PDA

View Full Version : What class is actually fun at 60?

Crede
10-19-2018, 03:51 PM
What's the one class that's actually fun to play at 60 in all elements of the game?Grouping, Raiding, just chillin & look cool in EC, able to be somewhat self-sufficient, etc.

Also, please don't say enchanter. Anybody who truly loves raiding on them is in the extreme minority. I want to take another class to 60 and actually enjoy it when I get there.

Could bard be the best overall end game class?

Evia
10-19-2018, 04:01 PM
What's the one class that's actually fun to play at 60 in all elements of the game?Grouping, Raiding, just chillin & look cool in EC, able to be somewhat self-sufficient, etc.

Also, please don't say enchanter. Anybody who truly loves raiding on them is in the extreme minority. I want to take another class to 60 and actually enjoy it when I get there.

If you're good at barding id say that would be tough to argue. What is fun is obviously debatable...
I personally really enjoy Rogues, Rangers, Magician and Shaman at 60. Of course this is if you include epics and all spells. Obviously some ppl may disagree because we all have our own ideas on what activites are fun.

mattydef
10-19-2018, 04:03 PM
Not sure if bard is overall the best but i have a 59 epic bard that is pretty damn fun to play, even if I'm just running around Norrath.

Xaeophi
10-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Ranger

Lowako
10-19-2018, 04:04 PM
bard is quite possibly one of the least enjoyable classes to raid on in a lot of situations so I'd probably rule them out. Monk, Shaman, Ranger, Cleric, Rogue are all classes that are pretty enjoyable in most parts of the game. Each class has potential to do some really impressive stuff depending on the context.

Jimjam
10-19-2018, 04:11 PM
Ranger!

ScaringChildren
10-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Necro is pretty solid imo

loramin
10-19-2018, 04:18 PM

Shaman is certainly one of the top contenders for this. We can solo and be totally self-sufficient, we can group (everyone wants a slower), or we can raid (again, everyone wants slow, plus focus/stamina).

And as for looking cool, who looks cooler than a polar bear?

ScaringChildren
10-19-2018, 04:21 PM
cooler than a polar bear?

toenails. "Oh hell, there he go again talking that shit"
Bend, corners like I was a curve, I struck a nerve
And now you 'bout to see this Southern playa serve
I heard it's not where you're from but where you pay rent
Then I heard it's not what you make but how much you spent

Gozuk
10-19-2018, 04:22 PM
Ranger

Jauna
10-19-2018, 04:26 PM
at 60 ON RAIDS? none of them are fun
at 60 for camps, 5 man stuff and general farming? necro, chanter, bard, mage, druid

zanderklocke
10-19-2018, 04:34 PM
toenails. "Oh hell, there he go again talking that shit"
Bend, corners like I was a curve, I struck a nerve
And now you 'bout to see this Southern playa serve
I heard it's not where you're from but where you pay rent
Then I heard it's not what you make but how much you spent

Now throw your hands in the air
And wave 'em like you just don't care
And if you like fish and grits and all that pimp shit
Everybody let me hear you say, "O-Yea-yer"

zodium
10-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Druid.

zodium
10-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Except vp

I prefer to think of it as VP being an unfun zone.

Twochain
10-19-2018, 05:05 PM
I can't believe it hasn't been said yet... but to me, Enchanters are by far and away the most fun toon at level 60, And in my opinion, are the most powerful class in Velious. They are the best pullers outside of a few camps with calms + gnome form, they pretty much do the most DPS in any group setting, have the best hastes, and probably the best CC abilities in probably any MMO ever. Plus second the best slow.

The Exception is raids, they pretty much to suck to play on raids. Monks are the most fun raid toon to play at raids IMO.

my 2c =)

Cen
10-19-2018, 05:13 PM
I can't believe it hasn't been said yet... but to me, Enchanters are by far and away the most fun toon at level 60, And in my opinion, are the most powerful class in Velious. They are the best pullers outside of a few camps with calms + gnome form, they pretty much do the most DPS in any group setting, have the best hastes, and probably the best CC abilities in probably any MMO ever. Plus second the best slow.

The Exception is raids, they pretty much to suck to play on raids. Monks are the most fun raid toon to play at raids IMO.

my 2c =)

Enchanter might be a fun class for you but I bet your most hated class was reading, and you probably hate LeVar Burton as well

branamil
10-19-2018, 05:25 PM

my 2c =)

VoG plz

zodium
10-19-2018, 05:26 PM
VP best zone

Then why's it not fun for the best class? Checkmate, Riptard.

Crede
10-19-2018, 05:49 PM

my 2c =)

OP here... read my post. My only 60 is an enchanter and already excluded them from this thread because they do suck on raids

Metham
10-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Im gonna say warrior, not cuz its my only 60 (it is), but for real take a raid geared warrior out into the world, its tons of fun.

Check12345
10-19-2018, 08:41 PM
Then why's it not fun for the best class? Checkmate, Riptard.

vp train ups can be fun :)

Tethler
10-19-2018, 09:12 PM
I dont have warrior, paladin, wizard, or enchanter on p99 so I cant comment on those. All other classes I have at 30+ with a handful in the 50s. So far, I have the most fun with necro and rogue. Personally, I think plate classes and maybe rangers have the best fashion options.

I have minimal experience in the p99 raid scene. Mostly on druid which I didn't find super enjoyable. My rogue is getting there and I've done a few minor things like Hate, WW dragons, easy stuff like that. Enjoy the rogue raiding more than druid so far.

Fifield
10-19-2018, 10:38 PM
bard all day

Jan Jensen
10-19-2018, 11:10 PM
Nothing beats losing agro and watching people you dislike die instead of you. So monk or rogue.

deezy
10-19-2018, 11:37 PM
rangers are very fun at 60

Kindadar
10-19-2018, 11:48 PM
Druid.

Only the best! Now, this takes into account you have clickies like puppet strings. At that point you have SoW, ports, charm with crazy pet haste, heals, nukes, and even strength of earth.

Mattius
10-20-2018, 02:13 AM
If you're a high focus person with a passion in holding multiple lines of responsibility- Ench was not a bad class to run group/raid. If not the MVP for such a player.

I love wizards, shamans, rogues/ranger, and pally/sk's.. At any and all points of the game (maybe except first 8 lvls on pal/sk/sham kinda meh). All about progress with most classes.

Swish2
10-20-2018, 02:27 AM
Rogue. Gets the raid finished quicker. You're welcome.

aaezil
10-20-2018, 02:54 AM
Non enchanter? Warrior / shaman then. Too many monks dont make one. Lets build a wall around Kunark already

Toomuch
10-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Bard is a very involved class at 60, if you want it to be, either in groups or raids.

Even if you're the 1 bard in a group with 5 other clerics, if you're mana-pumping right, you're constantly pushing buttons, trying to keep the timing up to get the max amount of extra mana pumped. In the DPS group, you boost the hell out of their DPS if you have epic and are using the right songs, and in the tank group, if you're doing it right you help the tank get up to/over 100 damage shield. And all that is raiding, which might be considered the less active version of barding.

In a group, sometimes I wish I could twist 8 songs, such is the possibility for things you can do to help the group. It's all about figuring out what helps your specific group accomplish what specific task against the specific mob(s) and zone(s) you're in.

I'm a fan.

I also think warrior is fun though, you're always in the thick of it, whether you're tanking or DPSing. More fun with more clickies.

7thGate
10-20-2018, 01:32 PM
... and probably the best CC abilities in probably any MMO ever. Plus second the best slow.

Controllers in City of Heroes had EQ enchanters beat. They were what an EQ enchanter would be if it had unlimited mana, unlimited spell gems, 1 second cast times on all their spells and the ability to self heal.

Everything in City of Heroes was massively overpowered though. Tanks with 90% damage resistance to everything. Defenders that could give the entire team a 90% dodge rate vs. most attacks. But since there were difficulty sliders to crank up the difficulty, and NPCs also got access to a lot of broken stuff, it ended up actually balancing out pretty well.

God I miss that game so much sometimes.

Check12345
10-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Controllers in City of Heroes had EQ enchanters beat. They were what an EQ enchanter would be if it had unlimited mana, unlimited spell gems, 1 second cast times on all their spells and the ability to self heal.

Everything in City of Heroes was massively overpowered though. Tanks with 90% damage resistance to everything. Defenders that could give the entire team a 90% dodge rate vs. most attacks. But since there were difficulty sliders to crank up the difficulty, and NPCs also got access to a lot of broken stuff, it ended up actually balancing out pretty well.

CoH was fun for awhile no doubt.

Bureaucrats in Anarchy Online deserve a special mention as well.

A short duration charm, a long duration charm, and a summoned pet.

Gonna send my people in on that mob!

Twochain
10-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Enchanter might be a fun class for you but I bet your most hated class was reading, and you probably hate LeVar Burton as well

Lmfao I just saw this. I apologize if my poorly written response offended you. I wrote it while doing 15 different things at work, and forgot to have my editor proofread before I hit submit.

BUTTERFLYYYYYYYY IN THE SKYYYYYYYYYYYY

Cen
10-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Lmfao I just saw this. I apologize if my poorly written response offended you. I wrote it while doing 15 different things at work, and forgot to have my editor proofread before I hit submit.

BUTTERFLYYYYYYYY IN THE SKYYYYYYYYYYYY

No No, I wasn't offended, I was joking because you suggested enchanter, wondering why nobody suggested enchanter, when the TC asked for answers besides enchanter. Lol

Twochain
10-24-2018, 12:13 PM
No No, I wasn't offended, I was joking because you suggested enchanter, wondering why nobody suggested enchanter, when the TC asked for answers besides enchanter. Lol

ADHD is a hell of a drug =P

Moerne
10-24-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm probably gonna be in the minority here and say cleric. We always have a role in groups and raids. Maybe it takes the right personality because I know most people find the rotation healing dull, but it does require you to be paying attention and ready to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.

And if standing around in EC tunnel looking cool is your bag, no one does it better than a DE cleric.

Servant
10-24-2018, 01:43 PM
I guess we can conclusively say that it's not Paladin or Wizard?

Pringles
10-24-2018, 02:20 PM
Any class you get to 60 is more than likely "fun" in the sense that you took the time to max their level. Most people do not put that much time into something they find unappealing.

ScaringChildren
10-24-2018, 02:23 PM
Any class you get to 60 is more than likely "fun" in the sense that you took the time to max their level. Most people do not put that much time into something they find unappealing.

Not entirely.

My 60 Rogue is technically my main but I've shelved him because my other characters are just way more fun to play.

Pringles
10-24-2018, 02:27 PM

Gotta love them qualifiers!

ScaringChildren
10-24-2018, 02:35 PM
Gotta love them qualifiers!

ACKSHULLY

Xaeophi
10-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Enchanter or Ranger

Champion_Standing
10-24-2018, 04:11 PM
Any class as long as you're on the loot council

Smurflogik
10-24-2018, 04:52 PM
Bard

Venjenz
10-24-2018, 04:59 PM
Bureaucrats in Anarchy Online deserve a special mention as well.

A short duration charm, a long duration charm, and a summoned pet.
AO bureaucrats are the perfect crowd control/charm/utility class in any MMO ever. Nothing close, hands down.

For fun at 60 in p99...bard or enchanter. IMHO.

Nixtar
10-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Not 60yo yet. sry.

Pringles
10-24-2018, 06:09 PM
AO bureaucrats are the perfect crowd control/charm/utility class in any MMO ever. Nothing close, hands down.

For fun at 60 in p99...bard or enchanter. IMHO.

City of Heroes - Mastermind

ScaringChildren
10-24-2018, 06:12 PM
There's a City of Heroes private server, right?

Atmas
10-24-2018, 07:27 PM
I guess we can conclusively say that it's not Paladin or Wizard?

You're crazy.

Paladin is a blast. A ton of utility and potential for improvement with gear. Honestly a lot of the other classes feel boring or tedious in comparison.

Zura has been a wizard hater since day 1. I enjoy playing my wizard but once again it's one of those things were it gets more interesting if you are really utilizing the class. If all you are going to do is nuke then just expect to be happy when you are not doing really extended fighting. However, if you are in roles where you are using bind sight, tagging mobs, burning with big nukes, banes, stunning, rooting, mobilizing, there is variety.

indiscriminate_hater
10-24-2018, 08:46 PM
ITT: “no MY class is the best”

Phenyo
10-24-2018, 08:51 PM
All classes are fun at 60 depending on the person playing it

kuuky
10-24-2018, 09:45 PM
There's a City of Heroes private server, right?

I wish but if anyone knows one pls share. I really miss that game. Played from beta to close with breaks in between.

ScaringChildren
10-24-2018, 09:54 PM
I wish but if anyone knows one pls share. I really miss that game. Played from beta to close with breaks in between.

From what I've heard, there is a server up, but there are no enemy mobs so it's a glorified chat room.

Muggens
10-24-2018, 11:09 PM
All classes are fun at 60 depending on the person playing it

Servant
10-24-2018, 11:17 PM
You're crazy.

Paladin is a blast. A ton of utility and potential for improvement with gear. Honestly a lot of the other classes feel boring or tedious in comparison.

Zura has been a wizard hater since day 1. I enjoy playing my wizard but once again it's one of those things were it gets more interesting if you are really utilizing the class. If all you are going to do is nuke then just expect to be happy when you are not doing really extended fighting. However, if you are in roles where you are using bind sight, tagging mobs, burning with big nukes, banes, stunning, rooting, mobilizing, there is variety.

I was just noting that nobody had picked either of them out as the most fun to play up to that point. I had a 60 gnome paladin with a bunch of clickies on live back in the day and it was fun for sure, though I never raided on him.

Newt
10-25-2018, 12:51 AM
Id genuinely like to know why Rangers are getting so many mentions. This is not a bash on Rangers. Its an honest inquiry.

branamil
10-25-2018, 01:25 AM
Prob bard because it's always fun to be the fastest thing in the game, and probably the most or second most variety of abilities.

Pyrion
10-25-2018, 03:46 AM

If you miss CoH as much as i do, check out ship of heroes. Out of the 3 games trying to be the successor, that's easily the best and most professional. It will go life in 2019 (probably).

Tricket
10-25-2018, 02:11 PM
59 bard here - can't speak to 60 just yet but I can say with 100% certainty that Bard is the most fun class in this entire game.
It is constant, never-ending fun. Grouping, raiding, soloing. . . you can do EVERYTHING.
in groups, I act as CC, buffer, puller, kiter, and of course murderer. 4-song weaves means your fingers are active, and the high-risk-reward scenarios you can get into make it exhilarating.
Trying to level alts is impossible because they run so damn slow, they level SO DAMN SLOW. In raids, the casters stand up, cast spell, sit down. the melee turn on auto attack and wait... but bards? Weave resistance songs, ATK buffs, slows and debuffs on enemies. need I say more?
If you'd like more proof check out my stream ( www.twitch.tv/gnomezilla ) for Dawn Believer raids and high-level bard mechanics. I'll help you fall in love

Achromatic
10-25-2018, 10:04 PM
erudite paladin.

pros:

-show up to raids and collect loot by default!

-everybody loves you cause you're an erudite paladin.
(except extreme no-lifers who hate themselves and everyone because they spend 16 hours a week staring at pixelated walls)

-warriors love you even more cause you give them more hp.

-you can be useful at raids because you have an array of crowd control spells that complement enchanter mechanics.
(and you can save their asses when their pets break)

-shield of the stalwart seas.

-best fashion quest in the game.

-Xtreem Prex0rz RP.

-veritable unicorn.

-you'll be massively overpowered in regular group situations with all that free raid gear.

-paladins only die at raids.

cons:
-you'll be a paladin, one of the most understood creatures in Norrath.

-your DPS will always suck in comparison.

-can't tank raid mobs.

deezy
10-25-2018, 11:07 PM
Id genuinely like to know why Rangers are getting so many mentions. This is not a bash on Rangers. Its an honest inquiry.

can serve as a tank or dps within an group and capable of off tanking mobs in a raid.
can solo in certain environments that others have trouble with - 50% epic slow does wonders.
unlike popular adages, you don't really eat any DTs. the raid would lose a great deal of dps.
scales very well with gear, without the use of discs will settle somewhere between rogue and monk dps in raids.
lots of great utility such as snare, root, and snap agro.
can eat an enrage with weapon shield if you feel like it, cause why not?
why not? cause rangers save raids. weapon shield is one of the best tools at your disposal and can very literally save your guild from wiping to a target.
can compete with rogues as top dps with true shot.
can score some pretty big archery numbers for fun, see signature.

Troxx
10-29-2018, 11:33 AM
Every class I’ve played has been supremely enjoyable at 60 for different reasons. My mage is now 58. It’s fun but I have to be in the right mood (and feeling lazy) to really enjoy it.

I’m up to 47 paladin; insanely fun.

I personally don’t think I would enjoy cleric or rogue. These classes are too one-dimensional. Warrior falls into a similar boat but the power curve from 52-60 is insane and you end up almost god-like at 60. Being the point man for hard hitting content is always fun.

ScaringChildren
10-29-2018, 11:46 AM
Every class I’ve played has been supremely enjoyable at 60 for different reasons. My mage is now 58. It’s fun but I have to be in the right mood (and feeling lazy) to really enjoy it.

I’m up to 47 paladin; insanely fun.

I personally don’t think I would enjoy cleric or rogue. These classes are too one-dimensional. Warrior falls into a similar boat but the power curve from 52-60 is insane and you end up almost god-like at 60. Being the point man for hard hitting content is always fun.

Is the only downside of Warrior soloing the downtime?

Are they able to solo blue cons at 60 or are they wet noodles like Rogues?

Atmas
10-29-2018, 01:12 PM
-can't tank raid mobs.

Disagree. Knights can definitely, and usually more mana efficiently, tank things like HoT, Arena, plane minis, kunark dragons, etc... Depending on gear tougher mobs like Vindi, ToV dragons, and city leaders are possible.

Troxx
10-29-2018, 09:52 PM
Is the only downside of Warrior soloing the downtime?

Are they able to solo blue cons at 60 or are they wet noodles like Rogues?

I did a lot of soloing 1-60. They're sturdy enough and have enough toy procs (slow/snare/lifetaps) that soloing isn't all that bad. Other classes are certainly better but a well prepared warrior can get by.

Disagree. Knights can definitely, and usually more mana efficiently, tank things like HoT, Arena, plane minis, kunark dragons, etc... Depending on gear tougher mobs like Vindi, ToV dragons, and city leaders are possible.

Agreed.

Achromatic
10-31-2018, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with you guys. Finding a raid guild on P99 that will let you tank them is the hopeless part I guess.

wagorf
11-02-2018, 10:01 AM
those who say ench is fun do u really have a 60 ench?????

60 ench is only "fun" when you can solo or duo something where other ppl need a full group, it's more of a satisfaction than fun

but no it's not fun when you cannot lose focus nor afk a short bit - im playing a game to relax damnit

Swish2
11-02-2018, 10:47 PM
you should try efreeti and some other camps

Ifall
11-04-2018, 02:20 AM
Necro

Quinas
11-07-2018, 05:54 AM
those who say ench is fun do u really have a 60 ench?????

60 ench is only "fun" when you can solo or duo something where other ppl need a full group, it's more of a satisfaction than fun

but no it's not fun when you cannot lose focus nor afk a short bit - im playing a game to relax damnit

Agree with this! No such thing as a relaxing time on an Ench.