PDA

View Full Version : Looking to join any Plane of Fear and Hate runs

Zynn
10-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Fear and Hate don't seem to be very popular these days, so chances to go seem rare.

52 (almost 53) Enchanter working on the last few pieces for my epic.

Would love to come along with any raids heading to Fear or Hate in exchange for Enchanter epic drops: Head of the Serpent (from Wrath of a Shissar in Fear) or Essence of a Vampire (randomly from female forsaken revenants in Hate).

Shoot me a message on the forums, DM or mention on Discord, or tell in-game!

Happy raiding!
-Similia

Legidias
10-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Not to be mean or burst your bubble, but there's basically 0 chance any raid you tag along will give those items to you.

Join a guild that does those zones and you will get a chance to roll or bid DKP on em.

Kesselring
10-21-2018, 03:37 PM
Just an FYI, male forsaken revenants drop the essence as well.

Foxplay
10-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Not to be mean or burst your bubble, but there's basically 0 chance any raid you tag along will give those items to you.

Join a guild that does those zones and you will get a chance to roll or bid DKP on em.

Nah the Hate drop I'm sure a guild would let someone loot it, it drops fairly regular off trash mobs

the fear drop (head of shissar) yea less so its a timed spawn so unless your very lucky wont just be handed out on the regular

Danth
10-21-2018, 05:13 PM
Nah the Hate drop I'm sure a guild would let someone loot it, it drops fairly regular off trash mobs

the fear drop (head of shissar) yea less so its a timed spawn so unless your very lucky wont just be handed out on the regular

The fear part is doable that way, albeit with relatively limited opportunity. I know (and helped) an Enchanter get it that way a few years ago. The trick is to find a lower-end guild that doesn't have an Enchanter of their own who needs Wraith, and which is limited enough enough in manpower that they could really use some extra help on the clear. This becomes more practical if the Enchanter in question is higher level (preferably 60) himself, and if he has a few decent friends willing to come along as well. Wraith is actually up reasonably often since it isn't the primary bottleneck on the epic questline.

Don't get too enamored with the Enchanter epic. Unless you're doing a lot of raiding yourself (and if you need this type of help, you probably aren't) you can live without it. It's effectively a quality of life improvement for Enchanters who have to buff a lot of people.

Danth

Zynn
10-21-2018, 06:13 PM
The fear part is doable that way, albeit with relatively limited opportunity. I know (and helped) an Enchanter get it that way a few years ago. The trick is to find a lower-end guild that doesn't have an Enchanter of their own who needs Wraith, and which is limited enough enough in manpower that they could really use some extra help on the clear. This becomes more practical if the Enchanter in question is higher level (preferably 60) himself, and if he has a few decent friends willing to come along as well. Wraith is actually up reasonably often since it isn't the primary bottleneck on the epic questline.

Don't get too enamored with the Enchanter epic. Unless you're doing a lot of raiding yourself (and if you need this type of help, you probably aren't) you can live without it. It's effectively a quality of life improvement for Enchanters who have to buff a lot of people.

Danth

Shissar is often skipped or left to rot. Having an extra Enchanter can, at the very least, mean another charmed pet for DPS, fears for certain mobs, more AOE CC if that's how your group rolls.

I will get it eventually with guild runs, but there's plenty of people going up who don't care about either drop at all and wouldn't mind trading them for some extra DPS.

Legidias
10-21-2018, 06:18 PM
I mean, that's literally not the case at all especially for guild events (hiring a low-50's extra dps for epic drops), but you do you.

As someone above said, lvl 60 ench might have a case, but as a low 50's enchanter, they probably wouldnt even want you do charm anything as it'll break too often, and mezzes aren't entirely reliable at 52/53.

Again, not saying anything about you in particular, but dem's the breaks.

Shissar is never left to rot. Its not some incidental mob you kill, you have to actively clear and pull it.

Zynn
10-22-2018, 11:51 AM
I expected that any positive responses would be private, but I didn't expect quite so much public naysaying. It's not true nor helpful for anyone.

If you don't want to help, then don't. It's really that simple.

For those who have reached out, I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon.

elwing
10-22-2018, 12:16 PM
Fear and Hate don't seem to be very popular these days, so chances to go seem rare.

I wish you good luck, as other said your best luck is zo join a guild... Your assumption is wrong on these plane... Any meaningful target dies in less than 30minutes there...

Legidias
10-22-2018, 12:43 PM
I expected that any positive responses would be private, but I didn't expect quite so much public naysaying. It's not true nor helpful for anyone.

If you don't want to help, then don't. It's really that simple.

For those who have reached out, I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Don't take it so personal man, it's nothing against you. Just, you gotta face the facts, people aren't going to hand out planar epic items for free.

aaezil
10-22-2018, 02:22 PM
At least hes not aftet the poh book amirite

Bboboo
10-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Book on reserve

NegaStoat
10-22-2018, 04:01 PM
"Book not up".

Qtip
10-22-2018, 04:22 PM
Please tell me you have done vessel and verina already?

Legidias
10-22-2018, 06:02 PM
He should wait in zone and wait for people to kill vessel and verina for him while he's waiting for people to kill PoF and PoH mobs for him lol