PDA

View Full Version : Why people use bank ???

Nahilu
01-18-2019, 06:39 PM
I don't understand really.

Make a bard level 5 with selo and you run just fine with 500k on you.

You can shop , run from t1 t2 and then do your everyday grocery.

People like running bank then come back tunnel ?

People sell in tunnel you know not in bank !!!

You need your pp in EC Tunnel not in bank.

Don't start with he xfer excuse please .....

There always people that will XFER your stuff gladly.

Time you create a mule bard and you will save time

renarin
01-18-2019, 06:44 PM
Quality post, A+. No reason to bank, ever.

Nahilu
01-18-2019, 06:47 PM
If we would have shared bank , yes but we don't so....

Jimjam
01-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Some characters have levelled beyond 5 and search for adventures EVEN MORE EXCITING than murdering young black bears. Shocking, I know.

Qtip
01-18-2019, 06:55 PM
Or make a level 1 necro and buy first pet. Put plat in trade window with pet and you can run normal speed.

Why even waste time leveling a bard to level 5???

Nahilu
01-18-2019, 06:56 PM
anything works .... but banking is a waste of time for buyer/seller.

When people tell me brb going bank im always like WTF

Qtip
01-18-2019, 07:01 PM

Shut up and buy rosetta stone already. 3rd world country living rat.

baakss
01-18-2019, 07:02 PM
Why people always complain wait for bank.

Just cancel plans have no where to go later.

Then CAn wait forever. for ppl run to bank.

Droxx
01-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Why people use lot word when few word do trick?

indiscriminate_hater
01-18-2019, 07:19 PM
legendary post, I count myself lucky to be on page 1

Lysander
01-18-2019, 07:25 PM
Quality post from Boutik. I am loving it. I am missing all the old posts of Schnickasaurus declaring that CoF are now only 60k and everyone needs to sell to him NOW.

We need more boutik not less.

Bardp1999
01-18-2019, 07:35 PM

You gain extra money from money being in the actual bank. P99 has a 1% interest rate on money that you leave "invested" with the banker. I'm actually really surprised you don't know this mechanic being the tunnel rat that you are.

ZiggyTheMuss
01-18-2019, 07:39 PM
Take a toaster-bath, Boutik!

aaezil
01-18-2019, 07:50 PM
No thanks, tunnel is cancer. Have fun paying 30-50% more because of resellers.

Smurflogik
01-18-2019, 08:22 PM
Hot tip: There's an entire game world beyond the tunnel, and sometimes you want to be able to access your stuff there. Shocking. I know.

Spoonerism
01-18-2019, 08:36 PM

lol, just be happy someone is buying your item so you don't have to sit there for another 30 minutes - 17 hours :-P

kuuky
01-18-2019, 08:54 PM

Or mind your own business and let people do what they want with their plat.

Cen
01-18-2019, 09:07 PM
I have full character roster and my brain can only handle one set of login information.

bluntfang
01-18-2019, 09:13 PM
why are you playing a game that is famous because it is an extreme time sink?

Aerumnous
01-18-2019, 09:31 PM
People use the bank because they enjoy the inconvenience of it.

Lmfao, speaking of which, I legit had someone tell me that I "could not endgame without using the bank".

Holy crap was that a great laugh.

Nahilu
01-18-2019, 09:48 PM
You should not use bank unless you want loose everyone time/yours.

If you enjoy loosing your time.

Then please , don't ask me to RUN bank , cuz i wont even if you buy my stuff you'll have to pay 20% extra to make me run there.

aaezil
01-18-2019, 10:26 PM
lol, just be happy someone is buying your item so you don't have to sit there for another 30 minutes - 17 hours :-P

He will sit there anyway op is addicted to sitting in tunnel

White_knight
01-18-2019, 10:43 PM
Quality post from Boutik. I am loving it. I am missing all the old posts of Schnickasaurus declaring that CoF are now only 60k and everyone needs to sell to him NOW.

We need more boutik not less.

Maybe Boutik is just Schnikasaurus in disguise!!!

Talinthis
01-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Or make a level 1 necro and buy first pet. Put plat in trade window with pet and you can run normal speed.

Why even waste time leveling a bard to level 5???

hey i heard this story a couple weeks ago!

and then POOF 76k gone when you for some reason click trade by habit!

enjchanter
01-18-2019, 10:57 PM
I just throw spare change in the bank to keep up with my recharge costs

Lune
01-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Sounds like someone successfully trolled boutik into running to the bank to make a sale, or at least the prospect of it. Hats off to whoever it was

kuuky
01-18-2019, 11:06 PM
You should not use bank unless you want loose everyone time/yours.

If you enjoy loosing your time.

Then please , don't ask me to RUN bank , cuz i wont even if you buy my stuff you'll have to pay 20% extra to make me run there.

Dude seriously learn how to type better English. With all the time you apparently have on your hands, which is probably just a lie to cover the fact you are a loser, pick up a Rosetta Stone for English and read it. You sound like an idiot with your broken and incomplete sentences.

Disclaimer:
I am not saying people who play MMOs are losers since after all I play one. It's just those that feel the need to start threads trying to convince others that they are not a loser are actually losers.

Tethler
01-18-2019, 11:16 PM
I don't want to keep an EC mule, and I don't even pool my money. Gonna need you to wait while I log on 3 characters and run to each of their banks while I pay you in 3 parts, thanks.

kuuky
01-18-2019, 11:24 PM
Maybe Boutik is just Schnikasaurus in disguise!!!

I don't remember Schnick sounding like a blabbering idiot when he posted stuff.

An example I copied from a closed thread Schnick wrote:

"Hey all,

Its been some time now since I was active EC tunnel dealer and Europa raider.

I want to thank you ALL for an amazing experience in p1999 everquest.

I regret to inform you that I have decided to quit the game, perhaps not with the best reputation.

All things come to an end.

If new server is released i will play for at least one manastone

Later all! I hope i dont create a price boost to elder beads / cos / ornate velium pendants with these news still got 8x of all almost

And sorry if I upset some of you. Its just a game"

Now for a Boutik writing:

Not.Even.Close

Jenithia
01-18-2019, 11:28 PM
You want know why I use benk
I use benk as servive
You no see bottle melk at storeman in tunnel
You no see floofy muffin sale at EC tunnels
You see many pepples but no milks
I use benk, grab my pp, get the milk, kill two birbs one stone . There u go, very nice!
Thank you for listen. Many thank, god bless

kuuky
01-18-2019, 11:35 PM
Jen you are a breath of fresh air in an otherwise total waste of a thread. Hats off to you!

Jenithia
01-19-2019, 12:15 AM
I do what I can (lol)

cornisthebest
01-19-2019, 01:37 AM
im surprised nobody has mentioned no drop items lol

ScaringChildren
01-19-2019, 09:27 AM
P99 needs a mobile banking app

Madbad
01-19-2019, 01:04 PM
they need to make every item that drops a crypto token

Danth
01-19-2019, 01:33 PM
Why do people use the EC tunnel for selling? Set up the player-run auctions in North Freeport (or someplace else with a bank, but that's the best) and you wouldn't have that problem anymore.

Danth

bennett1jb
01-19-2019, 02:11 PM
My monk now have grate shame
use bank no longer.

i will get gud at game,
Everything is looser.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-19-2019, 03:28 PM
Boutik with Carrot on a Stick - 1
Norrath's Forum Patrol - 0

Except for this guy:

im surprised nobody has mentioned no drop items lol

He actually makes a good point. The rest of you just fell into the trap.

Kanuvan
01-19-2019, 04:00 PM
and there will be people to happily steal your 500k plat so please, you will wait the extra paultry 5 mins for me to bank or you get no sale sir

Kohedron
01-19-2019, 04:26 PM
To take this one step further, what is 'currency'?

Why do people put value in arbitrary coins known as 'money'?

Jimjam
01-19-2019, 05:04 PM
To take this one step further, what is 'currency'?

Why do people put value in arbitrary coins known as 'money'?

It can be transmogrified into muffins, bandages, Lendel's lager, and more rarely, peridots and pearls.

Oh and tink bags

If anyone else finds some good uses for plat pst.

Crede
01-19-2019, 05:15 PM
Just need EC to move to Gfay. This would solve all

Nahilu
01-19-2019, 05:45 PM
Well keep using bank idc .... Your the one that loose time to run bank to tunnel encumbered every time you buy something.

Your the one that loose your time for nothing.

I sell Everyday at EC and people ask me to meet at bank ... i'm like no lol.

I'd rather not sell than run bank.

Nahilu
01-19-2019, 05:49 PM
I could ask same question about ports in overthere....

Why Druid sell port at SF Ramp when 99% of people that buy port comes from Hammerhill.

Why ???

To makes us loose time to run at ramp at every ports ?

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-19-2019, 06:03 PM
I could ask same question about ports in overthere....

Why Druid sell port at SF Ramp when 99% of people that buy port comes from Hammerhill.

Why ???

To makes us loose time to run at ramp at every ports ?

This is actually something i've wondered.....

But there are folks who port from hammerhill, and they typically get ports out first, and directly more tips. I also tend to tip people who port from Hammerhill more. This whole porting from ramp thing I imagine is some weird groupthink mentality.

Para99
01-19-2019, 06:12 PM

But there are folks who port from hammerhill, and they typically get ports out first, and directly more tips. I also tend to tip people who port from Hammerhill more. This whole porting from ramp thing I imagine is some weird groupthink mentality.

I think a lot of it has to do with sub level 50 porters see the outpost as more dangerous than it is, which is ironic because hammer hill its self is much safer than the SF ramp.

Then it perpetuates its self because people hammer in and run straight to SF ramp without checking if anyone is porting from hammer hill so even the porters 50+ that could hammer mostly end up porting from SF ramp.

Lune
01-19-2019, 06:16 PM

I imagine it's vestigial from a time when people were more afraid of goon agro and when a greater proportion of the population was lower level (more vulnerable to skelly/goon agro) and hammerless.

Mead
01-19-2019, 06:24 PM
skimmed through thread but basically what I got from it was op mad he has to wait on other people to do trades

this is the same dude who just made a boo hoo feel bad for me I'm handicapped thread and all I can do is sit in commons and trade my life away?

sounds like you got nothing better to do than wait for people in the ec tunnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0Wz-TI41E

Tuurin
01-19-2019, 06:41 PM

TYVM for A+ Norrath lifehax. Briiiiiiliiant!!!

Snyper
01-19-2019, 10:39 PM
This guy is crystallized cringe in its purest form.

Cen
01-20-2019, 02:57 AM

As someone who did thorough testing of porting business in DAP from HH versus Ramp. Ramp always makes more money per hour, more tips versus stiffs, higher tips per average.

Why? I don't know. It just worked out that way over the course of testing across a month or so.

Here is one reason why Skyfire ramp is a port hub: you are less likely to be murdered there. There is a dragoon who does a goofy path near HH occasionally and has a high aggro range. sucks for the KOS people.

Jimjam
01-20-2019, 03:02 AM
As someone who did thorough testing of porting business in DAP from HH versus Ramp. Ramp always makes more money per hour, more tips versus stiffs, higher tips per average.

Why? I don't know. It just worked out that way over the course of testing across a month or so.

Here is one reason why Skyfire ramp is a port hub: you are less likely to be murdered there. There is a dragoon who does a goofy path near HH occasionally and has a high aggro range. sucks for the KOS people.

I know I am more likely to tip plat at hammer hill. There is a bank there (on topic!!), and it's close enough to pull out a stack of pp if I was short on booty.

If you've hurried me to ramp, so I overlooked checking my inventory for plat you might get done crap or gems out of my inventory at best.

Diogene
01-20-2019, 04:28 AM
I use bank to change gold and for my 8 extra bags full of TS mats. Also bank is close to forge.

Iksar_with_a_plan
01-20-2019, 06:29 AM

you are safer at hammer hill having not have had to risk running by a big ass golem and various dragoons to GET to ramp. i know a dude who pops up in hammer hill and gets people to port immediately. People jumping right off the boat, to immediately be greeted by a porter. No mobs in the way, no running to ramp, no waiting for the cliff golem to path correctly.. Your post doesnt make sense.

The only reason for suspecting that ramp ports make more money (which I dont believe), is because everyone has it in their head that its the only place to port from / find a port. If i were a druid and you were a druid, and I was to stand at hammer hill and you were to stand at ramp at the same time, offering the same ports, I would steal all your business, and it would be easy..

tycohunden
01-20-2019, 06:41 AM
EC for auctioning was only used on the low tier servers. Mid tier servers used Kelethin and top tier servers all used North Freeport. Having to play on a low tier server using crappy EC for commerce makes me cringe. HARD. It's a fcking tunnel, who trades in tunnels? BUMS!
Get a grip p99. Nfp is clearly the patrician choice. Shame!

CodyF86
01-20-2019, 11:21 AM
I for one will be selling all my wares in nfp now. xD

gutterbrain
01-20-2019, 01:07 PM
EC for auctioning was only used on the low tier servers. Mid tier servers used Kelethin and top tier servers all used North Freeport. Having to play on a low tier server using crappy EC for commerce makes me cringe. HARD. It's a fcking tunnel, who trades in tunnels? BUMS!
Get a grip p99. Nfp is clearly the patrician choice. Shame!

This is my number one gripe with the server. On Veeshan, NFP was the trade hub. Evil toons kicked it in the evil tunnel and sellers would set up in the back yard of Jade Tiger along the wall. People would have bags full of equipment to put in the trade window for you to browse as you could not link items at the time.

This system of using the tunnel seems like a huge waste to me because there is a bank in NFP.

ZarkinFrood
01-20-2019, 02:25 PM

This is my new favorite rap song. (seriously, someone please set this to music)

Kesselring
01-20-2019, 02:52 PM
I feel like we need that brain meme where the normal brain is using a bank, the enlightened brain is using a level 5 bard, and the super enlightened brain doesnt even loot mobs.

Jimjam
01-20-2019, 05:01 PM
the super enlightened brain doesnt even loot mobs.selling MQs?

Vheran
01-21-2019, 03:29 PM
I'll put my pp wherever I want, boy.

Twochain
01-21-2019, 03:31 PM
Banks are worthless.

THE MARKET IS IN EC TUNNEL?!?!!?!

I leveled a ranger to 30 just so i could have a mule that dual wields and sows.

I keep some plat in the bank for ports in OT. And no drop items like doze tears.

That's it.

Diogene
01-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Another option is having a CR set in bank as an enchanter soloing in HS. Cant go wrong with that

workbench
01-21-2019, 04:19 PM
I remember there being loads of toons inside the kelethin bank... and it was always a jumping game to get back to the banker. Plus the music, so good!

Kanuvan
01-22-2019, 09:21 AM
here's my question, why do people sell on evil characters? if we were all humans we could sell right next to bank in NFP, if EC tunnels is endgame why gimp yourself as a iksar when you can be human?

YendorLootmonkey
01-22-2019, 10:06 AM
you are safer at hammer hill having not have had to risk running by a big ass golem and various dragoons to GET to ramp. i know a dude who pops up in hammer hill and gets people to port immediately. People jumping right off the boat, to immediately be greeted by a porter. No mobs in the way, no running to ramp, no waiting for the cliff golem to path correctly.. Your post doesnt make sense.

The only reason for suspecting that ramp ports make more money (which I dont believe), is because everyone has it in their head that its the only place to port from / find a port. If i were a druid and you were a druid, and I was to stand at hammer hill and you were to stand at ramp at the same time, offering the same ports, I would steal all your business, and it would be easy..

I think this thread needs to be more about moving the porters from ramp to hammer hill. Win/win for everyone. Who's coming in from Skyfire to get a convenient port??

Sacer
01-22-2019, 10:09 AM
here's my question, why do people sell on evil characters? if we were all humans we could sell right next to bank in NFP, if EC tunnels is endgame why gimp yourself as a iksar when you can be human?

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but people should never sell to the vendor next to north freeport bankers, that's a greedy vendor that buy for half and sell for twice the regular amount.

Jimjam
01-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Not sure if you're trolling or not, but people should never sell to the vendor next to north freeport bankers, that's a greedy vendor that buy for half and sell for twice the regular amount.

I thought that was OPs main!?

Nahilu
01-22-2019, 11:29 AM
See i sold something this morning guy logged his alt , then he needed bank but doh he dark ..... that took him 45minute to make a purchase at ec tunnel.

DAM in 45 minutes i make a bard 5 you know ?

I mean you guys loose your time to go bank everyday that pathetic , no wonder why it takes you 1 year to make a single 60.....

Faiding
01-22-2019, 02:24 PM
See i sold something this morning guy logged his alt , then he needed bank but doh he dark ..... that took him 45minute to make a purchase at ec tunnel.

I mean you guys loose your time to go bank everyday that pathetic , no wonder why it takes you 1 year to make a single 60.....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language#English_as_a_global_language (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language#English_as_a_global_language)

FYI

Nahilu
01-22-2019, 02:37 PM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language#English_as_a_global_language (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language#English_as_a_global_language)

FYI

FYI i speak 3 language and you speak only 1.

Who the stupidest here...

I make a point about EverQuest , that is a FACT , and yet the only thing you find to say is my english level ?

Your dumb really , who cares about perfect grammar , you think your the 1st one reproaching my english ?

Tu n'est meme pas capable de parler plus qu'une langue pi la seul chose que tu trouve a dire c'est que mon niveau anglais n'est pas a point.... L'important c'est de se comprendre si sa t'intereste tant que les gens aie un niveau ecrit parfait , deviens donc prof.

Zal22
01-22-2019, 03:17 PM

It's called enjoying the game.

Who is pathetic? You never leave the tunnel anyway, 45min is nothing to you.

Nahilu
01-22-2019, 03:29 PM
It's called enjoying the game.

Who is pathetic? You never leave the tunnel anyway, 45min is nothing to you.

So if I understand your point Enjoying the game is wasting your time in a non efficient way ?

It's like being in full group when puller sleep and there barely EVER a mob at camp ?

I spend time in tunnel yes , But remember EC is a SIDE computer for me , I play Ps4 , I play other MMO , Netflix etc...

I'm not at the EC computer , GINA tell me when i get PM and i look the offer.

My Setup is 100% efficient and i don't need spend precious time in front of EC.

Snyper
01-22-2019, 03:44 PM
So what you're saying is that you're using some AFK macro/bot to spam /auc while you do other things.

Aside from the server rules that you're likely violating, if people want to "waste" 45 minutes running around juggling plat, what difference does it make to you? You're still doing God knows what elsewhere while your macros continue to get spammed. It doesn't impact your little set up at all. What's the point in bitching about how other people utilize their time in P99 if you're not even at the computer to see it?

Plowyabeastlord
01-22-2019, 03:55 PM
So if I understand your point Enjoying the game is wasting your time in a non efficient way ?

It's like being in full group when puller sleep and there barely EVER a mob at camp ?

I spend time in tunnel yes , But remember EC is a SIDE computer for me , I play Ps4 , I play other MMO , Netflix etc...

Wait ? Your vagina tells you when you have a PM? Gross man. dont take the game so seriously...get a life, girlfriend, blowup doll?

White_knight
01-22-2019, 04:08 PM

So...what you saying is you using a key recorder presser to do your auctions and GINA to notify you when a tell comes in?

I've always suspected most of EC is just dudes playing their mains on raids or camps while hotspotting their EC toon on a 2nd laptop because that'd be the logical thing to do.

Mead
01-22-2019, 04:46 PM
Thread gets better every time he responds

Lune
01-22-2019, 05:29 PM
"I don't even pay attention to EC"
*whines about people taking too long to finish transactions*

Not to mention any time I've been intensively selling in the last 2-3 weeks he's there making lowball offers on all my stuff. At the very least the dude is closely monitoring auctions for long periods of time, or constantly attending to log-skimmer alerts.

Snyper
01-22-2019, 05:33 PM
I'd bet on log skimmers, or the random moments when he does hit the computer when responding to a GINA prompt.
Every character I make that has traveled through EC has him on /ignore, so the low-ball offers are no longer an issue for me.

Nahilu
01-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Always the same haters that follow me at each post.

I have my own Fan Club !!

Thanks guys love you.

You know... hating me , doesn't fact that my business run better than ever at T2 )

Jlpstrtkng
01-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Always the same haters that follow me at each post.

I have my own Fan Club !!

Thanks guys love you.

You know... hating me , doesn't fact that my business run better than ever at T2 )

Whatever keeps you from blowing your brains out man more power to you

Wonkie
01-22-2019, 06:58 PM
gina really shouldnt be allowed

Faiding
01-22-2019, 09:31 PM
FYI i speak 3 language and you speak only 1.

Who the stupidest here...

I make a point about EverQuest , that is a FACT , and yet the only thing you find to say is my english level ?

Your dumb really , who cares about perfect grammar , you think your the 1st one reproaching my english ?

Tu n'est meme pas capable de parler plus qu'une langue pi la seul chose que tu trouve a dire c'est que mon niveau anglais n'est pas a point.... L'important c'est de se comprendre si sa t'intereste tant que les gens aie un niveau ecrit parfait , deviens donc prof.

I'm confident you've firmly established yourself as the village idiot here.