PDA

View Full Version : WTB Level 60 for afk PL

kasterol
12-20-2018, 04:32 PM
Message with method An price

loramin
12-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Bad idea:

It is against the rules to "afk camp" any npc or groups of NPC's by placing a pet nearby and letting it kill while you are away from your computer. Any other form of "afk camping/xping" is also against the rules, and you may be subject to disciplinary action (character de-leveling by deathloop is a popular punishment).

Qtip
12-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Afk PL is when he gets in a group and someone exps while he is afk. It isnt against the rules. Its no different then grouping with a wizard.

kasterol
12-21-2018, 07:22 AM
Bump

loramin
12-21-2018, 12:42 PM
Afk PL is when he gets in a group and someone exps while he is afk. It isnt against the rules. Its no different then grouping with a wizard.

I understand what it is, and I'm quoting the rules:

Any other form of "afk camping/xping" is also against the rules, and you may be subject to disciplinary action (character de-leveling by deathloop is a popular punishment).

I'm not saying he's going to get caught, but if someone happened to petition the rules clearly say "Any other form of "afk camping/xping". Whether it's a pet or a PC, the idea seems to be pretty clear that you not playing and someone/something else getting experience for you is not allowed.

But there's only one way to find out for sure ....

devblueray
12-22-2018, 12:50 PM
I'm not saying he's going to get caught, but if someone happened to petition the rules clearly say "Any other form of "afk camping/xping". Whether it's a pet or a PC, the idea seems to be pretty clear that you not playing and someone/something else getting experience for you is not allowed.

By this logic, a person could get banned for going to the bathroom if the group they're in doesn't come to a complete stop while they were gone. I think you're taking the whole AFK xp rule a bit too far. The intent of the rule was to prevent people (especially pet classes) who could easily kill a mob with their pet or damage shield from doing so without active engagement. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a GM that would ban someone because they were being power leveled.

Now, one possibility I could see is a boxing check. If you were in an area getting PL'd and someone reported you for boxing and a GM investigated, they could potentially find that you were guilty based on lack of response from the other party.