PDA

View Full Version : Hotzones?

Deecay
11-16-2018, 02:13 AM
So probably not going to get any support on here for this due to it being "Not Classic" but I was sitting there today thinking about how everyone takes the same leveling path of Unrest,MM,CoM, KC ect for the most part and then I was thinking wouldn't it be interesting to get people into different zones by implementing something like the Hotzones they did on live?
Maybe change this up once a month or something, at random, some kind of random generator. Since we'll be getting less quakes now might be an interesting idea.

Zekayy
11-16-2018, 02:18 AM
we wont be getting less quakes its just random anywhere from no quakes that month to 3 quakes that month

Deecay
11-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Well in theory it can be less quakes since instead of "guarenteed" 3 quakes there's the chance of 3 or less, even 0. but that Quake comment was just a side point, even without the change to how that's going to be going I think the idea of randomized Hotzones that change every so often would be interesting and a way to shake up the whole leveling zone equation.

aaezil
11-16-2018, 03:19 AM
Given equal chances of 0 1 2 or 3 quakes theres a 50% chance it will be less quakes overall and a 50% chance it will be more quakes overall or exaxtly the same than before the change.

Not assuming its in anyway random or equal though given 90% of quakes being in the last 5 days/last day of month or whatever.

Maliant
11-16-2018, 03:19 AM
It was a guaranteed 2 a month.

Deecay
11-16-2018, 03:21 AM
Either way the point of this wasn't less or more quakes. Just an idea to shakeup the idea of people going to the same zones over and over again.

aaezil
11-16-2018, 03:24 AM
Theres far better spots with more mobs sitting up all day everyday that people could go to but instead they sit lfg for hours in overpopulated zones lol i just bring my own group to the better zones i think most good players do this too ive noticed. Hotzones would just move the idiots to overcrowd somewhere else.

chevy79bu
11-16-2018, 09:10 AM
I have just recently leveled a monk from 1-45 very quickly using zones like benfallen, runnyeye, najeana, kaesora, tower of frozen shadows, etc etc. I have had alot of fun doing so and met several new people along the way. Normally I would start the session doing a /who all LFG... then keep looking from there based on lvl range. I would either look for a duo or trio and on a few occasions have made full groups. It's not hard to convince people to join you in these zones as like myself most are in it for the adventure. Just be extreemly open minded and screw the min/max or even ideal class combos especially while lvling. If someone is LFG just invite them and dont look back. This doesn't make these zones I to hot zones but man the ZEM in these zones is great! Not to mention you choose your camp without any sort of competition in most cases.

Crede
11-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Theres far better spots with more mobs sitting up all day everyday that people could go to but instead they sit lfg for hours in overpopulated zones lol i just bring my own group to the better zones i think most good players do this too ive noticed. Hotzones would just move the idiots to overcrowd somewhere else.

This is the only solution. Just form your own duo/trio and go exploring. I believe that a good trio is the absolute sweet spot of this game. With the right group, it's social enough and you get to basically see any type of content, use your class to it's fullest potential, and enjoy great xp.

Also, hotzones wouldn't move anybody. They'd still crowd the same easy zones because they are outdoor, lazy xp, and easy to bring reps in.

Nexii
11-16-2018, 10:52 AM
I like the idea of hotzones, and it's classic. If the ZEM is enough people will move

Nephazz
11-16-2018, 11:01 AM
I literally never set foot into any of those zones except KC for maybe 2 blue bubbles. I'm level 54 now.

Immok
11-16-2018, 11:49 AM
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT ...
You have entered Western Plains of Karana.
Your mind reels. A sense of adventure overtakes you.

loramin
11-16-2018, 11:56 AM
I like the idea of hotzones, and it's classic. If the ZEM is enough people will move

I think secretly changing the ZEMs would be classic, because in classic the ZEMs were secret and people didn't know when they changed (I think they announced specific zone changes later, but not during the classic era).

So announced hotzones don't seem classic, but mixing things up with a ZEM change behind the scenes seems like it would be. Plus, one could argue that since the current ZEMs aren't classic anyways, changing them is classic ... or at least, not any less classic than they already are.

Axlrose
11-16-2018, 03:06 PM
Perhaps the opposite - Cold Zones: the greater the daily average a zone has people adventuring within, the lower the overall modifier? The adventure part should be tied into the total number of slain monsters so places like East Commonlands does not decimate the younger crowds fighting in that zone while people buy and sell goods nearby. And perhaps an individual modifier so killing your first Oasis orc gains full experience, but after a couple hundred, a mere trickle instead.

Just some thoughts.

Secrets
11-16-2018, 07:10 PM
While I am a proponent of hotzones, this is not classic and doesn't deserve to be on P99.

loramin
11-16-2018, 08:51 PM
While I am a proponent of hotzones, this is not classic and doesn't deserve to be on P99.

* except a secret one-time mass ZEM change; that would totally be classic ;);)

Tethler
11-16-2018, 09:13 PM
I mostly stick to the usual leveling path because I often only have like 2 hours to play if it's a work day. In that case, I can try to form a group, sometimes taking 30+ mins just to find the bare minimum tank/healer needed (if I even can, because I play off-hours), then get all the people to the zone. Clear in to the camp we want and then have a solid 30 mins to xp. Or, I can log in at CoM, find a group in 5 mins and xp for most of the 2 hours I have. I do it out of necessity rather than desire and I suspect I'm not alone. Hotzones would provide some nice changes in scenery on those days when my time is super limited. That said, there is like 0 chance hotzones will show up on p99. =p

Jimjam
11-17-2018, 02:36 AM
It could be an incentive to encourage bug hunts in otherwise less play tested zones.

Swish2
11-17-2018, 05:04 AM
So probably not going to get any support on here for this due to it being "https://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif"...

Evia
11-17-2018, 10:03 AM
I hope hot zones are a custom content idea. I like the idea a lot even being unclassic.

Tnair
11-17-2018, 10:36 AM
If someone is LFG just invite them and dont look back.

Some of my most enjoyable groups have happened like this; no way would anyone set out to build a group of four rogues, one bard, and one druid, for example. But we were a glorious shredding machine <3

Muggens
11-17-2018, 11:25 AM

Quizlop
11-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Imagine still thinking that P99 is a classic server in the Year of our Lord two thousand and eighteen.

Bboboo
11-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Ro is pretty hot