PDA

View Full Version : ST Warders suggestion

Arkanjil
12-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Sleepers Tomb will always stay as version 1.0. If you kill all 4 Warders the Sleeper awakens and Death touches the zones for 4 hours and corpse camps the people that pissed him off. Then he goes back to sleep and the Warders spawn again normally.(At some point in the future we may enable 2.0 for a week after killing the Sleeper...then have it revert back to 1.0 for all the players who are illusion OCD)

Taken from p2002, seems like a good idea...what do you all think? Would let people experience killing warders in ST and getting ST items they always dreamed about.

I realize it will probably never happen, but I think this seems reasonable for a server that ain't going anywhere.

loramin
12-12-2018, 07:18 PM
This topic was discussed heavily before Velious was even released. Personally I was a huge fan of the "Sleeper gets to keep wrecking havoc on Norath repeatedly" plan.

However, from those discussions it seems pretty clear that the devs knew all the options (including your's) and went with perma-death anyway. So, unless the devs have had a change of heart in the last few years, I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of things changing.

Nommis
12-12-2018, 07:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1MPSJ7T.gif

feniin
12-12-2018, 07:21 PM
There should be a quest to re-imprison Kerafyrm. And after he's awoken, your ST key is melted/you're locked out of the tomb permanently. Or 2.0. Whatevs.

Twochain
12-12-2018, 07:32 PM
It would be exciting to have more raid targets to go after. The items are.. a bonus. But most of everything that is BiS comes from outside of ST..... except lungi which is ugly AF.

Why wouldn't they reset them honestly? It didn't matter on live because new content was out all the time... plus not every server even woke the sleeper. There aren't very many good reasons to keep the Warders dead IMO.

Evia
12-12-2018, 08:18 PM
There aren't very many good reasons to keep the Warders dead IMO.

Part of the awesomeness of The Sleeper is knowing he can only be woken up once. He was legendary on all of our live servers, due to this and his extreme difficulty.

I suppose if they wrote it in as custom content and did some sort of quest that fit with the lore, to find and re-imprison him could be the loophole that keeps the spirit of classic while also allowing a reset?

azeth
12-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Nah

Wonkie
12-12-2018, 08:28 PM
perma despawn all the mobs and let gnomes climb the walls for adventures

Freakish
12-12-2018, 08:42 PM
I want an entire guild full of casters to all agree this is a good and fun idea and then I'll add my support. Warders are boring.

Hjialx
12-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Would quit playing P99. Not classic. Before all the “just leave then nobody would miss you” comes up. Perfectly aware. Would be some fairy bs to imprison the sleeper again. No thanks

Wonkie
12-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Would quit playing P99. Not classic. Before all the “just leave then nobody would miss you” comes up. Perfectly aware. Would be some fairy bs to imprison the sleeper again. No thanks

sir this is a game with magic and elves

m00r5tuD
12-12-2018, 09:21 PM
It bothered me how much the <Rampage> neckbeards were getting off at ruining the zone right before they left the server saying "they beat EQ" or some garbage so I'd be for all for undoing that :p .

Plus you know, 4 more boss mobs to kill on a timelocked server with limited content would be cool.

baub
12-12-2018, 09:29 PM
op if you're having trouble sleeping because you can't stop thinking about loot you can never acquire might i recommend a bottle of nyquil

UnHoLyPoWeR
12-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Everquest has always been more fun journey wise and less fun destination wise. Don't lose sleep over not being sweaty enough to get the Warder loot.

Also shits classic so forget about it, enjoy the fact we get to experience this game again as close as we can to the real thing in the past.

Quizlop
12-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Also shits classic so forget about it, enjoy the fact we get to experience this game again as close as we can to the real thing in the past.

Reminder that Project 1999 is not, and will never be, a "Classic" Everquest server so long as there are non-Classic changes that have been intentionally implemented by the devs.

Mead
12-12-2018, 11:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JwZRyo3.jpg

Oleris
12-12-2018, 11:40 PM
There are easily 3-4 guilds that could compete for the mobs. Make Sleepers Tomb great again!

UnHoLyPoWeR
12-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Reminder that Project 1999 is not, and will never be, a "Classic" Everquest server so long as there are non-Classic changes that have been intentionally implemented by the devs.

Yes and most of those changes are because it's 2018 and everyone's an Everquest Encyclopedia for a really old game. Everyone including myself who wasn't already an adult by the time Everquest was released was a derpy kid running around in a world we never thought would exist and had trouble even navigating.

Since then thousands of intricacies have been done over and over in other MMOs and even more advanced gameplay mechanics have been mastered. Which makes almost everything in Everquest trivial for the above average MMORPG gamer (given they have played before and understand it's harsh world).

Reminder that I was playing here almost 5 years presumably before you started playing. :cool:

I've been playing on this server since almost the beginning and my Magician was in his mid 50s before the 50% pet exp change went into effect for instance.

I also started playing EQ Live in Kunark like most of this playerbase and played through PoP and can remember a lot of mechanics surprisingly from that time.

I don't want to start a war but trust me when I say I have a good confidence about what is and isn't classic here. I am glad and thankful I get to play here regardless, for free mind you, and get as close as this to classic EQ.

RIP retired pixels boys

branamil
12-13-2018, 12:15 AM
It was a bad idea to permanently delete 4 raids from a time locked server.

fan D
12-13-2018, 12:22 AM
heres a couple pic of my primals, hope this helps

https://i.imgur.com/5fvTqhp.png
https://i.imgur.com/fkDNhX9.png
https://i.imgur.com/xIsKnIC.jpg

i have the sword, hammer, spear

Pint
12-13-2018, 12:46 AM
Wtb a few guises while we're at it

Naerron
12-13-2018, 12:46 AM
So i have two ideas and i think both would be amazing

1. There be a 5% chance on an earthquake for a ST repop.

2. There is a quest that is more so based on doing triggered fights than camping items, but true to EQ there should be some items.

The quest line involves breaking the news to naggy and vox their child is dead, and then them hatching a plan to make another prismatic dragon baby.

At the end of this quest line there is a large event, similar to something like the ring war event at the end of the ring quest, but it would be to fight off dragons that are trying to stop naggy and voxx, in the end the new prismatic dragon is palced in ST with old or new warders, and naggy and voxx and once again split up.

On the flip side of this, say if you were on CoV faction or something, the war could end with you slaying naggy and voxx, or perhaps something of the sort. Would be neat to set guilds against each other with opposing PVE goals that don't involve going for the same mob, but being on different sides of the same coin would be neat.

mr_jon3s
12-13-2018, 01:04 AM
Wipe it clean. It's the only solution.

Arkanjil
12-13-2018, 01:05 AM
op if you're having trouble sleeping because you can't stop thinking about loot you can never acquire might i recommend a bottle of nyquil

Na, I got my primals, so I'm not really concerned with it. But, it would be a neat idea and give the 3-4 guilds that compete in ST 4 new targets and some funny videos of Kerafyrm rampaging around.

Mead
12-13-2018, 01:52 AM
Na, I got my primals, so I'm not really concerned with it. But, it would be a neat idea and give the 3-4 guilds that compete in ST 4 new targets and some funny videos of Kerafyrm rampaging around.

If you know management will never let this happen why even waste your time with this thread? Is it like the luclin threads where they had to actually come out and say it will never happen? So now we just quote Haynar. Or are you just fantasizing?

Arkanjil
12-13-2018, 01:57 AM
Sometimes it's just fun discussing things with people, even though you know it won't happen.

Mead
12-13-2018, 02:19 AM
Sometimes it's just fun discussing things with people, even though you know it won't happen.

Gotcha

Enjoy then

Twochain
12-13-2018, 03:47 AM
Yes and most of those changes are because it's 2018 and everyone's an Everquest Encyclopedia for a really old game. Everyone including myself who wasn't already an adult by the time Everquest was released was a derpy kid running around in a world we never thought would exist and had trouble even navigating.

Since then thousands of intricacies have been done over and over in other MMOs and even more advanced gameplay mechanics have been mastered. Which makes almost everything in Everquest trivial for the above average MMORPG gamer (given they have played before and understand it's harsh world).

Reminder that I was playing here almost 5 years presumably before you started playing. :cool:

I've been playing on this server since almost the beginning and my Magician was in his mid 50s before the 50% pet exp change went into effect for instance.

I also started playing EQ Live in Kunark like most of this playerbase and played through PoP and can remember a lot of mechanics surprisingly from that time.

I don't want to start a war but trust me when I say I have a good confidence about what is and isn't classic here. I am glad and thankful I get to play here regardless, for free mind you, and get as close as this to classic EQ.

RIP retired pixels boys

lol stop bn a gatekeeper brah

I'm all for preserving classic too. Resetting the sleeper would be less non-classic then 25 PBAOE limit, IMO. AT least it's a coin flip whether your server woke the sleeper or not. Everyone could hit more then 25 targets if they were near you when the spell lands, regardless if it you were getting -5 FPS or not.

Either way, i do agree with the enjoying it part. I really do! I dreamed about playing classic EQ since 2005. I don't lose sleep over missing out on warder loot. Would just be nice to do, since i didn't start raiding until 2017

UnHoLyPoWeR
12-13-2018, 08:11 AM
lol stop bn a gatekeeper brah

I'm all for preserving classic too. Resetting the sleeper would be less non-classic then 25 PBAOE limit, IMO. AT least it's a coin flip whether your server woke the sleeper or not. Everyone could hit more then 25 targets if they were near you when the spell lands, regardless if it you were getting -5 FPS or not.

Either way, i do agree with the enjoying it part. I really do! I dreamed about playing classic EQ since 2005. I don't lose sleep over missing out on warder loot. Would just be nice to do, since i didn't start raiding until 2017
You quoted my shit but didn't read it I guess. Not once did I say I was against resetting ST. The message of both of my posts was just acceptance of whatever the dev's decide if you actually read them.(Which should probably be just about everyones sentiment considering not one of the dev's owes us anything, least of all these retired pixels everyones fiending about in this thread) Haha but nah I'm a gatekeeper, pixels are blinding your reading comprehension.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a Shroud of Longevity or Mask of Tinkering one day, but then it wouldn't be Everquest. A big part of Everquest's draw for me and I'm sure almost everyone elses (with or without realizing it) was the fact that there was always shit I wouldn't understand or would never be able to get, chasing the dragon or white whale if you will. Without that draw, it diminishes Everquest.

No idea why you are trying to explain non-classic shit to me like I wasnt there when the changes dropped so I'll give another example of my past. I bought a Burnt Wood Staff for 17k BEFORE Chardok AoE was even a thing. Been here awhile dudes, just saying.

So I'll end with this, regardless of what they do I'll be happy man, if you want my opinion, yes I'm leaning on the side of leaving things retired and I explained why but I wouldn't be hurt with either result. We are all here for the pixels.

Maybe us lucky bastards will get another chance on Green one day regardless. :D

kotton05
12-13-2018, 08:21 AM
Aftermath begging for warder loot I lol’d good one

YendorLootmonkey
12-13-2018, 08:52 AM
The quest line involves breaking the news to naggy and vox their child is dead, and then them hatching a plan to make another prismatic dragon baby.

At the end of this quest line there is a large event, similar to something like the ring war event at the end of the ring quest, but it would be to fight off dragons that are trying to stop naggy and voxx...

If Nagafen isn't humping Vox the entire duration of this ring-war style event, complete with dragon thrusting animations and a 10,000-hp direct damage 1,000-unit range PBAOE upon dragon climax, I'm not interested.

Twochain
12-13-2018, 08:54 AM
You quoted my shit but didn't read it I guess. Not once did I say I was against resetting ST. The message of both of my posts was just acceptance of whatever the dev's decide if you actually read them.(Which should probably be just about everyones sentiment considering not one of the dev's owes us anything, least of all these retired pixels everyones fiending about in this thread) Haha but nah I'm a gatekeeper, pixels are blinding your reading comprehension.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a Shroud of Longevity or Mask of Tinkering one day, but then it wouldn't be Everquest. A big part of Everquest's draw for me and I'm sure almost everyone elses (with or without realizing it) was the fact that there was always shit I wouldn't understand or would never be able to get, chasing the dragon or white whale if you will. Without that draw, it diminishes Everquest.

No idea why you are trying to explain non-classic shit to me like I wasnt there when the changes dropped so I'll give another example of my past. I bought a Burnt Wood Staff for 17k BEFORE Chardok AoE was even a thing. Been here awhile dudes, just saying.

So I'll end with this, regardless of what they do I'll be happy man, if you want my opinion, yes I'm leaning on the side of leaving things retired and I explained why but I wouldn't be hurt with either result. We are all here for the pixels.

Maybe us lucky bastards will get another chance on Green one day regardless. :D

Possibru i'm sleep deprived

Muggens
12-13-2018, 09:02 AM
If Nagafen isn't humping Vox the entire duration of this ring-war style event, complete with dragon thrusting animations and a 10,000-hp direct damage 1,000-unit range PBAOE upon dragon climax, I'm not interested.

Same here

Bbeta
12-13-2018, 09:38 AM

Best post 2018

Rygar
12-13-2018, 11:02 AM
Best post 2018

I've had better.

dcrag
12-13-2018, 11:17 AM
I've seen/farmed warders on other servers - SoD's and lungis and stuff are nice but, the classic thing to do is leave em dead.

I want em sure, but - it'd piss a lot of people off - I don't think it'd do anything but help the server (more competition for better items) but, depends on the mechanics of their respawn.

aaezil
12-13-2018, 11:43 AM
You will forever be #2 just let it go man

loramin
12-13-2018, 01:17 PM
the classic thing to do is leave em dead.

Yes, but ... the classic thing was also to have a new expansion with better loot less than a year after Velious's release. P99 is deliberately un-classic in that regard.

So while I'm 100% in support of this server's classic mission on everything that isn't permanent, the word "permanent" means something VERY different here than it did on live. Instead of "permanent" = < 1 year, "permanent" here actually means permanent (forever).

This is why I believe the most classic thing possible ... ESPECIALLY since the explicit purpose of this server is to let people play (or replay) what they missed (or want to relive) from back in 99-01 ... would be for the Sleeper to be re-awakenable here (perhaps once a year).

Legday
12-13-2018, 01:40 PM
If you know management will never let this happen why even waste your time with this thread? Is it like the luclin threads where they had to actually come out and say it will never happen? So now we just quote Haynar. Or are you just fantasizing?

I don't really care if they do it or not, but its not the same thing as Luclin at all.

They've said repeatedly (and very recently) that they will release custom content. It would make sense to release something where a lot of the leg work is already done (i.e. the zone and mobs are already created) and the theme of the most recent xpac, Velious, is still going. I don't think its at all crazy to think the custom content would involve some version of an ST reset.

Kaezyr D`Shiv
12-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Maybe the warders are still in game and just have just a 5 year respawn time... Did you ever think.of that!?

Get out those socks, line em up and sell all your razors!!

Mead
12-14-2018, 02:53 AM
I don't really care if they do it or not, but its not the same thing as Luclin at all.

They've said repeatedly (and very recently) that they will release custom content. It would make sense to release something where a lot of the leg work is already done (i.e. the zone and mobs are already created) and the theme of the most recent xpac, Velious, is still going. I don't think its at all crazy to think the custom content would involve some version of an ST reset.

I’m sure it’s going to be raining SoDs and monk robes in no time