PDA

View Full Version : Super fast leveling for Druid's/Wizards - Bread Quest (Update to my old video)

Cen
09-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Original Topic: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275384

Last time I posted about the bread quest, it exploded in popularity, and got totally nerfed 5 days after. I swear it wasn't my fault, but whoever decided to ensnare Jarlen and Inkeep James at the zone lines :P Anyway, for anyone who isn't aware, getting very fast experience is not *completely* dead. It's just limited to Druids and Wizards now. You probably *heard* of the bread quest, but if you want to know what it is, here is a new video explaining what people are doing these days.

New video for Druids and Wizards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk4tSKzzj8k

and now I may have completely ruined it :D

Here is the factions you get for the two npc's shown in the video:

https://i.imgur.com/Z7H7RCT.png

Any character of any race or religion can do these turn ins, but you may need invis for safety, or you'll end up like I did at the end of the new video. Boop.

Voland
09-19-2018, 02:57 PM
Your video says you bind your wizard in Feerrott, port to NK and run to SK.
Is this faster than binding in SK, porting to CT and running to Feerrott?
(I know that wiz only gets CT port at 24, but the same applies to dru Feerrott port)

Cen
09-19-2018, 03:06 PM
(I know that wiz only gets CT port at 24, but the same applies to dru Feerrott port)

I haven't had a chance to try yet, but I will give it a shot tonight. My guess is its going to suck, but maybe im wrong. Also im scared of CT. I don't even know the way through yet to the entrance ;D

BarackObooma
09-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Straight west and you'll get to the door.

Aalderon Crystafire
09-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Last time I posted about the bread quest, it exploded in popularity, and got totally nerfed 5 days after. I swear it wasn't my fault

It wasn't your fault. P99 may have had many patches/expansions (Kunark) longer than classic but this nerf was planned and timed pretty much a la classic. If you look at the ZAM posts you can see that the XP was nerfed not too long after. The quests are also [almost] all removed with Chardok 2.0, anyway. You won't see another nerf.

Foxplay
09-19-2018, 04:58 PM
It wasn't your fault. P99 may have had many patches/expansions (Kunark) longer than classic but this nerf was planned and timed pretty much a la classic. If you look at the ZAM posts you can see that the XP was nerfed not too long after. The quests are also [almost] all removed with Chardok 2.0, anyway. You won't see another nerf.

No more nerf's?

We'll put that claim to the test

loramin
09-19-2018, 05:15 PM
I'm interested in doing this quest on my Shaman, not for the experience, but for the faction (it's hard to get ogres to like you).

Has anyone ever determined how many runs it takes to raise their faction a level?

Cen
09-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Its a +2 on the merchants and a 1 on Clurg and the guards from one old source. It seems like all the bread turnsins are all +1's but +2's on the merchant faction that its going to.

Im not sure if thats true because man I went to warmly fast with a troll shaman going to innkeep james last year.

Cen
09-19-2018, 06:49 PM
No more nerf's?

We'll put that claim to the test

Oh god we're about to have a new inkeeper at the druid ruins.

aaezil
09-19-2018, 06:50 PM
Hard pass... its a game play it

Aalderon Crystafire
09-20-2018, 12:53 AM
I'm interested in doing this quest on my Shaman, not for the experience, but for the faction (it's hard to get ogres to like you).

Has anyone ever determined how many runs it takes to raise their faction a level?

It took 15,000 fresh baked muffins for me to max Merchants of Oggok -- that's 1,500 turn ins at 10 muffins per turn in. I believe Bread quest might give +1 or +2 more than that.

Cen
09-20-2018, 01:04 AM

So an update to this: I did Cazic Thule port when I hit 24, and.. uh, yeah that's not going to happen for anyone doing this quest. The port in is surrounded by 3 mobs that instantly kill a level 24 in a second. Its too dangerous to be useful. Maybe if a super high level wants to try it but by then its a little past the point of doing it.

I never ported to CT before so I wasn't ready for that, unless you were trying to prank me and I didn't pick up on it :p

loramin
09-20-2018, 01:12 AM
It took 15,000 fresh baked muffins for me to max Merchants of Oggok -- that's 1,500 turn ins at 10 muffins per turn in.

https://i.imgur.com/9knPyLp.gif

Respect.

Rimson
09-20-2018, 03:55 AM
Always good to have a video of this to link people too.

The Druid route is insanely fast at 24 once you get Ring of Feerott. You can easily do one full cycle in 2 minutes depending on your HD speed and internet speed. Its a very easy way to get from 24-34 so you can start quadding. Technically you can keep going with it but it really starts to slow down after that.

Swish2
09-20-2018, 05:09 AM
Hard pass... its a game play it

Still too many people wanting to buy CB belts/pads/bone chips.

ScaringChildren
09-20-2018, 06:11 AM
The video's ending was a butt-puckering ride

Cen
09-20-2018, 07:59 AM
The video's ending was a butt-puckering ride

I almost cut it out but I wanted some suspense. I always also like to make my gates close calls :D

Kiwix
09-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Still too many people wanting to buy CB belts/pads/bone chips.

=D

Frug
09-20-2018, 11:02 AM

Note that this quest still wont change your Ogre *Shaman* faction, but you can walk around in Oggok, and bank, and vendor. Just stay out of the Shaman, SK, and Warrior areas.

Aalderon Crystafire
09-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Note that this quest still wont change your Ogre *Shaman* faction, but you can walk around in Oggok, and bank, and vendor. Just stay out of the Shaman, SK, and Warrior areas.

Also, it is time sensitive. Once the next patch hits there will be almost no way to raise Merchants of Ogg[u]k faction. You'll still be able to get a muffin crate from the woman in Kaladim and Sporali in Runnyeye will continue to very rarely drop Bag of Bread Loaves but that is all. Anyone that wants to be non-KOS to the Oggok banker should do this quest now. He might currently be on Clurg but that will be fixed, too.

Voland
09-20-2018, 02:11 PM
So an update to this: I did Cazic Thule port when I hit 24, and.. uh, yeah that's not going to happen for anyone doing this quest. The port in is surrounded by 3 mobs that instantly kill a level 24 in a second. Its too dangerous to be useful. Maybe if a super high level wants to try it but by then its a little past the point of doing it.

I never ported to CT before so I wasn't ready for that, unless you were trying to prank me and I didn't pick up on it :p

Wasn't a prank... I don't know CT zone well, I just knew that wizzies get a port there.
PM me if you need help with CR.

It does seem an odd design choice to have a 24 port spell which cannot be safely used by a lv 24... then again, EJ port isn't safe either, and some others too.

ScaringChildren
09-20-2018, 02:26 PM
My druid is currently level 18. Chances are by the time I hit 24 they'll release Chardok 2.0 and I won't be able to do this.

Sillyturtle
09-21-2018, 03:04 AM
Always good to have a video of this to link people too.

The Druid route is insanely fast at 24 once you get Ring of Feerott. You can easily do one full cycle in 2 minutes depending on your HD speed and internet speed. Its a very easy way to get from 24-34 so you can start quadding. Technically you can keep going with it but it really starts to slow down after that.

I found it extremely mana intensive. I could get like maximum 3 MAYBE 4 trips from a mana bar and was getting like 2-3% per handin at level 24.

Maybe if i had mana regen buffs or something idk.

Tethler
09-21-2018, 04:53 AM
I found it extremely mana intensive. I could get like maximum 3 MAYBE 4 trips from a mana bar and was getting like 2-3% per handin at level 24.

Maybe if i had mana regen buffs or something idk.

It certainly helps. Gate to WC and try to snag a potg before you start. It's good to do while watching movies or something when you are partially checked out. Do a few runs then AFK med up at the centaurs, then do more runs.

wyrm slayer
09-22-2018, 01:00 PM
This may be nerfed. lvl 20 gnome wizard doing the fay port and getting maybe 1/3 of a blue per run. with a sow i can do it in around 1 min 40 seconds so thats roughly a blue per 5 min. not horrible but not as good as it sounds like it was.

Issar
09-22-2018, 01:11 PM
This may be nerfed. lvl 20 gnome wizard doing the fay port and getting maybe 1/3 of a blue per run. with a sow i can do it in around 1 min 40 seconds so thats roughly a blue per 5 min. not horrible but not as good as it sounds like it was.

The only good turn in vendors that I know of are the Feerott and Kaladim ones. The Kaladim vendor is only up from 6am to 8pm. The exp returns from the rest definitely do not seem worth it.

Muggens
09-22-2018, 02:23 PM
Maybe a good quest to do if youre afraid of the monsters coming to get you

ScaringChildren
09-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Maybe a good quest to do if youre afraid of the monsters coming to get you

I thought the same until I got 2 levels + 1 full yellow of exp in just under 5 hours last night.

You might be able to get those results with a stellar group and ZEM dungeon but I doubt it.

NegaStoat
10-31-2018, 03:41 PM
Just finished reaching 34 on my druid doing this, starting at level 20. Levels 20 to 24 took a bit as I had to do the straight run from North Karana into South karana for the bread, and then Gate back to the ogre inkeep. At level 24 however, going from 24 to 30 took 2 hours per level. I had a friend using a high level necro parked in Feerrott twitching my mana while they played Total War: Warhammer while we stayed on discord voice chat.

Ending plat earned from the quest between levels 20 to 34 was 1400pp. I'd say this is really worth doing IF you have a source of mana recovery for your druid.

ScaringChildren
10-31-2018, 03:51 PM
I'd say this is really worth doing IF you have a source of mana recovery for your druid.

Just port to WC and pay someone for a POTG. It lasts like an 1 hour or more and the mana regen is about the same as Clarity.

Just beware after level 34, as you haven't trained your spells in 10 levels so combat will be straight booty for awhile.

Zipity
10-31-2018, 04:04 PM
Or just get a group in hhk goblins and level just as fast or faster and enjoy yourself and the game!

ScaringChildren
10-31-2018, 04:06 PM
Or just get a group in hhk goblins and level just as fast or faster and enjoy yourself and the game!

No, you don't level faster in hhk goblins.

Granted, it's a prime spot to level. The ZEM is top notch and the money is great, but the bread quest is way faster.

The money is about the same.

Crede
11-07-2018, 08:16 PM

Switched to CT on my wizard after hitting 24 for this quest. It's about 40 seconds faster. If you know the exact way(just go west) even with the threat of mobs its really not that bad. I wouldn't recommend doing it without at least jboots/sow pots though.

Protip: use your leatherskin/steelskin spells to handle a potential hit. The quest more than pays for the cost of regeants, and the time savings by using CT instead of NK port far outweighs the extra mana cost med time when you have to refresh your absorption spell.

ineubis
11-09-2018, 09:40 AM
This is legit! I read this post once a week ago, but didn't watch the video(s). Watched them yesterday and thought I would try it on my 30 DRU. I haven't played him in a while, and was last grinding skeletons in Najena which was great xp with ZEM bonus. This was much faster xp.

I was 25% in and had 3gp when I started this... VERY casually... I had no Clarity and had to sit frequently.... had to do the initial run to the centaur village and bind, and I was already LoM.... medded up and did the first run, finding my bearings, etc..

Once I got in the flow of things, and two hours later I made 35% (now at 60% total xp) and 85pp in misc pp and gp. This is also at Lvl 30 Hell level xp.

Very worthwhile way to level up. I know some people frown on this and say to fight monsters only... but I've been fighting monsters in EQ for 19 years.... so let me gets some levels a different way :P

Thank you Cen for sharing this info with me and the rest of us. I certainly was not the only one making these runs last night... lol.

Edit: This could also be used for PL I imagine. As long as the person being PL'd has Bind Affinity, and the PL'er has Group port to Feerrott.

Dolalin
11-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Since it seems the devs can't patch for whatever reason, I think this is safe for awhile.

kebas239
11-11-2018, 05:43 PM
Looks like people have found a way to exploit it, using two clerics to click a corpse at each location which basically teleports the person between the two NPCs immediately. This quest definitely won't last much longer.

Cen
11-11-2018, 05:46 PM
Looks like people have found a way to exploit it, using two clerics to click a corpse at each location which basically teleports the person between the two NPCs immediately. This quest definitely won't last much longer.

A cleric cant rez a corpse more then once can they?

Doil_Boil
11-11-2018, 05:48 PM

Doesn’t matter - with no travel time you can eat a death and it won’t matter as long as you’re doing max turn ins. 8 10 slot bags and clerics on each end and you’re Gucci.

kebas239
11-11-2018, 05:48 PM

I think you can. An XP rez just doesn't grant the experience back more than once.

Cen
11-11-2018, 06:26 PM
I think you can. An XP rez just doesn't grant the experience back more than once.

If thats the case man theres a lot of exploits I can think up right now :O

Aalderon Crystafire
11-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Doesn’t matter - with no travel time you can eat a death and it won’t matter as long as you’re doing max turn ins. 8 10 slot bags and clerics on each end and you’re Gucci.

The Bag of Bread Loaves are lore -- you can only do one turn-in per trip. The cleric port is classic as is the current XP from the quest. The only thing that isn't classic is how long we've had it before the Karanas Plague is removed.

ineubis
11-12-2018, 08:34 AM
I witnessed the CLR thing too... rezzing them at both locations. You can be rezzed any number of times (within the rez timer window depending on how you died) but it only gives you back a total of up to 96% back possible. So you could take a 0% or 50% rez and then later receive a 96% rez - all on the same corpse) Oh well, I can't say what I'm doing is any better or worse. 10% into level 33 (started at 25% into 30) and have made 490pp so far. Also now apprehensive to Ogres and can buy/sell. I am a halfling.

Also found (saw others doing) that you can turn in the bag to the innkeeper through the wall in the back of the building so that might shave 1-2 seconds off the run :P

Musgo
02-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Did latest patch affect this?

samkds
02-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Karana Plague has ended. It should. Anyone able to confirm?

Ithinos
02-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Still in game. Exp nerfed it seems from the three runs i did (1% for 3 runs vs the 1.5% per run before), but still gives the plat range and faction.

baakss
02-10-2019, 03:53 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2857973#post2857973

I'd guess this is why it's still in game? The event isn't fully over yet.

Cen
02-10-2019, 04:32 PM
The innkeep's still need your bread everyone. When you're delivering red just pretend that your delivery is saving everyone, ending the plague, and making the developing team release the second part of the patch huehuehu