PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to Clue

Abiatharr
10-24-2018, 11:32 PM
We at Dawn Believers have seen that due to Bummey’s actions, Clue members have been left uncertain about the future of their guild. We would like to state publicly that Dawn Believers holds no animosity towards ANY member other than Bummey, and we have always enjoyed our joint raids. Both guilds have seen the potential our joined forces can conquer, and Dawn Believers have not abandoned the vision: to enter and defeat the highest content this game has to offer. Every day Dawn Believers grow stronger. Every day Our goal comes closer. With YOUR help, we can achieve it.

When you don't know who to believe. Believe in the Dawn.

Wonkie
10-24-2018, 11:35 PM
We at Dawn Believers have seen that due to Bummey’s actions, Clue members have been left uncertain about the future of their guild. We would like to state publicly that Dawn Believers holds no animosity towards ANY member other than Bummey, and we have always enjoyed our joint raids. Both guilds have seen the potential our joined forces can conquer, and Dawn Believers have not abandoned the vision: to enter and defeat the highest content this game has to offer. Every day Dawn Believers grow stronger. Every day Our goal comes closer. With YOUR help, we can achieve it.

When you don't know who to believe. Believe in the Dawn.

https://youtu.be/lhYWDxVstGI

kaizersoze
10-24-2018, 11:37 PM
Dawn Believers did nothing wrong.

Combustify
10-25-2018, 12:05 AM

reznor_
10-25-2018, 12:18 AM

Gold

Phenyo
10-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Dawn Believers have not abandoned the vision: to enter and defeat the highest content this game has to offer.

Erati
10-25-2018, 09:15 AM
Solid opening to the letter, can’t wait to read how it ends.

ScaringChildren
10-25-2018, 09:23 AM
the book may not be up, but the sun is.

- dawn believers

Rang
10-25-2018, 09:35 AM
There's this word I'm looking for ..... like when someone takes something or uses something right in front of you and you know it is offensive towards you but you stand there and don't do anything about it and even publicly say you are fine with it...... damn what's that word again......

Daallee
10-25-2018, 09:45 AM
There's this word I'm looking for ..... like when someone takes something or uses something right in front of you and you know it is offensive towards you but you stand there and don't do anything about it and even publicly say you are fine with it...... damn what's that word again......

We would like to state publicly that Dawn Believers holds no animosity towards ANY member other than Bummey.

Did we read the same thing?

Oleris
10-25-2018, 10:35 AM

quick get tenderizer to edit this.

Tricket
10-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Tricket here, Dawn Believer Bard class leader. AKA "Big Brother" :D

My first interaction with DB was at lvl 11 in Crushbone. New to the game, no idea what I was doing or where to go, just happy my starting weapon was landing hits on orcs. Out of nowhere, a druid from Dawn Believers came to the zone, buffed everyone in sight, and started talking to people one on one. While he was giving thorns and helping them survive ambitious pulls, he was recruiting those interested in a casual, but powerful guild - it was Dorpheus. He was patient and seemed to just enjoy seeing others grinding that exp, and I liked that. So I joined DB.

Later, when i left crushbone for unrest, another interaction with DB. You all know unrest is basically a player graveyard. three floors of mobs and only one way out will do that to the slow-footed. Needless to say, death was frequent and relentless. But then a high level cleric came to zone and started to announce free rez and buffs at entrance. Players in-zone lined up to relish this random act of kindness. It was Meddical, another member of DB. (who btw just finished his epic, grats dude)

This was a recurring event that I noticed every week, every zone, every time. As I continued to level, there was ALWAYS someone in DB in the zone looking to group. There was ALWAYS some high level jumping in to help us. There was ALWAYS a chance to sit and chat and see the strength of their (now our) community.

Okay, I get it, that stuff is easy - powerleveling lowbies who cares? Okay. Last week, we were in plate house and a BP dropped. The winner of the open roll GAVE me the chestpiece, saying he knew its what I needed (hype Eliod). This past weekend, an entire GROUP formed to jump into lower dogs and help me get my Lute of the Howler. Just YESTERDAY, we completed TWO different epics for our raiders (monk / druid) after we CRUSHED Plane of Fear. You get the picture.

Not even 6 months since I created my character, my former group members are now my raid partners. 3 or more times a week we jump into some dark corner of Norrath and clear content. This guild has exposed me to all of the dungeons I never got to see when I was playing as a teen back in the day, and have kept this game consistently fun since I started.

Dawn Believers are on the verge of ascension. We have already successfully started doing ToV raids without any joint guilds, and every chance we get to clear and track critical spawns we take it. If you've been to Lodi recently you know what I'm talking about.

Abi's message may have been addressed to Clue, but mine is to this whole server. Our raid force is growing, and there is room for you. Believe me. Believe in the Dawn.

-T

Darklight348
10-25-2018, 11:58 AM
Yep

Dulian
10-25-2018, 01:00 PM
What happened?

Teppler
10-25-2018, 01:27 PM
What happened?

They did a joint raid. Guild leader of clue got caught looting a ground item worth 5k and told everyone it wasn’t there. He wasn’t aware someone was watching him though.

Dolalin
10-25-2018, 01:53 PM

lonmoer
10-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Rofl Clue is a bunch of losers.

kjs86z
10-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Believe in something, even if it means book not up.

lol

Arkanjil
10-25-2018, 02:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BlnHO3E.jpg

Bboboo
10-25-2018, 02:29 PM
Moving to manipulation

Canelek
10-25-2018, 11:59 PM
That is great that you all believe in the dawn. Hopefully, you will come around to other shit too.

Hibbs
10-26-2018, 12:34 AM
the book may not be up, but the sun is.

- dawn believers

I laughed pretty hard at that lmaoo

tycohunden
10-27-2018, 12:19 AM
I wish I had joined Dawn Believers... What Time Zone are they in?

Busher
10-27-2018, 06:51 AM
How could you miss the chance? Aren't they still inviting every pc they see?

Tricket
10-27-2018, 12:04 PM
How could you miss the chance? Aren't they still inviting every pc they see?

Our motto is more 'never turn someone down.' But we don't go out of our way to recruit. People message us after seeing our presence and want to join.

Our timezone is primarily EST (that is how we schedule our raid times), but we have players from all over the world! Hit me up in game, or find any player and ask them if an officer/recruiter is available to invite.

-T

24kanthony
10-27-2018, 12:34 PM
Dawn Believers has some really friendly people. I've been adventuring with Abiatharr since back when I was still leveling my main and he's always been a good dude. On days when all the big targets are down and things are slow, I'll sometimes go tag along with them for whatever quest they are working on and have a fun time just helping out.

snyder43
10-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Our motto is more 'never turn someone down.'

Does that include "book not up" guy? I heard he might be looking for a new guild!

Tricket
10-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Does that include "book not up" guy? I heard he might be looking for a new guild!

We have a running bet on what Bummey is up to ATM. He hasn't been online since Sunday and it's my personal suspicion he INSTANTLY made an alt under a new name. It's becoming more obvious he can't play that character anymore.
TBH if I was him I would be looking for revenge. Make an alt, join DB and bide his time. Then execute a grand betrayal when no one suspects him to strike - so for all I know he could be in the guild as we speak! :)

Ivar
10-27-2018, 12:57 PM
Do people troll <DB>? I've grouped with a lot of cool members from that guild.

ldgo86
10-27-2018, 02:40 PM
Do people troll <DB>? I've grouped with a lot of cool members from that guild.

Can’t tell if sarcastic or..

gnomezilla1337
10-28-2018, 01:35 PM
Ascend

Venjenz
10-29-2018, 11:25 AM
I've grouped with a lot of cool members from that guild.
If you have done pickup grouping almost anywhere in the game below level 50, chances are good you always had at least one <DB> member in your group.

I know I've lost count of all the <DB members I have PUG'd with.

Daallee
10-30-2018, 04:40 PM
One of the strengths of <Dawn Believers> is how easy it is to find groups at all levels within the guild. I'm now very involved in raiding with <DB> and grouping with the same members I leveled up with. Very inclusive and nice guild to be in.

Mead
10-30-2018, 04:51 PM
not sure what's worse

lying about book not up to profit from mq or publicly attempting to poach the entire clue guild

either way I'm enjoying this

Bristlebaner
11-17-2018, 01:30 PM
book not up

Maliant
11-17-2018, 02:24 PM
How is Clue doing these days?

Toodles
11-20-2018, 05:02 PM
They did a joint raid. Guild leader of clue got caught looting a ground item worth 5k and told everyone it wasn’t there. He wasn’t aware someone was watching him though.

These must be some po ass shit guilds if 5k trash item was the cause of all this?
I once looted a Peacebringer in a Bregan raid without thinking twice. Neither did anyone else.

Then again, it was Bregan

P.S. Moderators do your job, this is clearly RnF or at least Guild subforum content

Tricket
11-21-2018, 12:45 AM
These must be some po ass shit guilds if 5k trash item was the cause of all this?

Hi - see the following post:

5K plat, an epic item, a 10 hour spawn, etc. Call it what you will, the object is not the focus - The act is.
3) Subjective value, my dude. (personal attack)
I get it, you ride a pegasus on 8th level of plane of sky. You have ascended beyond the plebs and attach no concern to such trivial matters as this. Your horse is the highest. So why weigh in at all? Just to belittle the hot-topic of the masses? To end this savagery and help us all realize that truly, there is no reason to care about some 10 hour spawn on a private server of a 20 year old game?
Who are you to place value? Who are you to say what matters and does not. Evidently, this matters to many. Were you at the raid? Have you had items stolen that you needed? Were you ever mad that someone stole your rare-mob camp while you were there for hours killing place holders? Your experiences speak for you and you alone - do not presume you have a right to lessen the interests of others, not dictate where they place their value.
-T

I agree book not up comments belong in RnF, but the focus of this thread was to let Clue know that DB only focuses their disdain towards Bummey, not their guild. I have suggested and still suggest players on the servers do the same.

I once looted a Peacebringer in a Bregan raid without thinking twice. Neither did anyone else.

Sorry no one cares about what you do.

Wonkie
11-21-2018, 01:12 AM
I met Yakiee in Clue. He was a dick.

Jimjam
11-21-2018, 02:55 AM
Last night, I dreamt I was playing ROBLOX (https://www.roblox.com?rbxp=485145314) with the little one.

A character named Bvmmey logged in to the server. Even though all the other players obviously would have had nothing to do with p1999, they all still knew to ask whether book was up.

I rate this as best dream ever.