PDA

View Full Version : Queynos on Blue Server empty? Need a Bind!

Thundaru
10-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Has anyone noticed how empty Queynos and the Karanas can be? At least compared to say, Crushbone or something. Ive been there for 3 days looking for a bind (Im bound in Freeport) and Ive had no luck lol. Not a rant or anything just noticed. Theres not alot ot do there granted and for non-porters its hard to travel to and from.:D

Legidias
10-12-2018, 11:26 AM
Cause its a terrible zone

Quizlop
10-12-2018, 12:11 PM
It's hard for everyone to get to since even porters either need to wait for a boat, or run through qey2hh1.

mumpz
10-12-2018, 12:17 PM
i love qeynos. too bad it sucks to get to. favorite place to start out.

ldgmo
10-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Dial will come out but I’d offer like 100p to convince them haha

Ghostly
10-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Sony EQ

Cen
10-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Qeynos isn't a terrible area at all its just EC tunnel isnt there so all the twinks and people who cant play without buffs 24/7 arent there

ScaringChildren
10-12-2018, 01:02 PM
If you call Dial a Port out there, don't pay them 7p.

Especially if you want them to then bind you in GFay.

Expediency
10-12-2018, 02:13 PM
P99 really needs surefall glade port. Would open up half that continent. Qeynos/blackburrow/karanas are classic as hell

Arakash
10-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Has anyone noticed how empty Queynos and the Karanas can be? At least compared to say, Crushbone or something. Ive been there for 3 days looking for a bind (Im bound in Freeport) and Ive had no luck lol. Not a rant or anything just noticed. Theres not alot ot do there granted and for non-porters its hard to travel to and from.:D

I've spent alot of time in the Western part of Antonica and, depending on your play time, the Qeynos newbie yard can have as many as 10 or more players, usually non-twinked and level appropriate, killing decaying skellies and such. Even West Karana has around 10 or 12 players on most evenings EST when I'm mucking about around there.

As someone mentioned in another post on this thread, one of the best things about these areas are folks are generally untwinked which makes for a nice leveling up atmosphere for those of us who find places like Blackburrow and the Warrens challenging for lower levels.

ineubis
10-12-2018, 03:40 PM
I typically play evil races so I can't really take advantage of them, but those bandit sashes in WK (turn-in in Qeynos) are no joke! Get to lvl 30 in no time with those. If no one is there, I say take advantage of it and kill all the bandits in West Karana (only humans drop the sashes, which aren't stackable so bring lots of bags.)

HaloChanter
10-14-2018, 03:48 AM
Bah, Qeynos might be quiet, but nothing invokes the classic nostalgia of 1999 better. Love the Qeynos zones. Did 1 - 18 there (incl. BB of course).

Canelek
10-14-2018, 08:10 AM
It is actually quite surprising that Qeynos isn't a more popular area due to the ease of leveling. Considering how crazy this server is for leveling quickly, one would think the trade hub would be around the NK gypsy area if not Qeynos proper.

mickmoranis
10-14-2018, 08:34 AM

Delete your account and get the hell out of here.

Telin
10-14-2018, 08:49 AM
P99 really needs surefall glade port. Would open up half that continent. Qeynos/blackburrow/karanas are classic as hell

It’ll be coming In the November 2001 patch. So in about two patches from now.

ScaringChildren
10-14-2018, 10:26 AM
It is actually quite surprising that Qeynos isn't a more popular area due to the ease of leveling. Considering how crazy this server is for leveling quickly, one would think the trade hub would be around the NK gypsy area if not Qeynos proper.

It's one of my favorites for sure.

You can easily go from 1 - 15 quickly with all the available quests there.

Asteria
01-10-2019, 09:47 PM
I typically play evil races so I can't really take advantage of them, but those bandit sashes in WK (turn-in in Qeynos) are no joke! Get to lvl 30 in no time with those. If no one is there, I say take advantage of it and kill all the bandits in West Karana (only humans drop the sashes, which aren't stackable so bring lots of bags.)

Besides the experience, the platinum rewards are AWESOME if you are new to the server or playing untwinked. The rabid grizzly quest in Qhills is also superb exp and money. There is a priestess in leather in the SQeynos UFO Temple of life who handles the diseased/rabid pelts. Another cash camp nearby are the will 'o wisps in Erud's Crossing.

Bah, Qeynos might be quiet, but nothing invokes the classic nostalgia of 1999 better. Love the Qeynos zones. Did 1 - 18 there (incl. BB of course).

BB is a great group zone for sure! 😄 Solo if twinked, good and/or careful.

It's one of my favorites for sure.

You can easily go from 1 - 15 quickly with all the available quests there.

Yep! :)

Ivory
01-11-2019, 10:02 PM
I like how Qeynos / Karanas has a completely different "small town" feel compared to the larger Freeport with all the people coming and going.

Starting a ranger or something in Qeynos where no one is around....sleepily doing the wolf armor quests, or getting gator earrings...or all the other sleepy Qeynos stuff...it is nice.

I've gone to Qeynos to live in the sewers a few times at low level. The entire area is just so refreshing away from the orc camp buffed assembly line of leveling that the freeportians go through.

mickmoranis
01-11-2019, 10:08 PM

https://i.imgur.com/4o7EcAk.png

Ravager
01-11-2019, 10:08 PM
Every one of my alts passes through Qeynos/Erud's for the loot and exp for at least a couple of levels. Running there is a classic treat too.

clacbec
01-11-2019, 10:16 PM
I like how Qeynos / Karanas has a completely different "small town" feel compared to the larger Freeport with all the people coming and going.

Starting a ranger or something in Qeynos where no one is around....sleepily doing the wolf armor quests, or getting gator earrings...or all the other sleepy Qeynos stuff...it is nice.

I've gone to Qeynos to live in the sewers a few times at low level. The entire area is just so refreshing away from the orc camp buffed assembly line of leveling that the freeportians go through.

this, and the racial javelins

Jauna
01-12-2019, 01:09 AM
I only go to the qeynos area to wipe out blackburrow on one character and log to another to loot all the fangs to turn them in to skip the level 1-12 crap.
Between the wildlife that attacks you and the high level NPCs that assist them
the undead bards
getting lost in a gigantic zone
or no where to run while having a literal infinite directions to run to

The Qeynos side of antonica is the ass end of the world so much so we cant even get rid of Bertox from invading it regularly. Why? Because so few people go over there.

Zekayy
01-12-2019, 02:49 AM

but the surefall glade port is luclin

Swish2
01-12-2019, 04:33 AM
"Kaerbyad" doesn't have the same name to it for a city does it? :/