get my corpse and loot it and i inspect him - its lvl 50-60 gear on a guy who obviously deleved himself. after im done inspecting he kills me again. (And the rest of my group). Logged off since that was such a terrible experience and tried again the next night. Guy is still there and kills me again multiple times. Tried moving to any zone where there was a group and it was this guy or similar delevled no drop gear twinks. At the end of that week i deleted my r99 toons and havent logged in since.

Will not ever play again till this situation is fixed tbh.

Gamma
09-14-2018, 08:47 PM
I get what you're saying aaezil. There's a couple of zones (mainly crushbone, unrest, MM, CoM and Seb come to mind) where that used to happen in the past. I rarely see it happen anymore (those toons moved to RoZ I can only imagine), and if it should it's worth to push through and just xp at another spot for a few levels (remember there is a global 50% xp bonus making every zone feel like awesome xp compared to blue prolly). It isn't all that bad tbh.

I have never seen it happen in the past months since starting my toon (end june).

Phenyo
09-14-2018, 08:52 PM
Project 1999 PvP
Players:27

prime time

Gamma
09-14-2018, 09:01 PM
Project 1999 PvP
Players:27

prime time

Your point? <Sanctuary> raiding boys! :D

White_knight
09-14-2018, 09:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ECBKBVM.jpg

Servant and Gamma (Tune) currently writing petitions for PvPing on a PvP server.

Servant
09-14-2018, 09:39 PM
I have 4x 60s on red.

I grouped with you on your cleric (same name as forum handle) you are terrible ar this game. Those toons listed in my sig are my blue toons, I dont play on red so I dont list them.

See the tone you have right now in your posts? Proving my point of the type of player/red99 cretin you are.

Excellent last words, thanks so much! Bye.

Gamma
09-14-2018, 09:40 PM
@White_knight can you join me on discord already? I dont know this Tune guy you talk about.
I really dont see what your contribution to this thread is.

Swish2
09-14-2018, 10:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/P1xS4pc.jpg

This thread in a picture <3 Enjoy. Feel free to print and frame above your computer. Will sign on request.

Thomacles
09-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Why do I get the unshakable feeling like this is a mean gang just trying to con players into making character so they can gank them and make them future victims?

R P99 was less than 40 players when I tried it, same with RoZ.

I have no intention of going back. /shrug

To each his own.....

But the OP, seems to me at least, a very bad used car salesman with phony white smiley teeth.........

"Why come on down to our lot! Bring the wife and kids! Will give them free hot dogs for test driving our servers!!"

:cool:

Gamma
09-15-2018, 01:50 PM
But the OP, seems to me at least, a very bad used car salesman with phony white smiley teeth.........

In this day and age where it's hard to trust anyone (media, politicians, etc.), let alone someone you don't know I can't blame you for thinking that way. But as with everything, you will never find something you might like and enjoy if you don't give it a try. To refer to the quote in your own signature "An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty". If it turns out to be something that wasn't for you, fair enough. EQ, it's a game and meant to be played for enjoyment. If you don't enjoy the game or the server community, it's always better to move on.

That said, I can only reiterate the intention of this post was to provide mainly "blue" players like myself an alternative option. It would be awesome to hang out with some new people and enjoy the game on a server I thoroughly enjoy.

HippoNipple
09-17-2018, 04:47 PM
All the toxic players left, oh and all the good players, the hackers, the bluebies and don't forget the GMs! Come on over guys, content is up!

Zuranthium
09-19-2018, 02:32 AM
I had plenty of fun experiences on Red and wish more people were into PvP. I think most people have a misconception about it in the first place, like it's some kind of nuisance or hindrance. PvP greatly deepens the gameplay and brings back more of the actual thrills you got from classic era Everquest; way more interactive and interesting than Blue server. Blue server p1999 is like Solitaire. If you want to play nothing but Solitaire your whole life then go for it, but nobody actually does that because it's boring. You'd only do such a thing if you didn't have better options (which means you need to realize there are better options in the first place).

At the same time I wish the devs would make Red "less classic", because the game is nowhere close to ideally designed for PvP, especially in Velious era. Aside from balance and annoying mechanical issues with how combat plays out, there's not enough incentive for people to PvP in the first place. The server could be a ton of fun if it was actually built around PvP and stopped from becoming a "low population Blue clone". Red server had a very healthy population for a period of time, and healthy gameplay from the playerbase for a small period of time -- during Kunark era when there were sizeable guilds with roughly equal ability, which was especially nice because Kunark era is inherently better balanced than Velious era. It wouldn't be hard to make Red a bigger success than ever, but the devs need to put a little bit of work into it and realize changes are necessary for the format. The server was at its best directly after they did introduce a wave of "non-classic" improvements.

Canelek
09-19-2018, 03:04 AM
Guess we were due for one of these.

Gamma
09-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Just to reiterate, feel free to add me on discord Alotron#1012. I can pass you an invite to the Sanctuary discord where a lot of red players hang out. Makes it much easier for returners/new comers to find groups or get to know some players!

Ignight
09-19-2018, 08:40 PM

Cen
09-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Being a former Darkenbane from Rallos Zek from the start to luclin era, I really wish red took off here, but it hasn't, and for that reason i'm out. I want other people to guinea pig before me ;D

Gamma
10-02-2018, 05:57 AM
@Cen, what were you talking about? Server has been picking up like crazy! I'm happy to be a guinea pig any day of the week with the gains I've personally been getting over the past weeks alone!

P99 Red is an awesome environment at this stage for those who have a main focus on PVE! Below kills are just a fraction of the kills <Sanctuary> has been gaining in the past 2 weeks alone!
So to anybody who likes EQ, loves PVE and pixels. Consider Red. Get in touch with me on discord (Alotron#1012) or a Sanctuary officer ingame, we would be happy to hit you up with a discord invite and you can hang out with some of the most friendly/helpful people you will ever meet!
With the amount of targets we down on a daily basis, you'll be able to get an awesome toon rolling right here.

A list of some of the targets up for grabs! Off the top of my head:

- Temple of Veeshan! (kill screenshot top right) - so many awesome gains in the past 2 weeks! Amongst others:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Emerald_Bastardsword_of_Purity
https://wiki.project1999.com/Transparent_Eyepatch
https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Girdle_of_Stability
https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of_Relkententinar
https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_Maul_of_Superiority

- Vindicator & Statue of Rallos Zek (kill screenshot top left)
- Trakanon (kill screenshot bottom left) - We are heading into VP soon!
- World dragons everywhere!
- Epics everywhere!
- Planes of Fear, Hate & Sky (Dracoliche kill screenshot bottom right)
- Lodizal (get your eyepatch of plunder and turtle belt!)
- Just too much to put all on here ..

Why am I posting this here? Because we enjoy the game and would love to share the experience with others! Try it. Hit us up if anything and you'll be set for an awesome ride!

brinkman512
10-02-2018, 06:47 AM
Nilbog needs to merge red into blue, and make blue a pvp server!

Ignight
10-02-2018, 07:01 AM
All the toxic players left, oh and all the good players, the hackers, the bluebies and don't forget the GMs! Come on over guys, content is up!

This is HippoNipple at his best. Griefin new players to Red 99.

AC-Gamer Video.

Everquest old school : Part 3 - Red Server (PvP) - ButcherBlock - Rogue Dwarf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjwVoUfIFPM

Jimjam
10-02-2018, 07:51 AM
Why do people use uncontested PVE as an argument to join a PVP server?

What backwards situation is this where on the PVE server you are competing against the players, whereas on the PVP server you are competing against the environment?!

JipXIII
10-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Why do people use uncontested PVE as an argument to join a PVP server?

What backwards situation is this where on the PVE server you are competing against the players, whereas on the PVP server you are competing against the environment?!

Because people want to raid, and it's available. I would rather get my raids done, and PVP to defend my raids/camps, and never have to slow down. Rather then have to keyboard warrior and call GM's to take care of things.

People complain about the 46+ experience on blue, and never actually try the alternative that is red.

putrid_plum
10-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Red has no players, why would anyone want that experience?

Ignight
10-02-2018, 12:40 PM

It's a trade off. Last in line on blue with a hellova wait or first in line on red with no one to gloat to.

feanan
10-02-2018, 04:16 PM
There are 22 people on red right now, lol.
sounds like a good time
content is up all right, and still nobody cares.

reznor_
10-02-2018, 05:12 PM
PvP is great but red population...eh

Not that anyone cares, but the only game that had pvp I really enjoyed was Age of Conan and Warhammer Online

Zuranthium
10-02-2018, 05:28 PM

It does have players. Red is much more fun than Blue and also wastes less of your time grinding because of the exp bonus, AND no ridiculous shit over PvE content like on Blue server.

Varren
10-02-2018, 09:48 PM
One of these days ill muster a squad and come back over

Kohedron
10-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Red is in a weird state where it's so dead it's actually a good thing, because the PvP part is non existent and you can level up fast and do whatever you want

Gamma
10-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Let it known, October 5th 2018 will go into the history books as the day Red 99 was declared the first RMT free Everquest server in the modern era! It is the day the RESISTANCE stood up and ended the <Apex> reign of terror that held the server in a stranglehold for far too long. No longer will players be griefed into gearing up 100+ alts for Apex leadership before getting their first upgrade. It truly is a joyous time to be alive!

Earlier this week the forces of light <Sanctuary>, also known as the RESISTANCE, fought valiantly in battle against the forces of darkness <Apex> on the battlefield of Kael. Severely outgeared, the resistance held strong. Shoulder to shoulder we stood and victory was acquired, <Apex> trying to avoid a devastating defeat only by pulling entire Kael to their aid. Knees were bent that day! Honorable members of <Apex> threw off the yoke of oppression and untagged. A true act of courage! Praise to them! And so, the last <Apex> logged off on October 5th 2018 around 6pm PST.

Today is the first day of a new Red 99. A Red 99 that truly provides a place for all to enjoy Everquest. Do you enjoy PVE? Red 99 provides you with an environment free of griefing and poopsocking. Every EQ players dream. Do you enjoy PVP? Red 99 provides you with people up for honorable PVP. No zoneline plugging or training. People go beyond their egos and see there is no shame in taking a yellow text after a hard fought battle.

To all, whether it be honorable squads on P99 blue, live or any other game; whether it be forum warriors who are bound to deny the liberation of Red 99 by the RESISTANCE, please know that we accept your challenge on the open field of battle! The title has been claimed! Vive la résistance!

Busher
10-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Was only RMT free because nobody was logged on. May it rest in peace

tsuchang
10-06-2018, 11:28 AM
It is a good place to play.
If you personally don't like it, don't play it.
Cripes, there are so many liberals on here with their, "I don't like it so no one should do it", attitude.
Hillary lost, get over it.

Vidar
10-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Red is in a weird state where it's so dead it's actually a good thing, because the PvP part is non existent and you can level up fast and do whatever you want

lol very true

Frug
10-06-2018, 03:27 PM
It is a good place to play.
If you personally don't like it, don't play it.
Cripes, there are so many liberals on here with their, "I don't like it so no one should do it", attitude.
Hillary lost, get over it.

The obsession with the Clinton's is unhealthy. Seek professional help.

tsuchang
10-06-2018, 04:46 PM
I must have Clinton Derangement Syndrome.
There were lots of folks upset at Donald Trump winning the presidency. I must be wrong.

Clazxiss
10-07-2018, 01:29 PM

I've been absent for the last few months. What exactly has happened to red? I briefly logged on a few weeks ago and saw some Sanctuary people were still active, Ronin went to RoZ, and Apex only had some of the regulars online.

This was around 7pm EST. Did Apex get bored?

The Heretic
10-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Hello Baritune! Things are going well. Sanctuary has rather high activity right now compared to other guilds on the server. Join us in discord some time, we'll fill you in!

Ignight
10-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Hello Baritune! Things are going well. Sanctuary has rather high activity right now compared to other guilds on the server. Join us in discord some time, we'll fill you in!

Did Apex members roll back into Sanctuary?

The Heretic
10-08-2018, 02:22 PM
We've picked up a few that wanted to do something different.