PDA

View Full Version : Does faction matter for me?

Zonais
01-09-2019, 07:48 PM
I'm an agnostic enchanter. I can basically move around the world as I see fit with illusions and faction changing spells etc.

My question is as I go around leveling, should I avoid any camps that may harm certain factions I can't raise back up easily or trick the people into loving me anyways? Like any guard camps in certain cities or anything like this?

ScaringChildren
01-09-2019, 07:53 PM
I'm an agnostic enchanter. I can basically move around the world as I see fit with illusions and faction changing spells etc.

My question is as I go around leveling, should I avoid any camps that may harm certain factions I can't raise back up easily or trick the people into loving me anyways? Like any guard camps in certain cities or anything like this?

Killing stuff in Crushbone and Mistmoore(?) can hurt Neriak factions.

Crushbone hurts DE Warrior guild faction.

Mistmoore may not even hurt a faction...not sure about that one.

Other than that, you're okay. I think, I dunno.

Also try not to kill any of the mole people in Kunark.

Killing one makes you KOS.

snyder43
01-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Great question! I also play an agnostic enchanter. Part of the enc epic requires you to go to The Hole and kill the Ghost of Kindle. When you get Collaboration, you can use the Earth Elemental Illusion, cast Collaboration on a mob in The Hole, and basically walk through most of the zone. When you engage Kindle, no other mobs will assist her.

However, if you start killing in The Hole, you'll trash your faction, and getting back to Kindle's Spawn point solo is going to be tough! A buffed level 55 enchanter pet can solo Kindle when she's slowed. My advice to you is to avoid killing in The Hole until you get the piece off her.

All this being said, exp in The Hole is great, and the drops aren't bad either.

snyder43
01-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Like any guard camps in certain cities or anything like this?

I completely forgot to mention this.. but you should definitely do the part of the enchanter epic that takes place in Oggok before you start killing there. You can do this part as soon as you get the Ogre illusion, it's super easy, and takes about 15 minutes.

Bardp1999
01-10-2019, 02:54 PM
As a necromancer I kill at will and find this thread offensive

branamil
01-10-2019, 03:29 PM
almost no old world or kunark factions matter for enchanter unless you want them for banking convenience. Certain epics need old world factions but not enchanters. Possibly except KnightsOfTruth and PriestsOfLife if you want to do a soulfire, or MinionsofUnderfoot if you want to explore the Hole.

In velious its much worse, there are some factions which can't be fixed like Velketor, TunareanCourt, Geonids, and SirensoftheGrotto.

vanix
01-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Killing stuff in Crushbone and Mistmoore(?) can hurt Neriak factions.

Crushbone hurts DE Warrior guild faction.

Mistmoore may not even hurt a faction...not sure about that one.

Other than that, you're okay. I think, I dunno.

Also try not to kill any of the mole people in Kunark.

Killing one makes you KOS.

BEST INFORMATION LOOK NO FURTHER!

Para99
01-12-2019, 04:37 PM
Never take the faction hit from killing Velketor and you'll be able to roam the zone and kill freely, but that one is easy to avoid.

A lot of people don't tank their SG faction so they can stroll through to Western Wastes, but a lot of other people do tank it so they can farm SG. If you do tank it it's still possible to get through without a Succor while KOS.

Like Snyder said, not tanking Hole faction can have a few benefits but it's not a huge deal either way.