PDA

View Full Version : Easiest plat farm for an Enchanter?

kingpinner
01-20-2019, 12:14 PM
I've been solo dungeon crawling a lot lately with my 41 enchanter after being inspired by many of Tecmos Deception's YouTube videos (thanks man). I realize now how important a GGR is for doing this properly. So, I've been focusing on getting one this weekend.

After 8 hours straight at the Sanrnak Courier spawn point yesterday with no ring, I realize it might be more helpful for me in the long run to learn how to farm money rather than this god forsaken ring drop. I'd rather know how to earn 6k pp in 8 hours of grinding rather than try my luck on this guy.

I wanted to hear your guys thoughts on what a 41 enchanter could do best for farming money.

I know just focusing on leveling will make things easier for things like this, but I want to enjoy each dungeon in the game a bit at the appropriate level range before blasting to max level. Solo dungeon crawling as an enchanter is challenging, exciting, and seriously fun when you get it going well.

So, my main goal right now is to get this ring one way or another. Knowing the best way to make money would help me beyond just this ring though.

All advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Rektyu

Muggens
01-20-2019, 06:17 PM
It's top secret matey

Baylan295
01-20-2019, 06:19 PM
I've been solo dungeon crawling a lot lately with my 41 enchanter after being inspired by many of Tecmos Deception's YouTube videos (thanks man). I realize now how important a GGR is for doing this properly. So, I've been focusing on getting one this weekend.

After 8 hours straight at the Sanrnak Courier spawn point yesterday with no ring, I realize it might be more helpful for me in the long run to learn how to farm money rather than this god forsaken ring drop. I'd rather know how to earn 6k pp in 8 hours of grinding rather than try my luck on this guy.

I wanted to hear your guys thoughts on what a 41 enchanter could do best for farming money.

I know just focusing on leveling will make things easier for things like this, but I want to enjoy each dungeon in the game a bit at the appropriate level range before blasting to max level. Solo dungeon crawling as an enchanter is challenging, exciting, and seriously fun when you get it going well.

So, my main goal right now is to get this ring one way or another. Knowing the best way to make money would help me beyond just this ring though.

All advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Rektyu

I farmed my GGR funds by killing guards in Oggok and then Grobb.

Swish2
01-20-2019, 06:34 PM
Dark elves can hide, its not perfect but its good til you get one.

Busher
01-20-2019, 06:34 PM
Try Hill Giants in Rathe is another option. Bind in a safe spot just outside Oggok, gate, bank, run back to Rathe Mtns.

Rathnir
01-20-2019, 06:36 PM
I know just focusing on leveling will make things easier for things like this
Well, not that that's out of the way ;)

At 41 I think you can still make a good profit off of Freeport Guards. Select guards are level 40 (Kroon, Inofus... handful of others). Charm one and have him beat down his buddies. (Or vice/versa, I think 41 might be too low for the big guard pets) You are right next to a bank and merchants, and many enchanters end up trashing this faction anyway by doing the Soulfire Quest. It takes a bit of practice, but you end up with a lot of safety - zonelines everywhere, buffers running to the bank from EC, many safe spots to AFK.

Should be good xp too. 6K in 8 hours tho? I think if you full clear guards in both EFP and WFP you end up with something like 300-400 plat per cycle.

Biggest risk is probably people training guards. Don't be near that NFP zone line.

If guards isn't your style, you might consider high-desirability items from lower level zones. Wooly Spider Nets, Rings of Shadow, Shiny Brass Idol, Golem Metal Wand, Pegasus Feather Cloak, Jboots - chanter might not be ideal to farm these items, but they are always going to be in demand

loramin
01-20-2019, 07:30 PM
There's always the Treasure Hunting Guide (link in signature). It's not Enchanter-specific but it's full of ideas for ways to earn plat.

wagorf
01-20-2019, 10:48 PM
6k in 8 hours?

people won't openly share the top lucrative cash camps or MQ spots, so lets talk about the common cash camps that every lvl 50+ knows.

(1) seb NG: around 200-1k per cycle, sometimes u can have 2 or 3 cycles with no gems
(2) velks 4 namers: i have done 6 hours soloing 4 namers and end up with 1 item or less, which is like 1 or 2k worth. of course there are other nights where u make a few thousand pp during the same time frame but it doesn't happen everyday
(3) Hiero/Arch dude: highly possible no namer or nothing drops after 8 hours

6k in 8 hours at lvl 41, i'm interested to know where as well

Vizax_Xaziv
01-20-2019, 11:05 PM
I've spent a lot of time in C/E groups and only ever saw 2 cloaks drop, persomally.

Seen far more Fungi tunics drop @ king camp for sure

indiscriminate_hater
01-20-2019, 11:56 PM
At 41, hill giants hands down. You should get 6k by the time youre 42.5 or 43

Vapos
01-21-2019, 01:02 AM
6k in 8 hours requires luck even at level 60. At level 41, I would say it's impossible. Definitely easier / faster to farm a GGR than grind plat to buy one at 41.

The first time I camped GGR (at the double spawn) it took 12 hours. Second time it took 4 hours. Third time it took 7 hours. All about luck.

With that said, you may be able to hold down the Ancient Cyclops camp in OOT soon. That's a decent cash spot. Although, it could take just as long to get the ancient ring as it does to get a GGR, if not longer.

Once you're in the 50's you can make amazing money - and exp - killing Felwithe guards. I did level 51-56 there on my Necro and made over 30,000p.

Tethler
01-21-2019, 01:11 AM
The only 6k in 8 hours I can think of would be camping Ancient cyclops and selling the jboots MQ. But soloing it at 41 would be pretty iffy.

Bardp1999
01-21-2019, 02:13 AM
Yea at 41 you are pretty limited. You could camp https://wiki.project1999.com/Bracer_of_the_Hidden but its just as big of a (if not bigger) kick in the nut sack as the ring is.

But you could also chance upon a few other nice items such as NO DROP https://wiki.project1999.com/Sarnak_Earring_of_Station or https://wiki.project1999.com/Jade_Chokidai_Prod for your Howling Stones key. These items all drop in the Sarnak Fort but are a pain in the ass because the drop% is super low and you need specific mob types. And its easy to get over run as a caster, much easier camp for a melee twink.

Jboots MQ isnt a bad idea but at 41 you would probably die, and its still camped pretty much 24/7 from what I can tell, and the price on it seems to be falling. If I remember correctly my necro was having a tough time there even at 48 and my monk was getting stomped on even in early 50s (completely untwinked, first char on P99)

I would just keep leveling and not really worry about it until you are in your mid 50s where you can make cash a lot easier from Sebelis and what not. Hell, even all the garbage Kunark crap in KC vendors for 500pp per drop. Your ability to make money 50+ is not even comparable to sub 50.

At some point in your jouney to 60 you will get your first "big ticket" item and it will basically cure your money woes. Mine was a T Staff, then some Fungi's, then I made a sh!t load of money at Brood Mother in Velks from gem drops (The BP gems were selling for like 9k a piece for awhile, I capitalized). Also cashed in on Elder Beads when they 150k, no regerts as it helped me fuel basically all my desires that were drop-able loot. As you keep playing you'll start hitting jack pots here and there until you are a regular Boutik.

Heres a tip/warning, P99 gets pretty boring at 60, enjoy the ride

Jlpstrtkng
01-21-2019, 07:49 AM
Never played an enchanter so I’m curious why is GGR essential for your class?

Taiku
01-21-2019, 09:05 AM
Misty thicket wall guards drop weapons to sell for like 10p per or something around that, if you don't mind ruining your faction, just have to watch out for that pesky wandering druid, but it's pretty safe otherwise, if you stay on one side of the road or the other, i think it's mid to late 30s area so it might even still give you EXP

Friendly (Traitorous) halfling newbies could sell for you if you're lucky! (dont forget to tip them for betraying their morality)

It's pretty easy, no casters other than the druid who will murder you.

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2019, 09:19 AM

It's an enormous convenience feature because it lets a chanter break a charm on a pet with an instant click that doesn't require swapping spells around or mana cost.

To the OP: I think everyone else covered it pretty well. Making significant amounts of plat in short amounts of time before 50+ is pretty much luck. The GGR IS amazing, but it isn't totally necessary. If I were you, I'd just worry about a spot you can get decent XP while also making some plat, not do something like jboots camp that is probably more plat but much less xp.

Heres a tip/warning, P99 gets pretty boring at 60, enjoy the ride

That's a matter of opinion, for sure.

Ruhtar
01-21-2019, 09:33 AM

It's not essential, but does make charming easier because of an instant charm break, similar to CoS.

Friendly (Traitorous) halfling newbies could sell for you if you're lucky! (dont forget to tip them for betraying their morality)

If illusion and faction spell aren't enough, you can also just create a halfling and drop transfer bags of weapons to them. That way you're not eating into your profits by tipping hairy feet. Then just ask one of the million druids who go to RV to do a transfer for you when you need the plat.

Cen
01-21-2019, 09:36 AM
I tried the camp that one day since I have an enchanter I'm trying to get it for and everyone said bards have an easy time setting it up. Still didnt get a ring after 20 hours so im done with that. Wish I spent the time porting on my DAP wiz instead, where I can chitchat with people and not go insane.

Taiku
01-21-2019, 10:26 AM
If illusion and faction spell aren't enough, you can also just create a halfling and drop transfer bags of weapons to them. That way you're not eating into your profits by tipping hairy feet. Then just ask one of the million druids who go to RV to do a transfer for you when you need the plat.

Giving some new halfling an evil quest for a generous reward is half the fun! :)

Snyper
01-21-2019, 10:41 AM
I'm not too familiar, so I may be wrong, but doesn't air elemental illusion give you an instant invis ability? Or is it just Levitate?

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2019, 11:16 AM
I'm not too familiar, so I may be wrong, but doesn't air elemental illusion give you an instant invis ability? Or is it just Levitate?

Just innate levitate, no invis at all.

Snyper
01-21-2019, 11:25 AM
Ah, lame. Thanks for clearing that up.

kjs86z
01-21-2019, 11:53 AM
Just keep leveling.

You'll earn more plat later on.

Baylan295
01-21-2019, 12:37 PM
It's an enormous convenience feature because it lets a chanter break a charm on a pet with an instant click that doesn't require swapping spells around or mana cost.

GGR is an incredibly important and brokenly good item while leveling. Funny enough, at 60, I use it less and less. More often now I’m camping off pets or doing other similar schenanigans.

It’s worth every plat until 60, though, and I won’t sell mine off of my enc. Never know when you’ll need it.

Ancient Cyclops
01-25-2019, 12:36 AM
The only 6k in 8 hours I can think of would be camping Ancient cyclops and selling the jboots MQ. But soloing it at 41 would be pretty iffy.

Oh it'd be very iffy homie

Lurgort/Sseri
01-25-2019, 02:00 AM
Geonids in CC at 41 is pretty nice as a Chanter. Mercy of RNG as always, but the two nameds that share spawns with all of them drop gems worth nothing or up to 200pp each.

Pint
01-25-2019, 02:59 AM
shiny brass idols is your best bet. bind in the zone and corpse them.

kingpinner
01-31-2019, 02:29 PM
Just to update on my search for cash spots in your 40s as an enchanter.

41-44: I soloed Ogre guards in Oggok. Decent cash, very safe camp, decent experience. In 3 levels, I earned 1,500 plat.

44-45: I moved over to Troll guards in Grobb. Tougher camp due to the way the zone is set up, but these guys drop pretty good cash... about 16pp per kill. Grinding thru level 44 here only produced about 800pp in the end though.

45-46: I've been in Temple of Droga since I dinged 45 and am about to ding 46. I've earned 5k plat while here by camping either Soothsayer in the Temple or Chief/Bodyguard at the ledge. Soothsayer drops Earring of Essence which sells at 2k and doesn't last after your WTS call for longer than 30 seconds in EC lol. Chief drops Idol of Thorned that sells for 2k and bodyguard drops Gloves of Potence which sells for 1k. They are challenge, but a 45 enchanter can hold down both camps solidly and it's nice experience too. Both these camps are typically filled with a lvl 60 farmer in peak times... but you'll often be the only one in the zone during off hours.

I should be able to get my GGR finally after my next loot drop.