PDA

View Full Version : My human agnostic bard is KOS to just the grobb guards in Dark Elf form with no adj.

Cen
10-30-2018, 12:11 AM
The strangest thing. I know ive waltzed into grobb to bank at some point before. When I transform into a DE, and i'm 99% sure I have done nothing to ever lower da bashers (I certainly never killed or buffed/assisted a kill on them), but im threatening to them as a Dark Elf Bard. Did something change with their faction on the server? I can cindas them and be fine but im just mad that I am kos there while evil! I am crazy about having as many high factions as possible and its one of the hardest to raise (but also not much lowers it either)

Swish2
10-30-2018, 12:39 AM
Doesn't sound right to me, my dark elf enchanter (also agnostic) was always welcome to bind etc.

There's no link to Indigo Brotherhood or anything is there?

Cen
10-30-2018, 12:39 AM
Oh now this is strange. My new Agnostic DE enchanter has some goofy stuff going on in grobb. Dubiously makes sense, but troll form only apprehensive to guards and merchants? Did some goofy stuff happen in grobb? ;p

Cen
10-30-2018, 12:41 AM
Doesn't sound right to me, my dark elf enchanter (also agnostic) was always welcome to bind etc.

There's no link to Indigo Brotherhood or anything is there?

Shouldn't be. I haven't stepped much in fay on any of my characters. I never go to crushbone or touch orcs. Usually I do qeynos stuff and guk.

Swish2
10-30-2018, 12:43 AM
Does faction modifying help you at all? For me as long as I can bind and bank there I'm happy - can't remember if I was dubious or apprehensive.

EDIT: hows a dark elf supposed to do the stein quest if he can't get past the guards? I'd bug report it ^^

Cen
10-30-2018, 12:50 AM
On the bard I can cinda the guards, but thats annoying ;p

applesauce25r624
11-05-2018, 10:44 PM
sounds like those damned frogloks are preparing for their invasion

Aalderon Crystafire
11-06-2018, 01:25 AM
Dark Elf Bards are (for now) Threateningly to Da Bashers by default -- but it's very easy to just use faction song on them for turn-ins.

Jauna
11-06-2018, 01:37 AM
Was ganna ask if you did that earring quest thing with the troll shaman in inno swamp.

Hope ya have a stash of Fire Beetle Eyes to get your faction up

Cen
11-06-2018, 03:13 AM
Dark Elf Bards are (for now) Threateningly to Da Bashers by default -- but it's very easy to just use faction song on them for turn-ins.

Holy carps! Did something get screwed up?

Jimjam
11-06-2018, 04:51 AM
A lot of the faction modifiers for race/class/deity aren't quite classic; is there a chance some of these modifiers get rebalanced?

I remember when I started my half elf warrior of innoruuk on red; an NPC in what should have been my own guild hall (the subterranean dungeons below freeport slums) killed me!

Cen
11-06-2018, 06:38 PM
A lot of the faction modifiers for race/class/deity aren't quite classic; is there a chance some of these modifiers get rebalanced?

I remember when I started my half elf warrior of innoruuk on red; an NPC in what should have been my own guild hall (the subterranean dungeons below freeport slums) killed me!

I have noticied faction modifiers changing recently outside my own intervention, especially for dark elves. I feel like someine has been tweaking

Aalderon Crystafire
11-08-2018, 12:16 AM

This is a work in progress but due to the nature of the faction system and the fact that the way faction itself works needs to be revamped, it can't be implemented piecemeal but has to be finished and then implemented all at once.

Some are made with temporary solutions like the on you mentioned. I know we fixed human clerics of Innoruuk from being KOS'd in Neriak -- Half Elves should start KOS to Dreadguards but be non-KOS with the guilds -- minus the Rogues.

Also, Cen, I can assure you with absolute certainty that for at least 3 years Dark Elf Agnostic Bards were KOS to Da Bashers.

Nexii
11-08-2018, 12:27 AM
Might be a bard modifier but seems wrong. 99% sure that from having a bard on live I could go to any evil city wtihout any trouble with DE illusion (agnostic)

Kinda like how my Wood Elf Rogue (agnostic) is default KOS to Barbarians. Pretty sure both are 'good' races and should be at least dubious.

Aalderon Crystafire
11-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Might be a bard modifier but seems wrong. 99% sure that from having a bard on live I could go to any evil city wtihout any trouble with DE illusion (agnostic)

Kinda like how my Wood Elf Rogue (agnostic) is default KOS to Barbarians. Pretty sure both are 'good' races and should be at least dubious.

We have many modifiers like this on P99 that are not classic but the ultimate goal is to not just have classic 'considers' but exact classic modifiers for every race, deity and class for every major faction down to the exact numbers. It's a huge undertaking that involves lots of work on the live/test servers and there have only been two of us working on it. Despite this and with much thanks to Artheau who coded a program specifically to facilitate our research nearly every major city is finished. Right down to the exact #s for each modifier so if it took +50 points for a Dark Elf Monk of Quellious to become non-KOS to <insert faction here> in classic EQ, it will be the same here.

We will still need to wait for the faction system and tables to be revamped before the classic modifiers can be implemented, as well.

Swish2
11-08-2018, 02:44 AM
If there's a revamp, will people who have maxed certain factions have to do any more work?

Jimjam
11-08-2018, 03:14 AM
Great to hear your faction project is coming to fruition, I remember you highlighting the particulars of it previously and it sounded like an overwhelmingly large undertaking!

Rygar
11-08-2018, 08:47 AM
We have many modifiers like this on P99 that are not classic but the ultimate goal is to not just have classic 'considers' but exact classic modifiers for every race, deity and class for every major faction down to the exact numbers. It's a huge undertaking that involves lots of work on the live/test servers and there have only been two of us working on it. Despite this and with much thanks to Artheau who coded a program specifically to facilitate our research nearly every major city is finished. Right down to the exact #s for each modifier so if it took +50 points for a Dark Elf Monk of Quellious to become non-KOS to <insert faction here> in classic EQ, it will be the same here.

We will still need to wait for the faction system and tables to be revamped before the classic modifiers can be implemented, as well.

I'm surprised you do not have a 'VIP / Contributor' flag on your forum account. You do great work equivalent of dev / staff duties. Thank you.