PDA

View Full Version : shaman cannibalizing and healing

knottyb0y
12-18-2018, 08:31 PM
Is it even remotely efficient to cannibalize (canni 2) multiple times then cast Superior Heal to get health back?

Cen
12-18-2018, 11:28 PM
Is it even remotely efficient to cannibalize (canni 2) multiple times then cast Superior Heal to get health back?

Let me check..

Mana 0
Canni II
1 : Decrease Hitpoints by 67
2 : Increase Mana by 30 (L39) to 36 (L60)

Mana 150
Greater Heal
Mends major wounds, healing between 244 and 270 hit points. 1.8 HP/mana; 45 HP/sec.

So..

150/36 = 4.16 casts of canni equals a greater heal
causes 268 damage for 4 casts, giving 144 mana

or 335 damage at 180

average of course being
279 for 150

So it barely breaks positive of 9 hp for the mana cost average, for a lot of wasted time that you would have gotten more mana just sitting for that time.

Answer is no.

fastboy21
12-18-2018, 11:30 PM
It depends what you mean by efficient. I think you probably intend to mean useful (since I presume you can do the math on your own).

The short answer is that it probably isn't useful to canni yourself down and cast direct heals on yourself until you get torpor at 60.

You are much more likely to canni/dance while you have worn (fungi) and/or cast (fungi staff or regen line) on you...which is extremely useful.

You can tinker with this depending on your play style. Depending on your grp you might not need to do it at all. You might be able to rely on another player healing you (cleric or necro are excellent partners for this). You might be able to keep up while in lazy mode. When you wind up the only slower and main healer you will almost certainly find yourself constantly behind and trying to keep up...and thats when maxing your regen with canni dancing will actually come in.

BTW, canni2 actually has a better exchange ratio than canni3.

Troxx
12-18-2018, 11:53 PM
Chloroblast and canni 4 does actually have a decent enough balance that technically you could end up ahead ... assuming you were anal enough to time it to not miss Med ticks, but I’d file that under “totally not worth the time”.

Prior to 60 AND torpor I simply used passive racial regen, fungi regen, and regrowth to balance the canni damage. Being judicious with your mana and spell choices is a lot more important than spinning your wheels trying to direct heal your hp back.