PDA

View Full Version : Leveling question 40+

Thimashico
01-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Back to the game after a loooong break and cant seem to think of the "best" places to level from 40+. Any helpful strangers give me some tips?

Oleris
01-06-2019, 01:28 PM
city of mist until around 50. then KC to 55ish. seb to 60. You can add in Velks, HS and a couple other zones in the 50's as well.

Muggens
01-06-2019, 01:34 PM
A group in SolB would net better exp and plat than CoM

Wallicker
01-06-2019, 01:41 PM
What class are you

Thimashico
01-06-2019, 01:49 PM
was thinking City of Mist.. how are the groups there? or will i have to try soloing entrance for a while? usually dont have lots of time to play lol.

Im a ShadowKnight btw

loramin
01-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in signature) for lots of ideas!

Swish2
01-06-2019, 05:49 PM
SKs really benefit from grouping, even with a decent weapon.

If you've got short play periods I'd recommend a necromancer, druid or other class that has more solo potential..and save the SK for when you've got a longer session :)

loramin
01-06-2019, 06:19 PM
Whoops, I missed that you are a Shadow Knight. The Per-Level guide can still have some great suggestions for you, but it has virtually nothing specifically for Shadow Knights.

If you find some good ones though please consider adding them to the guide (or even PMing their details to me), as it could clearly use more SK love.

Asteria
01-07-2019, 03:40 AM
Like other fine posters said, City of Mist is definitely a solid choice!

If you wanted reliable money and a change of pace while solo or with weird hours/playtine, I think Hill giants in Rathe nountains maybe an option solo or duo?

Lower Guk and SolusekB are definitely good options as well if you get bored of CoM. Maybe guard hunting in Kaladim or Kelethin, or Freeport duo or trio?

Has anybody ever hunted guards in AkAnon or Halas for decent exp and/or coin?

Swish2
01-07-2019, 03:43 AM
Honestly if you're going the solo route, don't do Kunark or Velious til 54-55, due to the extra HP on mobs in the expansions.

It's going to be slow, maybe try fear kiting spectres in Feerott (not Oasis/OOT)

Jlpstrtkng
01-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in signature) for lots of ideas!

Shameless self promotion haha

kjs86z
01-07-2019, 09:07 AM
CoM ----> KC ----> Sebilis

Welcome to the XP superhighway.

Rygar
01-07-2019, 11:39 AM
city of mist until around 50. then KC to 55ish. seb to 60. You can add in Velks, HS and a couple other zones in the 50's as well.

Seriously? Do not listen to this man!! CoM / KC / Seb will consist of you spamming /OOC to find groups which will consist of you basically getting sub-par exp. KC especially, it is so P99-Aids.

Encourage you to do 'bring your own group' excursions. Kedge Keep is a treasure trove of easy EXP and makes certain classes shine (such as druid), can easily be done 40+. The Hole as well but more for the 49+ levels.

I just don't understand the CoM / KC / Seb love. If you really want just to focus on EXP that is bad advice imo. CoM / KC / Seb if you are lazy and want to group with mostly netflix AFKers that barely know their class and/or neckbeard loot whores (Seb only)

Yetizod
01-07-2019, 11:56 AM
City of Mist is overrated. The XP there is not that fast, and I cannot understand why it's so popular.

ScaringChildren
01-07-2019, 12:00 PM
City of Mist is overrated. The XP there is not that fast, and I cannot understand why it's so popular.

I actually like CoM.

I like how most of the camps are spaced out and isolated.

Moat and Arena tend to butt heads a lot though.

kjs86z
01-07-2019, 01:07 PM
I actually like CoM.

I like how most of the camps are spaced out and isolated.

Moat and Arena tend to butt heads a lot though.

Off hours CoM is amazing.

Peak hours (forget XP bonus periods) it can be painful. Lot of camps stealing from one another.

Much like KC its popular because outdoors. SoW op for those hail mary pulls

loramin
01-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Shameless self promotion haha

:) Shamless? Yes. Promotion? Yes. Self? No.

I may have started the guide, but ten-plus others have contributed in the wiki (a whole lot more have suggested spots here in the forum). Now it's just a community resource that many players (especially new ones) aren't aware of, so I like to let people know about it.

Also, the entire reason I started the guide was that I saw endless forum posts about "where should I hunt?", and I thought a single comprehensive wiki resource made a lot more sense than a random spattering of suggestions from whoever happened to be posting at the moment. So since the guide was expressly created to help threads like these, I frequently reference it in them.

Kedge Keep is a treasure trove of easy EXP and makes certain classes shine (such as druid), can easily be done 40+.

Not sure when the last time you played there was, but I'm guessing it was before the XP nerf. Kedge is still a viable place to level, but (sadly) it's far from a "treasure trove of easy EXP" now.

azeth
01-07-2019, 03:20 PM
hello, go solo the entrance of Kedge Keep. Once you figure out how to split using the zone line, its safe and great xp with the high ZEM.

Rygar
01-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Not sure when the last time you played there was, but I'm guessing it was before the XP nerf. Kedge is still a viable place to level, but (sadly) it's far from a "treasure trove of easy EXP" now.

It was after the ZEM nerf and was on my enchanter 50+. Still good. Low HP mobs and all that, and not crowded being the key.

The advice to go to a place like KC is lame because almost everything is camped and you are waiting for a group then competing for most spawns. Groups are fuller and you get less exp.

Take Kedge. Can easily duo most of the zone where level appropriate, or do a 3-4 group quite easy. If you take the time to learn and recruit a few folks it's pretty cake. Some semi-decent loot left in there as well, with mermaids having uncommon vendor trash drops that sell 50-200pp.

I'm not holding my breath for the meta to change, people want crowded zones where rez is easily available and can sow / train to exit at drop of a hat.

Zipity
01-07-2019, 06:00 PM
A good SolB royals group is some of the fastest group exp you can get 40-50(2-3x faster than CoM due to mob density / lower hp / better zem) hardly every camped to! Bring your own group as the lavastorm portal is like seconds away!

baakss
01-07-2019, 06:02 PM
I just don't understand the CoM / KC / Seb love. If you really want just to focus on EXP that is bad advice imo. CoM / KC / Seb if you are lazy and want to group with mostly netflix AFKers that barely know their class and/or neckbeard loot whores (Seb only)

I would think because it's safe. CoM you have sow, rangers/druids can harmony singles, trains that kill groups in certain locations are rare, absolutely no caster mobs. It's also super easy to replace people because it's easy to get to all the camps alone.

KC similar story. Seb I dunno. But every time I grouped in Solb, we had CR's and they take a lot of time. I can't imagine the hole is without nasty CR's as well, even if you corpse pull with a rogue it seems rough.

Lojik
01-07-2019, 11:47 PM
Sirens grotto 40+ best xp ever

loramin
01-08-2019, 12:42 AM
It was after the ZEM nerf and was on my enchanter 50+. Still good. Low HP mobs and all that, and not crowded being the key.

The advice to go to a place like KC is lame because almost everything is camped and you are waiting for a group then competing for most spawns. Groups are fuller and you get less exp.

Take Kedge. Can easily duo most of the zone where level appropriate, or do a 3-4 group quite easy. If you take the time to learn and recruit a few folks it's pretty cake. Some semi-decent loot left in there as well, with mermaids having uncommon vendor trash drops that sell 50-200pp.

I'm not holding my breath for the meta to change, people want crowded zones where rez is easily available and can sow / train to exit at drop of a hat.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I love Kedge. You're totally right, the mobs there are lower HP than mobs in Kunark/Velious, and it's never crowded. Plus it's got some fun quirky gear, like the somewhat heavier tink bags (driftwood treasure chests) or the enduring breath shield.

It's just that personally I was underwhelmed by the XP there on my Druid, especially after hearing so much about the place's ZEM. The XP was good (well, when I wasn't dying). but I just didn't think it was great. /shrug

Kalamurv
01-08-2019, 02:41 AM
Seriously, I truly can not understand why so many on this server think that CoM is good xp at all. The zone xp mod actually blows, the wiki is WAY out of line. The zone is great for solo / duo / trio groups in their 30's....at the best until 45 tops (excluding upper levels but even then the same issue arises)....not only is the xp total shit beyond those levels (really its shit past 40), there is nothing even close to pretending there are enough mobs to support so many groups. Lower Guk is far superior xp wise but sadly it also has to few mobs. Kaesora, ToFS, Dalnir are all much better zones to xp (and all receive a real zem....outdoor zones do not have a positive xp mod).
50+, KC BLOWS....seriously the xp sucks so badly, its full of crap players (not everyone, but far more than good players because good players don't go there). The only reasons to ever step into KC are if you need something from there....T-staff, VS / VSR, VP key etc.
Seb, as much as I truly love the zone....its probably one of my favorite zones ever (I played on live from classic until prophecy of ro roughly), unless you're doing disco / abc from 50 ish (or below) to mid 50's, or 55+ doing shrooms, juggs, reets...aside from those sadly the xp actually isn't super great. HS xp is great, the hole is still to this day far to underrated and the best zem anywhere 50+, DN is amazing as well, chardok can be great if you have the balls to go beyond zone in / pipe camp (go down by the merchants / bank) and its endless mobs to kill....honestly theres more than any one group can kill. Also amazing 50+ with a solid group is fear or hate....some of the best xp in game, although a bit more challenging that most are willing to attempt.

Asteria
01-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Maybe guard hunting in Kaladim or Kelethin, or Freeport duo or trio could be decent for exp and coin?

Has anybody ever hunted guards in Ak'Anon or Halas for decent exp and/or coin?

loramin
01-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Maybe guard hunting in Kaladim or Kelethin, or Freeport duo or trio could be decent for exp and coin?

Has anybody ever hunted guards in Ak'Anon or Halas for decent exp and/or coin?

Not sure why you quoted yourself there, but yes those first three and also the Barbarian guards are definitely a thing. I believe most people kill them out in Everfrost though, not in Halas (and all those murderous bastards will get what's coming to them from The Tribunal, mark my words! ;)).

I haven't heard people talk about killing gnome guards though. It still might be a viable camp (again, probably out in Steamfont not in Ak'anon itself), I just haven't heard of it. For a list of popular guard camps, check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in signature) and click the "Guards" filter at the top.