PDA

View Full Version : I accidentally gave a guard in WFP 76kpp

Octopath
12-26-2018, 03:27 PM
If I kill the guard, would I be able to loot the plat? Or am I essentially screwed?
I did petition.

White_knight
12-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Petition it my frand - and wait.

Octopath
12-26-2018, 03:32 PM
Petition it my frand - and wait.

In game or on forums? I did petition in game. A kind necro just helped me kill the guard but he only had 1 plat

Kavious
12-26-2018, 03:34 PM
Screwed.

There have been people that have traded large sums of plat to a banker on accident. After petitioning they were told it cannot be reimbursed.

It wont be there when you kill the guard

Octopath
12-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Screwed.

There have been people that have traded large sums of plat to a banker on accident. After petitioning they were told it cannot be reimbursed.

It wont be there when you kill the guard

I just read on petition rules that they never reimburse currency.

Teppler
12-26-2018, 03:48 PM
Sorry friend, that's a lot of plat to go poof.

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 03:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/cgUXjEe.gif

bigjeff100
12-26-2018, 04:06 PM
I have my suspicions here....

Octopath
12-26-2018, 04:13 PM
I have my suspicions here....

I was meeting someone in ec tunnel and had to pick up plat in bank. I was trying to speed up movement with the hand pp to npc trick and I clicked give instead of cancel.

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 04:22 PM
I was meeting someone in ec tunnel and had to pick up plat in bank. I was trying to speed up movement with the hand pp to npc trick and I clicked give instead of cancel.

the ol' coffee jitters slip up.

Gotta love it

Kavious
12-26-2018, 04:23 PM

Ouch!! You dont even have to click anything. Open trade and run. It will close by itself

Octopath
12-26-2018, 04:25 PM
Ouch!! You dont even have to click anything. Open trade and run. It will close by itself

I know and I always do it this way... My wife was asking me a question and I wasn’t thinking

Voland
12-26-2018, 04:32 PM
What trick are you referring to?

maskedmelon
12-26-2018, 04:33 PM
I know and I always do it this way... My wife was asking me a question and I wasn’t thinking

karma :/ sorry pal, hope the new year brings positive reaolution ^^

Octopath
12-26-2018, 04:34 PM
karma :/ sorry pal, hope the new year brings positive reaolution ^^

Karma for what?

Evia
12-26-2018, 04:34 PM
What trick are you referring to?

If you open a trade window with heavy weight items or coin it will remove the weight from your character while the window is up (since the items are in trade, not in inventory) and you can move unencumbered until the trade window drops.

Octopath
12-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Quick response by gm! Thanks. However, the answer was expected. I am out the pp.

For those who this has happened to before, how do you go on? I want to keep playing but I just literally threw away all my hard earned plat from porting.
There’s no way I can bring myself to keep porting for 20-50 pp a pop knowing what I just lost.

Is the only logical thing to do is quit?

maskedmelon
12-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Karma for what?

My wife was asking me a question and I wasn’t thinking

Remeygi
12-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Your wife should know not to talk to you while you play EQ.
She should reimburse you

Evia
12-26-2018, 04:42 PM
Quick response by gm! Thanks. However, the answer was expected. I am out the pp.

For those who this has happened to before, how do you go on? I want to keep playing but I just literally threw away all my hard earned plat from porting.
There’s no way I can bring myself to keep porting for 20-50 pp a pop knowing what I just lost.

I wouldn't quit! But i understand that thought process. Literally tho a few good dice rolls at some cash camps and you'll be right back in business. Im super sorry tho! That sucks the big hard one.

Erati
12-26-2018, 04:47 PM

Make a new character and try to not think about all the pixels you coulda bought.

Retire the porter and take up a new life (or game).

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 05:03 PM

I invested around $20,000 into space coins IRL.

Lost it all in less than 6 months.

I want to die.

But I like blowjobs a little too much and you can't get those when you're dead.

Pringles
12-26-2018, 05:11 PM

As someone who has lost far more you must have really liked the game to acquire xyz. Losing items/characters/plats isn't too much a problem if you have a deep passion for the game. A break is inevitable for soon enough you will hear the clarion call...

Wonkie
12-26-2018, 05:12 PM
plat lost due to exploiting

Octopath
12-26-2018, 05:18 PM
plat lost due to exploiting

I’ll go with that lol.

Octopath
12-26-2018, 05:26 PM
I am confused, is it difficult to look at logs? Why couldn’t a gm look at logs and see that I gave the plat to the guard? I have the time that it happened and everything?

Jimjam
12-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Think of all the fun adventures you must have had amassing all that plat, you now get to relive them!

If you didn't have fun perhaps it is a good point to review how you are spending your time?

bigjeff100
12-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Think of all the fun adventures you must have had amassing all that plat, you now get to relive them!

If you didn't have fun perhaps it is a good point to review how you are spending your time?

Agreed. I think if you are questioning it, then the answer is to just move on... Don't force it though haha, let the burn out happen naturally :)

White_knight
12-26-2018, 06:33 PM
I have done this before, on EQMac, accidentally gave the banker in the Bazaar 10k plat.

It happens - sorry for your loss.

Maybe there is no log because one would assume the NPC would just destroy the currency on trade since it can't hold it- however there would be a trace of your toon handing that platinum over.

Freakish
12-26-2018, 06:34 PM
What were you buying?

Octopath
12-26-2018, 06:36 PM
What were you buying?

Living thunder earring.

TripleLegit
12-26-2018, 06:45 PM
This post hurts me deeply.. don’t quit though. P99 is life.

White_knight
12-26-2018, 06:45 PM
If you're buying that earing (which is a pure luxury item) you can't be toooooooo strapped for cash or not have a deckout 60.

Please dont tell me you didnt just port people for 6 months to buy that earing for a twink or your port bot.

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Living thunder earring.

Excuse my ignorance, but why would you choose that item if you saved all that money from porting?

Surely a fungi tunic makes more sense

Octopath
12-26-2018, 06:52 PM
If you're buying that earing (which is a pure luxury item) you can't be toooooooo strapped for cash or not have a deckout 60.

Please dont tell me you didnt just port people for 6 months to buy that earing for a twink or your port bot.

It was a tunnel questing purchase, I port and wheel and deal in the tunnel. It was a great deal that I would ultimately sell for a profit.

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 06:57 PM
It was a tunnel questing purchase, I port and wheel and deal in the tunnel. It was a great deal that I would ultimately sell for a profit.

76k isn't a good deal on that though.

Something doesn't add up...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Octopath
12-26-2018, 06:59 PM
I do have other gear and items so I’m not completely broke. Believe it or not it still stings a bit.

My plan was to twink a sk which I was in the middle of gearing. Because of this hiccup, I may have to change my ideas. I may go rogue instead. Which would do better in higher end cash camps? Thanks!

Octopath
12-26-2018, 07:01 PM
76k isn't a good deal on that though.

Something doesn't add up...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Why are there always forum detectives? Earring was 55k. I went ahead and took out all the plat I had in bank which was 76k. I am mad because I was going to only take out the 55k but decided to go ahead and take out everything. I would have at least still had the 21k

ScaringChildren
12-26-2018, 07:24 PM
Why are there always forum detectives?

Because we're incredibly bored and lonely.

applesauce25r624
12-26-2018, 07:25 PM

grounds for divorce tbh

Bardp1999
12-26-2018, 07:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/OCoEDqj.jpg

Sacer
12-26-2018, 11:44 PM
If that can make you feel better a lot of people have spent that amount of plat or more on MQs for toons they don't play anymore. Most people on p99 will never reach 80k anyway but it's fine you don't need that to enjoy the game.

Plus you still have your toons the most valuable thing by far.

kuuky
12-26-2018, 11:50 PM
See if Boutik can give you the money. Hes always bragging about how rich he is.

Trelaboon
12-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Tunnel resellers are the scourge of the earth.

Jimjam
12-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Living thunder earring.

How do you enjoy raiding compared to porting? You could save the dkp for that item from killing like a dozen decent targets or doing a small amount of tracking / PLing instead?

At the very least it's a change to the last 6 months.

Primordial Ooze
12-27-2018, 10:49 AM
Man, that's awful dude. I'm sorry. :(

IMO, take a little time off. You'll probably find in the long run that your enjoyment of the game is what you remember once the immediacy of this passes. When nasty shit goes down IRL I just try to back away for as long as I can and decide what to do with a clearer head.

Hope that helps.

Octopath
12-27-2018, 11:41 AM
How do you enjoy raiding compared to porting? You could save the dkp for that item from killing like a dozen decent targets or doing a small amount of tracking / PLing instead?

At the very least it's a change to the last 6 months.

I’d much rather raid, I am just a filthy casual with young children so raiding is tough without having to afk a lot.

Lammy
12-27-2018, 01:24 PM
This guys story isn't adding up. GMs should investigate this guy further.

Octopath
12-27-2018, 01:34 PM
This guys story isn't adding up. GMs should investigate this guy further.

What isn’t adding up? Please do ask and I wish the gm’s would investigate further. Maybe then they would change their mind and give me my plat back

bigjeff100
12-27-2018, 01:38 PM
What isn’t adding up? Please do ask and I wish the gm’s would investigate further. Maybe then they would change their mind and give me my plat back

Haha i think the problem is that giving item's/money to charmed mobs/npcs to have customers come and kill those mobs in order to cover tracks for RMT. Or that's what i'm assuming people are questioning?

derpcake2
12-27-2018, 01:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/lcxyE0D.gif

Octopath
12-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Haha i think the problem is that giving item's/money to charmed mobs/npcs to have customers come and kill those mobs in order to cover tracks for RMT. Or that's what i'm assuming people are questioning?

Wow I didn’t know this was a thing. So I’ll reiterate my second point, please investigate gm’s! This was simply a dumbass clicking give instead of cancel.

derpcake2
12-27-2018, 01:44 PM
This was simply a dumbass clicking give instead of cancel.

Only bugs should result in refunds. You need to learn something from this.

Staff is very busy as is, how about letting them focus on helping people that didn't cause the issue themselves.

Octopath
12-27-2018, 02:03 PM
Only bugs should result in refunds. You need to learn something from this.

Staff is very busy as is, how about letting them focus on helping people that didn't cause the issue themselves.

While I do agree with this, why are people being reimbursed for accidentally giving items to NPCs?

Trelaboon
12-27-2018, 02:06 PM
While I do agree with this, why are people being reimbursed for accidentally giving items to NPCs?

Not many people are. I know someone who accidentally lost some Skyshrine legs in a temporary bag, and someone who messed it the turn in at ring war and lost every item. None were reimbursed

Octopath
12-27-2018, 02:12 PM
Not many people are. I know someone who accidentally lost some Skyshrine legs in a temporary bag, and someone who messed it the turn in at ring war and lost every item. None were reimbursed

Good to know, Thankyou!

I will overcome this, like the great Arnold Schwarzenegger said, everybody fails!

Going to take a break, got smash brothers for Christmas. I need to finish Octopath Traveler.

I will be back, thanks for the encouraging words everyone. May we all learn from my stupidity.

bigjeff100
12-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Wooo Smash Bros. is my go to right now! And when i need something heavier, Red Dead comes into play :) Enjoy the break man!

stebbins99
12-27-2018, 02:16 PM
Octo man, I'd truly be sick to my stomach if I even lost a 20th of that much plat. Everyone can say "bah it's just pixels" but, like many things in this damn game, I'm sure you're experiencing some very *real* and unpleasant feelings/emotions.

Just wanted to chime in with a human element on this thread. Hang in there dude!

bigjeff100
12-27-2018, 02:19 PM
Octo man, I'd truly be sick to my stomach if I even lost a 20th of that much plat. Everyone can say "bah it's just pixels" but, like many things in this damn game, I'm sure you're experiencing some very *real* and unpleasant feelings/emotions.

Just wanted to chime in with a human element on this thread. Hang in there dude!

Haha me too Stebb. That's a hefty amount of money to me, and especially since i don't raid and am very casual, that amount of money would take years again to get haha. I think i'd be completely deflated... However all my money is in gear i wear. I've never had or seen that kinda money in straight cash.

Jimjam
12-27-2018, 03:30 PM
I’d much rather raid, I am just a filthy casual with young children so raiding is tough without having to afk a lot.

I feel you there!

In a sense I am lucky; being a filthy Euro means most raid stuff happens at my night hours, so while generally I sleep through it most nights, if I am specifically in the mood for raising I can stay up late with fewer interruptions.

TripleLegit
12-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Wooo Smash Bros. is my go to right now! And when i need something heavier, Red Dead comes into play :) Enjoy the break man!

Just got RDR2 last night for Christmas. Going to skip HoT tonight and try it out.

OP there are other games to fill the time while your soul heals from this.. it hurts me thinking about it.. Mainly because i've never seen that much plat before

bigjeff100
12-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Just got RDR2 last night for Christmas. Going to skip HoT tonight and try it out.

OP there are other games to fill the time while your soul heals from this.. it hurts me thinking about it.. Mainly because i've never seen that much plat before

Chances of you getting distracted from all missions is 100% haha, i set out everytime i turn the damn system on to smash some quests out. Next thing i know it's been 2 hours, and I have a buncha poor pelts hahaha.

wagorf
12-27-2018, 11:26 PM
Most people on p99 will never reach 80k .

Really? I would think someone would have made at least 30-50k when they have one toon hitting 60.

Losing all 76k that was earned through ports is very painful, i'm sorry op. it's going to be tough to grind the plat with the same porting process. i suggest you try a diff path for cash farming so you don't think about this all the time....

Octopath
12-27-2018, 11:55 PM
Really? I would think someone would have made at least 30-50k when they have one toon hitting 60.

Losing all 76k that was earned through ports is very painful, i'm sorry op. it's going to be tough to grind the plat with the same porting process. i suggest you try a diff path for cash farming so you don't think about this all the time....

A friend suggested making a chanter, shaman, or necro. Lvl up the old fashion way and do cash camps. Think I’ll try this because as you said, porting for cash just won’t be the same now.

elwing
12-28-2018, 01:47 AM
Most people on p99 will never reach 80k anyway but it's fine you don't need that to enjoy the game.

You are kidding right? I only have an sk and I am not even 60, with bank and dropable I am over 150k already...

wagorf
12-28-2018, 02:19 AM
A friend suggested making a chanter, shaman, or necro. Lvl up the old fashion way and do cash camps. Think I’ll try this because as you said, porting for cash just won’t be the same now.

exactly, i think it will eventually burn you out if you start porting for money from scratch...

as far as leveling and then do farm camps, i say you pick between chanter or shaman. personally i think chanter is easier because it is less gear dependent, and you wont need to purchase a 80k spell (bedlam is probably your biggest spell purchase, vog if you care about raid/groups but if u solo it wont matter)

necro is very powerful indeed but you are less likely to find a group for leveling. monk is also good, but seems people prefer 58+ or even 60 to duo/trio camps like king, juggs/prot, golems, etc.

or you can consider camping jboots with ur druid, just some ideas, GL to you man i hope you recover from this! :)

Frudrura
12-28-2018, 03:03 AM
Yo, this is ruff. I was doing this the other day.

dslaybac
12-28-2018, 04:47 PM
Octopath traveler is dope! We are 100 hours in and at end of game. One class we found is way too OP and we decided against using it for the last dungeon. Hope youre enjoying it!

TripleLegit
12-28-2018, 04:52 PM
Chances of you getting distracted from all missions is 100% haha, i set out everytime i turn the damn system on to smash some quests out. Next thing i know it's been 2 hours, and I have a buncha poor pelts hahaha.

Haha! I still haven't got the chance to play it yet, i gave in to HoT Last night :D

Still excited to try it out though.

Cen
12-28-2018, 05:07 PM
You are kidding right? I only have an sk and I am not even 60, with bank and dropable I am over 150k already...

Hes not kidding because most people wont do that. Two 51s and one is a porter. He made about 10k in ports in his lifetime, and naybe 1k in normal gameplay. My 51 bard maybe made 2k in normal gameplay. The game played normally does not generate much money., You can only do what you did tunnelquesting and dipping into the inflated economy lining your pocket with a bit of drops from it, which will far outshadow standard leveling and currency generation

Octopath
12-28-2018, 05:12 PM
Hes not kidding because most people wont do that. Two 51s and one is a porter. He made about 10k in ports in his lifetime, and naybe 1k in normal gameplay. My 51 bard maybe made 2k in normal gameplay. The game played normally does not generate much money., You can only do what you did tunnelquesting and dipping into the inflated economy lining your pocket with a bit of drops from it, which will far outshadow standard leveling and currency generation

I’m already up to 350pp just on porting alone. 75,650 to go.

Lordgordon
12-28-2018, 05:13 PM
Take this to the next level and delete all your gear

Ruuk
12-28-2018, 05:23 PM
If I kill the guard, would I be able to loot the plat? Or am I essentially screwed?
I did petition.

lol

Octopath
12-28-2018, 07:44 PM
Take this to the next level and delete all your gear

Why would I do that?

UnHoLyPoWeR
12-28-2018, 07:49 PM
Maybe make a bard, level it to 5, get selos, and park it in the tunnel and get an IRL friend or super trustworthy person/high level raider in game to help you transfer from time to time, you know, like how 90% of the rest of the server does it? :confused:

I get it, sometimes you are super solo mission out there and can't trust anybody, if you can't just be careful using that plat handoff method...or you know just be careful cause it's Everquest

Kesselring
12-28-2018, 08:26 PM

you dont need to press cancel, just hover it over npc, click, and run off without pressing cancel or give. box will disappear eventually.

Octopath
12-28-2018, 08:35 PM
you dont need to press cancel, just hover it over npc, click, and run off without pressing cancel or give. box will disappear eventually.

Won’t ever be a issue again! I’ll crawl happily to the ec tunnel even if it takes a hour

Nahilu
12-28-2018, 10:14 PM
Sucks ass that GM cannot do something on this....

Its in the FREAKING LOG that u gave them the pp...

But if you want my opinion why do people use bank ?????????????????

Make a bard lvl it to level 5

Put u pp on your Bard use it as your bank.

Move him from t1 t2 or tunnel entrance.

Never leave tunnel.

Play u main , loot stuff , ask for xfer on mule.

That way , that kind of stuff cannot happens.

P99 bank is USELESS

maybe if we had shared bank .....

but we dont ....

Naonak
12-28-2018, 11:18 PM
Could have been nice and given it to a lowbie :D

Hard lesson learned :mad:

Octopath
01-08-2019, 12:44 AM
Small update!

I am over 8k/76k from porting alone. Guildie suggested I add a tracker to my port message so I have done so. It seems to help.
Plan to get this back sooner than later!

THANKYOU to everyone in thread and in game who have expressed their grief and condolences!

Tuggo
01-08-2019, 12:59 AM
That was a helluva tip.

White_knight
01-08-2019, 01:00 AM
Small update!

I am over 8k/76k from porting alone. Guildie suggested I add a tracker to my port message so I have done so. It seems to help.

THANKYOU to everyone in thread and in game who have expressed their grief and condolences!

glad you getting you getting back 2 it.
I seen your druid around.

GL with the rest of the catch up

Lojik
01-08-2019, 01:06 AM
Trying to bribe the WFP guards eh?

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-08-2019, 04:25 AM
damn I did the very same encumbered run, and was frightened of this happening so I just inched my way back to tunnel. That sucks...

Also, you can avoid this slip up easily by just allowing your space between the npc or player your doing your transaction with to become a large enough space that it cancels the trade on its own. Knowing this I still forego trading to NPCs... Its kind of irrational

Bristletoe
01-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Small update!

hell ya you should listen to that guildie! Ha

<3 Lasstlin

YOU CAN DO IT! 76K is an achievement bro

P.s. hurry and get level 44 so you can get CS and WL ports - you will get a lot more requests that way!

Kohedron
01-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Should have at least tipped the honorable guards men and women of Felwithe instead of those corrupt dogs of Western Freeport.

Octopath
01-08-2019, 01:15 PM
hell ya you should listen to that guildie! Ha

<3 Lasstlin

YOU CAN DO IT! 76K is an achievement bro

P.s. hurry and get level 44 so you can get CS and WL ports - you will get a lot more requests that way!

Lasstlin is my hero!

Vizax_Xaziv
01-08-2019, 06:35 PM

Need a Bard alt as trader!

Octopath
01-08-2019, 07:00 PM
Need a Bard alt as trader!

I was on my lvl 5 bard mule. I was just being impatient!

Vizax_Xaziv
01-08-2019, 07:02 PM

In my experience, raiding things like the planes and Halls of Testing, frequent AFKing is the norm.

And a full suit of Skyshrine armor on your SK would be better than just about anything you could purchase @ a reasonable cost!

ZiggyTheMuss
01-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Should have at least tipped the honorable guards men and women of Felwithe instead of those corrupt dogs of Western Freeport.

Yeah they only reported 10k recovered in the seizure. Hmmmmmmm.

stormlord
01-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Hey OP, surprised you didn't burn out on this? I've burned out on much less. I haven't even played here since 2012. Sometimes I get a distant itch. Like right now. But I tried to commit myself to moving on. I haven't quit MMO's, I just try to make sure I play something new. I'll admit most MMO's aren't like this era of Everquest. That's why I get the itch every now and then--faint as it's.

For you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKFEkO3Qss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3r-KvakUzU

I find when I'm hurting or feeling lonely or losing hope, videos like this do something for me.

Artaenc
01-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Don't quit for that reason for sure, look at the bright side, you don't have a video of shouting "plat not up!" losing all credibility. Farm something this time instead of porting maybe?

TripleLegit
01-28-2019, 06:43 PM
For those in this thread who had "suspicions" of OP's intentions, i have recently dealt with him a lot and from my perspective it is not in his character.

Here is my testimony : https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316127

Octopath is just an all around good dude that had something unfortunate happen to him. That's EQ for you.

kaluppo
01-28-2019, 11:29 PM

I have never had more than 10K pp ever and the most expensive item I have bought is 5K. So that said I have never needed to find a trick to move large amounts of PP from one zone to another.

I see the logic behind this trick as far as the trade window puts the item or this case PP in limbo and thus you are not encumbered. I see how this could get you from point A to Point B within a zone faster and easier. But what happens when you zone with an open trade window? I am assuming you started in the bank at NFP then zoned to WFP and then would have needed to zone into EC. That's twice you needed to zone.

Does the trade window remain up from zone to zone? Or does zoning automatically cancel the trade and you arrive encumbered looking for the nearest NPC to rinse and repeat with?

Zabbix
01-29-2019, 12:03 AM
It cancels the trade if the window is even up. Usually the window isn't even up as it gets cancelled if you move too far away.

Octopath
01-29-2019, 01:12 AM
I have never had more than 10K pp ever and the most expensive item I have bought is 5K. So that said I have never needed to find a trick to move large amounts of PP from one zone to another.

I see the logic behind this trick as far as the trade window puts the item or this case PP in limbo and thus you are not encumbered. I see how this could get you from point A to Point B within a zone faster and easier. But what happens when you zone with an open trade window? I am assuming you started in the bank at NFP then zoned to WFP and then would have needed to zone into EC. That's twice you needed to zone.

Does the trade window remain up from zone to zone? Or does zoning automatically cancel the trade and you arrive encumbered looking for the nearest NPC to rinse and repeat with?

As soon as you are out of distance from the pc or npc, the window auto closes. The bug is that you still don’t show encumbered for a little while. So when I zoned from nfp to wfp, I had to open trade again with the guard, I still don’t know why I clicked give instead of my normal routine.

I can honestly say I haven’t done it again! Lol

Octopath
01-29-2019, 01:20 AM
For those in this thread who had "suspicions" of OP's intentions, i have recently dealt with him a lot and from my perspective it is not in his character.

Here is my testimony : https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316127

Octopath is just an all around good dude that had something unfortunate happen to him. That's EQ for you.

Priison you are awesome! I’ve just been lucky enough to somehow have whatever you need anytime you need it. Need to get you some Myrlokar arms now lol

So it’s been a month now since my incident. Tomorrow is exactly 1 month since I decided to not quit and to overcome, I will give a 1 month update tomorrow.

Senescant
01-29-2019, 02:40 AM
Can't Wait!

Mead
01-29-2019, 03:15 AM
gwow

TripleLegit
01-29-2019, 10:31 AM
Priison you are awesome! I’ve just been lucky enough to somehow have whatever you need anytime you need it. Need to get you some Myrlokar arms now lol

So it’s been a month now since my incident. Tomorrow is exactly 1 month since I decided to not quit and to overcome, I will give a 1 month update tomorrow.

Haha lucky? Maybe! But i seem to recall a couple times you went out of your way to BUY the item for me before i even paid you. So don't sell yourself short! And yes i'm looking forward to some Mrylokar's Vambraces ;).

And Can't wait to read your one month update!

radbeard
01-29-2019, 12:48 PM
I, for one, pledge to give octopath 100pp. maybe enough of us in small donations can take the sting out of the loss, even if it doesn't recover the whole.

TripleLegit
01-29-2019, 12:57 PM
I, for one, pledge to give octopath 100pp. maybe enough of us in small donations can take the sting out of the loss, even if it doesn't recover the whole.

That is a great idea, or you could do what I do. When you need an item send a tell or pm to Octopath. He finds it, buys it on the cheap and sells it to you at market price. Profit and recover!

Irulan
01-29-2019, 01:28 PM
Viral marketing == win

Champion_Standing
01-29-2019, 03:40 PM
Viral marketing == win

No kidding, this was a brilliant ad campaign.

TripleLegit
01-29-2019, 03:44 PM
No kidding, this was a brilliant ad campaign.

The best part of it all is that Octopath acted according to his personality without expecting anything in return. If that means he gets great reviews and more business, then I think he deserves it. Whodathunk that p99 economy works much like the real world. Do good business, draw in more business.

kaluppo
01-29-2019, 06:19 PM

That's a very good idea. Kind of like a go fund me for P99 LOL. I will donate 1,000 PP to this recovery effort. Just hit me up in game. I just hit lvl 59 with my cleric so Norezferu will almost always be on and if not look for Kaluppo.

Freakish
01-29-2019, 06:35 PM

For every 100p you give him I am going to take 100 away.

Octopath
01-29-2019, 07:34 PM
Thankyou guys this is completely unnecessary but I truly appreciate it! I’ve been smiling from ear to ear all day lol

Octopath
02-13-2019, 03:19 PM
Update:

I have officially earned all my plat back and some!

More details to come this evening, thanks everyone

Grail3r
02-13-2019, 07:41 PM
Update:

I have officially earned all my plat back and some!

More details to come this evening, thanks everyone

congrats! I'm glad the community helped you out .

aaezil
02-13-2019, 07:51 PM
you had 76kpp to begin with

Do not feel sorry

Gozuk
02-13-2019, 08:11 PM
THATTA BOY

Octopath
02-14-2019, 02:03 AM
So I had 76k that I gave away to a guard. That was all my liquid plat at the time. So i stripped my toons and sold the couple items I had left. I ended up with about 31kpp. Big thanks to Boutik for giving me some tips on buying/selling in the tunnel efficiently. I kind of put my own spin on it and starting my journey. It wasn't easy. I got angry many times. I even, dare i say it, thought about quitting!

So being a member of Dial a Port as well, I ported people while sitting the tunnel. Basically hustled in any way I could to gather plat. I probably earned back 25% of my plat just from porting. Thank you to everyone who hooked me up on ports!

So in less than 2 months I finally did some math. 76k + 31k is 107kpp. I needed to be there to be where i was in the first place. Today I am looking at closer to 125kpp!

I wanted to shoot a shout-out to these fine folks :

Emevvi 1111p (tip for port)
Lasstlin 1684p (tip for port, also gave me some tips on being the best DaP'r i could be)
Shaokin 500p (tip for port)
Hanible 500p (randomly just opened trade while in tunnel!)
Arleigh (amazing person has helped me out in many ways in this journey!)
Priison (great dude, used me anytime he needed a item to find the item and deliver it to him.)

There are others I know and Im sorry if i left you out. I could have done a better job keeping up.

Thanks again everyone for the words of encouragement. Now I just need to somehow get the hell out of the tunnel. It's kind of a addiction that's going to be hard to break.

Meiva
02-14-2019, 02:32 AM
Oh nos!! I jus have all my plat to a guard! I also need tips on tunnel quest, and I'll port you too!

I'm glad you didn't give up. The story is painful, hilarious and a bit wholesome all at the same time. 76k to a guard.. You doofus..

Zill
02-14-2019, 07:29 AM
The weirdest thing is that guard still kept his job after receiving all that plat, wtf?!

DinoTriz2
02-14-2019, 10:03 AM
The weirdest thing is that guard still kept his job after receiving all that plat, wtf?!

There should be an easter egg where if you give a guard 76k plat, he instantly changes into a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and flip flops and starts walking away.

Octopath
02-14-2019, 05:35 PM
There should be an easter egg where if you give a guard 76k plat, he instantly changes into a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and flip flops and starts walking away.

It would all be worth it if this happened