PDA

View Full Version : VP Key quest?

Grimmskld
09-28-2018, 08:28 AM
So I am trying to figure out 1 simple thing when it comes to the VP key quest line.

Can the quest be finished if the person interested plans to MQ it with simply just the Trak tooth? So if the seller has all 3 medallions, and the person making the purchase comes to the turn-in with just the trak key, will it work without any problems?

Qtip
09-28-2018, 09:25 AM
Yes. Person A can hand everything in but 1 item. Person B hands the last item( any of 3 medallions/tooth) and person B recieves his key.

Phenyo
09-28-2018, 09:26 AM
yes, providing someone hasnt messed up the turn in npc

Tupakk
09-28-2018, 10:33 AM
Unless you plan to do VP regularly its not worth the 90k.

Solist
09-28-2018, 05:57 PM
Unless you plan to do VP regularly its not worth the 90k.

How do you come to this conclusion? That's extremely class dependent.

A wizard without a VP key does not have an elementalist staff, which doubles his DPS over 10mins. Or a rend robe, literally transforming the class in non high MR mobs.

A shaman with a VP key does not get a hammer. Without hammer, every person around him does not have 20 extra stamina. That's 120hp on warriors, huge. Or stuff like lava cudgel, amazing.

A cleric without hosh stick is not a cleric with a hosh stick, they're entirely different classes to play in most content.

War/Rog/Bard/sk with sow sword? Especially bard, that's primo.

Necro without tap stick is a flawed class. Entirely changes the capability.

The bard Lute is main hand usable....do the math.

Then some lesser options:
Nightfall for rogue pretty imba for push.
Monk haste boots $$
Feverblade arguably highest aggro mainhand for warrior in game.
Cleric sprinkler is literally manafree 20dps+30% slow in stuns.

Only class that gets pretty duped is druids with the terrible outdoor only 10 range click nuke, and the robe is tradable so w/e. Cudgel still nice for em.

So if you're one of the above, 90k is darn cheap if your guild kills in VP.

Nexii
09-28-2018, 06:20 PM
Key quest isn't anywhere near 90k these days. 50k more realistic

Daloon
09-28-2018, 06:43 PM
I've done about 12 of these, for myself or for profit.

Yes they can, BUT a seller should NEVER complete all 3 medallions, ever. Leave a groundspawn for the buyer. I'd explain why but I'll let yall figure that one out. (hint: the trak tooth isnt always looted by the character getting the MQ, disqualifying you from 95% of potential buyers).

Briscoe
09-28-2018, 07:42 PM
Only class that gets pretty duped is druids with the terrible outdoor only 10 range click nuke, and the robe is tradable so w/e. Cudgel still nice for em.

Having access to the BiS chest item for druids is also nice.

Solist
09-28-2018, 08:23 PM
You mean the readable one, that’s not no drop, that you never need a vp key to use.

Tupakk
09-28-2018, 08:27 PM
How do you come to this conclusion? That's extremely class dependent.

A wizard without a VP key does not have an elementalist staff, which doubles his DPS over 10mins. Or a rend robe, literally transforming the class in non high MR mobs.

A shaman with a VP key does not get a hammer. Without hammer, every person around him does not have 20 extra stamina. That's 120hp on warriors, huge. Or stuff like lava cudgel, amazing.

A cleric without hosh stick is not a cleric with a hosh stick, they're entirely different classes to play in most content.

War/Rog/Bard/sk with sow sword? Especially bard, that's primo.

Necro without tap stick is a flawed class. Entirely changes the capability.

The bard Lute is main hand usable....do the math.

Then some lesser options:
Nightfall for rogue pretty imba for push.
Monk haste boots $$
Cleric sprinkler is literally manafree 20dps+30% slow in stuns.

So if you're one of the above, 90k is darn cheap if your guild kills in VP.

Clearly you didn’t read what I wrote.

I very well know what drops in VP but thanks for the class specific rundown.

Grim is in BG never once saw BG ever attempt or show attempt to do VP. Just pointing out it might not be worth it for him to get it.

Briscoe
09-28-2018, 08:40 PM
You mean the readable one, that’s not no drop, that you never need a vp key to use.

I mean the no drop one.

Park_N_Play
09-29-2018, 11:17 AM
BIS and fashion win

Phenyo
09-29-2018, 11:40 AM
Clearly you didn’t read what I wrote.

I very well know what drops in VP but thanks for the class specific rundown.

Grim is in BG never once saw BG ever attempt or show attempt to do VP. Just pointing out it might not be worth it for him to get it.

They left a VP wurm on the pad, big things

trite
09-29-2018, 11:45 AM

Feverblade isn't even the best agroe weapon that drops off hoshkar, I'm pretty sure sword of the shissar has it beat

Human druids' BiS chest item is Robe of the Azure Sky off of PD...

Grimmskld
09-29-2018, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the info. We are in the process of putting together a team between a couple guilds to venture into VP soon, which is why I was wondering about the quest and how it worked for an MQ.

Tupakk
09-29-2018, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the info. We are in the process of putting together a team between a couple guilds to venture into VP soon, which is why I was wondering about the quest and how it worked for an MQ.

Wish you the best of luck. Talk to Remen he’s my goto for anything purchase related. Make sure you tip him for his speedyness. If you go with him.

Jomar
09-29-2018, 08:10 PM
We are in the process of putting together a team between a couple guilds to venture into VP soon

put me in, coach.