PDA

View Full Version : That freaking royal fish in Lake Rathe

Primordial Ooze
12-16-2018, 10:35 AM
I had to forage an item there and was swimming around bored and killing things. I didn't know that one damn fight would take me from kindly to dubious with light elf clerics.

I'm raising it back up with bone chips, but my real concern is that I'm now indifferent in POG. Anyone know if the bone chips quests raise that faction too, or am I stuck here? Can I still do Gloves of Earthcrafting/Tunarean signet ring quests at indifferent?

Sorn
12-16-2018, 04:30 PM
YOU KILLED PRINCESS LENYA YOU FOOL
https://wiki.project1999.com/A_royal_fish

Tunarean Signet quest involves the Tunarean Court faction, which is separate from factions in Felwithe. This is raised only through the various subquests + one or two others.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Friend_of_the_Tunarean_Court

You should be able to raise the three factions listed in the wiki page with various quests.

Swish2
12-16-2018, 05:32 PM
Description

This fish is more than just a fish. Do NOT kill it if you don't want to be instantly KOS with nearly every High Elf NPC in the world.

Factions

Anti-mage (-30)
Clerics of Tunare (-30)
King Tearis Thex (-30)

"-30" might need an adjustment? What would be the true value?

Jauna
12-16-2018, 09:23 PM
Huh, so assuming the Kromzek scope part of this quest is +20 like some of the others that might be the easiest quest to repeat for PoG faction.

Maelstrom
12-16-2018, 09:47 PM
I wish they kept the high level Megalodon in Lake Rathe as they did in beta.

Sorn
12-16-2018, 10:08 PM
"-30" might need an adjustment? What would be the true value?

No idea but any values like that on the wiki are so wrong they weren't even right on live and some foolish but well-intentioned person added them to every goddamn mob page so it's quite a task to fix them.

If the drop was from kindly to dubious then it's more likely in the hundreds, not the tens.

mr_jon3s
12-17-2018, 12:18 AM
They did add a /faction on live which shows you all your factions now in xp bar form.

Tethler
12-17-2018, 12:23 AM
Oh neat, the pally shield from that princess quest isn't a terrible back item.

Wonkie
12-17-2018, 12:26 AM
They did add a /faction on live which shows you all your factions now in xp bar form.

curious i havent heard more about this on here. base factions are absolutely available and its time for the tears to flow.

Secrets
12-17-2018, 01:45 AM
Factions on live differ from back in 2001. Most of the hits are still accurate though.

Sorn
12-17-2018, 02:01 PM
curious i havent heard more about this on here. base factions are absolutely available and its time for the tears to flow.

This is currently still on test but you can bet EQEmu devs are all over it...

p99 base factions are somewhat wrong all over the place so you are right, if that change makes it to here then there will be a lot of tears XD

Mblake1981
12-17-2018, 05:47 PM
I wish they kept the high level Megalodon in Lake Rathe as they did in beta.

I remember the rumor of a monster in lake rathe. Running over the water with lev on and you notice it start blinking.. forehead sweat begins to form.