PDA

View Full Version : Sebilite Protector Camp Rule Clarification

Teppler
11-23-2018, 08:07 AM
He's a 2 hr 45 min spawn. He has a roamer that spawns in his same path.

If you engage the roamer, can someone else pull the protector?

I'm talking to a few different people that regularly do the camp and I'm getting various answers. And tensions are running high.

Yesterday a group and I were finishing off the roaming golem and about to engage the Prot when another duo sniped him.

This morning a duo pulled roamer and I'm questioning if I could take Prot w/ a duo and it would be by the rules. The guy who is doing the roamer is absolutely livid at the suggestion.

I just looking for some consistent ruling on how this works.

Phenyo
11-23-2018, 08:13 AM
Gonna guess that if you're socking the lair and keeping the roamer down waiting for prot then you are 'camping' it. If its up and nothing is clear its FFA.

Ruhtar
11-23-2018, 08:18 AM
Sounds like you were just breaking into the camp or not keeping the spawns down. Either way, you lost.

Legidias
11-23-2018, 08:28 AM
Depends where roamer spawns

Teppler
11-23-2018, 08:29 AM
Sounds like you were just breaking into the camp or not keeping the spawns down. Either way, you lost.

It’s fine either way I just want it consistent cause I was in the situation in reverse this morning. A duo starting clearing roamer and I could skip ahead with my duo partner in the same way and snipe the prot? Definitely no recourse against the snipers in this case?

Let me give another example of this and your thoughts- let’s say a group is clearing to crypt and somebody is following them. The group is clearing all the mobs and is basically there. The follower invises himself past 1 mob the group has to deal with and plops on the most valuable ph in the camp. No recourse against the follower who plopped on the ph right? This would be the same situation I feel.

Phenyo
11-23-2018, 08:49 AM
It’s fine either way I just want it consistent cause I was in the situation in reverse this morning. A duo starting clearing roamer and I could skip ahead with my duo partner in the same way and snipe the prot? Definitely no recourse against the snipers in this case?

Let me give another example of this and your thoughts- let’s say a group is clearing to crypt and somebody is following them. The group is clearing all the mobs and is basically there. The follower invises himself past 1 mob the group has to deal with and plops on the most valuable ph in the camp. No recourse against the follower who plopped on the ph right? This would be the same situation I feel.

If the group has not killed/is keeping the PH down they have no claim to the camp, even if they are clearing in. Allowed? yes. Dick move? maybe.

Teppler
11-23-2018, 08:56 AM
If the group has not killed/is keeping the PH down they have no claim to the camp, even if they are clearing in. Allowed? yes. Dick move? maybe.

This is how I interpreted it. Allowed but really big jerk move. But this seems to be the way the Sebilite Protector camp is moving towards. Very cutthroat. Tensions are starting to run high.

The way it works is the protector has about a 90-95% success rate for killing if you know what you’re doing and you have time to clear stuff. If you leave roamer up, that drops to like I’d say 60-66% success rate. A lot more dangerous. But I guess anyone has to be very careful now if you are clearing roamer and plan to do prot.

aaezil
11-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Lol “camp” rules strike again

aaezil
11-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Seems like everyday there anothing one of these threads plz fix

Rang
11-23-2018, 10:00 AM
This is a quintessential Tepplerian topic. The answer to your question is: go outside (gym, church, school, nature, etc)

Freakish
11-23-2018, 10:06 AM
It's not a jerk thing to contest an uncamped spawn. You mobilized faster, they engaged faster. Keep the roamer down if you want claim to the camp.

MiRo2
11-23-2018, 10:19 AM
Camp/FD/Evac out and let the leap frog duo deal with the roamer?

tranceminus
11-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Sebilite protector, according to wiki, only drops 3 items that are all worth under 1k plat. Why is he desirable? Guessing he also drops spells?

kotton05
11-23-2018, 10:59 AM
That’s training^

Swish2
11-23-2018, 11:06 AM
It's not a jerk thing to contest an uncamped spawn. You mobilized faster, they engaged faster. Keep the roamer down if you want claim to the camp.

I think we need a start line for this one.

GinnasP99
11-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Guessing he also drops spells?

I'm operating under the assumption these nerds are mad about torpor scrolls

Teppler
11-23-2018, 11:16 AM
I'm operating under the assumption these nerds are mad about torpor scrolls

He’s got a good torpor drop rate. The guys at the camp usually are not going to be happy in bringing attention to it. Particularly one insane tempest member.

Swish2
11-23-2018, 11:18 AM
It's not just torpor either, some other decent 59-60 spells.

Doil_Boil
11-23-2018, 11:27 AM
It's not just torpor either, some other decent 59-60 spells.

He drops VoG quite a bit

Troxx
11-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Lol ...

Teppler

Teppler
11-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Lol ...

Teppler

Didn't I teach you how to camp named hiero and then you asked me if I want to start a plan to hold him down permanently? And then you apologized for ever saying anything negative to me on forums. :p

Teppler
11-23-2018, 01:02 PM
He drops VoG quite a bit

I've gotten 2 malo's worth 10k in just 10-15 spawns. I haven't gotten Torpor yet.

Ghostly
11-23-2018, 01:56 PM
"I know this is a complete scumbag move, but would i get in trouble for it?"

Doil_Boil
11-23-2018, 02:17 PM
I've gotten 2 malo's worth 10k in just 10-15 spawns. I haven't gotten Torpor yet.

Divinity used to have a CoH bot set up on poopsock mountain back in the day and we'd coh down and do tola/prot runs every morning. This was back when sneak pulling worked so we could break it really easily

Teppler
11-23-2018, 02:40 PM

I've never done it but I had it happen to me last night.

Currently there's 3 factions of people who camp prot.

I'm one of them and I'm new to the area. The other two factions are this small guild called "Last to Engage" and the Tempest guys Indigence and Bogos. Bogos is a really nice guy but Indigence is steadily losing his mind. He's been at this camp for over a year and I think he's very upset that more are around now. You guys would laugh if I told you some of the stunts he's tried to pull on me like give me incorrect spawn times and try to tell me Prots drops suck among other things.

I was friends with the "Last to Engage' guys and the monk considered us on good terms when he sniped the Prot my parnter and I were clearing towards. I told him I thought his move was in bad taste though. I told him, if he considered me a friend, why not at least give me a heads up that he was going for Prot? I saw him sitting there and thought since we engaged roamer, he was just gonna sit back.

All I really want is the rules consistent so we're all playing by the same rules. Nothing more or less.

Teppler
11-23-2018, 02:48 PM
Divinity used to have a CoH bot set up on poopsock mountain back in the day and we'd coh down and do tola/prot runs every morning. This was back when sneak pulling worked so we could break it really easily

You can still do that. Prot is a duo camp. I see Tola trio'd. If you have the right classes.

kylok
11-23-2018, 05:37 PM

^ thems the rules as far as I know.

Troxx
11-23-2018, 05:51 PM
Didn't I teach you how to camp named hiero and then you asked me if I want to start a plan to hold him down permanently? And then you apologized for ever saying anything negative to me on forums. :p

Methinks you have me confused with somebody that probably doesn’t exist.

Swish2
11-23-2018, 06:05 PM
If you put your characters in your sig he could be sure ^^

aaezil
11-23-2018, 07:53 PM

Tethler
11-23-2018, 09:15 PM
tensions are running high

in Sebilis....in almost-2019

ffs

Menemas
11-23-2018, 09:56 PM
Tensions run high because Teppler is generally an asshole who will do anything he can to get an advantage on you for more pixels....

Troxx
11-23-2018, 11:51 PM
Tensions run high because Teppler is generally an asshole who will do anything he can to get an advantage on you for more pixels....

Synthlol
11-24-2018, 01:22 AM

Protector doesn't have a placeholder.

kylok
11-24-2018, 01:27 AM
In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off.

^ I believe this is what Phenyo is referring to.

Swish2
11-24-2018, 01:33 AM
Perhaps it needs its own set of rules if a start line isn't going to be considered.

Puluin
11-24-2018, 02:05 PM
After reading all the posts here, it's clear the only real solution is to just combine groups as to have one complete group of people fully clearing 1 camp. Share the loot you fools.

Muggens
11-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Gimme the loot, gimme the loot
Whats mines is mines and whats yours is mine

Phenyo
11-24-2018, 02:21 PM
Protector doesn't have a placeholder.

My post was directed at the hypothetical he proposed.

In the case of the protector I would assume it follows a similar ruleset to lucan in that if you are actively clearing the area/room with intent to kill the protector you have right to the mob when it spawns. However if its just up it would be first to engage.

Teppler
11-24-2018, 06:47 PM
After reading all the posts here, it's clear the only real solution is to just combine groups as to have one complete group of people fully clearing 1 camp. Share the loot you fools.

I would group with all of them but they don't want. I was grouping with Indigence for a little while but then he decided he didn't want me in groups some times. One time Bogos and him got prot because my partner was late. Indigence said no to me joining. I said fine, I respect it. Him and Bogos wiped and me and my partner killed prot. The next day I had an argument with Indigence and he said he was pissed I didn't invite him to group after him and Bogos wiped. This guy is out of his mind like this and the type of insanity at this camp currently lol. But it is a very fun camp too.

Jimjam
11-25-2018, 07:37 AM
I think some people just thrive on conflict.

It reminds me when groups set up on the steps south of moat in CoM during XP weekend. They try to claim both arena and moat (even though they are failing to keep either completely clear and can only actually see like 3 spawns).

They then kick up a fuss when someone else understandably sets up in the traditional moat spot and start killing the neglected respawns.

paegan
11-25-2018, 09:39 AM
yikes

Samaritan
11-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Try Red?

Troxx
11-25-2018, 02:54 PM
Try Red?

where nobody plays and all camps are open ... all of the time ...................

aaezil
11-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Try red where there would be nobody there to duo prot with you and nobody to cast torpor on if it dropped besides yourself. Oh and someome would kill you for the camp instead.

Jimjam
11-26-2018, 02:59 AM
Try red where there would be nobody there to duo prot with you and nobody to cast torpor on if it dropped besides yourself. Oh and someome would kill you for the camp instead.

Neither good for people that enjoy conflict nor collaboration then.

Legidias
11-26-2018, 09:37 AM
And no one to sell it to either