PDA

View Full Version : Coldain Faction...?

GnomeCaptain
11-05-2018, 04:03 PM
Hi,

Far as I can tell the best value gear I can get on my late 40s Enchanter is from the Thurgadin quests.

So I figure I should be working on my Coldain faction.

Can anyone tell me, please, the best way to improve Coldain faction?

Thanks!

bigjeff100
11-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Just get some Kael/Arena groups! Let all the faction get worked out while collecting your gear drops!!

Nisse
11-05-2018, 04:21 PM
The WL giants that people are always factioning on are good dwarf faction also

loramin
11-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Dwarf faction is pretty easy: just kill Velious giants for awhile and you're set. Personally I quadded the giant fort in EQ with my Druid, but you could easily charm fight the giants there instead. Or, as others have said, there are often groups in WL or Kael that you could join.

If you really want to optimize things though, the best way is to just hang out in Kael and wait for a big guild to kill Avatar of War or a similar major giant mob. Simply doing one damage to such a mob before it dies can get you more faction in a few seconds than you could get with hours of factioning.

But all that aside, can I offer a completely different suggestion? Forget about gear. Sure improving gear will help you level a little faster, but it will not come anywhere close to making up for the time it takes you to get that gear. If you can get both XP and gear at the same time then of course that's great, but otherwise you really should just focus on leveling.

Once you hit 60 (or even the 50's) you'll be able to not only get gear far more easily, but you'll also be able to get better gear (eg. instead of getting Dwarf armor a 50's Enchanter could join a guild and get superior Giant or Dragon armor instead).

GnomeCaptain
11-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Just get some Kael/Arena groups! Let all the faction get worked out while collecting your gear drops!!

The WL giants that people are always factioning on are good dwarf faction also

Thanks, I'll keep these in mind, see how it goes.

Dwarf faction is pretty easy: just kill Velious giants for awhile and you're set. Personally I quadded the giant fort in EQ with my Druid, but you could easily charm fight the giants there instead. Or, as others have said, there are often groups in WL or Kael that you could join.

If you really want to optimize things though, the best way is to just hang out in Kael and wait for a big guild to kill Avatar of War or a similar major giant mob. Simply doing one damage to such a mob before it dies can get you more faction in a few seconds than you could get with hours of factioning.

But all that aside, can I offer a completely different suggestion? Forget about gear. Sure improving gear will help you level a little faster, but it will not come anywhere close to making up for the time it takes you to get that gear. If you can get both XP and gear at the same time then of course that's great, but otherwise you really should just focus on leveling.

Once you hit 60 (or even the 50's) you'll be able to not only get gear far more easily, but you'll also be able to get better gear (eg. instead of getting Dwarf armor a 50's Enchanter could join a guild and get superior Giant or Dragon armor instead).

And thank you. I might forego the gear for now and make a push to the first hell level of 50s.

wagorf
11-05-2018, 10:26 PM
or you can faction AND level at the same time, if ur going to faction u might as well get xp

u can do WL giants until lvl 53 or 54

Tethler
11-05-2018, 10:37 PM
If you really want to optimize things though, the best way is to just hang out in Kael and wait for a big guild to kill Avatar of War or a similar major giant mob.

This is a great way to get CoV (dragon) faction, but the Kael bosses don't give Coldain faction. Plate house is maybe the best place to grind out coldain imo.

beargryllz
11-05-2018, 10:59 PM
Tag giants in kael

This is waaaaaaaaaaay faster than outside kael. They're worth like 1 faction per kill in WL and worth like 10 apiece inside kael. Kael giants regen like 3% per tick though, so soloing for faction may not be a very effective use of your time

Slip into plate house for rapid fire faction tagging or just farm the EW side since those are like lvl 33-35ish

Legidias
11-05-2018, 11:16 PM
Get your free hate planar armor. (Its basically thurg armor)

Plowyabeastlord
11-06-2018, 12:09 AM
Buy 56 Giant Warrior Helmets, Turn them in 4 at a time = 14 turn ins total. Youll be good enough for thurg armors

Pootle
11-06-2018, 04:35 AM
Slip into plate house for rapid fire faction tagging

What is 'Plate House'? :confused:

GnomeCaptain
11-06-2018, 02:50 PM
or you can faction AND level at the same time, if ur going to faction u might as well get xp

u can do WL giants until lvl 53 or 54

Solid suggestion, thanks.

This is a great way to get CoV (dragon) faction, but the Kael bosses don't give Coldain faction. Plate house is maybe the best place to grind out coldain imo.

Tag giants in kael

This is waaaaaaaaaaay faster than outside kael. They're worth like 1 faction per kill in WL and worth like 10 apiece inside kael. Kael giants regen like 3% per tick though, so soloing for faction may not be a very effective use of your time

Slip into plate house for rapid fire faction tagging or just farm the EW side since those are like lvl 33-35ish

I'll keep this in mind for when I hit kael, thanks.

Get your free hate planar armor. (Its basically thurg armor)

Interesting. Reckon this is what I'll most likely do, thank you.

Buy 56 Giant Warrior Helmets, Turn them in 4 at a time = 14 turn ins total. Youll be good enough for thurg armors

Thank you, sounds easy.