PDA

View Full Version : remember the 70 corpses from OOT??

Witness
02-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Since I see this new post about afk leveling being bannable, and I'm more or less done with playing on p99 I don't really care too much if anything happens to me (though i'd realy like to NOT get banned for doing this) I'm going to go ahead and take responsibility for Gmge or whatever his name was 70 some odd deaths :)

I know for CERTAIN he was afk leveling, because I was killing the sisters on my necromancer, and he was doing dwarfs, and we got to talking and he TOLD me he afk kills the dwarfs. He claimed he "watches tv, plays other computer games, hangs with gf, and checks screen every 5-10 minutes. OBVIOUSLY he doesnt if i got 70+ kills :) Also I have screen shots of him /t'ing my necromancer that he does infact afk level but they are on my other computer and I'd rather not go through the hassle, plus I think gm's can open chat logs?

I definitely was not the only person involved in this fiasco, but I was the one that set things into motion and found out he was afk leveling.

And oh yeah, it made me feel great to make someone go from level 36 to level 19 that ADMITTED to me to afk leveling. All his talk about he was just afk from computer and not leveling, I had toreally bite my tongue.

L2Phantom
02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
I dunno why you'd get banned, you should be given a service medal.

Qi0
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM
He's worried about being banned because vigilantism isn't normally something that's rewarded. However, it's likely if the GMs wanted to know who did it, they could have found out in the first place.

HarmoniumGuard
02-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Since I see this new post about afk leveling being bannable, and I'm more or less done with playing on p99 I don't really care too much if anything happens to me (though i'd realy like to NOT get banned for doing this) I'm going to go ahead and take responsibility for Gmge or whatever his name was 70 some odd deaths :)

I know for CERTAIN he was afk leveling, because I was killing the sisters on my necromancer, and he was doing dwarfs, and we got to talking and he TOLD me he afk kills the dwarfs. He claimed he "watches tv, plays other computer games, hangs with gf, and checks screen every 5-10 minutes. OBVIOUSLY he doesnt if i got 70+ kills :) Also I have screen shots of him /t'ing my necromancer that he does infact afk level but they are on my other computer and I'd rather not go through the hassle, plus I think gm's can open chat logs?

I definitely was not the only person involved in this fiasco, but I was the one that set things into motion and found out he was afk leveling.

And oh yeah, it made me feel great to make someone go from level 36 to level 19 that ADMITTED to me to afk leveling. All his talk about he was just afk from computer and not leveling, I had toreally bite my tongue.

Congratulations sir, you are a hero.

Virtuosos
02-17-2010, 11:59 PM
why are you more-or-less done with p99?

and aye, grats on that...point on playing a game is PLAYING a game, if you want to watch your character level up while doing other shit...go Bot in Silkroad -shrug-

Finawin
02-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I like how Gmge still blamed me.

I'd also reward you if I were the GMs lol

Malrubius
02-18-2010, 12:09 AM
High five.

Tryfaen
02-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Can I have your loots?

Orange Juice
02-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Well, since the witness has decided to come out and speak, I would like to add some more information, since my friend and I are leaving this game. If it were a book, I would title it something like: “If I did it, Here’s how it happened”

On a very memorable day three weeks ago, there was a tip that someone was afk leveling where I, a level 24 or so necro, normally killed. I frown on his actions, but I never heard of him. I won’t feel bad for him if I killed him a few times, but I don’t necessarily hate him as well. I decided that he does not deserve the experience he received while afk leveling, so I felt killing him a few times would erase some of the undeserved experience.

Necromancers begin KOS to Gfay, and on their faction: the sisters in OOT. That is the reason, aside from the profitable longswords, to kill in OOT since our faction is already ruined. Mages on the other hand, are not KOS. To AFK level, one must be KOS to a faction so the mob attacks the pet. As a mage, one must work hard to ruin the faction to become KOS for the purpose of AFK leveling. The sisters in OOT are all level 25-25, and GMGE is level 34 with his latest tier of spells. This was obviously set up for a long term AFK killing because his pet can perfectly kill low light blues safely in an under-populated zone with only static spawns.

Knowing all this, I decided to pull Larisa Gelrith, a sister inside a hut near his bind point (you all know exactly where that is; its where his corpses are), on top of his idle body. Being a necro, I feign dead behind him, and the sister walked away as I pretended to be dead. As she pathed back, she saw Gmge and proceeded to massacre a defenseless mage. Once he died, she stayed in the spot for a few seconds, like all normal NPCs. Fortunate to have a fast loading PC, Gmge respawned before the sister pathed back, and proceeded to kick his ass, again. I found it hilarious, and total, she killed him 4 times before she pathed back to her hut.

Satisfied with my handiwork, four deaths with one FD, I told my friend what I did. He, a cleric, loves hearing funny stories. When he asked for a name, I told him Gmge. He replied, ecstatically via teamspeak, that he knew who he was, and he hated his guts. For whatever reason, I don’t know, nor care. He came and said he wanted to watch this personally, while I continued to kill the sisters.

The cleric, level 33 at the time I believe, came over and requested that I train him. He conned yellow at the time to the cleric, but that matters not anymore. I trained him again, and to my friend’s extreme amusement, continued to do it a few more times. We were afraid then, that if someone to see us, we would be in trouble, as we were still liking the game then. I had reservations of continuing to train him with my main, but at the same time, my friend wanted him dead… more….

We devised a new plan. Instead of using my main, I was to create an alt; A level 1 whatever alt that was to be deleted and off the records if it was ever traceable. I made a level 1 mage (how appropriate) and memmed my level 1 nuke. I ran from Freeport to OOT, and met up with my cleric friend, who was still watching Gmge idle around. What I did with my mage, If I did it, was I nuked Larisa Gelrith and friends, and ran behind Gmge and died. The cleric would revive the level 1, and we sat and watched happily as the sisters slowly killed him… over… and over... and over. After a while, we even began to make bets on how many times we can kill him with a single train. The average was 2, max was 7 by the way if anyone was wondering. I asked my friend, when do you want to stop? His reply: never, but that wasn’t an option. The cleric watched him go from yellow, to white, to blue and his excitement increased each time. We finally decided a good stopping point is when Gmge conned green to him. Long task ahead of us, but a fun one. This continued to go on for a while; approximately 2 hours in total to kill him that many times. Once he was finally green to the cleric, we decided to just finish what we were doing and continue on our lives.

I deleted the level 1 alt, and he continued to play the game as normal. No one even suspected it was us; probably not even Mr. Witness. Seeing that two weeks has passed and nothing has happened to us, we we’re pretty much scot-free. Well, until I write this…

Oh, allow me to add a little more information. This occurred approximately at 2pm pacific time. Gmge claimed to have picked up his girlfriend for two hours or so, but we checked often if he was back, and he was afk for much, much longer than what he claimed. Reasoning, of course, was to hide the fact he was AFK leveling and to win the crowds, but he fooled no one. The time he realized, and created his post “goodbye” was approximately midnight pacific. Go on, check it.

And so, that’s my story, of how it happened, if I did it. I don’t dislike Gmge, nor do I feel remorse for him or what he has done. He has only brought this upon himself and if I was in a similar position, my actions would likely be similar to how I’ve explained it.

To the Project 1999 community, I thank you for the nostalgia, and I bid you all farewell.

You want my stuff? Negros don’t have nor need much, and the cleric no longer has any items.

Witness
02-18-2010, 02:10 AM
hmm, what do you mean mr witness didn't suspect it? im the one that told you he afk levels and told you we should train him lol, im happy you came out too. btw my alt is dreamcatcher :) the char that told you about gmge.

L2Phantom
02-18-2010, 03:23 AM
Good story, would read again A+++

canardvc
02-18-2010, 06:08 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/36790/1067629-cool_story_bro_super.gif

Karbuk
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
what a fun day

Aaron
02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Negros don’t have nor need much, ...

Hahaha!

The Situation
02-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Nobody else thought that was funny? lol

drplump
02-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I have to admit he has a pretty stable computer and connection to be able to zone 70 times in a row.

Uaellaen
02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
I have to admit he has a pretty stable computer and connection to be able to zone 70 times in a row.

i lol'ed :p

Pikle
02-23-2010, 03:43 PM
SO just getting the rules correct? You can train anyone if they are afk? Although it happens at most zone lines all the time, I assume you can just purposely train someone over and over as long as they are afk and nothing happens! I love this server!

My problem with this whole situation was that since I've started I have probably seen at least 10 people afk lvling, why can't we punish them too? And what about people afking in groups for extended period of time like the new thread? Should we just train them too? Are they as evil as Gmge? Because they leech xp off group members instead of a pet, or is it just mages that we hate.

I completely agree I play a game to play it, not to lvl my char with as much ease as possible. I do know that if AFK lvling wasn't frowned upon or against the rules many more of you would do it. If there was a spot in NFP near the bank that people could sit afk in and get xp every few minutes, they would sit there and go sleep. So many people complain about slow exp and want power lvling yet something that was legal up until the week of the 70 corpse incident is the most evil thing possible, haha. I still think it's funny you guys spent time doing this. The rules had been set in place to tell the gm's about it, they would of ended up banning him, instead he made another char and is sneaking around this server finding who to train. And since you can train anyone once they put up the afk tag, it's game on :)

Aaron
02-23-2010, 03:48 PM
A bard can sit in my group and afk level all he wants if he keeps manasong playing. :p

Pikle
02-23-2010, 03:49 PM
haha I allow that too :) but no other classes!

Trimm
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Since the pet changes, AFK leveling won't 100% go away, but it will be drastically reduced. The case here was an extreme example of an AFK leveler getting trained. Whether or not they planned it, this sends a message to those would would leave their computer for extended periods of time in hostile zones.

If you try to get around legit leveling methods, you risk such a thing happening. I don't think I'd personally train someone who was afk leveling, but I definitely won't shed a tear the next time i see a pile of 70 mage corpses.

Barfight
02-23-2010, 04:09 PM
I ran across your handiwork one day:

Pikle
02-23-2010, 04:12 PM
haha the funny thing is, he could of just got rezzes and lost a lvl or two and kept going. So now he's playing his new necro...

drplump
02-23-2010, 09:55 PM
haha the funny thing is, he could of just got rezzes and lost a lvl or two and kept going. So now he's playing his new necro...

That way he can FD when afk duh.