PDA

View Full Version : Regen item inquiry

Vertiggo
11-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Does fungus covered great staff stack with fungi tunic?

Barm McLir
11-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Yes. Since you click it, it counts as spell regen. It also snares you. It does not stack with other spell regen.

clacbec
11-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Both stacks with torpor?

Barm McLir
11-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Yes. Torpor is a heal over time spell.

Bardp1999
11-12-2018, 12:15 AM
You can make it more complicated if you want by introducing spell slots and how certain spells/effects stack and don't stack based on what number slot they occupy, but as a general rule of thumb there are 3 kinds of regen - Racial, Spell, Item. So basically you can have Iskar racial regen, fungi tunic, and lets say pack chloroplast all rolling at once. As pointed out, the fungi staff just gives you a spell regen click so it will stack with everything besides Druid and Shaman regen spells or other items that have a click regen effect.

Swish2
11-12-2018, 04:05 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/image.php?u=152352&dateline=1485276360

https://i.imgur.com/etBInQ0.gif

Barm McLir
11-12-2018, 09:33 AM
https://i.imgur.com/etBInQ0.gif

Haha, thanks! I made the original back in the early 2000's, quit EQ, lost the files, found a low-rez copy as some guy's avatar in the Allakhazam comments, and used that to draw it again.

aaezil
11-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Does fungi tunic stack with AoB?

Pindrought
11-12-2018, 09:57 AM
You can make it more complicated if you want by introducing spell slots and how certain spells/effects stack and don't stack based on what number slot they occupy, but as a general rule of thumb there are 3 kinds of regen - Racial, Spell, Item. So basically you can have Iskar racial regen, fungi tunic, and lets say pack chloroplast all rolling at once. As pointed out, the fungi staff just gives you a spell regen click so it will stack with everything besides Druid and Shaman regen spells or other items that have a click regen effect.

Do you know of anywhere you can find good info on which spell slots buff effects occupy?
I saw this website explains it http://www.zlizeq.com/Game_Mechanics-Buffs_and_Debuffs but has no information on how to actually retrieve this data.

7thGate
11-12-2018, 10:16 AM
I don't know about "good", but I copy+pasted the spells_us.txt file into a google sheet and split on ^, myself. Had to consult eqemu's spdat.h header to determine how to read it, SPDat_Spell_Struct had the info for me to label the relevant columns and there's a big #define block that shows what each number for the spell effects do.

You can also see it in Lucy, which basically did the same thing but with a good interface here: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1576&source=Live . Its live though, not P99, so you have to take things with a grain of salt as they can be different here.

Bbeta
11-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Does fungi tunic stack with AoB?

No, the max your worn regeneration can be is 15. Because fungi tunic give u 15 no other worn items stack with it. You'd still get the attack benefits

Pindrought
11-12-2018, 10:54 AM
I don't know about "good", but I copy+pasted the spells_us.txt file into a google sheet and split on ^, myself. Had to consult eqemu's spdat.h header to determine how to read it, SPDat_Spell_Struct had the info for me to label the relevant columns and there's a big #define block that shows what each number for the spell effects do.

You can also see it in Lucy, which basically did the same thing but with a good interface here: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1576&source=Live . Its live though, not P99, so you have to take things with a grain of salt as they can be different here.

Perfect, thank you so much!

Jimjam
11-12-2018, 12:11 PM
No, the max your worn regeneration can be is 15. Because fungi tunic give u 15 no other worn items stack with it. You'd still get the attack benefits

Does belt and vindi bp stack?

Phenyo
11-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Does belt and vindi bp stack?

AoB item regen stacks up to the worn cap. The ATK stacks and you are only limited by the number of AoB items aquireable (5?, 2 as a rogue?).

Bbeta
11-12-2018, 12:53 PM
AoB item regen stacks up to the worn cap. The ATK stacks and you are only limited by the number of AoB items aquireable (5?, 2 as a rogue?).

This im not sure about. chardok 2.0 monks and rogues can get up too three. I think a birdy told me 3 is the cap for aob stackage but i do not know and could very well be wrong

jabic
11-12-2018, 02:27 PM
What about non-AOB regen? I.e., would fungi tunic, Ring 10, and Zheart regen all stack?

Bbeta
11-12-2018, 02:28 PM
What about non-AOB regen? I.e., would fungi tunic, Ring 10, and Zheart regen all stack?

if fungi tunic is worn, the Zheart regen will not work. because it is also worn. Ring 10 is a spell so on another table. so Tunic and ring ten stack. Zheart and ring ten stack. 5 AoB items and ring ten stack. etc 15 is the worn cap

Zekayy
11-12-2018, 03:06 PM
I thought AoB and Regen was a seperate thing itself im pretty sure AoB and etc stack people have tried it and have gotten higher then 15, cause if youre iksar/troll thats 15 then a fungi is another 15, thats 30 then add ring 10/regrowth thats another regen itself although this was during the early days of velious so maybe everyone just assumed they stacked

Legidias
11-12-2018, 03:37 PM
AoB regen doesn't stack, but the atk does.

There's a whole thread on this previously if you care to search (I don't).

Servant
11-12-2018, 08:06 PM
Racial, Item, Spell - and song. If you're an Iksar with max worn-regen, regrowth of the grove, niv's melody of restoration, and hymn of restoration running, you should be regenerating, by my calculations, 59HP per tick.

Legidias
11-12-2018, 08:23 PM
Racial, Item, Spell - and song. If you're an Iksar with max worn-regen, regrowth of the grove, niv's melody of restoration, and hymn of restoration running, you should be regenerating, by my calculations, 59HP per tick.

With instruments, the songs by themselves give around 50hp regen

Servant
11-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Yeah 59 seemed low to me but I was just going off of what the wiki says. I guess those must be for when singing...