PDA

View Full Version : Change making for evil dudes

Asscastle
12-30-2018, 02:22 AM
I'm an Iksar SK. I'm at a nice leveling spot near Steamfont Mountains and I can vendor at the druid ring. Only problem is: the only item that can convert gold into plat is a spell that buys for 8plat and sells for 3 plat. A gigantic loss. I can't get my gems to show up on the vendor list either. How can I make an item with a close buy price/sell price over 1 plat (like a cracked staff) appear on the vendor's list? My pearls don't work: they sell, but don't show on the list. What governs whether an item appears on the vendor's inventory?
PS: I'm drunk, so explain it to me like I'm 5 (and drunk)

KansasComrade
12-30-2018, 02:51 AM
There are only a certain amount of slots a vendor has. All druid ring merchants will be full.

Swish2
12-30-2018, 04:18 AM
Aside from "mining" the vendor, as in buying all stock of visible items to see what else appears... there's nothing you can do, and this is expensive a lot of the time.

Best bet is to find a local gnome to trade with who's running to the bank or can buy you some food/water with the copper/silver you've got ^^

(or try the Butcherblock druid ring, but likely that's the same scenario)

GinnasP99
12-30-2018, 09:44 AM
Anyone can use the Felwithe bank by invis'ing inside and clicking the banker from behind a wall / line of sight. Not sure about the Ak'anon bank, but you could check it out too.

ScaringChildren
12-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Anyone can use the Felwithe bank by invis'ing inside and clicking the banker from behind a wall / line of sight. Not sure about the Ak'anon bank, but you could check it out too.

Kelethin too. There's a little window you can click the banker through. Don't even have to invis if you can sneak around the patrolling guards.

Asscastle
12-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Aside from "mining" the vendor, as in buying all stock of visible items to see what else appears... there's nothing you can do, and this is expensive a lot of the time.

Best bet is to find a local gnome to trade with who's running to the bank or can buy you some food/water with the copper/silver you've got ^^

(or try the Butcherblock druid ring, but likely that's the same scenario)

I tried mining the BB ring vendor and figured it out: buying all the stock of an item takes it off the visible stock. Selling it back puts it on the bottom of the list with the "invisible stock" that the vendor has but that players can't buy. So by buying rusty weapons and rat meat in whole lots and selling them back, you can cycle through the vendor's inventory until you find a changemaker. I found a stock of jades.

Thank you for the advice!

Evia
12-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Thought this was going to be a political post based on the title.

White_knight
12-30-2018, 05:03 PM
Go to Felwithe bank a zone over. Ezp Peezy.