PDA

View Full Version : Soloing your way to riches

commongood
11-14-2018, 06:25 AM
Having access to a 60 ENC / Torpor SHM / NEC what would be your prefered way to farm pp. My aim is 500k. I'm in no particular rush but will obviously prefer to minimize time and maximize profit ;) Off the beaten path camps that may yield slightly sub-optimal pp-per-hour earnings but are easy to do / rarely camped would be cool to hear about.

Shaman is currently bound in PoM and A4/puppets seem legit but are often camped. What other cash camps would you be looking at?

Ideally I want to be able to solo this stuff so suggestions about getting into king camp in Seb etc. aren't of immediate interest.

Thanks!

phatogre
11-14-2018, 07:08 AM
It may be hard to beat PoM for easy semi-afk solo farming, but yeah A4 is hard to snag.

Frenzy in Velks isn't too bad, the wrist drop is not lore so that's nice, though semi-frequently camped. It's very easy though. BM on enchanter in Velks is pretty good too, higher risk though. On the Shaman you can solo 6 necks and sell loot rights, I've made a good bit that way. You could also level up smithing and sell Garzicor MQs. There's also good ol HS South/Drusella solo on the enchanter, FBH still sells for a good amount.

Hibbs
11-14-2018, 07:10 AM
Having access to a 60 ENC / Torpor SHM / NEC what would be your prefered way to farm pp. My aim is 500k. I'm in no particular rush but will obviously prefer to minimize time and maximize profit ;) Off the beaten path camps that may yield slightly sub-optimal pp-per-hour earnings but are easy to do / rarely camped would be cool to hear about.

Shaman is currently bound in PoM and A4/puppets seem legit but are often camped. What other cash camps would you be looking at?

Ideally I want to be able to solo this stuff so suggestions about getting into king camp in Seb etc. aren't of immediate interest.

Thanks!

I'm by no means knowledgeable on the best way to do things but from what I've seen or heard if you are trying to farm plat you could as an enchanter:

Sell Shawls in SG 10kish a drop

Have someone open Crypt door in seb. and you could prob solo or atleast duo crypt and at the very least get JBB's for 10k-15k and Hiero cloaks 12k-16k with some other low end stuff plus gems and spells.

You said no to king but King for Fungi. If you had a geared trio you could prob do it and that's still 15k as a split.

Howling stones south wing could make you some profit with Fingerbone hoop 12k, Hand of the reaper 8k, haste sash for like 4k-5k

I dunno couple suggestions

thebutthat
11-14-2018, 07:17 AM
POM and BM on an enchanter was where I made the majority of my plat. BM is a license to print money although the BP gems dont sell for what they use too. DN rats are nice for a change of pace. Some of the exquisites sell for a good bit.

Also selling VP medallion MQs. I use to kill RS and PSs if they where open in the morning while getting ready for work.

Xaeophi
11-14-2018, 07:20 AM
The asked how to get 500k. PoM is not how you're going to meet that goal.
If you want to solo go to seb and do crypt, or NG.
NG is pretty easy and you can sometimes get 1 - 1.5k hourly if youre lucky.
NG can be somewhat difficult if you're bad and how much you make depends on RNG.
Expect 10-25k in a 4 hour timespan.
PoM (A4). can expect to realistically make nothing at all in a 15 hour cycle.
Maybe you can get a throne to drop sure.. 60k.. Or you can be like everyone else who camps there and make absolutely nothing spending half a day there.

commongood
11-14-2018, 07:23 AM
DN rats are nice for a change of pace.

Is this for velium weapons? Or gems? Also, how tough are these. Would shaman or necro be able to solo them?

thebutthat
11-14-2018, 07:32 AM
Yeah for the weapons. You'll need to do it as a shaman because you need to slow them and some of them summon.

Izmael
11-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Solo camp the EC tunnel, profit.

commongood
11-14-2018, 07:40 AM
Yeah for the weapons. You'll need to do it as a shaman because you need to slow them and some of them summon.

Thanks. One more question: Is there a way to know which type of chetari mob can drop the most valuable weapons? The wiki doesn't seem completely clear about it.

Maliant
11-14-2018, 07:51 AM
BM is probably the best solo.

Try to duo puppets with a monk in PoM for the big money. Made about 250k in cards a few weeks of heavy grinding on my monk doing this, meaning other shaman also made 250k.

commongood
11-14-2018, 07:53 AM
BM is probably the best solo.

Try to duo puppets with a monk in PoM for the big money. Made about 250k in cards a few weeks of heavy grinding on my monk doing this, meaning other shaman also made 250k.

Just to be sure: BM requires me to be playing the ENC right? Or could the shaman solo BM too?

And yeah puppets would be nice but my play times are weird and very much in flux so it's hard to reliably plan any team work, hence this post :)

thebutthat
11-14-2018, 07:56 AM
Thanks. One more question: Is there a way to know which type of chetari mob can drop the most valuable weapons? The wiki doesn't seem completely clear about it.

From what I can tell you can find them on any of the rats. I usually pull the rats from the hit in the back corner, or trigger the swarm trap and pull the first few in the tunnel. Trigger the trap, wc cap out, gate back. Think it stays inactive for an hour or so.

Maliant
11-14-2018, 08:07 AM
BM would require a good chanter that knows the zones and traps, will be a learning curve for sure.

You can see the rats that have weapons, DN weapons don’t sell that well though.

Tecmos Deception
11-14-2018, 08:27 AM
NG is pretty easy and you can sometimes get 1 - 1.5k hourly if youre lucky.
NG can be somewhat difficult if you're bad and how much you make depends on RNG.
Expect 10-25k in a 4 hour timespan.

wat

Izmael
11-14-2018, 09:22 AM
I think he means BM instead of the second NG line.

Shaman can solo BM but I dunno if they can really break the camp solo in a viable / sustainable way. Maybe a knowledgeable shammie can chime in.

On a chanter BM isn't hard once you've got the traps figured out. Just a matter of RNG on charm breaks and ideally having a friendly clicky cleric parked in VL somewhere cuz every now and then you will die :p

I remember when BM was 20k+ / hour QQ

Teppler
11-14-2018, 10:12 AM
It may be hard to beat PoM for easy semi-afk solo farming, but yeah A4 is hard to snag.

Frenzy in Velks isn't too bad, the wrist drop is not lore so that's nice, though semi-frequently camped. It's very easy though. BM on enchanter in Velks is pretty good too, higher risk though. On the Shaman you can solo 6 necks and sell loot rights, I've made a good bit that way. You could also level up smithing and sell Garzicor MQs. There's also good ol HS South/Drusella solo on the enchanter, FBH still sells for a good amount.

Shaman cannot solo +6 necks. I tried Ayillish which is the easiest +6 neck and it didn't seem possible at all.

Psyqo
11-14-2018, 10:20 AM
What zone is BM? Sorry looked on the wiki and didn't see a zone with that acronym.

Xaeophi
11-14-2018, 10:24 AM
wat

Sorry. Crypt in Seb i meant

Xaeophi
11-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Hes talking about Velks btw. I think velks is okay if seb is too hard for you.

Legidias
11-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Shamans can 100% solo Ayillish.

Play the cliff golem torpor lottery.

Teppler
11-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Shamans can 100% solo Ayillish.

Play the cliff golem torpor lottery.

Are you sure he hasn't changed since you've last done him?

In my last run a few weeks ago I was doing Bratavar, no problem, but Ayillish was clearly much much stronger. If you look at the wiki info, it doesn't reflect that.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bratavar

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ayillish

loramin
11-14-2018, 12:38 PM
I honestly don't know what the best cash camp is (I do NG a lot when I need cash, but that's more because I'm lazy than because it's the best).

But I do know you can find lots of ideas in the wiki's Treasure Hunting Guide (link in signature) :)

phatogre
11-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Are you sure he hasn't changed since you've last done him?

In my last run a few weeks ago I was doing Bratavar, no problem, but Ayillish was clearly much much stronger. If you look at the wiki info, it doesn't reflect that.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bratavar

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ayillish

I just did Ayillish a couple weeks ago on my shaman. Definitely possible, just takes a long time. Sold the neck for 8.5k. For reference my shaman has about 4100hp 1100ac with full buffs (minus pally HP).

Teppler
11-14-2018, 03:35 PM
I just did Ayillish a couple weeks ago on my shaman. Definitely possible, just takes a long time. Sold the neck for 8.5k. For reference my shaman has about 4100hp 1100ac with full buffs (minus pally HP).

I guess I'm wrong then but you definitely have amazing gear because my 60 shammy is no where near those stats. Who is this? Loce?

I was able to single pull him but that itself was a nightmare that would take multiple tries and then a 10-15 minutes to try again between buffs/running.... if you are lucky enough to find him up. When I actually did pull him I found any information about his AOE being highly resistible was false. I found most of his AOE's hit despite over 200 MR. That made keeping a pet hard because then you gotta heal him along with keeping your torpor up on yourself constantly.

It was a few weeks so I don't remember exactly but I believe I was having to cast Chloroblast with my torpor/canni'ing to keep up with the damage he was doing and that was not sustainable.

When I had a few Bratavar's flee into water and become unlootable I basically stopped doing the dragons for now. I plan to start them again too once I finish getting my Kael faction up so I'll take another shot soon. Nice to know he's doable.

Bardp1999
11-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Why do you need 500k if you have a 60 shaman/nec/ench?

Sounds like you beat the game and should move along if you don't like raiding.

EQ "cash" camps are all pretty tedious and time consuming, especially the solo camps (Hiero comes to mind).

Most success i've had is selling Velious armor MQs

Teppler
11-14-2018, 03:54 PM
Why do you need 500k if you have a 60 shaman/nec/ench?

Sounds like you beat the game and should move along if you don't like raiding.

EQ "cash" camps are all pretty tedious and time consuming, especially the solo camps (Hiero comes to mind).

Most success i've had is selling Velious armor MQs

Hiero is a very relaxing camp but not the highest paying. What's not relaxing is pulling that damn dragon to the shore line and doing about 500 canni's in the process of killing him.