PDA

View Full Version : Group Healing Advice

Archalus
12-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Was looking for some opinions, advice and or experiences from clerics in regards to healing in a group. What heals you prefer and when you use them. I've never tried raids but hope to at some point soon.

Everyone seems to feel Complete Heal is a game changer for a cleric but I just find myself avoiding using it. My grouping experiences don't seem to include many true "meat shields". They seem to mainly consist of heavy DPS such as well geared Monks, Rangers and such who while dealing great damage seem to drop their health so fast I'm scared to death using a 10 sec Complete Heal. Not to mention if I wait until 20-30% and there is a druid or shaman in the group they tend to pop a heal off. I think they think i'm AFK or something. So I set up a hot key that cast and gives a count down on when CH will hit and on whom. I understand that just may be something I have to get over and learn to get a better feel for how my group deals with damage. I just can't shake the feeling that Complete Heal is not ideal for any other than true meat shields.

I've been relying heavily on Celestial, especially when the pulls seem to be very consistent. It just feels like I can keep better control over the groups health, if that makes any sense. I've yet to try Remedy, just got last night.

I'm hoping to get some feedback from more experienced players. I realize I still have a lot to learn and just want to try to be as mana efficient as I can be and a Cleric a group can rely on. It's actually the one class I just really enjoy playing. I've pretty much tried them all and a Cleric just fits, if that makes sense.

One thing I must say is I've had nothing but great luck with any group I've been in. Everyone has always been great. Truly a great community.

Legidias
12-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Ask how much HP tank has. Compare with %. Be careful with first few mobs, and then adjust CH time.

CH macro is incredibly common and everyone should use it.

Don't be scared to let their HP drop into 20% (get that purple club).

aaezil
12-01-2018, 10:56 AM
When the tank is fighting a higher lvl (like 56-60) mob your opinion will rapidly change. Fighting lvl 40 mobs or whatever you dont even really need a cleric - offheals do just fine.

elwing
12-01-2018, 01:15 PM
When your tank got 4k+ you just need CH...

Jimjam
12-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Spam your valour sleeves.

Nexii
12-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Healing is all about efficiency (HP:mana ratio). Use Complete Heal when it's more efficient than Celestial Healing.

Celestial Healing is 3.2 HP:mana. So you would have to get at least 400*3.2=1280 HP from Complete Heal for it to be more efficient

clacbec
12-01-2018, 04:21 PM
If you duo with an ench, which is best xp , ch pet +fast heal on ench Will be your best bet. Watch agro and adapt. Dis i mention your stun line?

Archalus
12-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the great feedback guys! I've never tried duo with enchanter. Will have to give it a shot.

misterbonkers
12-02-2018, 03:02 PM
you just gotta get a feel for what calls for what. the only times you're really gonna use complete heal is on tanks, well geared melee, or the enchanter pet you're duoing with. everything else can get divine light or celestial healing/elixir depending on the urgency. or if it's group wide, use heroic bond. it's one of the most efficient heals that also has 0 aggro.

as far as when to use CH on a tank, you just gotta get a feel for the damage coming in. rangers i'll start casting around 50%, pally/SK around 40, warrior around 35%, but these are broad strokes and not a hard rule. ranger main tanking is brutal on a cleric honestly, that's just how it is

Swish2
12-02-2018, 06:24 PM
If the tank isn't holding aggro, call the dps out on slowing down a bit or trying to mitigate the healing problem (monks can FD off their aggro, rogues even with evade failing can back off for a few moments out of melee range, etc)....for me a group heal is a waste of mana, just let the tank drop to 20% and CH unless there's a bad pull and he needs a faster top up.

The only other group members that should need topping up are those with broken charmed pets or the CC'ing bard ^^

elwing
12-02-2018, 11:26 PM
Group heal is for ae, it has no use in regular exp group... If the tank don't hold agro, do what swish said, or better make sure to use a pali or an sk as tank for regular exp group...