PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of the Hole: Wedar's Monk Solo Camp

Rygar
12-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Hey Y'all,

Have received a lot of PMs asking where a good spot for a monk is in the Hole. Firstly, when I did this camp, I had IFS, 24% haste item, and epic (I do not believe in Fungi's!). I also did not have my Velious invigorate BP until level 60. I would recommend the summoned shuriken velious bracer or some other method (hammers?) for infinite throwing items.

I went up here and leveled 57-60 solo, but could probably do 55 if you had better gear. I definitely needed in combat bind wound to be efficient.

I also recommend resist gear, try to get to 100 MR on harvesters, and 100 MR / 150 FR for wizards (they have a nasty fire nuke that can hit for like 600).

Some people like to carry a DS pot for hard fights, but I never used em. Would def make some of the named fights easier though.

Here is an image of the camp with the mobs mapped out:
https://i.imgur.com/Nu4kAao.jpg

Check out the general Hole map on the wiki to see where this is, it is the top of the castle you see when dropping in the pit. Sneak/Flop your way up there and get to the resting point.

The rest area is by a door that a pather comes out of, important to sneak while there because if you do he paths away and doesn't agro you, then you can flop for him on the way back if you aren't ready.

Also, is very important to fight along the ledge I outlined, if you don't and there are cleric mobs up in the building, they will CHeal the mob you are fighting. But at the extreme part of this ledge they are all out of range (you'll get the hang of it). Also don't worry, you can't fall off this ledge, there is an invisible wall preventing you from doing so.

My basic kill strategy was to use 2hb and unequip to do the extra hand to hand hit trick, and in combat bind wound. For casters, I would still do this but when they start casting unequip 2hb to use epic fists for push interrupts (can sometimes disrupt nukes, can always interrupt CHeals).

You can try and get the hang of it, and it doesn't always work... but for some cleric mobs, I find if you engage and feign at the right moment, they'll start casting a buff right away with a semi-long cast time. This allowed me to get a few free rounds of combat in.

I listed the kill order on mobs I used:
1 - Roamer out the door, fight on ledge
2 - Stationary guard, pull to ledge
3 - Roamer inside castle, pull to ledge
4 - Stationary guard inside room... to get solo SNEAK as you open door, then just melee him and run out to ledge. Mob across room shouldn't agro
5 - Mob inside room (is lower level than rest, but will agro as you walk past). Pull to ledge
6 - Guard inside room, pull to ledge
7 - Mob inside room, OK to fight on spawn point if you are ahead of repops
8 - Stationary mob, but careful as bridge pather roams past him. Could pull 9 instead depending on timing
9 - Bridge roamer. FYI fighting this guy on that long suspended bridge makes you feel like an ultimate bad ass, like you conquered the zone. Highly recommended.

If you want to skip mob 5 (the low level mob which may be green at 57-60). You could then do 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8/9.

Also, mobs will stay social rooted and not flee, I would typically flop at like 8-10% so they ran slower before reaching other mobs healing range, but feel it out for yourself.

All I can say is be prepared, bring lots of bandages (can used factioned toon to drop transfer, or brell mage to summon / drop) at least 3 root nets for when named mobs show up.

For named mobs, I would do as follows (Be sure you are full HP with mend and disc up to be safe):
Rocksoul / Muck Covered Elemental - These are rogue mobs that can backstab for 400+ so careful if pulling away. They are the easiest named and can generally be straight fought. But if things get hairy, root net and back away and bind wounds using in-combat trick. Pro tip is to continue throwing shuriken at them while binding (it won't break the binding). If you get a long root you can do some serious damage (I've done around 300 dmg or so).
Stonegrinder Minion - Warrior mob like Gibartik but less HP, basic root net style fight.
Gibartik - He's a warrior mob with like 10k hp, but can def take him out with root nets. Your call on disc, can pop damage or use stonestance as I did to reserve some HP.
Stonesoul the Unmoving - Cleric mob who can CHeal, and is actually one of the harder ones due to his HP and can't root net him (or he'll heal himself). I would basically need to gauge the fight as it went (be sure you are 100+ MR if possible), interrupt nukes where I could, then if fight seemed feasible pop damage discipline to get him to 40% range. At that point he spams complete heal and you can easily interrupt him until he's dead.
bejeweled elemental - Basically a harder elemental wizard with more HP and deadlier nukes. Can cast ice comet and land for full damage, so careful with this one and feign early if you thing it isn't going your way. Can root net to heal but get out of line of sight to avoid nukes.

Don't expect a ton of loot here, save Drops of Mercury for tunnel selling (at the time was 20p a piece from Stockmarket). But you can get ruby crowns and 50-100pp unstackable droppables. Can hammer and sell and get back to camp, flop to porters which is harder, or drop transfer to a factioned mule (I leveled a brell gnome wizard to give loam to so I could port and give to EC mule). I think after parsing logs I made around 34k from vendor trash + loam sales (leveling 56-60).

Its basically a nice exp camp you can solo if you are interested in exp. You will get some green exp cons starting 59 or so, but I still kept at it. If a 2nd monk shows at the camp group and you guys can wreck a ton more mobs, even golems. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. Camp isn't necessarily just for monks, I think if you had an enchanter there it would be super easy, even SK to some degree.

Legidias
12-07-2018, 10:08 AM
Monks have an invigorate BP?

Bbeta
12-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Monks have an invigorate BP?

Thurg, kael, Ss, pogrowth quest cheat peice

Daallee
12-07-2018, 11:08 AM
I'm a 55 human monk and with resist gear equipped at around 920 AC, 100 MR, and 115 FR. I have SoS, epic, and thurg bracer. I'm familiar with combat BW. Will I be able to do this or no?

Rygar
12-07-2018, 12:13 PM
I'm a 55 human monk and with resist gear equipped at around 920 AC, 100 MR, and 115 FR. I have SoS, epic, and thurg bracer. I'm familiar with combat BW. Will I be able to do this or no?

What do you have for a haste item? 55 up there can be tough, i recommend staying in the pit area until 57. There will be some 'light blue' cons but they will be easy to plow through, and there are a few of the higher level mobs that path out of the castle that you can test cutting your teeth on.

I hope to make more posts revealing all the secret camps and tricks in the Hole, so stay tuned.

Also, at 55 entrance isn't terrible, but the splitting is a bit annoying. People complain they have little room on the platform before the water, but after I split them I would fight them a bit on the ground then at maybe 40-50% I would run into the water and go to the far corner, when they got low on HP I could usually finish them off before they reached help.

Legidias
12-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that (since so many / most monks skip the velious BP).

It's also not under the Wiki Invigorate (Items with effect) section.

Rygar
12-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that (since so many / most monks skip the velious BP).

It's also not under the Wiki Invigorate (Items with effect) section.

Careful, Loramin is like Voldemort. If you whisper wiki or green server he shows up!

P.S. shamen root rotting elementals with epic is pretty clutch as well due to low hp. Can take steps to avoid casters. Slow+Pet not bad either.

Nexii
12-07-2018, 12:58 PM
I was really excited until I read the subtitle

Pringles
12-07-2018, 01:05 PM
An excellent first try I must say. Now that the reconnaissance and assessment phase is over lets prep another expedition this time too map the ancient environs. While this author's work is rich in ancedontal detail if we are ever to further our understanding we must have an accurate mapping for the purgatory of Paineel.

C.
Imperial Cartographer of Cabilis

ZiggyTheMuss
12-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Just want to say thank you for your awesome hole guide! I had never been past the ent or past the drop down by Yael on live and now I have explored pretty much everywhere thanks to your guide :D

Daallee
12-07-2018, 04:18 PM
What do you have for a haste item?

Just the 21% haste belt from sky. Thanks for the advice and not flaming me for being human =)

Swish2
12-07-2018, 05:23 PM
I was really excited until I read the subtitle

Not erotic enough?

Nexii
12-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Not erotic enough?

You gotta admit Secrets of the Hole would be an A+ erotic story title

Secrets
12-07-2018, 05:47 PM
You gotta admit Secrets of the Hole would be an A+ erotic story title

don't lewd me

Swish2
12-07-2018, 05:47 PM
lol

loramin
12-07-2018, 06:06 PM
Careful, Loramin is like Voldemort. If you whisper wiki or green server he shows up!

P.S. shamen root rotting elementals with epic is pretty clutch as well due to low hp. Can take steps to avoid casters. Slow+Pet not bad either.

:eek: From anyone else I might have taken offense to that, but you can call me Voldemort anytime Rygar (Wedar? Do you have a preference?)

Tecmos Deception
12-07-2018, 06:26 PM
Great post!

commongood
12-07-2018, 06:30 PM
Great post Rygar! If you get a chance, check my pm from a few weeks ago :)

Kesselring
12-09-2018, 05:23 AM
Was just suggesting this to my buddy. The wizards at the castle top are nice because you can use epic push to mitigate their succesful casts and you gain efficiency since those mobs will not damage you while casting. Of course you wont interrupt every cast though.

elwing
12-09-2018, 07:10 AM
How does exp compare with entrance, are they higher lvls? As a sk splitting entrance is trivial but lots are light blue there at 57...

Rygar
12-09-2018, 08:57 AM
How does exp compare with entrance, are they higher lvls? As a sk splitting entrance is trivial but lots are light blue there at 57...

Definitely higher levels, I would guess 43 - 45 as there are bless at 60 but also light blue cons.

Arkanjil
12-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Great guide! Man, I’m jealous of you monks/SK melees with FD!