PDA

View Full Version : DUelling!

Klubba the Oracle
09-24-2018, 01:42 PM
Hi!
Im searching for people who want to duel for fun!
Cuz its the only thing left fun on this server for me :(

Youll learn a lot from duels! :)

ScaringChildren
09-24-2018, 02:14 PM
Is it against server rules to pose like you need to hammer off someone and instead attack them full on?

If not, that sounds pretty fun.

Klubba the Oracle
09-24-2018, 02:20 PM
Is it against server rules to pose like you need to hammer off someone and instead attack them full on?

ooh, good plan :D

Videri
09-24-2018, 03:09 PM
I’ve heard someone has been suspended for that very ruse. Is it true, Fandy?

Zuranthium
09-24-2018, 03:13 PM
If someone gets suspended because another player accepted a duel, then there is something heinously wrong with the GM's. That's the entire fucking point of a duel. Also why are you dueling anyway, you should be on PvP server, this game is so empty without that aspect.

ScottBerta
09-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Klubba let me know if you get a group of people who want to duel it out some time... I may come join with my shaman.

Wonkie
09-24-2018, 04:30 PM
my conflag wand is ready

d3r14k
09-24-2018, 04:51 PM
I'll duel! Fite me!

Meowling
09-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Set up a designated dueling spot, much like outside Stormwind / Orgrimmar.

What about East Commonlands / West Freeport zone line on the EC side.

Supaskillz
09-24-2018, 05:30 PM
sounds like you need to set up a player run botb - velious edition

Klubba the Oracle
09-24-2018, 06:09 PM

That would be fun!

Pringles
09-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Indoors only...I carry a mere two bags of golem metal wands but you can click those boots forever..

AkashicRecord
09-24-2018, 06:47 PM
Go turn in a Tome and keep me on my toes. :P

d3r14k
09-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Go turn in a Tome and keep me on my toes. :P

This would be the more fun way of doing it. Get a weekend where we get a bunch of people to tome up.

What does having a red name restrict you from doing? Player trades? I vaguely remember knowing it impacting something else besides just enabling PvP, but I could be making that up.

enjchanter
09-24-2018, 07:27 PM
Hi!
Im searching for people who want to duel for fun!
Cuz its the only thing left fun on this server for me :(

Youll learn a lot from duels! :)

im totally down for this

AkashicRecord
09-24-2018, 08:16 PM
This would be the more fun way of doing it. Get a weekend where we get a bunch of people to tome up.

What does having a red name restrict you from doing? Player trades? I vaguely remember knowing it impacting something else besides just enabling PvP, but I could be making that up.

Essentially, you can't "help" a blue player...but there are some 'exceptions.'

Of course, if you are in /duel mode, you are essentially on even ground, so you can heal, and buff, etc...just fine for duos and one-off buffing (because the /duel PVP flag clears on zoning.)

If you are grouped however, you are somewhat restricted, because (essentially) you can only cast or receive buffs from other "red" players...which means another person in either direct /duel mode [with you] or full-on global PVP mode...even when grouped.

Somehow Succor / Evac. and porting spells all seem to magically work "as intended."

I haven't tested corpse summoning or sacrifice (ie: Essence Emerald) magics...

You can still trade openly.

ZiggyTheMuss
09-24-2018, 08:37 PM
sounds like you need to set up a player run botb - velious edition

I was seriously considering doing this before I rolled a new char earlier this year and instead devoted what little plat I had to twinking.

I saw a really cool YouTube video showing a tournament of duos. Not sure if it was on red 99 or another emulated server or what but it looked really fun. It appeared to be a bracket style tournament. Rogue/Druid vs necro/cleric, bard/war etc.

I’m not a tunnel big shot or anything but if I had 50k liquid I might try to set it up.

1st place - 30k
2nd place - 15k
3rd place - 5k

Would anyone be interested in something like that?

Baler
09-24-2018, 09:18 PM
You lack the will of a warrior!
No OP has the will of warrior.
You have the will of a house wife or at best a school mom.
You see I have the will of the warrior.
Therefore the battle is already over.
The winner? ME! Rematch? I win again!
Had enough? I thought so! hahaha

24kanthony
09-24-2018, 09:31 PM
If you're 60 and geared, my SK Segador is often down to duel when I'm not with the guild. I'll take fights I will probably lose and go against any class.
I'm 9/0 with paladins.
I like to duel with self buffs/clickies only and no item charges.

ScottBerta
09-25-2018, 01:42 AM
My shaman is Cisco im 60 but not super guild geared like many but I’d be down to duel some time for shits n giggles... as long as it’s done somewhat privately and not with all of EC watching and comentating. Send me a message sometime!

Zeebraboy
09-25-2018, 02:07 AM
If you're 60 and geared, my SK Segador is often down to duel when I'm not with the guild. I'll take fights I will probably lose and go against any class.
I'm 9/0 with paladins.

Dueling paladins 4-5 levels lower shouldn't really count considering how much of a power gap that is 50+ lol.

White_knight
09-25-2018, 05:24 AM
I'm 9/0 with paladins.

Must of been 9 of the worse Paladins ever. No Paladin should lose to a SK. (This isnt a joke either)

Tecmos Deception
09-25-2018, 08:06 AM

I don't accept hammer duels because of paranoia about this. Lol.

Klubba the Oracle
09-27-2018, 02:56 PM
Lets pick a day where we can duel out and practice some =) Fun stuff!!!
Send me a msg if you are game, I am really not logging on for anything else xD

24kanthony
09-27-2018, 03:22 PM
Dueling paladins 4-5 levels lower shouldn't really count considering how much of a power gap that is 50+ lol.

Zeebraboy says a couple of the paladins I fought were too bitch to even count. His words, not mine.
I'll fight any paladin, any time in a legit 1v1.

White_knight, please tell me you have a 60 pally so you can show me what's up.

Zeebraboy
09-28-2018, 01:23 AM
Zeebraboy says a couple of the paladins I fought were too bitch to even count. His words, not mine.

White_knight, please tell me you have a 60 pally so you can show me what's up.

You call them "too bitch" to count yet you're the one dueling people significantly lower level than you and bragging about it /shrug. I've seen pally and SK duels go both ways. It usually comes down to level and/or gear but i do think SK has the edge.

kaev
09-28-2018, 01:32 AM

There's a zone off Lake Rathe, Arena might be its name...

Atmas
09-28-2018, 09:27 AM

I happen to have a 60 Paly. We should set up a time.

aaezil
09-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Its like nobody realizes there are dueling areas IN GAME

Twochain
09-28-2018, 10:07 AM
I'd love to participate in some dueling! One of my favorite things to do in EQOA was dueling. Had a level 30 SK to PVP with. Was a lot of fun.

Dueling in EQ kind of stinks. Which is why I don't play Red. First of all, I think using consumable clickies is cheesy. Also.. jousting is real dumb. Still would love to do it! =)

Klubba the Oracle
09-28-2018, 12:57 PM
I wanna duel 60 paladin, theyre fun to go against!
My favorite class to fight is prolly necro, cause theres action all the time :D

mattydef
09-28-2018, 01:53 PM
I wanna duel 60 paladin, theyre fun to go against!
My favorite class to fight is prolly necro, cause theres action all the time :D

Fighting melee classes as a shaman is pretty pointless, you'd have to fight multiple of them at the same time in order to make it challenging.

Klubba the Oracle
09-28-2018, 01:58 PM
Fighting melee classes as a shaman is pretty pointless, you'd have to fight multiple of them at the same time in order to make it challenging.

It can be just as hard, if they a lot of MR. Slow wont land :)

ScottBerta
09-29-2018, 01:26 AM
Doesn’t Malo typically land... then malosini can land and after this almost any non disease spell can land?? This has at least been my Shamans experience but I don’t do a lot of dueling.

It’s all fun and games until slow doesn’t land.

Evia
09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
I don't accept hammer duels because of paranoia about this. Lol.

Funny story...
I once killed someone hammering off of them. It didn’t proc and he and I weren’t really paying any attention until I stopped hearing the hammer swinging and saw his poor dark elf corpse at my feet.