PDA

View Full Version : P99 Hardcore Mode

chevy79bu
11-07-2018, 09:34 AM
So I was thinking that starting an alt on Hardcore Mode meaning that upon death the alt is instantly deleted would be fun just as a challenge. So here are the rules to live by. Feedback on rules is welcomed.

1. No twink gear at all!
2. No currency assistance from any other owned toon
3. No buff begging in tunnel or from higher lvl players. If bluffs are randomly cast on you then use them but no intentional PL. (Considering to changing this rule to turning in pvp tomb)
4. Upon death the Hardcore toon shall be discontinued.
5. Grouping is allowed with other players within reason. Do not group with someone and tag along as a carry. This is PLing!

So I will be staring this tonight and will see how it goes. If anyone is interested in doing this with me and even doing a duo or trio let me know.

Supaskillz
11-07-2018, 09:54 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297103

Cen
11-07-2018, 09:55 AM
I always seem to remember my first character deaths. My wizard oddly enough lasted the longest dying for the first time at level 33.

chevy79bu
11-07-2018, 10:17 AM
I never even knew of that guild Supaskillz. Thanks for the reply. I will get in contact with them and see if they are still doing this and likely just join them.

Supaskillz
11-07-2018, 10:23 AM
I never even knew of that guild Supaskillz. Thanks for the reply. I will get in contact with them and see if they are still doing this and likely just join them.

Its popped up a couple times. I think usually its lasts a few weeks and dies off. I suspect some of those same people may be interested in doing it though.

Evia
11-07-2018, 10:36 AM
My problem would be getting attached to a character and having him die in his twenties and me not want to quit playing him.

stebbins99
11-07-2018, 11:01 AM
I always seem to remember my first character deaths. My wizard oddly enough lasted the longest dying for the first time at level 33.

Dude you didn't die for 33 levels? Impressive stuff! Gosh I had a toon die yesterday just by logging in on top of a mob

Freakish
11-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Hardest part of eq is recovering your corpse. Sounds lazy.

Notwotwo
11-07-2018, 12:34 PM
It's like the old Discord server that shutted down right ? It seems cool !

Cen
11-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Dude you didn't die for 33 levels? Impressive stuff! Gosh I had a toon die yesterday just by logging in on top of a mob

My bard and enchanter has died a lot :p but when my bard dies I just dont give a crap.

My wizard at 41 right now has died twice. Once in highkeep at 33 when the healer went AFK and I couldnt make it out due to KOS. The second time I was quadding at level 36 and my sow ran out, and my bonds of force failed to snare 3 out of 4 mobs in desperation, and my roots and gates just wouldnt stop being interrupted.

stebbins99
11-07-2018, 01:10 PM
@Cen man that is truly impressive, especially when your class can't simply FD his way out of a situation! It sounds like you almost escaped death on #2 as well were it not for some poor luck.

Though I play pretty conservatively and seem to die less than most of my amigos, I can't imagine being able to recall each death on a toon (ie count on one hand). Whatever you're doing, keep it up!