PDA

View Full Version : Your Green Server Main Character

Evia
10-12-2018, 08:46 PM
The new "when is green coming?!" Thread had me thinking about what class/race/diety id make for the new server? Keep in mind...

A) its gonna be a cluster fuxk madhouse
B) guise and manastone are going to be in temporarily
C) classic content and races only

I think I will go with Gnome Bertox Necro and try and compete with the other thousand players in farming a manastone or two. Also try and get a guise for a ranger or paladin alt.

How about you?

Fifield
10-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Gnome necro

Pringles
10-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Don't know really. Never done a warrior or bard. Most likely will roll with human monk till kunark then reroll iksar and leave human as a naggy/vox toon.

fan D
10-12-2018, 09:09 PM
wood elf rogue

Tethler
10-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Not starting again. When I'm done with blue, I'm done.

Bboboo
10-12-2018, 09:56 PM
iksar monk

kapp

Swish2
10-12-2018, 10:05 PM
It should never launch on the basis that people will quit their jobs to try and farm/corpse manastones.

I'd probably make another rogue.

Tethler
10-12-2018, 10:06 PM
It should never launch on the basis that people will quit their jobs to try and farm/corpse manastones.

I'd probably make another rogue.

I don't think green will ever really happen, just like custom blue content.

Trelaboon
10-12-2018, 11:01 PM
I’d probably do Paladin, possibly Ranger. Or Warrior lol. I think it would be cool to get a guise on a Paladin

Wonkie
10-12-2018, 11:26 PM
knight. i need a cool name though, perhaps deathman. yeah that's good!

dcrag
10-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Ogre war with a focus on dark elf mask (dark elf is the best looking plate etc) - and sticking around from the start till the end.

GinnasP99
10-13-2018, 12:05 AM
Guise on a ranger is pretty tempting

d3r14k
10-13-2018, 12:20 AM
Druid. Someone is still gonna have to fly your asses around.

I would have to agree with Ogre Warrior with guise being pretty sweet. I honestly have no idea what I would play until I got to the character select screen.

ScottBerta
10-13-2018, 12:48 AM
Ogre Shaman, Troll SK, or Wood Elf Druid

Canelek
10-13-2018, 12:59 AM
"Deathman"!

Love it!

For me, I'd go shaman and try for a guise.

But, likely enchanter or druid in order to actually progress far enough before nerfbats.

Canelek
10-13-2018, 01:07 AM
But let's face it; all those things (manastone, guise, etc.) will be hoarded by our more "challenged" population, and their pals. It will not be easier, more accessible or fun.

But, such is EQ, and I do indeed welcome a fresh start; even though I will not likely increase my play time.

Swish2
10-13-2018, 01:15 AM
Troll SK

The hybrid+racial penalty will kill your desire to get to 50, its so damn slow :(

dcrag
10-13-2018, 01:16 AM
But let's face it; all those things (manastone, guise, etc.) will be hoarded by our more "challenged" population, and their pals. It will not be easier, more accessible or fun.

But, such is EQ, and I do indeed welcome a fresh start; even though I will not likely increase my play time.

Probably true, but. There are a lot of nice people, simply getting into a regular group at these camps trumps a max level corpseing 50 of them (I'd assume there would be a rule like this)

I am lucky and play weird hours, so I often find many highly contested camps (even on blue right now) open quite a lot.

Jimjam
10-13-2018, 03:28 AM
I'd probably just click create new character and play whatever that button threw at me.

Talisman
10-13-2018, 03:59 AM
Ogre warrior and/or Troll Shaman

dcrag
10-13-2018, 04:48 AM
Innoruuk troll shaman + dark elf guise is pretty great as well. You get to use all the armor, JBB + you get the symbol for shaman snare. It's great.

paulgiamatti
10-13-2018, 04:51 AM
Wood elf bard or dark elf warrior because fuck guise and manastone.

Quizlop
10-13-2018, 05:05 AM
I wonder how many guises are going to be deleted when people don't want to pay the poopsock crew for loot rights.

ScaringChildren
10-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Cleric with manastone.

Farm the shit out of undeads nonstop.

Mead
10-13-2018, 08:20 AM
some sort of dps and box a cleric for rotation on the 4 warders

Phenyo
10-13-2018, 09:12 AM
enchanter and hold lguk hostage

Nexii
10-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Dunno if I would. But if so, Dark Elf Cleric again or possibly Dark Elf Warrior

Maliant
10-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Will green allowing boxing you think? Would be more truly classic.

Champion_Standing
10-13-2018, 10:15 AM
I wonder how many guises are going to be deleted when people don't want to pay the poopsock crew for loot rights.

When P99 first opened and there were a few hundred regular players you could just hang out there and get em for free, people would even announce it for the whole server if one was rotting. That's the P99 we'll never see again, no matter what they do with the servers.

loramin
10-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Will green allowing boxing you think? Would be more truly classic.

Only possible if Daybreak let's them charge money. Limitless free boxed accounts is most definitely not classic.

I don't think green will ever really happen, just like custom blue content.

Well by definition if either of them happen it will be Green first, because Blue won't get custom content until Green exists.

A) its gonna be a cluster fuxk madhouse

I think I will go with Gnome Bertox Necro and try and compete with the other thousand players in farming a manastone or two. Also try and get a guise for a ranger or paladin alt.

The one thing to consider is that guises and mana stones on Green won't be the same as they are on Blue. On Blue when you pay however many million plat for an item like that, you have it forever (or at least as long as P99 lasts).

On Green you get your Guise for two to three years max. Less if you don't level up ASAP and get one right when the server starts. So all those poop sockers and and life-less losers will be putting in all that effort for an item that will last, at most, between one half to one third as long as Kunark lasted here on Blue.

I'm not saying this will discourage farming these items, at least not initially, but when Green recycles I'd expect a lot of people to learn their lesson, and these items will be more attainable in Green v2.

As for a class, probably Shaman again, but not Barbarian (I've already made Loramin twice now, once on live and once here).

d3r14k
10-13-2018, 11:54 AM
On Green you get your Guise for two to three years max. Less if you don't level up ASAP and get one right when the server starts. So all those poop sockers and and life-less losers will be putting in all that effort for an item that will last, at most, between one half to one third as long as Kunark lasted here on Blue.

This is assuming there isn't some kind of roll over to blue, right? That'd be ideal state for me. I would be pretty sad to get attached to a character for 2 1/2 years for him to just poof when the cycle restarts.

Foxplay
10-13-2018, 12:19 PM
A rollover would be best for green. Perhaps make it when the sleeper is awoken...

loramin
10-13-2018, 12:23 PM
This is assuming there isn't some kind of roll over to blue, right? That'd be ideal state for me. I would be pretty sad to get attached to a character for 2 1/2 years for him to just poof when the cycle restarts.

Good point. We still don't if there will even be a roll-over, and if they do have one what the details will be. For instance, will they transfer guises? How willl they handle names that are duplicated on both servers? etc.

But if they do have a roll-over and they do transfer guises and mana orbs and such, I suppose that will only encourage the farmers.

A rollover would be best for green. Perhaps make it when the sleeper is awoken...

I like the idea, but that wouldn't be classic, and would put the server at the mercy of some of the least empathic people on the server. As I understand it Green will run literally as long as the live servers did before Luclin came out (though of course everything Green-related is unknown and I could be wrong about that).

d3r14k
10-13-2018, 12:26 PM
Name duplication will be handled as follows:

If your name already exists on blue when green recycle starts, you are automatically named as a random Pokemon. But not one of the cool ones. You get something like Trubbish: the trash bag Pokemon. Yes...that is a thing.

https://i.imgur.com/FSFgHQL.png

loramin
10-13-2018, 12:28 PM
You get something like Trubbish: the trash bag Pokemon. Yes...that is a thing.

https://i.imgur.com/FSFgHQL.png

:D Man, when I first saw Poketo Monsuta cards in Japan in '98 (my host nephews were in love with them so I'd pick up random packs for them whenever I went out) I had absolutely no idea what they would become (especially here in America).

Muggens
10-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Not starting again. When I'm done with blue, I'm done.

yeah same here. couldnt give a flying burritto about green99

Doil_Boil
10-13-2018, 02:04 PM
If you want a chance on farming those guises and manastones you'll want something that levels fast and can handle the camps.

Probably necro or enchanter.

Kluwen2
10-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Gnome warrior!

Foxplay
10-13-2018, 02:31 PM
I like the idea, but that wouldn't be classic, and would put the server at the mercy of some of the least empathic people on the server. As I understand it Green will run literally as long as the live servers did before Luclin came out (though of course everything Green-related is unknown and I could be wrong about that).

Ending at luclin isn't classic either. So if going to have a roll over the idea is for players to progress a toon on a classic timeline and get items they can't get on blue along the way while enjoying the progression.

At the end of each cycle you could do it very simply and say "luclin released X days after classic so on this day server is reset and everyone gets 1 character roll over to blue

Or since Kerafrym is canon (look at EQ2 lore) for being the "apocalypse" you could have a conditional reset. Perhaps a few days after his release

I feel while "classic" the flat so many days period is kinda boring and unchanging and doesn't involve the players and cooperation at all.

Kerafrym release means it could go past the hard set X days time period if players cooperate. But once you get to a point of multiple keyed guilds and every one has the nuclear option or guilds get bored... You are on a server on the edge of apocalypse all the time... Makes it interesting

As for the question I would roll a ogre shaman and priotize getting a mask

dcrag
10-13-2018, 03:09 PM
Honestly in what scenario would it ever be ok to roll a server that will (probably) be highly focused on around farming rare items into a server that's 10 years old with a stable economy?

Quizlop
10-13-2018, 03:22 PM
Honestly in what scenario would it ever be ok to roll a server that will (probably) be highly focused on around farming rare items into a server that's 10 years old with a stable economy?

I honestly don't see why anyone would want to continue playing blue when green drops, unless they add some sort of custom content. The economy on blue will be moot at that point.

dcrag
10-13-2018, 03:47 PM
I honestly don't see why anyone would want to continue playing blue when green drops, unless they add some sort of custom content. The economy on blue will be moot at that point.

I don't think so. Even if everyone plays green they have friends/family/guild/countless hours of work into chars.

Yasi
10-15-2018, 06:01 AM
I'm currently enjoying a competing server trying to rebirth the EQ classic experience. Let me tell you that the guise and manastone party is exactly what you would imagine it is.

If you lack imagination, let me guide you by drawing parallels between entering Lower Guk and entering an abused mobile toilet during a 70,000 people metal festival at 4am in the morning. Yes, there will be something representing a toilet. Yes, people emptied their human body through all possible orifices over that toilet during the last five hours. Yes, their masterwork also includes the walls of the cabin up to an eye-level height.

I have weird working times, which allows me to occasionally login across a wide range of daytimes, pretty much covering 24h. For the last four weeks, I have not seen Lguk's attractive camps not being shut down by the same party of intense individuals. I must assume that these individuals now possess approximately six full bags of guises on each of their characters on each of their nine accounts as well as enough manastones to crash the server if used simultaneously.

The insatiable hunger for these two items has overwhelmed them like a heroin addiction, every additional drop leading to another nerd boner increasing their lust for the shiniest of the pixels.

jolanar
10-15-2018, 09:25 AM
I would probably make an ogre shaman, warrior and shadowknight and try to get guises on all of them.

Octopath
10-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Ranger or anything ogre (guise)

Hibbs
10-15-2018, 11:09 PM
Ogre war with a focus on dark elf mask (dark elf is the best looking plate etc) - and sticking around from the start till the end.

Yikes

mickmoranis
10-15-2018, 11:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZNHUzPzGMY&feature=youtu.be&t=29

Diogene
10-16-2018, 06:12 AM
Wood elf bard or dark elf warrior because fuck guise and manastone.

Psyqo
10-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Is the desire for Guise on a Troll/Ogre just a cool factor, or are you folks in it to be smaller and fit in tight spaces better?

Fryhole
10-16-2018, 05:46 PM
I'm currently enjoying a competing server trying to recruit the EQ classic experience. Let me tell you...

Was there a recent change, as several past forum posts from that server’s site indicated the guise & manastone have ridiculous, intentionally low drop rates. Given their ETA for planes and all future content I don’t see how playing there is much different from most of the low pop EZ servers out there.

Yasi
10-17-2018, 04:25 AM
Was there a recent change, as several past forum posts from that server’s site indicated the guise & manastone have ridiculous, intentionally low drop rates. Given their ETA for planes and all future content I don’t see how playing there is much different from most of the low pop EZ servers out there.

I don't know much about other low Pop EZ servers, so I can't rly make a comparison. Some planes have just been launched a few days ago. No idea about timeline for other content.

Mattius
10-20-2018, 02:33 AM
dwarf pally, human wiz, gnome rogue.

Zabbix
10-20-2018, 03:21 AM
Gnome Warrior