PDA

View Full Version : Server Auction Home

Hibbs
09-28-2018, 03:23 AM
Greeting fellow Norathians!

The Citizens of Norrath call for change and we hope to bring a change that everyone will enjoy!

The auction zone currently is in the East Commonlands, where it has resided for what seems like an eternity. We wish to make a server decree that the zone be changed to Greater Faydark. After careful research I've come up with a list of Pro's and Con's which I would like to discuss here.

PRO
1st and foremost I believe everyone will be in favor of being in a zone that you are able to bank in! More room for more sales! I'm sure I speak for the majority of the people when I say having a bank close by would be amazing! Not having to travel to Freeport(2 zones) or Neriak(3 zones) to bank. How absurd! I hate being like "shoot let me run to the bank for some plat cuz I'm a broke wench "

2nd thing would be General and Trade skill merchants!
-Brew Barrel
-Forge
-Kiln
-Loom
-Pottery Wheel
-Oven
-Fletching
-Jewelry
What could be better than working on your trade skills while trying to monopolize on already overpriced items! Fantastic!

Also another lil quick tid bit for ya! There are 7 places... that is 7 places to purchase alcohol in Kelethin (4 different taverns). Its basically a banger 24/7

We have access to a Greater Spire bringing us to our next point: Wizards will be useful!
We can port straight to the auction zone. If there happens to be no Wizards around we have Druid rings in Butcherblock and Steamfont!

Binding anywhere inside Greater Faydark due to Kelethin being an outdoor town!

No more sand inside your armor. Com'on this should honestly be number 1 spot. Do you know the rashes I've gotten cuz of the sand that got inside my robes sheeesh! That soft High Elf skin.

Crushbone, Unrest, and Mistmoore are awesome leveling zones! Bring the buff beggers to Kelethin!

Its just a nice view and scenic change...Tree's AmIrite?

CON

Evil races will have their work cut out for them!

The first Ogre that gets their faction high enough to sit right in front of the bank door... shame on you!

Splinters

I cant think of too many cons. I believe the pros out weight the cons by a mother load!

We will poll and discuss for a weeks time. Today being the 28th day of September. If server rules for change; the move will happen on the 5th day of October.
Wizards and Druids ready your portals! I feel change in the air.

Hibbs :)

Nexii
09-28-2018, 07:08 AM
For Greater Faydark the con for evil races is too big. I would nominate Thurgadin as the one city both evil and good can bank in. But it also has a huge downside of being inaccessible to newbies.

Axlrose
09-28-2018, 08:41 AM
If people want to auction, buy, and sell in Greater Fay, then what exactly is stopping them from doing it now? Just move your character (or mule) to that zone and start your merchant business! Perhaps others will follow and the market will grow. Meanwhile, people content in East Commonlands will stay and continue with "business as usual". In time, there could be two server markets!! Both druids and wizards will make big money (no whammies) porting buyers and sellers back and forth!

Baylan295
09-28-2018, 08:54 AM
The thing about FP is that banking in Freeport is actually pretty trivial, and getting your faction high enough to be non-KoS in NFP (which is where it really matters) is just a matter of getting a few Lucan tags. That is not true at all for evil races. The faction split between NFP and WFP/EFP guards also means it’s as simple as an invis to get all the way to NFP without any real issue.

Kelethin is much harder to faction, offers the risk of falling off, wasting time, and I imagine is much harder to bank at if you are KoS.

Topgunben
09-28-2018, 03:07 PM
No. The current location makes by far the most sense.

EC tunnel is safe for all Norathians. Kelethin is not
EC tunnel has access to Freeport which is both good and evil. Banking in Freeport is possible for evils even without faction increase.
EC is more centrally located.
Kelethin is a nightmare to navigate.
EC doesn't have perma fog. GFay is often foggy.

Gozuk
09-28-2018, 04:03 PM
Stay out of my Forest.

d3r14k
09-28-2018, 04:31 PM
Voted yes because Kelethin is aesthetically pleasing to me as an elf.

But it will never happen, you'd have to drag seven million pounds of platinum out of that tunnel from the rats who have never moved.

ScaringChildren
09-28-2018, 04:33 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Sexual Abuse Allegations surface against Greater Faydark....we need to postpone the vote.

Artaenc
09-28-2018, 05:35 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Sexual Abuse Allegations surface against Greater Faydark....we need to postpone the vote.

Why don't we vote first on information that we currently have proof of with a limitation of if the guilty until proven innocent is the actual perp then we redact the decision that way we don't delay the planning portion of this exercise? We need a lot of lead time to plan the move of trillions of plat from the original location to the new location. This way if the original project manager is fired then we don't run the risk of the new project manager picking someone else for the job and have to redo all the planning from scratch.

By the way while we discuss this vote in this committee of over paid elves from both sides of the great divide that do almost nothing all day/every day but argue against each other, we are actually wasting tax fund platinum pieces.

Let's slow down so that missions/tour to go around the moon is treated like it is so spectacular and a great achievement of elf kind even though it could have been done many decades ago if we didn't spend a lot of time arguing so much.

Phenyl
09-28-2018, 05:49 PM
pass. gfay was only fun in eq2 if you were fairy race; was never fun in eq1.

Bboboo
09-28-2018, 05:57 PM
Bazaar

Evia
09-28-2018, 06:17 PM
I voted gfay because seeing a change like this on p99 is one of the few things to look forward too.

That being said I agree with someone else here who said thurgadain would be a good trade hub city.

Nikkanu
09-28-2018, 07:16 PM
No, I'm not moving 30 mules.

Kittens
09-29-2018, 02:03 AM
Greater Faydark is a great auction zone and has great music.

You can't beat having 50+ people sitting on the bank platform and the platform beneath it. It's majestic.

If your not factored it's probably pretty easy to faction up and avoid any problems.

And the point of having tradeskills availability while auctioning is awesome.

GFAY 2018!

Canelek
09-29-2018, 04:27 AM
Quite a lot of forest trash(elf-folk) in that area. It is like downtown Seattle when it is warm enough to beg.

Baler
09-29-2018, 06:24 AM
No
EC Tunnel, love it out hate it. Is iconic on P99.

Zipity
09-29-2018, 07:30 AM
Some zone with a bank? Thurg / OT hammerhill(assholes would probably train cliff golem on purpose here so probably a bad idea)

Senescant
09-29-2018, 07:57 AM
Rivervale. The weak guards are easily overtaken and usually dead anyways. You can bank through the wall. Would be great.

Crede
09-29-2018, 11:42 AM
This is the best idea I've seen on p99 thus far. To the evil ones that don't want to come over, stay in EC and have your own market. The good races will enjoy a much more convenient location, and will give the evil races some challenge/reward in factioning if they wish to come.

Forget the votes, let's just form a group of druids/wizzies on 10/5 and start porting over. If Kyndal could singlehandedly triple the cost of a pre-nerf CoS, then I'm sure a small group of volunteers can change the EC hub over time.

Kittens
09-29-2018, 02:09 PM
I will just start auctioning my things in GFay now, even if I'm all alone. Everyone who believes in this idea should follow. We will start with a small group and it will get bigger when more people decide they want to join. It just needs to start snowballing.