PDA

View Full Version : Be wary of the player Nekolyas

ajohnymous
01-13-2019, 05:05 PM
Sorry if this doesn't belong here. I messed up, made a mistake, and traded Nekolays (Dark Elf SK) 1500p and clicked accept thinking it was a friend of mine standing directly next to him. Like anyone else would do, he accepted. Then went LD.

When he eventually logged back on, I asked for it back and explained what happened. Long story short, he denied, denied, denied then eventually changed his story and began flaming and whatnot. You know, typical EQ drama stuffs.

It's totally my fault, he's not entitled to give it back in any way. What I would really like to have happen is to give that money to fresh players who actually need it.

If you end up grouping with him, just be wary with loot and whatnot.

Octopath
01-13-2019, 05:12 PM
At least he is a SK. I’d expect that kind of behavior from them.

ajohnymous
01-13-2019, 05:17 PM
I never considered that he was role playing =]

kaev
01-13-2019, 05:30 PM

A solid majority of the players here are playing the role "greedy child" 24x7, or would be if they didn't have to sleep sometimes.

mizzbiscuits
01-13-2019, 05:45 PM
I probably would have done the same. Cut your losses and move on, 1500 isn’t much.

LoganVivisected
01-14-2019, 03:00 AM
I've seen that particular character throw a fit in a recent Unrest PUG over tanking while refusing to tank himself even though the group was having 0 issues with the mobs/pace.

My recommendation is just to avoid the player. The vast majority of people on this server have been awesome so far, (I caveat that with the fact that I'm new and haven't made it to raid levels yet lol).

Also 1500 is significant for some of us... I know I've made maybe 2500ish total leveling my main to 32 as a High Elf pally. I'm only just now starting to make about 200p per bank run from MM in my 30s where before it was about 70 or so in Ugukk in my 20s. I would be a bit ticked off for losing that, that would be enough for my next round of bronze armor upgrades! Lol

fadetree
01-14-2019, 09:32 AM
I don't know about 'as anyone else would have done'. I personally would not have clicked accept, and I'm sure that most people would not have clicked. If I did it by accident or something I'd have messaged you asking if you really meant to give that to me.

Lanzellot
01-14-2019, 09:41 AM
I don't know about 'as anyone else would have done'. I personally would not have clicked accept, and I'm sure that most people would not have clicked. If I did it by accident or something I'd have messaged you asking if you really meant to give that to me.

the most oldschool players has charakter ,but the most newcomers are rats beware in ec

aaezil
01-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Sound like a real Bvummy type

Cecily
01-14-2019, 10:02 AM
Clicking a ground spawn isn’t outright theft like this is.

aaezil
01-14-2019, 10:20 AM

Yeah he clicked something on the ground instead of on a trade window so its totally not stealing then *eye roll*.

Mblake1981
01-14-2019, 10:22 AM

If he was RP'ing I would expect some quality banter about the glory of Neriak/Grobb or Oggok (depending on his race) with the latter two being "spokn lik dis" since those two races are idiots.

Smash da Huumies! Green Con, Green Skin!

Edit: Might've been a human or Erudite.. something about the hard knocks streets of East Freeport or living in the Hole, so they don't know, got all your gold, punk ass robbed cold.

kuuky
01-14-2019, 01:37 PM
RP or not this is a scumbag move

kuuky
01-14-2019, 01:39 PM

I think Cecily is referencing that "book not up" situation.

Lanzellot
01-14-2019, 01:47 PM
RP or not this is a scumbag move

iam by you easiest way to get so pissrats away ruin his faction ,dont group with him etc

Cecily
01-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Yeah he clicked something on the ground instead of on a trade window so its totally not stealing then *eye roll*.

Yeah it is different because bvmmy claimed an item that didn’t have an owner whereas whoever rando claimed items that already did. One situation is ineffectual guild leadership throwing a public temper tantrum and the other is theft. I really hope you’re trolling me.

Evia
01-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Yeah it is different because bvmmy claimed an item that didn’t have an owner whereas whoever rando claimed items that already did. One situation is ineffectual guild leadership throwing a public temper tantrum and the other is theft. I really hope you’re trolling me.

Failing to see the difference? Both are taking what doesnt belong to them, therefore both are theft. You can split hairs and say the book didnt have an "owner" but Id argue it belonged to the raid. I really hope you're just dropping inception levels of troll here...

aaezil
01-14-2019, 07:43 PM

You seem a bit bull headed so ill explain it slowly...
When a two guilds go up to hate to farm together im sure they intend to share whatever is up there (mobs/ground spawn/whatever) Racing to steal the groud spawn without asking anyone in the other guild and then lying/trying to cover it up is stealing. Wow did i really have to explain that.

Cecily
01-14-2019, 09:10 PM
Didn’t read, but ground spawns are first come first served items. This is different than taking money that doesn’t belong to you.

Hope this helps.

Samaritan
01-14-2019, 09:35 PM
Lost all respeck for the OP when he done brought race into this.

aaezil
01-14-2019, 09:45 PM
Didn’t read, but ground spawns are first come first served items. This is different than taking money that doesn’t belong to you.

Hope this helps.

Born autistic or did it develop later in life?

At least you dont play anymore so that’s one less morally bankrupt person logged in.

Talinthis
01-14-2019, 10:04 PM

Hope this helps.

you really should start then.

Cecily
01-14-2019, 10:13 PM
I’m sorry you guys are wrong.

ajohnymous
01-14-2019, 10:18 PM
Fellas this ain’t RnF, just a heads up.

TheSurgeon
01-14-2019, 11:15 PM
Bvmmey is a scumbag worthless piece of human shit, Nekyolas is a profiteering scumbag. There could be fifteen different distinctions, it matters not. The one thing both have in common is that they are reprehensible fuck wads.

Cen
01-15-2019, 02:37 AM
There's a rule about being comedic about you're evil and it being not as evil. That Bvmmey played the comedy card well ;D

Tupakk
01-15-2019, 02:41 AM
I’ll give you 1500p, ain’t shit to an OG.

Swish2
01-15-2019, 03:36 AM

I'd say the zone is under raid rules in that instance...there's cash to be made from a book of souls (as well as it leading to someone getting their epic, which helps raid dps/effiency), there isn't cash to be made from a ground spawn ancient coin or Velious portal key.

Hope this distinction helps.

Tethler
01-15-2019, 05:54 AM

Then why did he feel the need to lie about it?

*hint* Because he knew it was wrong.

Just like accepting the 1500p trade and /q'ing isn't against the rules, but it's also not the right thing to do.

I would say "hope this helps", but I know it won't due to mental disorder or w/e

chaosegg
01-15-2019, 06:07 AM
I find, as a general rule, you get what you give/bring... out of your personal interactions with other players.
So if you come with a good attitude and are nice/generous,
then you're more likely to receive similar treatment.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The above is a fairly important point,
since it only takes one person in the group to start the grump-fest-snowball rolling.
I've seen that particular character throw a fit in a recent Unrest PUG over tanking while refusing to tank himself even though the group was having 0 issues with the mobs/pace.

My recommendation is just to avoid the player.
Uhg. I personally avoid games where I have to be around lots of people like that;
fortunately people like that are so super rare on p99 blue [in my exp] that they stand out.
It sounds like a "childish personality issue"... inexperience, incomplete physical development, or some other brokenness perhaps.
Whatever the cause avoidance is a good idea, if possible, after trying the nice/polite /tell* with benefit-of-the-doubt first, and having that fail.
*/tell to find out if they were just having a bad day/life,
and/or let them know their behavior is unacceptable
to the point that the admins may have to take action to protect the other players and the server's reputation.
Maybe someone is their parent who should be notified that they are failing in their primary duty as a parent:
to teach their child how to be vaguely acceptable to the rest of humanity...
better yet, to make the child more likely to be invited back, instead of shunned after first contact.
We all choose to spend our free time here with certain expectations of the types of interaction / stimuli ranges we may encounter;
if someone wants to act outside those acceptable ranges they should find somewhere else to play so our time spent here is not unnecessarily wasted.
The vast majority of people on this server have been awesome so far, (I caveat that with the fact that I'm new and haven't made it to raid levels yet lol).
Also 1500 is significant for some of us...
... I would be a bit ticked off for losing that,...
I agree. I have met few better mmo communities (EVE-Online maybe?).
People here have been especially excellent to me and others who are new to p99;
helping out with items/cash where needed/wanted, info when asked,
and little or no maliciousness/mean jokes.
Why? My theory:
Compared with the average online game server population RL ages,
most p99 people tend to be more mature due to older ages
(having lived longer, gained more RL exp which usually, although not always, increases maturity in people).
As for raid levels, I think the nice/decency/maturity generally holds true,
though with a limited and time-consuming resource (raid mobs),
potential chance for "personality issues" to cause conflict does increase.

and yeah... I think 1500pp is a huge amount of money to anyone who does not yet have a 46+ character on the server.
On a personal note, the dishonor in refusing to return the money would be inconceivable for me personally to bear, but everyone is different I suppose
(and this adds to my belief that the individual in question is under the age of 25, probably under age 16 iRL).

jedi6581
01-15-2019, 07:19 AM
This guy has acted CRAAAAZY with me!!! He gave me 1500 without warning and just accepted instantly. I am a Dark Elf shadow knight and I was going to heckle him about getting it back but I went LD. I came back on, and after playing about an hour or two, he sends me a /tell asking for the plat back. Well naturally I don't have it! Then he starts going on a rampage telling everyone in /ooc that I stole his 1500 plat and its all my fault. WHAT CRAP!!! I understand I didn't have it to give back, but It was your fault and your fault only you were so impatient to give a complete stranger that amount of money, not even looking at the top of the trade window to the name your trading to, and just hitting accept. So then I asked him what I could do to make this right and the cut out all the hate spawning/shaming of my name for his own mistake, and all he said was give that money back "THAT I STOLE" or give it to new players. Well i told him in game I would if i could but i literally had 89 plat to my name but its his if he wants it for a start right now and he REFUESE!!! I do RP in game but man you took it to a whole other level, making character after character for hours, characters called for example Nekolyasisathief, Nekolyasisaliar and such going around major zones telling everyone in /ooc that I stole 1500 plat from you, and when people asked what happened like in unrest the zone I was in, you would LIE and say I took your money and ran off with it. YOU NEED TO STOP, THIS WAS YOUR FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE. You just want to be the BIIIIIIG BAAAABY going around crying so that everyone will feel sorry for you. Im a new player to and ive had some horrrrible stuff happen to me, such as you getting me kicked from my guild because of this with NO PRROF shwon to them but yeah, kicked me anyways. I've had people message me calling me a thief and that this is karma for stealing people ITEMS in a TRADE????? You are blowing this out of proportion and the story is changing as its passed along. Cut your losses and move on or wait until I can grind and start making some payments but damn dude, stop being such an asshole about it. I've never seen someone devote so much time to spewing hate, if you want to be mad be mad AT YOURSELF! I am a kind player, I don't ninja loot, I have friends who group with me on the regular and the only problem in 30 levels of the game so far has been YOU and YOU ONLY!!! LEAVE ME ALONE

Taiku
01-15-2019, 07:52 AM
This guy has acted CRAAAAZY with me!!! He gave me 1500 without warning and just accepted instantly. I am a Dark Elf shadow knight and I was going to heckle him about getting it back but I went LD. I came back on, and after playing about an hour or two, he sends me a /tell asking for the plat back. Well naturally I don't have it! Then he starts going on a rampage telling everyone in /ooc that I stole his 1500 plat and its all my fault. WHAT CRAP!!! I understand I didn't have it to give back, but It was your fault and your fault only you were so impatient to give a complete stranger that amount of money, not even looking at the top of the trade window to the name your trading to, and just hitting accept. So then I asked him what I could do to make this right and the cut out all the hate spawning/shaming of my name for his own mistake, and all he said was give that money back "THAT I STOLE" or give it to new players. Well i told him in game I would if i could but i literally had 89 plat to my name but its his if he wants it for a start right now and he REFUESE!!! I do RP in game but man you took it to a whole other level, making character after character for hours, characters called for example Nekolyasisathief, Nekolyasisaliar and such going around major zones telling everyone in /ooc that I stole 1500 plat from you, and when people asked what happened like in unrest the zone I was in, you would LIE and say I took your money and ran off with it. YOU NEED TO STOP, THIS WAS YOUR FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE. You just want to be the BIIIIIIG BAAAABY going around crying so that everyone will feel sorry for you. Im a new player to and ive had some horrrrible stuff happen to me, such as you getting me kicked from my guild because of this with NO PRROF shwon to them but yeah, kicked me anyways. I've had people message me calling me a thief and that this is karma for stealing people ITEMS in a TRADE????? You are blowing this out of proportion and the story is changing as its passed along. Cut your losses and move on or wait until I can grind and start making some payments but damn dude, stop being such an asshole about it. I've never seen someone devote so much time to spewing hate, if you want to be mad be mad AT YOURSELF! I am a kind player, I don't ninja loot, I have friends who group with me on the regular and the only problem in 30 levels of the game so far has been YOU and YOU ONLY!!! LEAVE ME ALONE

wowee "Well naturally I don't have it!" you spent the 1500p in an hour or two of playing? I can understand the rush after you accepted the trade, and went LD hoping the mistake would go unnoticed but really seems unlikely you just don't have it anymore.

He did act pretty childish from your description of the events, especially if he was harassing you like that, and it's probably pretty discouraging to the thought of giving his money back after all that, but I will say that 1500p is not a lot, and reputation/friends are worth a lot more, if you planned on staying on the server it might do you good to set things right, people make mistakes, seems like you both did.

And if you reaaaalllyy don't have it, where did it gooooo?

Fammaden
01-15-2019, 07:57 AM

Quoted this mess of words in case of edit.

So at the very least you're saying you spent the money after this happened? The "right" thing to do would have been to hold on to it until the guy maybe contacted you again or if you knew his name to contact him. One could have even gone so far as to make a post here and/or on reddit trying to find the guy to give it back if you didn't know the name. Here's another crazy thought, don't hit accept on the trade when you knew he had no reason to be handing you 1500 plat.

That's all assuming you really did just happen to "go LD" immediately after the trade, which anyone reasonable is going to find suspicious. Let's face it here, you did something shitty by accepting this trade and then even shittier by spending the money. The dude is having a bit of a meltdown about it but when you're low level and that's all your money in the world it feels pretty bad.

Mblake1981
01-15-2019, 07:59 AM
I mean, you should have offered the coin back but first he would need to come to Neriak to visit the blue flame (https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Visiting_Priestess)...

make sure your idiot troll helper hides the sacrificial blade (https://wiki.project1999.com/Sacrificial_Dagger) behind his back.

Edit: Quoted this mess of words in case of edit.

I do approve of his using a tormented hobbit to do his forum writing.

Cecily
01-15-2019, 08:15 AM
There’s a number of people I’d like to visit the blue flame with in this thread. Pssst. Hey, Swish. Come on over to Neriak. I wanna show you something.

Cecily
01-15-2019, 08:51 AM
On a more serious note, I apologize to the people who feel differently, but I cannot see your point of view regarding the hate incident and one of my talents is putting my head up (be nice...). It’s just as a long time rogue player, one who has very strong opinions on the ethics of stealing in this game and has put far more thought into the imaginary topic than any reasonable person should, I don’t think bvmmy did anything wrong. The lying just wins him rogue points in my opinion.

TheSurgeon
01-15-2019, 09:38 AM

If not a troll, and likely a troll, then this post further confirms my suspicions. I have, if you will indulge me for a moment, believed for some time that Nilbog, Rogean, or another person of the staff, even quite possibly an enthusiastic fan of EverQuest works in IT at Lake Tardicaca. While they they decided to outfit all of the computers with Project1999. This peculiar strain of autism, down syndrome, and other pock marks along that spectrum seem to have clustered on this server. And I believe that this pandemic, as pervasive as it seems to be, has even converted those of reasonable bearing.

How is it that such a collection of borderline illiteracy has congregated on such a server? My previous observation is the only theory that I believe satisfies my conclusion. This regurgitation of words, a kindness this slush is undeserving of, displays what the breeding of hillbillies and ogres produces. Even then I would expect decency though brutish stupidity. You have none, and thus I can only conclude autism drugs and poverty have produced such a person.

Mead
01-15-2019, 09:46 AM
well naturally

kotton05
01-15-2019, 03:08 PM
OP doesn’t deserve any platever

LazyHydras
01-15-2019, 03:25 PM
Sound like a real Bvummy type

Book not up.

DoucLangur
01-15-2019, 04:04 PM
I've had people message me calling me a thief and that this is karma for stealing people ITEMS in a TRADE?????

Dead giveaway. No one on P1999 gives enough of a shit about ooc "thief" cries to go out of their comfort zone to send the target of the accusations a tell :D

Entertaining up to there though, as far as trolling goes *g*

Primordial Ooze
01-15-2019, 05:38 PM
Yeah, going "linkdead" right after a trade is pretty suspicious. Having that linkdeath result in the coin traded poofing is... one hell of a coincidence.

But hey, there's a way to clear your name! Submit a petition and show proof that you did so. Ask if GMs will get involved and check logs. That'd go a long way toward getting your reputation back.

Unless for some reason you're reluctant to have GMs look into this.

Also, you were booted from your guild for blowing up guild chat and OOC, from the best of my knowledge. I was on when you got booted.

Bardp1999
01-15-2019, 06:26 PM
I would petition, the Guides hate shit like this because it runs new players off the server over a simple mistake.

Bardp1999
01-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Also, you were booted from your guild for blowing up guild chat and OOC, from the best of my knowledge. I was on when you got booted.

And the plot thickens. Please elaborate so we can make a proper ruling in the court of public appeals.

paulgiamatti
01-15-2019, 06:49 PM
hey guys

what's goin on in this thread

kaizersoze
01-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Someone stupidly gave someone money and hit trade without making sure it was the right person.

Frudrura
01-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Long story short, he denied, denied, denied then eventually changed his story and began flaming and whatnot.

The impenetrable defense.

Cen
01-16-2019, 12:49 AM
Book not up.

Well naturally!

mattydef
01-16-2019, 02:04 AM
Move this to rnf so we can see this threads full potential

nostalgiaquest
01-16-2019, 02:24 AM

i tried to read this while i was drunk and i literally couldn't do it.

ZiggyTheMuss
01-16-2019, 02:43 AM
I actually saw this Nekolyas guy drowning puppies in the oasis the other day, he should be tarred and feathered damnit!

Primordial Ooze
01-16-2019, 08:46 AM
And the plot thickens. Please elaborate so we can make a proper ruling in the court of public appeals.

Not much to elaborate. He got called on it in guild chat and threw a fit. I'm guessing he also mouthed off to whatever officer was trying to get the full story from him, though I don't actually know. I heard he was blowing up Butcherblock OOC as well. I wasn't paying that much attention.

Hrothgar
01-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Could this be the birth of p99 pride fights? Move to RnF... I want to see where this goes.

jedi6581
01-16-2019, 02:50 PM
Well I ended up working it out with the guy who gave me the 1500 platnium. He messaged me again when I logged on asking for the platinum, but yet again I didn’t have it. I think I only had about 100 in all, but I told him that I had lied about what happened and that I wanted to let him know what really happened. After he gave me the platinum and I went LD, I got back on within about 30 minutes and but didn’t see the guy around or even remember his name, so I let temptation get the better of me and I spent the platnium in gear. Another 30 minutes went by and I thought I was all good and that there wasn’t going to be any problems, and that platinum didn’t really mean too much to the guy who had given it to me, but I was wrong. I got a message asking “Where is my platinum” and I felt sick to my stomach because I could never get that much money back to him not in any reasonable amount of time because I’m level 31 and this is my main character. So I thought quick and stupid and said that the plat went poof when I went LD after the trade. I thought he was going to be kissed by what I had just said but instead he said,” it’s ok I forgive, thank you for finally telling me the truth.” I told him I’d do whatever it takes and pay him whatever I could, whevener i could pay it but he just replied,” pay it back to the noobs who need help once your established and on your feet.” Well after my ranting and racing at how crazy this guy was, he actually ended up being one of the coolest guys I’ve met in the game and I have him on my friends list now. I know my name was hooooribbly rubbed in the mud and that really sucks and you can’t take that back, but thinking about it that’s what I get for lying instead of just telling the truth in the first place. Lying gets you nowhere fast

Hrothgar
01-16-2019, 03:11 PM
after my ranting and racing at how crazy this guy was, he actually ended up being one of the coolest guys I’ve met in the game and I have him on my friends list now.

GG guys!

Not gonna lie, schadenfreud was runnin high on this thread. As much as I love bloodsport on elf sim forums, this is a cool resolution.

Taiku
01-16-2019, 03:11 PM
Well I ended up working it out with the guy who gave me the 1500 platnium. He messaged me again when I logged on asking for the platinum, but yet again I didn’t have it. I think I only had about 100 in all, but I told him that I had lied about what happened and that I wanted to let him know what really happened. After he gave me the platinum and I went LD, I got back on within about 30 minutes and but didn’t see the guy around or even remember his name, so I let temptation get the better of me and I spent the platnium in gear. Another 30 minutes went by and I thought I was all good and that there wasn’t going to be any problems, and that platinum didn’t really mean too much to the guy who had given it to me, but I was wrong. I got a message asking “Where is my platinum” and I felt sick to my stomach because I could never get that much money back to him not in any reasonable amount of time because I’m level 31 and this is my main character. So I thought quick and stupid and said that the plat went poof when I went LD after the trade. I thought he was going to be kissed by what I had just said but instead he said,” it’s ok I forgive, thank you for finally telling me the truth.” I told him I’d do whatever it takes and pay him whatever I could, whevener i could pay it but he just replied,” pay it back to the noobs who need help once your established and on your feet.” Well after my ranting and racing at how crazy this guy was, he actually ended up being one of the coolest guys I’ve met in the game and I have him on my friends list now. I know my name was hooooribbly rubbed in the mud and that really sucks and you can’t take that back, but thinking about it that’s what I get for lying instead of just telling the truth in the first place. Lying gets you nowhere fast

Oh my what did you buy in 30 min with suddenly acquired 1500 plat in gfay area?

YendorLootmonkey
01-16-2019, 05:31 PM

Hot cyber with dudes roleplaying as wood elf girls.

Jimjam
01-16-2019, 05:40 PM

Prolly an espresso from the Guild HQ café (with a hell of a view and would elf in lap).

rollin5k
01-17-2019, 12:23 AM

flat out retard or liar? either way

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-17-2019, 04:17 AM
Aww damn... Shows over...

Lanzellot
01-17-2019, 07:02 AM

i hope you learnd your leassion ,we the community here will ruin your reputation fast ,well if the op said all good now go a better way now and dont be a scammer rat ,We want our server free from this scumbags greets

TheSurgeon
01-17-2019, 08:25 AM
flat out retard or liar? either way

If you always assume retard here you will be wrong once in a blue moon.