PDA

View Full Version : Leveling while farming gems guide

hagglebaby
01-28-2019, 12:21 PM
I know that I could just Farm pp and buy gems, but say I wanted to just farm all my gems for my chanter as I leveled up a different toon. What camps would I do? Some level range overlap would be good because farming specs for 9 levels could get old. I’ll start:

Lvl 1-4 a pixie trixter in Greater Faydark/Felwithe noob area.

41-49 specs in The Feerrott and Oasis of Marr

kingpinner
01-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Yetis in DL drop our Rune reagent gems. Level 40-45 iirc. I got a few stacks of Peridot off them which was nice avoiding the 200pp cost per stack.

loramin
01-28-2019, 02:01 PM
I think your best bet to get started is to just check the wiki page for each gem you want. For instance, the Peridot page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Peridot) has a very healthy list of mobs you could consider which all drop Peridots.

White_knight
01-28-2019, 02:04 PM
Loio fort - lower end gems.

How do I know? When farming for BoH you end up with quite a few jaspers, rose quartz, topaz, emeralds etc.

Irulan
01-28-2019, 02:06 PM
Loio fort - lower end gems.

How do I know? When farminf for BoH you end up with quite a few jaspers, rose quartz, topaz, emeralds etc.
Ya that is a nice spot.

Jimjam
01-28-2019, 04:03 PM
5-35 guktop. 35-53 guk bottom. 53-60 guk2 (Seb).

hagglebaby
01-29-2019, 01:04 PM
I think your best bet to get started is to just check the wiki page for each gem you want. For instance, the Peridot page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Peridot) has a very healthy list of mobs you could consider which all drop Peridots.

Yes, this is method I usually use but then I thought it would be nice to draw upon the experience of the community to try to find the best areas that check off a couple of boxes at once.

Fighting mobs that drop gems we want is a given but what else can we accomplish simultaneously?

If we look at the link, griffins and specters are both on there to drop peridots however there is quite a bit of difference when hunting those two mobs. Specs are good because they also drop scythes, are weak to undead spells, have vendors nearby, and you can quad them. Calling out specs on this list would be decidedly better than griffins which can’t be quaded, don’t have any specific weaknesses, don’t drop good pp items(besides gems) and aren’t necessarily near a vendor.

The Sarnak fort is a good idea because you can also get a bracer of the hidden at the same time as farming gems.

Pixies are good because you can get pixie dust drops which you can turn in for a quest for xp, and I think are also used for an epic. Also there are wolves nearby that are possibly PH’s for the pixies which can be one shotted and drop high quality wolf pelt.

hagglebaby
01-30-2019, 02:34 AM
According to the wiki, geonids in crystal caverns drop blue diamond. I think this is incorrect and you have to wait until the wakening lands until you can get good gems to craft with. Geos in crystal caverns drop a lot of chipped gems which vend well but not exactly going with the theme of this guide

Legidias
01-30-2019, 09:33 AM
Farm the scarab queen in NK(?) or one of the Karanas. She can definitely drop a BD.

Lojik
01-30-2019, 03:42 PM
Indirectly get gems from kobold scouts in tox. Useless hats quest gets u a random gem up to emerald being the best.

a_gnome_collector
01-30-2019, 06:11 PM
Gem drops are somewhat uncommon/ inconsistent prior to most 52+ dungeons. Even in KC they are not at all common. Probably faster to farm the plat.

hagglebaby
02-01-2019, 01:20 AM
Gem drops are somewhat uncommon/ inconsistent prior to most 52+ dungeons. Even in KC they are not at all common. Probably faster to farm the plat.

Oh it’s definitely faster to farm the plat. I would just be interested to see what we can come up with. Tell me it wouldn’t be awesome to have bags and bags full of gems from when you lvl’d your shaman to 60. Like a real gem collector. You would probably have certain ones that you liked more than others. Your most favorite collected gem drops. A blue diamond from scarab queen sounds pretty great and memorable!