PDA

View Full Version : Camping certain items

Zonais
01-26-2019, 08:55 PM
I was wondering if as a higher level enchanter I will get the chance to take camps that drop things like fungi tunic or other high money camps but with the way that this server is, how realistic is it to get one of these camps?

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 08:57 PM
It's realistic. Envhanters are always desirable, have fun playing!

Swish2
01-26-2019, 10:10 PM
More realistic than a wizard getting an invite <3

bricke75
01-26-2019, 10:14 PM
Apparently you can get any camp if you kill the previous PH, even if you log off. Happy camping!

Taenayr
01-26-2019, 10:15 PM
Apparently you can get any camp if you kill the previous PH, even if you log off. Happy camping!

/popcorn

enjchanter
01-26-2019, 10:15 PM
I was wondering if as a higher level enchanter I will get the chance to take camps that drop things like fungi tunic or other high money camps but with the way that this server is, how realistic is it to get one of these camps?

Yep, high level enchanters can basically pull off most of what a full group can do. I tend to solo 99% of the time because there is hardly anything i couldnt just use my 60 enchanter for. Barring raid tier mobs, i think the only thing not feasible to solo for an extended period of time is fungi king, but even then , you can solo it if he happens to get left up.

The catch is learn the ins and outs of the class. Your profits will largely be determined by your skill level.

Jimjam
01-26-2019, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't support such a position!

loramin
01-26-2019, 10:29 PM
So, let's take the Fungi/King camp specifically. In my experience everyone wants the following group make-up:

Cleric
Tank
Shaman (Ideally w/ Torpor)
Enchanter
Monk (a good Bard can pull but not everyone trusts pickup Bards for this so Monks are preferred)
Rogue (other DPS will do)

My point being that for every pick-up king group there's a slot waiting to be filled by you. Meanwhile if you're a Wizard or Druid or Necromancer or whatever you can get a King group, but you have to compete with the more popular options for your slot unless you start the group yourself.

As for most other loot camps, you don't always even need a full group, let alone a perfectly tuned one, but still Enchanters are highly desirable because they are the best CCers. That can make all the difference between a wipe and some good XP when the puller brings too much, so I think it's pretty safe to say that you'll be in demand pretty much wherever you go (although of course every class has to deal with gluts of their class all showing up in the same zone).

Swish2
01-27-2019, 12:11 AM
The best groups are still guild groups. I've had one where 2 tunics dropped and we all agreed beforehand to sell them in EC and split the cash evenly.

wagorf
01-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Yes it is realistic. The hardest part is not how well you can play your class though.

Finding/doing it with the right people, and able to commit long hours at any given time, are the hardest. I find the later part to be the most difficult.

TheSurgeon
01-27-2019, 10:40 AM

Now that's just a load of nonsense. There are no camps, just trolls who squint at the screen and click their spells faster. The whole world is FTE from what I've learned.

Cen
01-27-2019, 11:07 AM
Yes it is realistic. The hardest part is not how well you can play your class though.

Finding/doing it with the right people, and able to commit long hours at any given time, are the hardest. I find the later part to be the most difficult.

This is where I'm starting to get worried. I don't like grouping for more then 2-3 hours max and with how many invites I'm offered that get troubled about this I feel like I may need to start changing gears to a lifetime solo class who merely interacts with others on occasion for some kind of aid :p

Evia
01-27-2019, 11:45 AM
This is where I'm starting to get worried. I don't like grouping for more then 2-3 hours max and with how many invites I'm offered that get troubled about this I feel like I may need to start changing gears to a lifetime solo class who merely interacts with others on occasion for some kind of aid :p

2-3 hrs is plenty of time in an exp grp. Just be good at snagging your own rep when you're about to go and I doubt groups would be upset with you.