PDA

View Full Version : Gm events

natescraigslist
12-03-2018, 06:59 PM
I would like so see more gm events in the future. I know its alot of work to create and run an event of any kind. The early qeynos hills and east karana gm event was one of the funnest things ive been apart of in early EQ, aswell as the races from freeport to qeynos. Maybe the community can assist the guides and gms in the future to make this a posibilty to bring the community together acrost all level ranges for a memorable time, and who doesnt like special gm event trinkets or item prizes of things that no longer drop. Post your ideas hopwfuly thigs gains some traction and takes off

loramin
12-03-2018, 07:35 PM
I don't think the issue is a lack of ideas, I think it's a lack of staff members with both the free time and willingness to conduct such events. They simple reason they haven't happened on P99 (in quite a long time) is that such staff members didn't exist (presumably they were all too busy handling petitions and raid fights).

But on the plus side I believe Rogean has kicked off a recruiting drive, and in one of the threads another staff member (I forget who) answered a poster's question by saying that if they wanted to conduct GM events they should apply to be a GM (implying that the staff was interested in recruiting people to conduct GM events).

Fifield
12-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Just another reason to make me an event guide on p99!!!

make it happen nilbog, 2019, year of P99 events

aaezil
12-03-2018, 08:52 PM
Sounds like more excuses for people to cry that someone else got pixels over them

Xaeophi
12-03-2018, 08:56 PM
An event can still be great if its fun :). Prizes are nice too!
Froglok illusion pots, Can o Kick ass :D.. Fun stuff like that :D

Tupakk
12-03-2018, 09:07 PM
I would like so see more gm events in the future. I know its alot of work to create and run an event of any kind. The early qeynos hills and east karana gm event was one of the funnest things ive been apart of in early EQ, aswell as the races from freeport to qeynos. Maybe the community can assist the guides and gms in the future to make this a posibilty to bring the community together acrost all level ranges for a memorable time, and who doesnt like special gm event trinkets or item prizes of things that no longer drop. Post your ideas hopwfuly thigs gains some traction and takes off

DoF handles all the basic type events. If you want to see something formed, contact Sorn on the forums and she will direct you on how its setup.

natescraigslist
12-03-2018, 09:11 PM
I agree its probably the amount of work to be done to create such events and coding ect that goes along with it is alot. Its gona be done by people spending time on a project like gm events that may be hard to set aside the time to complete in one hand and then run the event too. Maybe somehow they can recruit the community and new guides to somehow work together to accomplish something awesome that isnt a burden or taxing to the staff they already have there hands full lets be honest.

Vilkata
12-03-2018, 10:46 PM
I think there was an event on live servers added a few years back where guilds could "run the gauntlet" of raid dragons and see how far they could get. That would be a great yearly event for this server.
Could even have lower level events for each level range, 10, 20 etc. Protect the lower level events from interference by having mobs banish players over the lvl cap.

Nexii
12-03-2018, 11:02 PM
A drunken dark elf orgy with lots of BDSM and lesser races to serve drinks would be a fun event. Finishing with an appearance by Innoruuk or Lloth (can use drider female model). All the drunken revelers would then be forced to pay tribute by slaying the disposble servants in PvP combat. The servant who dies last would get a Guise, and the dark elf with the most kills would get a Manastone or HEBs

Xaeophi
12-03-2018, 11:07 PM
A drunken dark elf orgy with lots of BDSM and lesser races to serve drinks would be a fun event. Finishing with an appearance by Innoruuk or Lloth (can use drider female model). All the drunken revelers would then be forced to pay tribute by slaying the disposble servants in PvP combat. The servant who dies last would get a Guise, and the dark elf with the most kills would get a Manastone or HEBs

I liked how it started off. But prizes that big would make people nerd rage if they didn't get something

Nexii
12-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Yea that's kinda the point, lots of Hate directed at the two winners

loramin
12-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Yea that's kinda the point, lots of Hate directed at the two winners

https://i.imgur.com/TziaAMg.gif