PDA

View Full Version : /Con level question

Ealadar
01-06-2019, 05:10 PM
I am curious about the consider color messages and experience given. I see a lot of posts about light blue consider and I know this is a thing on live but at level 50 all I see are blue and green consider colors. Now there are two different consider messages for green and one gives experience where the other does not. Is this a client side thing I am not seeing or are light blues actually green in color and just called light blue to differentiate the ones that give exp and the other that does not.

The second part of the question is experience given per kill. Is a light blue or green consider creature 1/2 of a blue kill? I know there is a section on this in the newbie guide but due to the colors (no light blue) I am not 100% sure of the answer.

Thanks for the help!

Ealamar
Level 50 Monk

Swish2
01-06-2019, 05:52 PM
The short "reasonably safe opponent" green /con is the official green, no XP to be had.

The slightly longer green message giving a bit of caution (I can never remember it word for word) is the light blue. So light blue still exists, it's just in a green font ^^

loramin
01-06-2019, 06:12 PM
I am curious about the consider color messages and experience given. I see a lot of posts about light blue consider and I know this is a thing on live but at level 50 all I see are blue and green consider colors. Now there are two different consider messages for green and one gives experience where the other does not. Is this a client side thing I am not seeing or are light blues actually green in color and just called light blue to differentiate the ones that give exp and the other that does not.

Yes.

As a fun historical note, for many years players here did see an actual light blue color in their /con messages. This wasn't classic though so the devs evntually removed it, making it so that you have to go by the message. I think light blue coloring might get added before Luclin, and so we might see it here again someday, but I'm too lazy to check.

The second part of the question is experience given per kill. Is a light blue or green consider creature 1/2 of a blue kill? I know there is a section on this in the newbie guide but due to the colors (no light blue) I am not 100% sure of the answer.

Allow me to let the wiki answer your question:

If the mob is light blue or green, the xp earned will be 50%, 25% or 0% of the stated value.

Also keep in mind that that's the percentage of the XP the mob gives, but lower level mobs give less experience. Thus, any given light blue will always give less than 50% of what even the lowest blue gives, because the light blue starts out giving less XP even before it gets halved.

Ealadar
01-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the clarification!

Vapos
01-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Green = green text stating, "you could probably win this fight". This con will result in 0 exp.

Light blue con = green text stating "you could probably win this fight...it's not certain though". This con results in either 50% or 25% of a solid blue con in the same zone depending on your level and its level.

This applies at level 60. I seem to remember getting exp for short message green cons at lower levels, though I can't be certain.

Hope that helps.

Cen
01-06-2019, 08:45 PM
Green = green text stating, "you could probably win this fight". This con will result in 0 exp.

Light blue con = green text stating "you could probably win this fight...it's not certain though". This con results in either 50% or 25% of a solid blue con in the same zone depending on your level and its level.

This applies at level 60. I seem to remember getting exp for short message green cons at lower levels, though I can't be certain.

Hope that helps.

At level 54, you will gain experience from a level 38 mob displaying the short message. I know this as I'm camping one right now :p 39s give the long message, 37s no xp