PDA

View Full Version : Target colour

GlassDeviant
10-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I it's been bothering me that with a default PEQ server and RoF2 client the target colours are dissimilar to the live EQ I remember. My targets appear in red, yellow, white, dark blue and grey instead of what I remember: red, yellow, white, blue, light blue and green.

Is there something I need to do to get change this, or can it even be changed at all?

Cen
10-13-2018, 05:56 PM
Light blue cons are Luclin. This is up to velious.

Swish2
10-13-2018, 11:49 PM
"Light blue" definitely still exists. If you get anything more than "Soandso looks like a reasonably safe opponent" in green then they'll be green but will give a little XP.

GlassDeviant
10-14-2018, 12:15 AM
I haven't had a single mob be light blue OR green since I installed this several days ago. As I level they go from red to yellow to white to blue to grey.

GlassDeviant
10-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Finally found some green mobs, after messing around with 9 characters to between levels 10 and 15, on a 16 enchanter. Now I can't stop thinking of what needs to be tweaked in the game to tighten up the boundaries between what gets shown as a green and what gets shown as a grey.

Muggens
10-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Drugs

loramin
10-14-2018, 12:22 PM
I haven't had a single mob be light blue OR green since I installed this several days ago. As I level they go from red to yellow to white to blue to grey.

You have to understand, Project 1999 used to have light blue cons. That color was specifically removed, because it was a bug: during the classic/kunark/velious era there was no light blue con, only (as Swish pointed out) two levels of green con, where you had to look at the /con message to see whether the green mob gives experience.

So unless light blue cons get added in one of the three(?) remaining patches, Project 1999 will never have them, because the project's goal is to re-create classic EQ faithfully.

Finally found some green mobs, after messing around with 9 characters to between levels 10 and 15, on a 16 enchanter. Now I can't stop thinking of what needs to be tweaked in the game to tighten up the boundaries between what gets shown as a green and what gets shown as a grey.

Gray?

Issar
10-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Gray doesn’t exist Project 1999. With what the OP is describing, I’m not sure if he has the right server.

loramin
10-14-2018, 01:05 PM
Gray doesn’t exist Project 1999. With what the OP is describing, I’m not sure if he has the right server.

Eh, I remember when they removed light blue. A lot of people (myself included) had completely forgotten that light blue was never originally in the game ... even though we played during that time.

This very much might be the right server for OP, it's just that for people who played for years in expansions after P99, like Luclin, PoP, etc., certain aspects of this server can take a little getting used to.

Issar
10-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Totally, I remember when the change was made here. I should clarify; I was trying to express that he may have been confused on the cons for P99 with one of the other servers that he plays on, being that he seeing gray instead of green, and that he had to gain a wide level gap to start seeing green. Decaying skeletons green out at level 5 here.

Bboboo
10-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Color*

Cen
10-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Color*

Colour is correct man. This is the internet. Not Alabama.

GlassDeviant
10-15-2018, 04:36 AM
Yes, colour is the correct spelling in the English language. Some variants of "American English" like to shorten it (among other words) for no rational reason that I've ever heard, largely due to the influence of Noah Webster (of the Merriam-Webster dictionary) who wanted to "simplify the language", which says a lot. Since the English language is the language of England, I tend to go with the Oxford spelling.

For reference, I played EQ from beta through VoA, with the occasional break when I got fed up with SoE/Verant or just didn't have time. This is the first time I've used any emulator, and I'm just running it on my local machine for purely solo play for the time being.

Also, light blue finally showed up. I played around with several classes and races and got a few to 10-12, then stuck with the Drakkin Enchanter for a while. Green target colours and target rings started showing up when she got to the mid teens and light blue in the early 20s, so I am guessing the algorithm that determines the colour is off by just a smidgen. I don't know enough about what determines the colour displayed to know if it's to do with the server or the client and I don't play on the Daybreak servers to be able to compare.

Swish2
10-15-2018, 04:53 AM
Yes, colour is the correct spelling in the English language. Some variants of "American English" like to shorten it (among other words) for no rational reason that I've ever heard, largely due to the influence of Noah Webster (of the Merriam-Webster dictionary) who wanted to "simplify the language", which says a lot. Since the English language is the language of England, I tend to go with the Oxford spelling.

For reference, I played EQ from beta through VoA, with the occasional break when I got fed up with SoE/Verant or just didn't have time. This is the first time I've used any emulator, and I'm just running it on my local machine for purely solo play for the time being.

Also, light blue finally showed up. I played around with several classes and races and got a few to 10-12, then stuck with the Drakkin Enchanter for a while. Green target colours and target rings started showing up when she got to the mid teens and light blue in the early 20s, so I am guessing the algorithm that determines the colour is off by just a smidgen. I don't know enough about what determines the colour displayed to know if it's to do with the server or the client and I don't play on the Daybreak servers to be able to compare.

I like this guy. Typing this while my ogre wizard is medding in the bazaar.

Issar
10-15-2018, 09:25 AM
I played around with several classes and races and got a few to 10-12, then stuck with the Drakkin Enchanter for a while.

?

Danth
10-15-2018, 09:38 AM
?

He's not playing P1999; he's running his own stock EQ-EMU private server but posting on this forum for some unknown reason.

Danth

Sadiki
10-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Regarding mobs conning green, if you are a tracking class the mobs will actually show up as dark and light green in the tracking window. Other than that, they just con green and have different con messages.