PDA

View Full Version : FD before mob dies

scifo76
10-08-2018, 04:03 AM
To avoid getting faction hits, I have sometimes used the trick of feigning death just before the mob dies to let my DoTs and/or pet do the last dmg. It has always worked. I get XP, eventual loot but no faction hits.

Yesterday, I started camping the geonids in WL, and when I did this, I did NOT get any XP and the geonid's corpse poofed. It was as if an NPC had killed it, but no one else was around. I only got the message that "You have slained a geonid", but nothing else.

Are the game mechanics different in WL or what?

commongood
10-08-2018, 05:35 AM
My experience is: if you have a pet up then you get exp, a lootable corpse and no faction hit. But if you have no pet up you will get nothing. No exp and the corpse will poof. Flopping to avoid faction hit is usually done with a pet as if not then the mob starts regenning 5% per tick. So could it be you just have been used to doing this with a pet and on this one occasion you didn't have a pet summoned?

Brut
10-08-2018, 05:37 AM
Methinks the mob has to be engaged with something as it dies. If you just flop and it resets then dies to a dot tick, then the corpse poofs. Having a pet on it makes it so this won't happen.

scifo76
10-08-2018, 06:16 AM
My experience is: if you have a pet up then you get exp, a lootable corpse and no faction hit. But if you have no pet up you will get nothing. No exp and the corpse will poof. Flopping to avoid faction hit is usually done with a pet as if not then the mob starts regenning 5% per tick. So could it be you just have been used to doing this with a pet and on this one occasion you didn't have a pet summoned?

You are absolutely correct, my friend. Thanks! Thanks Brut also.