PDA

View Full Version : Pet 50% dmg = no exp?

LazyFuj
02-18-2010, 08:20 AM
seriously?

Why not have the pet owner do atleast 1 damage or something?

and was DW fixed in this patch?

edit... 50% dmg gives you 50 exp and not 0 exp.

Bakaris
02-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Lol ?

Havent tested it myself, but if this is true - charming is for sure dead for encs - although it almost is already. Sucks for Magi and Necro. Guess they cant use pets at low lvl now ;)

Rogean
02-18-2010, 08:33 AM
50% dmg = 50% xp, not no xp. Read patch notes.

Qi0
02-18-2010, 08:57 AM
While I think this is almost strictly a nerf to mages, I do worry about low level necros. Poison Bolt and Clinging Darkness won't outdamage most pets without significant lifetapping, and until 12 that's all you have to work with.

Also, I'm pretty sure mages with the ridiculously overpowered fire pets will still level much faster in the early levels by letting the pet take half the exp. The way I see it there are two options now if you want to solo as a mage:

1 - Fire pet, little/no damage from the caster, heals or resummons. Eat the 50% xp loss and move on to the next mob.

2 - Earth pet, do 50% damage by expending quite a bit of mana, then heals/resummon and spend more. Likely going to need to med a lot this way, but you'll get full xp.

I'm not sure which is better once you get to the mid levels.

Yam
02-18-2010, 08:58 AM
I remember it being like this in Kunark if not classic.

LazyFuj
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
What about enchanters?

It wasn't like this in classic or kunark. Velious most likely.

yaaaflow
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Fire pet's damage shield should be neutral damage (right?) so with this change you'd have to be functionally retarded to use any other pet for solo xp purposes.

Potential ways to exploit this (that developers have probably thought of):
Get whatever you are killing down to like 1 nuke territory, start casting nuke, desummon pet at the last moment before nuke lands. booya 100% xp?

How about chain petting, will this take into account if I'm on my 3rd pet of the fight, and I outdamage him but not my pets combined?

Goobles
02-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Quit crying, if you knew how to play - you wouldn't be concerned.

yaaaflow
02-18-2010, 09:10 AM
When it comes to everquest, Goobles KNOWS everquest.

Ghesta
02-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Good now the server will just be overrun by druids instead of druids, necros, enchanters, and mages. :)

Yam
02-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Just like classic!

Simon Belmont
02-18-2010, 09:48 AM
As a Wizard, I thank you for hitting the afk levelers with the nerf bat, but it seems a bit harsh to all the legit solo pet classes. This will force the pet classes to group more, if that was your intent then I think you will probably see these results.

Fawqueue
02-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Rough thing for enchanters too. Charm is dangerous enough after THAT nerf, let alone for half the reward now. And even when using the animation we only have two lines of damage spells (one weak dot, one average DD) at low/mid levels. Out dpsing anything is not our forte...

Blargg
02-18-2010, 10:42 AM
This change didn't go in till PoP. It was a nerf to Enchanter's charm during that time. Before then if you did not do 1 point of damage the pet would take half but you did not have to do half of the damage till PoP. I remember because I was an Enchanter that would solo with charm during PoP. Before that patch I would get close to a yellow and half of exp per mob I killed and after I got about 3 blue. So before then you had to do 1 point of damage to get full exp or the pet would take half of the exp.

guineapig
02-18-2010, 10:50 AM
If this rule is in place for Enchanter animation I STRONGLY SUGGEST you think about this.
When I was soloing as an enchanter in my 20's I was exclusively using my animation pet and I was only using nukes or dots if I was in trouble.

Enchanters generally don't do damage while soloing, we tash, slow, stun and root if we have to, occasionally we use feedback but that's only if we have mana.

Enchanters can't AFK level in the first place but with this you will make it so that even if they try soloing with their pet they will be punished for doing so by nerfing the exp.

I'm saying this as somebody who this will not effect since I'm already level 50 but more as somebody who doesn't want to see the class get completely ganked out of everything.

vageta31
02-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Making pets indifferent would sure help shamen too. We'd be able to pull out a pet and run through lower level dungeons like Permafrost without our pup aggroing every green mob in sight.

That change would cause more problems than it fixed.

So before then you had to do 1 point of damage to get full exp or the pet would take half of the exp.

I never tested this but always assumed it was still true so I always made sure I did some damage to every mob my dog was fighting. Apparently it was not necessary.

Malrubius
02-18-2010, 11:08 AM
If this rule is in place for Enchanter animation I STRONGLY SUGGEST you think about this.
When I was soloing as an enchanter in my 20's I was exclusively using my animation pet and I was only using nukes or dots if I was in trouble.

Enchanters generally don't do damage while soloing, we tash, slow, stun and root if we have to, occasionally we use feedback but that's only if we have mana.

Enchanters can't AFK level in the first place but with this you will make it so that even if they try soloing with their pet they will be punished for doing so by nerfing the exp.

I'm saying this as somebody who this will not effect since I'm already level 50 but more as somebody who doesn't want to see the class get completely ganked out of everything.

Bump on this! Chanters don't really do direct damage. I don't remember for sure, but I'd be surprised if solo chanters were effectively 50%-xp nerfed across the board in classic.

yaaaflow
02-18-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't really understand the point, even. Changing it so you have to do 1 damage to get full xp on the mob, or changing it so you have to do 99% damage to get full xp still impact the afk leveler the same. This change just hurts the legitimate soloers who use a strategy that doesn't involve burning away half their mana every fight.

Ah whats it matter, I'm level 50 already. All you mages/necros/enchanters/bards who aren't 50 yet, good luck soloing at half the speed! As a wise man once said: "Fuck ya'll, I've got mine."

badpoet
02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
How about chain petting, will this take into account if I'm on my 3rd pet of the fight, and I outdamage him but not my pets combined?

If your pet dies and you resummon, you only have to outdamage the latest one. Pet damage on the mob goes to zero if it dies/is reclaimed.

Wrei
02-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Seriously guys just give it up already... enchanters DESERVED the nerf bat for being able to practically have a dire charm pet, so now we get a nerf that addresses both the charmed pet (from any charming class) and afking pet classes. You think 50% pen is the end of the world? Then find 1 more person to group with. Solo vs Duo xp is NOT that much more different (provided you duo with the right class/person). So instead of whining about it here, go find that partner so you can ignore that 50% penalty. If you keep whining to each other you may become BFF online~

guineapig
02-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Seriously guys just give it up already... enchanters DESERVED the nerf bat for being able to practically have a dire charm pet, so now we get a nerf that addresses both the charmed pet (from any charming class) and afking pet classes. You think 50% pen is the end of the world? Then find 1 more person to group with. Solo vs Duo xp is NOT that much more different (provided you duo with the right class/person). So instead of whining about it here, go find that partner so you can ignore that 50% penalty. If you keep whining to each other you may become BFF online~

You are seriously trying to legitimize a 50% nerf on all exp gained by a class while soloing with your above statement?

Did you stop to think about the people that just rolled an enchanter within the past month? Or those that never had 200+ charisma and were unable to charm before the charm fix? (Yes you needed 200+ for it to work which costs a couple hundred platinum to buy the gear).

How on Earth can you sit there and say it's okay to do this as supposed punishment when it's new players that are being effected the most? this nerf doesn't effect me at all, I'm just trying to help others...

Think outside the box man.

Finawin
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Quit crying, if you knew how to play - you wouldn't be concerned.

You don't know how to play, either. This is evident by your post.

Excision Rottun
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't really understand the point, even. Changing it so you have to do 1 damage to get full xp on the mob, or changing it so you have to do 99% damage to get full xp still impact the afk leveler the same. This change just hurts the legitimate soloers who use a strategy that doesn't involve burning away half their mana every fight.

Quoted for truth.

Wrei
02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
You are seriously trying to legitimize a 50% nerf on all exp gained by a class while soloing with your above statement?

Did you stop to think about the people that just rolled an enchanter within the past month? Or those that never had 200+ charisma and were unable to charm before the charm fix? (Yes you needed 200+ for it to work which costs a couple hundred platinum to buy the gear).

How on Earth can you sit there and say it's okay to do this as supposed punishment when it's new players that are being effected the most? this nerf doesn't effect me at all, I'm just trying to help others...

Think outside the box man.

Have you tried soloing ench with no gear from lvl 1 to 20+? Do you think it's the most efficient way to level? What is so HARD about finding a partner to duo with? Or a group to group with? Solo chanter with no gear from 1 to 20+ is NOT more efficient then duoing ok? Considering more then half the other EQ classes cannot even think about soloing you should feel fortunate you still retain the ability to solo.

Chanter soloing start shining at later levels with charm/cha gear, it's a waste of fucking time to start soloing with animation when you could be duo'ing or grouping up for faster xp gain (for a LOT less effort). If your hell bent on being an anti social, I like to go afk while my pet rapes X static spawn every 10min etc.. then go roll a nec/mage (btw ench can't even do that cause our animation pet blows). Stop thinking that this is a punishment for enchanters, it's a nerf for ALL pet classes.

Blargg
02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Considering like I said that this nerf on live was a nerf for charm because how much PoP mobs hit for. They made the nerf for charm and not for afk soloing. For that they made it so if you did not do 1 point of damage your pet took half of the exp and then later making the pets indifferent to everything.

Aaron
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
If the goal was to stop afk leveling, which seems like it was, then this isn't the best approach. However, personally I'm just fine with the nerf. I rarely solo and usually duo with a druid or shaman, so it won't affect me much.

Renders the enchanter charm line even more useless, but that doesn't cause me too much heartburn either. They can get a partner or groups like everyone else.

Zanti
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Chanter soloing start shining at later levels with charm/cha gear, it's a waste of fucking time to start soloing with animation when you could be duo'ing or grouping up for faster xp gain (for a LOT less effort). If your hell bent on being an anti social, I like to go afk while my pet rapes X static spawn every 10min etc.. then go roll a nec/mage (btw ench can't even do that cause our animation pet blows). Stop thinking that this is a punishment for enchanters, it's a nerf for ALL pet classes.

Because we can all get a group whenever we want one am I right? When I started my necro on this server I wanted to group, no one else did though. So I soloed and somehow made it to a level where people now consider me worth having, it was painfully slow and dull. If that experience had taken twice as long as it will now I wouldn't still be playing.

guineapig
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Have you tried soloing ench with no gear from lvl 1 to 20+? Do you think it's the most efficient way to level? What is so HARD about finding a partner to duo with? Or a group to group with? Solo chanter with no gear from 1 to 20+ is NOT more efficient then duoing ok? Considering more then half the other EQ classes cannot even think about soloing you should feel fortunate you still retain the ability to solo.

Actually I soloed with no gear pretty much until level 29. Enchanter is my main and first character on this server, and it was on live as well.

I didn't start getting groups till I had clarity (29). Unless you're in a dungeon enchanter usefulness is limited before then (not useless but MUCH less sought after).

So yes, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I work long hours, I'm married and I don't have 2 hours a night to LFG, I leveled up at odd times, an hour here, an hour there. I soloed till 29 because I had to! I grouped from 30-50 because I wanted to. I prefer playing in groups, ask anyone that knows me. I actually used to get mocked in OOC for being LFG all the time instead of soloing when I was in my 40's.

You obviously don't know anything about me as a player and how dare you try to tell the community how they should be playing the game.

Try adding something useful or go troll elsewhere.

Wrei
02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Wow seriously you guys should just quit the game already. "I was having a hard time finding groups as a necro"... Go try being a melee at lvl 1 without twink gear, see how a warrior feels about lacks of groups to level his way... Finding a group can be a pain at times (it's part of the game), but there's another half of EQ classes that CANNOT EVEN SOLO.

Malrubius
02-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Because we can all get a group whenever we want one am I right? When I started my necro on this server I wanted to group, no one else did though. So I soloed and somehow made it to a level where people now consider me worth having, it was painfully slow and dull. If that experience had taken twice as long as it will now I wouldn't still be playing.

This. And since when is soloing bad anyways? I must have missed that part in the FAQ.

Malrubius
02-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Wow seriously you guys should just quit the game already. "I was having a hard time finding groups as a necro"... Go try being a melee at lvl 1 without twink gear, see how a warrior feels about lacks of groups to level his way... Finding a group can be a pain at times (it's part of the game), but there's another half of EQ classes that CANNOT EVEN SOLO.

Wow - so much solo hate. Why are you so bitter about this? I group and I solo. So am I a good person when grouping and a bad person when soloing?

Wrei
02-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Actually I soloed with no gear pretty much until level 29. Enchanter is my main and first character on this server, and it was on live as well.

I didn't start getting groups till I had clarity (29). Unless you're in a dungeon enchanter usefulness is limited before then (not useless but MUCH less sought after).

So yes, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I work long hours, I'm married and I don't have 2 hours a night to LFG, I leveled up at odd times, an hour here, an hour there. I soloed till 29 because I had to! I grouped from 30-50 because I wanted to. I prefer playing in groups, ask anyone that knows me. I actually used to get mocked in OOC for being LFG all the time instead of soloing when I was in my 40's.

You obviously don't know anything about me as a player and how dare you try to tell the community how they should be playing the game.

Try adding something useful or go troll elsewhere.

I am adding something useful it's called telling new players to level efficiently by trying to find someone who matches their playtime. Why do you want to WORK the grind when you could do it for less? As for your experiences as an enchanter I couldn't care less. Fact is soloing as an ench with animation sucks, it's a fucking waste of time (which was the whole point of your post earlier, how we can't possibly outdmg the pet). If you cannot see that then there is nothing to talk about. I'm done posting about this, keep crying.

The Situation
02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
I think Wrei is trying to say that pet classes have had it really good for a long time and now still have it better than melees. It's not worth griping about. You still get 50% exp doing things they way you've always done them. It's almost like being a hybrid....except you can solo.

impen
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I think this experience penalty is a little harsh. I, like guineapig, play at odd hours and only for an hour here or an hour there, so I have been playing a Magician and soloing is a must. Even if I were fortunate enough to find a group in the first ten minutes I was online, I would only be in a group long enough to get settled in and then have to leave.

Yes, I could still level solo with the Magician or Necro, but doing 50% of the damage in a fight would be both very costly in mana and difficult to do without drawing aggro to yourself a lot (the aggro issue could just mean getting better at the class, which isn't the worst thing in the world, I guess). Last I checked, Magicians were, for lack of a better phrase, defined by their pets, so it seems silly to make their pets so much of a burden when soloing.

Personally, I think it should be altered so that if a solo player doesn't do 1-5% of damage to a creature, the pet steals 75-99% of the experience. If the concern is AFK levelers, this will solve the issue. AFK = no damage done to the mob = 75-99% experience lost.

EDIT:
The comment about this making them about on par with hybrids is very, very valid in my opinion. When considered that way, it doesn't sound so bad. =P

The Situation
02-18-2010, 12:37 PM
I will most likely quit my Magician and forgo the idea of rolling a Necro at this point, due to this experience penalty.

Okay, go play something else. Apparently this isn't the game for you.

guineapig
02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
I am adding something useful it's called telling new players to level efficiently by trying to find someone who matches their playtime. Why do you want to WORK the grind when you could do it for less? As for your experiences as an enchanter I couldn't care less. Fact is soloing as an ench with animation sucks, it's a fucking waste of time (which was the whole point of your post earlier, how we can't possibly outdmg the pet). If you cannot see that then there is nothing to talk about. I'm done posting about this, keep crying.

I did quite well and had fun doing it. Soloed crushbone with my animation.
I soloed aqua goblins next. Then KFC. Then Splitpaw spires. After that I started grouping because I had clarity.

Saying that it sucks and is a waste of time is an opinion, not a fact. I disagree with you as will many enchanters who never charm soloed on live.

Did you ever try to solo as an enchanter without a charmed pet or are you simply talking out your ass?
Stop trying to speak for everybody.

Qi0
02-18-2010, 12:41 PM
The difference is that when you're committing to playing a warrior, you know you're not going to be able to solo very much if at all. You can then plan accordingly and play when you know you'll be able to get a group.

In the same way, when you create a mage, necro, enchanter, or druid, you know that you can solo if you need to. Many people create one of these classes on the side so that they can play solo during times when their group-dependent class can't xp. Quite a few of those players likely now have troubled characters and are a bit upset about that.

We're going into this with hindsight, after all. We all knew which classes had solo potential and which didn't from the first day we played on this server. If you're okay with severely limiting other classes' solo ability simply because not every class can solo efficiently, then start campaigning for the druid xp nerfs now. =P

The Situation
02-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Also, let's look at the bright side. More druids and wizards (they can still solo effectively) means more ports for everyone!

Malrubius
02-18-2010, 12:46 PM
The difference is that when you're committing to playing a warrior, you know you're not going to be able to solo very much if at all. You can then plan accordingly and play when you know you'll be able to get a group.

In the same way, when you create a mage, necro, enchanter, or druid, you know that you can solo if you need to. Many people create one of these classes on the side so that they can play solo during times when their group-dependent class can't xp. Quite a few of those players likely now have troubled characters and are a bit upset about that.

We're going into this with hindsight, after all. We all knew which classes had solo potential and which didn't from the first day we played on this server. If you're okay with severely limiting other classes' solo ability simply because not every class can solo efficiently, then start campaigning for the druid xp nerfs now. =P

QFT

We need to nerf druids right away before they start...soloing or something. :D

impen
02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Okay, go play something else. Apparently this isn't the game for you.

I edited my post shortly after re-reading that part. I realize it was a silly statement.

Just, you know... for the record. :rolleyes:

Zanti
02-18-2010, 12:54 PM

I did, you needlessly bitter fellow. I played an Iksar warrior on live from the launch of Kunark till SoF, it was damn hard, especially since they couldn't wear plate, not even Kunark plate! I too was jealous of pet classes but I consoled myself with the fact that in this wonderful game each class has its own strengths and weaknesses, drawbacks and compensations.

Pet classes can solo, they can also be crushed like a tube of paste. They can also have a hard time getting a group being one of many of the choices in the "big bag of dps". Nec's in the lower levels don't have very many group friendly spells, they can snare yes, but they do no real damage besides the pet as most mobs die before their dots can be of much use.

EQ's classes aren't all the same and that is what makes it EQ.

Trimm
02-18-2010, 12:58 PM
As a rogue, I think this whole Mage/Chanter/Necro situation is hilarious, as I had to group from level 11 to 50. With that said, I understand both sides of the argument. I think these classes will learn to adapt. I don't anyone will argue they had it really good for a long time, and now are being brought in line with the rest of the game. No one said this game is easy, if that were the case you'd never see a Troll SK.

drplump
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Looks like this patch nerfed XP but also gave you the tools to fix it. Just group with another mage and level more than 500 distance away from each other. No XP penalty and no sharing XP.

I have not tested this yet though it could just make half the XP that would goto group member vanish.

Finawin
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
If it had a proper reasoning behind it, I could see.

It just doesn't with afk leveling bannable, or at the very least, punishable now.

1dmg is immensely more logical. If the pet does 100% of the damage I can agree with a 50% nerf, albeit grudgingly. It would be better if one heal would also negate the 50% nerf as well.

Virtuosos
02-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Looks like this patch nerfed XP but also gave you the tools to fix it. Just group with another mage and level more than 500 distance away from each other. No XP penalty and no sharing XP.

I have not tested this yet though it could just make half the XP that would goto group member vanish.

i shall be expecting a rage post (one such as wooly) when they discover your little exploit (afk grinding with 2 wizards...not just one) and ban you :rolleyes:

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
This is fucking stupid , it was never like this. some of us slow mobs , buffs pets and let them do most the work so this entirely screws people over who are trying to enjoy this server and follow the rules ..... if this is how you handle problems rather than working to take care of the problem properly then im out. thank you for the server but im not wasting my time playing to be hosed. Id rather pay the $15 and know my charater is fine and wont have issues lvling

Aaron
02-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Haha, someone always cries and claims to leave the server after patch day.

badpoet
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Haha, someone always cries and claims to leave the server after patch day.

Just like Classic EQ :)

I do think that this is a change that isn't necessary, unless it was always like this (and I don't believe it was).

Aaron
02-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Like I said, if it's to stop afk leveling, this isn't the way to do it. As well, it doesn't affect me much so I won't spend many posts protesting it.

Virtuosos
02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
This is fucking stupid , it was never like this. some of us slow mobs , buffs pets and let them do most the work so this entirely screws people over who are trying to enjoy this server and follow the rules ..... if this is how you handle problems rather than working to take care of the problem properly then im out. thank you for the server but im not wasting my time playing to be hosed. Id rather pay the $15 and know my charater is fine and wont have issues lvling

bai bai so long have a nice life!

im sure this server wont miss someone who cant simply read an entire thread before posting his stupid thoughts :rolleyes: if you want to take a moment, step back, and read the quote of rogain....please do. maybe you wont cry so much about not being able to solo anymore and stop making rash decisions because something became more difficult.

or another SIMPLE SOLUTION is finding someone, being social, and grouping :eek: WHAT!?!?! THATS PREPOSTEROUS!!!

Salty
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
It used to be like this on live, quit crying brews.

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
HAHAHA... ok well .. ive heard that bards got nerfed so they cant kite zones... everyone made fun and agreed.... Enchanters lost their charm... every made fun and that made enchatner pure group classes now ....

BUT when you nerf the afk leveling pet classes.... OH SNAP .. its on haha what babies.. get over it like i was told ... everyone class got nerfed in classic constantly... Mages and other pet classes can just join groups like the rest of us now

FORGOT TO ADD..... CHANTERS LOST THEIR CHARM AND THEIR PETS .... HAHA they are walking clarity pots now

Aaron
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
FORGOT TO ADD..... CHANTERS LOST THEIR CHARM AND THEIR PETS .... HAHA they are walking clarity pots now

Enchanters can't mez and haste anymore?

guineapig
02-18-2010, 02:14 PM
HAHAHA... ok well .. ive heard that bards got nerfed so they cant kite zones... everyone made fun and agreed.... Enchanters lost their charm... every made fun and that made enchatner pure group classes now ....

BUT when you nerf the afk leveling pet classes.... OH SNAP .. its on haha what babies.. get over it like i was told ... everyone class got nerfed in classic constantly... Mages and other pet classes can just join groups like the rest of us now

I shouldn't bother to answer this but.. you know that group exp was always faster than solo exp right? (Unless your group completely sucks.)

Certain classes were meant to be able to solo in the game. The game was designed for multiple play styles.

Why do you hate freedom?

(By the way: Enchanters haste, slow, mez, pacify, chain-stun, buff, debuff, etc...)

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Wow grow up and get out of your own asshole so you can see the rest of the world. Nerfs are one thing, But the 50% exp is not a nerf , its basicaly doing away with soloing from pet classes, especialy necros and shamans who use dots mainly and have to waste all their mana trying to outdamage pet. Just because you dont like to solo does not make it wrong , i dont like to group due to the fact that over 50% of players are dumbasses that cant group in a dungeon without doing stupid shit and gwtting everyone killed. I enjoy soloing 8) This was never a feature in live i played a pet class and soloed for the 10 years i played on live. This is some holier than thou fix that makes no sense.

Take your pew pew shit and crying shit and cram it up your ass before you put your head back into it and say we are griefing or being babies. If something doesnt affect me more power to them i could care less about afk lvlers . I would never do it , i prefer playing and being good at my class. Only and selfcentered prick would give two shits about what their neighbors are doing as long as its not hurting anyone else.

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Ohh and saltine is a pompus moron 8)

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
lol .. aww calm down some WyldGunz ... we understand your hurt. . hahah pansey

Salty
02-18-2010, 02:22 PM
It was like this on live Saltine, QQ more.

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM
i think its funny to hear from another class... :( my pet is nerfed .. i cant solo as good :( .... i do agree .. i hate grouping to .. .lots of idiots on here. But still not going to change the devs mind by saying .. im sad and i cant afk lvl anymore :( .. try pouching out the lip some more .. might make them feel more sympathy for you all.

Aaron
02-18-2010, 02:26 PM
ut still not going to change the devs mind by saying .. im sad and i cant afk lvl anymore :( .. try pouching out the lip some more .. might make them feel more sympathy for you all.

Huh? They've already said they'll look into changing it. Also, you can still afk level. This doesn't stop it. I don't know what you're saying really.

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
hehe whatever you say saltine your a big big man who's opinions matter so much. your so important. what is your secret to success and being influencial? i wish i could be upset and jealous that others can do things better than me , or do things that i cant. I just find it pointless to care what others think and especialy what they do unless it hurts me or someone else.

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
ok im sorry political correct aaron ...you cant afk level as good.. guessing since have the server is mages and druids you may can get something done :-P .. haha

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Ohh and saltine get a brain somehow.... theres a big difference between being able to solo and get exp , not being able to solo because your physicaly not able to and being able to solo but you get jacked on exp as some kind of deturent for something. Perhaps you can think for a moment and let it soak in rather than letting your pooper just spew out some garbage

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
LoL .. not getting upset letting little white saltincecracker get you all pissed....this isnt a hate thread for me :-P

Finawin
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
It was like this on live Saltine, QQ more.

It wasn't like this on live until PoP to combat the serious imbalance that was Enchanter charming.

I was one of said enchanters. It was very necessary.

It is not necessary here.

To the 'tard up more saying bards didn't deserve their nerf to their ability to kite entire zones, L O L. You're clueless. This nerf also damages bards if they charm, albeit not many do so in the manner this would damage.

Aaron
02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
ok im sorry political correct aaron ...you cant afk level as good.. guessing since have the server is mages and druids you may can get something done :-P .. haha

*level as well
*have != half

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 02:35 PM
LoL .. not getting upset letting little white saltincecracker get you all pissed....this isnt a hate thread for me :-P

HA im far from upset 8) the world doesnt revolve around you and i could care less about you. Its fun seeing how stuck on yourself and self centered your little world is hehe. I almost kinda wish i could be a fly on your wall for a short time, i get laughs out of people like you not angry

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
lol.. Aaron .. your ruining my enjoyment.. im trying to piss ppl off here :-P ..

that is rough ..didnt think about bards not being able to charm .. that means they are like rangers that sing now :-(

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 02:37 PM
HA im far from upset 8) the world doesnt revolve around you and i could care less about you. Its fun seeing how stuck on yourself and self centered your little world is hehe. I almost kinda wish i could be a fly on your wall for a short time, i get laughs out of people like you not angry

dosent seem like you care much.. your pulling my posts out and instead of talking about the subject at had you making it about me.. :-P thanks for adding to my world

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Anyway back to the nerfing.... what are the devs planning on doing to unnerf the pets some? anyone know .

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Glad i could be of service 8) im getting a lot of chuckles here myself .. mehh enjoys , im onto something worthwhile.

Virtuosos
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
jesus christ have people forgot what the *edit post* button does? no need for 3 posts in a row >.<

oh and just for good measure..

LESS QQ MORE PP
* or in this case, LESS SOLO SOLO MORE GROUPY GROUPY!!!:D

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 03:06 PM
jesus christ have people forgot what the *edit post* button does? no need for 3 posts in a row >.<

oh and just for good measure..

LESS QQ MORE PP
* or in this case, LESS SOLO SOLO MORE GROUPY GROUPY!!!:D

Group with your nuts since they are so close to where your head is 8) Not everyone has to be like you thats the beauty of the world . throw yourself over a cliff and do society a favor so we can progress.

Bakaris
02-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Playing on euro time this will decrease leveling even more. More because that not alot of players on at that time. And also if you only got an hour, you have to get a group where you wait 30min to get it and 30min for it to gather. Then you have to leave and group gets annoyed because you leaving so early.

In my opnion this isn't the right solution.

Atarius
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
being a lvl 29 enchanter atm this is a huge blow. Trying to solo as I type this and the exp is non existant....it's really inspiring me to keep playing...

I'm using my casted pet btw.

I'm all for stopping people from AFK leveling but this is not making sense to me at all. Why should I suffer and be forced to group when I'm soloing while I'm at my keyboard and still soloing slower than many other soloable clasess.

Virtuosos
02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Group with your nuts since they are so close to where your head is 8) Not everyone has to be like you thats the beauty of the world . throw yourself over a cliff and do society a favor so we can progress.

No you are right, not everyone does. Hell, i dont WANT everyone to be like me....kinda kills the unique factor of life.

But, since you want to be a complete jackass, i shall be one as well (which makes me like you :rolleyes:)

You are a pathetic excuse of a person if you are crying and threatening to quit (which believe me i highly doubt anyone will give a flying fuck) over a small change (which it turns out will probablly be changed next patch anyways) that completely destroys AFK leveling, and no use in denying it, inhibits soloing for pet type classes. I do agree, soloing should not be taken out, but seeing as how a GM has made it QUITE clear they would be discussing changing this hot-fix, there is no reason to throw a god damn hissy fit.

Suck it up, stop being a damn child, and adapt to this change for a brief amount of time. Believe me, WE KNOW YOU ARE UPSEt... and i am sorry that you are having such a hard time struggling to get EXP now. But welcome to EQ, bitch. Where training and trains are both hellacious and laughable.

Honestly, the one thing that just leaves me stunned is how you EVER played everquest back in the old days if you are threatening to leave over something like THIS. Make a fucking alt, play him when your confidence cant handle a slightly slower grind, and wait for the new hotfix (or atleast word of whether or not it will happen).

Btw, this does not actually kill afk leveling or soloing, it only makes it go slower...but your fucking sleeping what difference does it make :rolleyes: hell try playing a damn paladin or troll sk like a few other people have done and are doing...think that is slightly worse than this ;) atleast you can still solo and not be forced to find groups like us.

Malrubius
02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't sweat it folks, sounds like they are going to fix this soon (and still ban afk levelling which we almost all agree on).

WyldGunz
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
hehe nice virt 8) i didnt threaten to quit i just posted im unable to play and unless its fixed im not going to play. Get yer facts straigh lil boy. Sorry you feel the way you do about anyone thinking outside your hole theres just not enough room in there for any more heads and i like open air. Anyhow good luck to you im sure your going far in life with your mindset.

Virtuosos
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
plesae, if you are going to attempt to belittle me, change up your insults..3 posts now all saying the same thing "lil boy, small pennor, head up ass".... atleast be original -.- if i knew i would have to expect the same shit with no actual argument or counter-points i wouldnt of started shit...i dont like to argue with nitwits (classic 90's insult...going retro this afternoon!!)

But here, I will blow you out of the water again :)

You did threaten to quit, you are blind if you dont see how "IM NOT PLAYING UNLESS ITS FIXED" is not a threat to quit.... and honestly if you cant see that then i might as well ask you to not contiune reading what is below this line
-----------------------------------------------------

You still with me? Because you realized i am right or because you are too dumb to just stop reading? Because listen honey...it might get more complicated now...

here we go, hold on to your helment ;)

I am an extremely open person when the topics and points are actually logical. Afk leveling and blindless soloing are easy mode, and this is not an easy mode server...If you want free levels or fast levels, go play EZ Mode Server....I dont care if people want to solo, i honestly wish a paladin could solo effectively...what I do care is people afk leveling and then thinking they are good because of it.. Afk leveling is a blatant flaw that should be fixed. Argue that all you want, but you are just making yourself look more foolish than you already do.

Now, I do think the 50% xp thing is alittle ridiculous as it does discourage soloing. But, i am also smart enough to read what the GM's post in regard to the patch. I understand that people will only deal with this thing for a little bit of time until the next patch, and the reason for doing this so quickly was because it was OBVIOUSLY a last minute thing (we had just talked about it the day before) since the patch was due for today (nice big list of fixes..go go HHK!!) and so no one had time to discuss a more logical solution. This was because dumbass wooly made a huge ass of himself, demanded for a clear rule, and this is what we got.

If you yourself werent so blinded by greed of fast leveling and not having to talk to people (which from what we've seen is probablly a good thing...you seem like a prick TBH ;)) you would be able to see past the inital change and recognize the purpose behind it and wait for a more suitable solution.

If you want to contiune arguing, pleaes...send me a message. I enjoy drama as much as the next guy (especially when its so easy to fuck with ya), but I rather keep it in messages so we dont disturb the people who actually want to have an intelligent discussion over this change

alreadyhome
02-18-2010, 04:06 PM
This is pretty unfortuante for me. I play a level 7 necro, and I am not some sort of AFK leveler or (clearly not) an exlpoiting enchanter. This was not how it was in live, as I was just linked to the pet rules a few days ago (can't find it now...figures) from classic and the game mechanics were like they were before this patch. I do not have the spells to overpower my pet at this point and have any mana left after the fight. This is affecting people who just want to play the game as intended. I, like many others, have obligations at peak times and can only pop in for an hour or two to level. This, combined with the fact that they don't have a substantial exp modifier, is why I chose necro.

This isn't affecting AFK leveling in the least because now they will just sit AFK for twice the time. This is screwing over anyone who just rolled ench. The people who are supporting this are completely unaffected and do not understand that there are people like me who just started and can't play every weekend for twelve hours at a time. You would think you could just go into the code and go if(AFK > 30 mins) you can no longer gain exp.

TLDR: This sucks for me.

Virtuosos
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM
i have a lvl 12 necro, i know what its like to solo and have a pet...so it does affect people like me who have an open opinion on the matter

the only thing i can say to help you out alreadyhome, is that they realize this and are working on coming up with a more viable solution.

if you want, when you log in message me...ill switch to my lvl 10 druid and group with ya so you can atleast get decent xp still :/ but aside from that, patience will go along ways

Malrubius
02-18-2010, 04:16 PM
This is pretty unfortuante for me. I play a level 7 necro, and I am not some sort of AFK leveler or (clearly not) an exlpoiting enchanter. This was not how it was in live, as I was just linked to the pet rules a few days ago (can't find it now...figures) from classic and the game mechanics were like they were before this patch. I do not have the spells to overpower my pet at this point and have any mana left after the fight. This is affecting people who just want to play the game as intended. I, like many others, have obligations at peak times and can only pop in for an hour or two to level. This, combined with the fact that they don't have a substantial exp modifier, is why I chose necro.

This isn't affecting AFK leveling in the least because now they will just sit AFK for twice the time. This is screwing over anyone who just rolled ench. The people who are supporting this are completely unaffected and do not understand that there are people like me who just started and can't play every weekend for twelve hours at a time. You would think you could just go into the code and go if(AFK > 30 mins) you can no longer gain exp.

TLDR: This sucks for me.

Don't sweat it too much - it sounds like they will fix this asap.

Slayde
02-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has touched on this or not since I don't feel like reading pages and pages of whiny people who don't remember what it really was like. But I recall an xp penalty existing quite similar to the one they just implemented. EQ was designed to be a game of grouping. Of banding together to overcome, one of the reasons it was great. Very few classes, mainly necro and mage, had the ability to solo fairly efficiently but to keep things in a harmonious balance there was a pet xp penalty. I recall groups back in the day having second thoughts about having necros and mages because the penalty applied to the group as well. so this 50/50 split isnt that bad. It makes things closer to classic, which is what, at least, a few of us want. BTW on live I played a necro to 50 99-2000 and a mage to 60 2001+. That is why almost all classes have such hard times soloing. the game isnt designed for it. At least not classic. If you want to play by yourself all the time go play WoW.

/2cents

alreadyhome
02-18-2010, 04:42 PM
i have a lvl 12 necro, i know what its like to solo and have a pet...so it does affect people like me who have an open opinion on the matter

the only thing i can say to help you out alreadyhome, is that they realize this and are working on coming up with a more viable solution.

if you want, when you log in message me...ill switch to my lvl 10 druid and group with ya so you can atleast get decent xp still :/ but aside from that, patience will go along ways

That's really kind of you, I'll see how the exp is the next time I log on. I was really glad to see this thread when I got in here because this is a major nerf for a relatively minor problem that has far better solutions.

For those saying that this was the norm in classic, I would only ask for some sources. I would be cool with it if they implemented this in 1999, but I feel like this didn't come around untill at least Kunark/Velious.

Edit 1: Slayde, I think you have valid points but ridiculing people like me who enjoy a good solo camp spot is not really in the spirit of Everquest, which you are so vehemently defending. I love groups and grouping but they don't love me coming for 45 minutes and then having to camp because I have to work/need sleep/have exams.

Edit 2: Someone in the Enchanter thread on this is claiming that this is a feature that was not implemented until Planes of Power.

SwordNboard
02-18-2010, 06:28 PM
We will discuss the 1 point of damage option and have a decision for next patch

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=21620#post21620

alreadyhome
02-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Rogean just came into the game and said that it has been reversed :D

Cubehacker
02-18-2010, 08:48 PM
being a lvl 29 enchanter atm this is a huge blow. Trying to solo as I type this and the exp is non existant....it's really inspiring me to keep playing...

I'm using my casted pet btw.

I'm all for stopping people from AFK leveling but this is not making sense to me at all. Why should I suffer and be forced to group when I'm soloing while I'm at my keyboard and still soloing slower than many other soloable clasess.

Uhh, i'm a Paladin. I am forced to group 99.9% of the time. Why should I suffer and be forced to group?

This argument is silly because EQ was always a social game and was NEVER ABOUT SOLOING. You are meant to depend on others and work together and thats what sets it apart from the new trend of "mmorpgs" like WoW that allow everyone to solo to max.

Finawin
02-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Comparing apples to oranges.

No one cares what the other classes have to suffer in comparison.

I'm also playing a Paladin as my main now, too. It doesn't make sense to nerf something else because of something ENTIRELY unrelated. Faulty logic.

This is all moot anyways because it was already fixed. Thanks to Rogean and co.

Malrubius
02-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Agreed. Sorry Cubehacker, but if you want to play a game where the classes have been balanced to death (i.e. they're boringly similar), then classic EQ ain't the place to be.

I play a Rogue (among other things). Do I think other classes should be non-soloable because my Rogue isn't? Of course not. That would be stupid.

Rogean
02-18-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3156