PDA

View Full Version : Queries about roleplay...

Father_Ninja
09-25-2018, 10:11 AM
So I have alwaysed enjoyed role-playing in games. I'm just curious as to how many people do it and how serious it gets.

I normally end up as a merchant standing with randoms arguing over made up items.

Is there a good spot I can do this? And yes I have heard about the tunnel.

Muggens
09-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a potential Greengrocer here. I suggest baking skill and set up in the tunnel and go all in weird

Quizlop
09-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Sounds like a potential Greengrocer here. I suggest baking skill and set up in the tunnel and go all in weird

We can only hope that he goes for the full Greengrocer experience. We need some new drama to freshen up the server.

Keerarae
09-25-2018, 04:26 PM
So I have alwaysed enjoyed role-playing in games. I'm just curious as to how many people do it and how serious it gets.

I normally end up as a merchant standing with randoms arguing over made up items.

Is there a good spot I can do this? And yes I have heard about the tunnel.

I plan on creating/running custom quest events as well as some hide and go seek events. The custom quest events would certainly require some aspect of roleplaying. If this is interesting to you feel free to hit me up in game (Keerarae/Keerayray).

loramin
09-25-2018, 04:40 PM

Short answer: RP is not big here. Longer answer: that doesn't mean the server lacks people interested in role-playing, it just means you'll have to go out of your way to find them (eg. join or start an RP guild).

Rodeojones1979
09-25-2018, 05:20 PM
I go into role play mode when I encounter a single person in a far corner of Norrath. Especially when they need something from me. I usually use racial or class animosity or kinship as a starting place (eugh, that sounds horrible, but Trolls really are revolting). I also frequently RP that my Druid duo buddy and I have some weird relationship. Like two crusty old adventurers tired of each other but somehow still stick together.

I ALWAYS RP on my noob toons. Something about the freshness of playing as a low level makes it appealing.

Also if you see Yiblaan in game watch him. He’s an expert roleplayer and takes it really seriously. He’s a tradeskilling Erudite mage who wanders around Odus and beyond finding the best fishing spots. And he LOVES giant toes. Hand him some and see what happens. He is a real treat.

Father_Ninja
09-26-2018, 12:13 AM
I plan on creating/running custom quest events as well as some hide and go seek events. The custom quest events would certainly require some aspect of roleplaying. If this is interesting to you feel free to hit me up in game (Keerarae/Keerayray).

Yeah no that sounds really cool, would love to talk and work on that.

We can only hope that he goes for the full Greengrocer experience. We need some new drama to freshen up the server.

I'm not the Greengrocer this world wants, I'll be the Greengrocer it needs.

Father_Ninja
09-26-2018, 12:45 AM
Made a discord, coz I can, for P99 role-players. if you are interested, pm me.

Ralexia
09-26-2018, 02:03 AM
p99 custom player made quests sound cool. You could write your own fake npc dialogue, and make up which items to turn in to which npcs and then you get a special item that you can twink an alt with. Could be an interesting alternative to playing self found if you didn't go overboard with the quest rewards. You could slowly twink your character with mediocre items but feel that sense of progression as you complete custom quests.

Father_Ninja
09-26-2018, 03:03 AM
p99 custom player made quests sound cool. You could write your own fake npc dialogue, and make up which items to turn in to which npcs and then you get a special item that you can twink an alt with.

That's the fun part of RP, and we can be really silly with these as well.

ZiggyTheMuss
09-26-2018, 11:14 AM
I go into role play mode when I encounter a single person in a far corner of Norrath. Especially when they need something from me. I usually use racial or class animosity or kinship as a starting place (eugh, that sounds horrible, but Trolls really are revolting). I also frequently RP that my Druid duo buddy and I have some weird relationship. Like two crusty old adventurers tired of each other but somehow still stick together.

I ALWAYS RP on my noob toons. Something about the freshness of playing as a low level makes it appealing.

Also if you see Yiblaan in game watch him. He’s an expert roleplayer and takes it really seriously. He’s a tradeskilling Erudite mage who wanders around Odus and beyond finding the best fishing spots. And he LOVES giant toes. Hand him some and see what happens. He is a real treat.

Haha, I love this stuff. Thanks for reminding me, I've been meaning to make some macros for player quests with like silly /emotes and [quest brackets] to have one with strangers

fadetree
09-26-2018, 01:06 PM
Can you still fool people with quest brackets? I would think pretty much everybody is on to that from way back.

ScaringChildren
09-26-2018, 01:26 PM
My one-eyed dwarf (snicker) Rogue roleplays as a homeless dwarf that lives in the sewers of Freeport.

I only come out to beg and pickpocket NPCs and sexually harass young high elves who just stepped off the boat.

I get drunk and yell obscenities and scare the local children.

One day I will assassinate the King and surprise everyone.

ZiggyTheMuss
09-26-2018, 03:24 PM
Can you still fool people with quest brackets? I would think pretty much everybody is on to that from way back.

No I don't think I could fool anyone, just had fun with people before who played along :D

Father_Ninja
09-27-2018, 05:50 AM
My one-eyed dwarf (snicker) Rogue roleplays as a homeless dwarf that lives in the sewers of Freeport.

I only come out to beg and pickpocket NPCs and sexually harass young high elves who just stepped off the boat.

I get drunk and yell obscenities and scare the local children.

One day I will assassinate the King and surprise everyone.

Where do I sign up?