PDA

View Full Version : Please help on Plane of Sky strategy

Daallee
11-22-2018, 03:05 PM
A few questions about island 6.

Can any of the bees be mezzed? The original 3 bees are only level 55 and the wiki doesn’t say unmezzable, so I should think so. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Has anyone tried Song of Highsun on the bees? The wiki strategy suggests kiting everything but I wonder why the bees couldn’t be sent back to their spawn (repeatedly, if Aggro isn’t dropped) on island 6. Now I would guess that this will only work, if at all, on the 3 original bees, the Bzzazzts. Any attempt on the bees spawned from the Bzzazzts will most likely send them to the corpse of the Bzzazzt that they spawned from. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks for your time!

GinnasP99
11-22-2018, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure highsun works in plane of sky. A lot of spells don't work in this zone. Lev, harmony, coth, eye of zomm. Highsun not working would be pretty consistent with these others.

Daallee
11-22-2018, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure highsun works in plane of sky. A lot of spells don't work in this zone. Lev, harmony, coth, eye of zomm. Highsun not working would be pretty consistent with these others.

I’ll try on a lower island then or wait for someone to chime in who’s tried it. Any intel on mezzing the bees?

Baylan295
11-22-2018, 04:36 PM
I’ll try on a lower island then or wait for someone to chime in who’s tried it. Any intel on mezzing the bees?

They are mezzable but resistant and wreck. My preferred strategy is to rapture, tash, calm, and blur so they go home. Usually we will have someone kite while the enchanters get it on lockdown, but we usually pull them to 5.

Bbeta
11-23-2018, 12:02 PM
Highsun does not work in the plane of sky.

The first 3 bee's can be raptured.

What are you intentions? Maybe we can answer your questions in a manor that might be able to enlighten you. Their are other strats that kills less enchanters in the process.

Puluin
11-24-2018, 02:31 PM
Best/easiest/timely strategy is to just have a bard kite the all the bees... similar to island 2. If you do the camp out for boss bee, will need 3 or 4 people to tag and eat DT while raid is camping. Otherwise just use the exact same kite/tag strat for island 2. It will save you a headache of grief.

feniin
11-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Jav + Rez box pull from 6->5, have someone pull out one of the bees with a dispell staff, both monks flop once tank picks up the intended bee. Other bee(s) return home. Kill first bee, kite split bee(s), bring in one at a time. Rinse and repeat.

Swish2
11-24-2018, 09:52 PM
You gotta bee-lieve

Jimjam
11-25-2018, 10:38 AM
/TT are you the queen's herald

aaezil
11-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Feniin just (kind of badly) told you best way to do bees. GL!

feniin
11-25-2018, 12:57 PM
Feniin just (kind of badly) told you best way to do bees. GL!

Heh, it's easier to show someone than to write out every step. If their monks/sks haven't practiced jav+rez box pulling it's going to be difficult to explain the whole thing and have it make sense. Basically the same thing you do to get Keeper of Souls timer going early.

Bbeta
11-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Heh, it's easier to show someone than to write out every step. If their monks/sks haven't practiced jav+rez box pulling it's going to be difficult to explain the whole thing and have it make sense. Basically the same thing you do to get Keeper of Souls timer going early.

Exploiters! Just jump from 6 to 5. If you can't get good. I do it on my warrior all the time. Rez box is a illegal action in Tov, I think

Daallee
12-03-2018, 11:15 AM
By Rez box, do you mean corpseing to a mob on 5, getting rezzed back to sky, leaving an item on the body and getting another Rez (the box?), going to 6, javelin a bee, and then clicking yes to another Rez? We’ve done the jump with a bard using Selos and their DA song. The main problem is kiting and managing the original adds as well as splits. I am new to this concept. Maybe you could record that strategy or stream it?

Thank you!

Bbeta
12-03-2018, 12:07 PM
By Rez box, do you mean corpseing to a mob on 5, getting rezzed back to sky, leaving an item on the body and getting another Rez (the box?), going to 6, javelin a bee, and then clicking yes to another Rez? We’ve done the jump with a bard using Selos and their DA song. The main problem is kiting and managing the original adds as well as splits. I am new to this concept. Maybe you could record that strategy or stream it?

Thank you!

I could record my jump strat for you when things get worked out with my monks accounts. I get mixed up in some things that I could have avoided on the forums.

As for the Rez box strat. U have it right. Just keep in mind 1000 locations is the leach point. Is this strat acceptable in sky? Idk. I know it's not in tov. I try to avoid it at all costs because of past rulings and suspensions and bans. Also you need to toss then accept the rez before the jav hits the mob. This will still bring down all the bees. Then it's your obligation to either kite the add or have them reset to island 6 via two monks who can communicate and know basic aggro mechanics

Daallee
12-03-2018, 12:35 PM
As for the Rez box strat. U have it right. Just keep in mind 1000 locations is the leach point. Is this strat acceptable in sky? Idk. I know it's not in tov. I try to avoid it at all costs because of past rulings and suspensions and bans. Also you need to toss then accept the rez before the jav hits the mob. This will still bring down all the bees. Then it's your obligation to either kite the add or have them reset to island 6 via two monks who can communicate and know basic aggro mechanics

I don't think there's any controversy of rez boxing in Plane of Sky since we're all in the same guild and not trying to snipe FTE or something. I'm confused what you meant by "1000 locations is the leach point".

So, I am envisioning a duo combination of monks/SKs going up to 6. One person kites all 3 with body aggro. The other person does the jav+rez box to pull a bee down and then both FD when the split bee is on 5 (or 7) at the raid force. Does this work or will the javelin'd bee just start chasing the kiter on 6 again?

Legidias
12-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Toss jav, take rez before jav lands. ez pz

Bbeta
12-03-2018, 10:36 PM
I don't think there's any controversy of rez boxing in Plane of Sky since we're all in the same guild and not trying to snipe FTE or something. I'm confused what you meant by "1000 locations is the leach point".

So, I am envisioning a duo combination of monks/SKs going up to 6. One person kites all 3 with body aggro. The other person does the jav+rez box to pull a bee down and then both FD when the split bee is on 5 (or 7) at the raid force. Does this work or will the javelin'd bee just start chasing the kiter on 6 again?

If youre rez box pull exceeds 1000 locations you will leach.

You need to split the pull on 5 or 7. You will not get a single pull with what you're envisioning. Pull all the mobs on 6 to either 5 or 7. Then split them their. Best way would be to have a kiter on 5 or 7 ready to pick up the mobs from the rez box puller, have the first puller either die or fd. The kiter must have sow, and be someone that can fd. Tag out 1 mob with an fd class, Run it to camp and fd. Then the kiter with the other two mobs fds. And your mobs reset back to 6.

I tag a mob at location 0001 0001 via a well timed jav and rez box, I warp to my corpse at location 1001 0001. I will instantaneously drop aggro due to the leach mechanics recently implemented

MilanderTruewield
12-03-2018, 10:45 PM
Leash. The word is leash. lol.

Daallee
12-04-2018, 08:24 AM
Eureka, thank you! Another question then - Apparently it’s possibly to pull mobs down to island 1 via Aggro + sky port. At least I have seen/heard of the island 4 timer mob and overseer or air being pulled this way. Obviously this pull strat doesn’t follow the 1000 unit leash mechanic then?

Jimjam
12-04-2018, 08:26 AM
Might have a pet running back with the ooa chasing? I dunno

Bbeta
12-04-2018, 10:08 AM
Eureka, thank you! Another question then - Apparently it’s possibly to pull mobs down to island 1 via Aggro + sky port. At least I have seen/heard of the island 4 timer mob and overseer or air being pulled this way. Obviously this pull strat doesn’t follow the 1000 unit leash mechanic then?

Your mixing old strats with a miss understanding of new mechanics. 1000 is the limit regardless of what you do. If u wanted island 4 mobs to 1 you need to pull it off with multiple rez box pullers. Which is a complete waste of time. Just pull the kos trigger to island 2 before you even start clearing it. So kite island 2 have everyone click up then have someone tag a soul carrier and jump down from 4 to 2. Or rez box if nervous about the jump. Problem solved. Next question

Bbeta
12-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Might have a pet running back with the ooa chasing? I dunno

Ooa is not kos

Daallee
12-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Next question

Will the cleric that made the rez box get aggro?

feniin
12-04-2018, 11:03 AM
KoS trigger pull is 4->3->1, first thing you should do before clearing island 1.

feniin
12-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Will the cleric that made the rez box get aggro?

No. And your puller just has to practice clicking the rez box after he throws the jav/shoots the arrow but before it connects. Can do this with KoS trigger, Bees, and Eye of Veeshan.

feniin
12-04-2018, 11:09 AM
KoS trigger pull is 4->3->1, first thing you should do before clearing island 1.

To clarify, you can jump from 4 to 3 and then rez box pull from 3 to 1 all in one motion.

Bbeta
12-04-2018, 12:01 PM
To clarify, you can jump from 4 to 3 and then rez box pull from 3 to 1 all in one motion.

Just kite 2, pull from 4 to 2 and be done with it. All this rez boxing. Exploitation

Daallee
12-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Just kite 2, pull from 4 to 2 and be done with it. All this rez boxing. Exploitation

Lol dude it's part of the game mechanics just like strafe running or any other thing that's just part of playing the game. No one is going to report another for rez-boxing or any other controversial raid-pulling strategy in Sky since the rotation ensures single guild/alliance raiding.

I like the idea of pulling to 3 (it's easier) and rez boxing to 1. Allows the full raid force (non-keyed members) to engage the mob too

Jimjam
12-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Ooa is not kos

but pet can be on his hate list by having the pet hit him, right?

Rygar
12-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Lol dude it's part of the game mechanics just like strafe running or any other thing that's just part of playing the game. No one is going to report another for rez-boxing or any other controversial raid-pulling strategy in Sky since the rotation ensures single guild/alliance raiding.

I like the idea of pulling to 3 (it's easier) and rez boxing to 1. Allows the full raid force (non-keyed members) to engage the mob too

Calling BS, exploiting pathing and mechanics was illegal on live in era. Simple things like nag and vox being hard leashed to their lair was not to be used to a raids advantage (such as for debugging or mana sieving).

Saying "just part of the mechanics" never cut it in the McQuaid era.

Hope new GM enforces this with train up down pulls, Rex box, etc.

Bbeta
12-04-2018, 02:17 PM
but pet can be on his hate list by having the pet hit him, right?

Yes. It also DTs

Daallee
12-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Calling BS, exploiting pathing and mechanics was illegal on live in era. Simple things like nag and vox being hard leashed to their lair was not to be used to a raids advantage (such as for debugging or mana sieving).

Saying "just part of the mechanics" never cut it in the McQuaid era.

Hope new GM enforces this with train up down pulls, Rex box, etc.

I don't care about what McQuaid and classic GMs thought about mechanics. I refuse to believe that "exploiting" the mechanics is grounds for punishment if it isn't used for competitive purposes; why not patch the mechanic then? Show me some evidence that this is disallowed.

feniin
12-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Sky can be done in just over two hours or you can spend 4-5 hours up there.