PDA

View Full Version : Lanys T'Vyl server

ineubis
12-13-2018, 11:48 AM
Anyone here from that server? I played there from 1999-2002.

I played Reptilicus Maximus - IKS SHM

Anyone from Order of the Ebon Tear (merged with Silent Avengers, merged with Mithril Web) play P99?

Moerne
12-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Hi there Reptilicus! I was on the Lanys server, MischiefnMayhem guild which morphed into Iris. I was also involved in the second incarnation of Fallen Legacy under Taliesn/Leolan. I don't remember you but I do remember the guilds you were in.

There are a few other ex-Lanysites floating around, for a while we had a guild arm of Vita Infinita here with a bunch of old school Lanys people, but most of them have moved on.

ineubis
12-13-2018, 02:45 PM
a bunch of old school Lanys people, but most of them have moved on.

Well maybe they'll come back some day. I started here a little less than 2 years ago, but just recently became more active on the forums here so I figured I would ask. Thank you for the reply! Those were good times :)

Swish2
12-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Briefly. It was a new server, but they released ANOTHER new server (Luclin) shortly after so I kept jumping ship and leaving my old characters behind :p

Dolalin
12-14-2018, 02:24 AM
I played on Lanys. Dolalin, necro in TSO.

kaev
12-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Briefly. It was a new server, but they released ANOTHER new server (Luclin) shortly after so I kept jumping ship and leaving my old characters behind :p

^^

Jimjam
12-14-2018, 12:20 PM

You can't beat that new server smell!

I believe I moved my shaman Gincide to Lanys from Druzzil to play with some IRL friends that I discovered were also EQ fans. Playing with IRL friends is the best, especially when you can all get in a room together!

That said, I actually enjoyed Antonius Bayle as a server more. Open Time and CoA raids instead of aggressive over competitivity.

Freakish
12-14-2018, 03:20 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Player_List#Lanys_T.27Vyl

ineubis
12-14-2018, 03:39 PM
wow I had no idea that list existed (or I would have looked there instead).

Thank you for sharing.

Expediency
12-15-2018, 04:29 PM
I played on Lanys. Dolalin, necro in TSO.

I played on lanys starting in dec 99. The Shadow Order? I remember that character. Unfortunately back then I was a teenager and made no attempt to hide my identity so I cant post my char name!

Also there was a player on Lanys named "emmin" who was a fairly well known and active mage. The char on p99 is not the same person, I have found out the hard way.

Crico
12-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Yeah my family played on lanys probably from 2000 - 2005
Mercadoe
Ykkee
Cruuel
These were characters that my dad and I played as I was a teen then