PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Power Leveling?

Arislyn
12-30-2018, 07:12 PM
I’m a 60 shaman looking to make some play. Do people pay for shaman power leveling or the services of a shaman with all of their spells etc?

White_knight
12-30-2018, 07:18 PM
Shm PL with ds pit could work.
TORPOR is a powerful heal. With 25 little ones hitting on you.

Hrothgar
12-30-2018, 11:39 PM
I sell shaman plvl on a nearly daily basis. It’s a good racket, and it inspires people to finish leveling those melee alts they may have gotten frustrated and curbed because they aren’t bards or monks that can solo to 60, and they don’t want to sit LFG for ages in dungeons. Generally Shm plvl is cheaper than bard mega pulls, for instance, so the client base is different, too, because they can’t just sit AFK and fap while you work. My favorite to plvl are duos, actually. Tank/Rog or Tank/Rng. Not talkin strat here, but having epic helps a ton, and so does a dungeon zone with a high ZEM and minimal foot traffic.

Foxplay
12-31-2018, 01:45 AM
Never done it with my shaman but the class most def CAN power level. However its a much more narrow scope imo so best to just compare the classes capable of PLing side by side...

Bards - just the kings of PLing both low and high level PLing, be it dmg sheild, or swarming, pretty much all of the work is on the Bards part, also can be disruptive so zones so needs to be careful to not be an AHole to others while PLing. Only real downsides is they arn't all that great PLing non AE classes and often will need to piggyback an AE dmg dealer aside from that is limited options / zones where they can effectively swarm which are often taken by other bard PLing lol

Druids - A very easy to use PLing class, great for lower levels and mid level Melee power leveling. Added perks of mobility (ports), and healing. Thorns up have ppl do 1 dmg, works great for first 1-20 levels, after that they loose a bit of steam but still make a great PL'er to melee classes, just babysit them and cast thorns, or aggro kite with ensnare / flamelick. Downside is looses steam as a power leveler for late levels

Shaman - Will need to pop potions to do super low level power leveling can still hold aggro for low level people to PL but wont really increase how fast they kill stuff by much without popping a dmg sheild pot. Would work as a much better PL'er to a mid to high level melee character, Slow, torpor, and flash of light to hold aggro as the melee endlessly kills things you tank for them, click epic to give them extra dmg but not enough to steal exp from them. With Feign death ring could also root rot things with epic and then feign and let the other person finish the kills prolly take a buttload of rechring thou so would prolly be best to just slow and torpor tank imo....

Enchanter - Most people don't even think of Enc's when they think about PLing but ill explain... It really only works at higher levels so 40+ if the Enchanter is 60 but did you know that if any class with a mana bar duels a enchanter the enchanter has nigh infinite mana? (Theft of thought) sit afk with a enchanter duel them so they can steal your mana (provided you are a class with a mana bar) and they can go ham for hours and get you lots of exp yes its not really full powerleveling because your getting duo exp... but a proper charm pet with haste in a duo can still provide insane exp for a lvl 40+ , great exp especially considering they dont even have to do anything, the enchanter can do it all. Downside is this really only works for high level power leveling Enchanter dmg sheild (feedback) is pretty small and will only work for the first few levels like 1-6 for power leveling

Magician - Hey don't laugh... they have a dmg sheild! sure they cant heal or buff hp but just having a healthy dmg sheild means they can provide SOME power leveling.... prolly only really works 1-10 thou

Monk / Necro / SK - Feign death power leveling..... its a thing . In some narrow situations it can be insane exp... like a extremely geared monk powerleveling another melee toon. SK is not really going to be great cause their dmg output is so lousy but they still have the tools to do it. This method will fizzle out hard in the late game (levels) as well as is gear dependant on the monk's part

loramin
12-31-2018, 02:00 AM
Enchanter - Most people don't even think of Enc's when they think about PLing but ill explain... It really only works at higher levels so 40+ if the Enchanter is 60 but did you know that if any class with a mana bar duels a enchanter the enchanter has nigh infinite mana? (Theft of thought) sit afk with a enchanter duel them so they can steal your mana (provided you are a class with a mana bar) and they can go ham for hours and get you lots of exp yes its not really full powerleveling because your getting duo exp... but a proper charm pet with haste in a duo can still provide insane exp for a lvl 40+ , great exp especially considering they dont even have to do anything, the enchanter can do it all. Downside is this really only works for high level power leveling Enchanter dmg sheild (feedback) is pretty small and will only work for the first few levels like 1-6 for power leveling

Enchanters can also use mind wipe to power level.

Swish2
12-31-2018, 07:05 AM
When considering powerleveling, consider why you're playing EQ in the first place.

Obeast44
12-31-2018, 07:25 AM
I've PLed quite a bit of guildies with my shaman. It usually goes something like this:

Buff the person getting PLed
They pull, while you canni back to full
Hit it with a Slow
Click coldain ring for DS
Spam snare neck (clinging darkness clickie) to keep aggro (and you will)
Torp yourself as needed
Rinse
Repeat

It may not be as fast as some others but its super low risk, and nonstop.

Dolalin
12-31-2018, 09:37 AM
Shammy casts AoE slow and disease to keep the mobs beating on them while the meleeer beats it down. That's how I've always seen it done.

Bbeta
12-31-2018, 09:43 AM
shamans plvl melee classes the best. you tank and sustain while the melee smack it from behind and get solo exp. its pretty safe and ez. shaman plvl monks the best because they can pull.

Jimjam
12-31-2018, 10:01 AM
You can help dps by using a pet and reclaiming mana by punching him in the back of the head with a mage shovel before the target dies.

Unlike Druid or bards you won't pl so easily by volume, instead you do so by cutting down down time and helping your client kill harder mobs than otherwise possible and doing so faster.

The perk for the client is they still get to 'play' instead of arduously tabbing through every mob and tagging 1 point of damage on each mob.

Hrothgar
12-31-2018, 12:18 PM
Usually plvling mêlée warrants that they have higher dmg mitigation and face tank ability. So, when I’m pushing someone through 59, for example, it’s much more worth my time to pull/slow/epic dot/sic pet while plvlee beats down, then I pull 5 more mobs, pre DoT, prepark, and then hit with slow one by one. Doing this with a 59 DE warrior, I cast Torp once every 12 fights? Actually i never torped him last session, which netted about 8% an hour at 59. It’s a lot of work as the plvler, but people are happy!

wagorf
01-02-2019, 05:44 AM
OP: If your intention is to make plat, send me a tell we can duo farm some cash camps.

Obeast44
03-16-2019, 02:29 PM
Usually plvling mêlée warrants that they have higher dmg mitigation and face tank ability. So, when I’m pushing someone through 59, for example, it’s much more worth my time to pull/slow/epic dot/sic pet while plvlee beats down, then I pull 5 more mobs, pre DoT, prepark, and then hit with slow one by one. Doing this with a 59 DE warrior, I cast Torp once every 12 fights? Actually i never torped him last session, which netted about 8% an hour at 59. It’s a lot of work as the plvler, but people are happy!

I did something similar in velks a few times for a one of our 59 warriors. I kept the pet out of the mix and just kept the warrior in zerker mode. I kept the warrior with a group invite rdy to go just in case we needed an emergency torp...which never really was needed.

Disease
03-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Never done it with my shaman but the class most def CAN power level. However its a much more narrow scope imo so best to just compare the classes capable of PLing side by side...

Bards - just the kings of PLing both low and high level PLing, be it dmg sheild, or swarming, pretty much all of the work is on the Bards part, also can be disruptive so zones so needs to be careful to not be an AHole to others while PLing. Only real downsides is they arn't all that great PLing non AE classes and often will need to piggyback an AE dmg dealer aside from that is limited options / zones where they can effectively swarm which are often taken by other bard PLing lol

Druids - A very easy to use PLing class, great for lower levels and mid level Melee power leveling. Added perks of mobility (ports), and healing. Thorns up have ppl do 1 dmg, works great for first 1-20 levels, after that they loose a bit of steam but still make a great PL'er to melee classes, just babysit them and cast thorns, or aggro kite with ensnare / flamelick. Downside is looses steam as a power leveler for late levels

Shaman - Will need to pop potions to do super low level power leveling can still hold aggro for low level people to PL but wont really increase how fast they kill stuff by much without popping a dmg sheild pot. Would work as a much better PL'er to a mid to high level melee character, Slow, torpor, and flash of light to hold aggro as the melee endlessly kills things you tank for them, click epic to give them extra dmg but not enough to steal exp from them. With Feign death ring could also root rot things with epic and then feign and let the other person finish the kills prolly take a buttload of rechring thou so would prolly be best to just slow and torpor tank imo....

Magician - Hey don't laugh... they have a dmg sheild! sure they cant heal or buff hp but just having a healthy dmg sheild means they can provide SOME power leveling.... prolly only really works 1-10 thou

Monk / Necro / SK - Feign death power leveling..... its a thing . In some narrow situations it can be insane exp... like a extremely geared monk powerleveling another melee toon. SK is not really going to be great cause their dmg output is so lousy but they still have the tools to do it. This method will fizzle out hard in the late game (levels) as well as is gear dependant on the monk's part

1-20 enc actually do pretty quick. Just use illusion fire element(17 dmg shield) and pull a ton of mobs. Bedlam youself twice and no one is pulling aggro. Then have person hit each mob and just keep /sit while the dmg shield eats them up.

unleashedd
03-19-2019, 04:44 AM

lvl4 mez has very high mindwipe effect and costs half the mana of actual memory blur. but fire ele illusion plus feedback is good too

kined
03-19-2019, 05:41 AM

you can also just break charm when enemy mob gets to low hp. its an awesome powerleveling method for any class with a small nuke at higher levels - go to charasis because you can ToT everything and just break charm for every kill. it is sustainable to constantly be killing with a fully hasted pet, and you just break, mezz, recharm immediately. one of the best high level (46+) powerleveling methods, only one i can think of thats probly faster is bard swarming. me and my friend did this back and forth with our chanters to level our alts and we got through the 50's in no time.

loramin
03-19-2019, 11:35 AM
you can also just break charm when enemy mob gets to low hp. its an awesome powerleveling method for any class with a small nuke at higher levels - go to charasis because you can ToT everything and just break charm for every kill. it is sustainable to constantly be killing with a fully hasted pet, and you just break, mezz, recharm immediately. one of the best high level (46+) powerleveling methods, only one i can think of thats probly faster is bard swarming. me and my friend did this back and forth with our chanters to level our alts and we got through the 50's in no time.

That sounds awesome for your pet, but I'd think you'd still want mind wipe though, for the mob you didn't charm? Otherwise you/your pet and not the person being power leveled would get the credit for that kill.

kined
03-19-2019, 11:53 AM
That sounds awesome for your pet, but I'd think you'd still want mind wipe though, for the mob you didn't charm? Otherwise you/your pet and not the person being power leveled would get the credit for that kill.

You would think so, but it actually clears the aggro table and the person who does the nuke gets full exp. Even if you recharm the pet before the nuke goes off. Thats why i do that method instead of mind wipe, theres zero fussing around with failed mem blurs or anything, you can just cast the break and recharm immediately and go to next mon with practically zero down time. Found it much more safe and quicker than fussing with mem blurs. However. If your pet goes low, they have to kill the target mob before your pet, otherwise the target mob will get the exp of your pet when you kill it.

Its essentiallly the same way you solo kill as an enchanter, you break the pet before thr kills so you get full credit without splitting to the pet. Same applies if someone else kills it

loramin
03-19-2019, 12:24 PM
You would think so, but it actually clears the aggro table and the person who does the nuke gets full exp. Even if you recharm the pet before the nuke goes off. Thats why i do that method instead of mind wipe, theres zero fussing around with failed mem blurs or anything, you can just cast the break and recharm immediately and go to next mon with practically zero down time. Found it much more safe and quicker than fussing with mem blurs. However. If your pet goes low, they have to kill the target mob before your pet, otherwise the target mob will get the exp of your pet when you kill it.

Its essentiallly the same way you solo kill as an enchanter, you break the pet before thr kills so you get full credit without splitting to the pet. Same applies if someone else kills it

Gotcha, that makes total sense (I hadn't realized that breaking charm broke the agro list, but of course it does, charm fighting wouldn't work otherwise). I guess mind wipe PLing is only good if you have mobs that are better for the Enchanter to nuke down rather than charm (ie. only when PLing relatively lower level characters).