PDA

View Full Version : IP Exemption?

melithos
01-27-2019, 10:02 PM
Hi. GF and I want to play tonight... her first time playing EQ. I submitted for an exemption but understand that can take a while? It would be nice to get some time in tonight. Will we or I be automatically banned for playing from the same IP? If a guide needs to inspect they can easily see us controlling characters separately. Thank you.
*edit* thanks for the quick reply Swish.

Swish2
01-27-2019, 10:05 PM
You won't be able to log 2 accounts in from the same IP, put an IP exemption in for the 2 account names but it's unlikely to be granted "tonight" sadly.

Yes there's mobile hotspots, VPNs, but after what happened to someone in a thread next to this one I'd proceed carefully if you hook a PC up to do that.

Mead
01-28-2019, 01:38 AM
send her to the 24 hour starbucks

Swish2
01-28-2019, 02:06 AM
McDonalds is cheaper

mattydef
01-28-2019, 02:40 AM
Unfortunately the GMs have been REALLY lacking lately. Expect at least a 2-3 month wait unless you get lucky and someone decides to do them all soon (I'm currently at 3.5 months for 2 accounts that have already had ip exemptions in the past).

Lune
01-28-2019, 07:57 AM
Unfortunately the GMs have been REALLY lacking lately. Expect at least a 2-3 month wait unless you get lucky and someone decides to do them all soon (I'm currently at 3.5 months for 2 accounts that have already had ip exemptions in the past).

If they already had exemptions in the past why don't they have exemptions anymore? If the exemptions were removed for boxing, GM's will never reinstate it.