PDA

View Full Version : Sick of socking?

proxytoon
01-31-2019, 08:39 AM
Join https://p2002.com
EQ up to the plans of power expantions

Many QoL improvements that make the game much more fun.
Tons of content that you can set raid times to. No sitting in a zone e for hours on end wait for a dragon to pop. Then you have to hope you get FTE.

No one guild has a monopoly over 90 percent of the high end content.

Come join fun!!!!

zodium
01-31-2019, 08:42 AM
who the fuck is scraeming "STOP SOCKING" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never stop socking

mumpz
01-31-2019, 11:01 AM
QoL is NOT classic!!!

aaezil
01-31-2019, 11:11 AM
Sounds awful, just like your grammar!

proxytoon
01-31-2019, 11:46 AM
Classic is not sitting in a zone for 6 hrs waiting for a mob to spawn unless your socking quest mobs.

This is a great server with amazing people. I'm not knocking anyone.
I am just letting people know there are other options to seeing all the content p99 has to offer and more with out siting around doing nothing but waiting.

Hats off to all the effort put into this server. But if classic was doing nothing for hrs on end then I had a much diffrent classic experience.

rekreant
01-31-2019, 11:51 AM
You just have a bad memory, as we all do. In actuality there was tons of boring nothing but your brain forgot that because OBVIOUSLY. "Custom Content" has got to be about the most cringe, fan fiction, and beta aspect of any nerd community ever.

Mblake1981
01-31-2019, 12:31 PM

Tons of content that you can set raid times to. No sitting in a zone e for hours on end wait for a dragon to pop. Then you have to hope you get FTE.

Come join fun!!!!

So what, go join Dino and raid realms on DaOC and you will not have to make posts like this anymore about EQ.. you can do it about Mid or Alb then on a Camelot message board.

WoW Classic soon guise!

Mblake1981
01-31-2019, 12:40 PM
I am just letting people know there are other options to seeing all the content p99 has to offer and more with out siting around doing nothing but waiting.

Pat yourself on the back, you did a good deed. In fact, that is what I remember from classic. My guild leader got to level 60 wearing a Flowing Black Robe. We were scrubs, a group of scrub friends. Not Arch Overseers, Ring of Valor or Club fu so we didn't get to see shit back when this was new and we paid a monthly fee.

What P99 does recreate is circumstances that are close to what I remember, I just recently got to see Veeshans Peak for the first time in nearly 20 years. I have way better gear on three characters than I ever had on just one.

Just because I play EQ doesn't mean I get to see everything. I can if I can make it, in the right place at the right time. I am not looking for this Elf Simulator to give me a handy behind the shed. You speed me through it all, so what? its easier? so what.. It means less.

Vidya Game, done in a week and on to the next game for my stream fans.

I look forward to the day my Rogue has Vulak, Vyemm or Tunares dagger.. My bard has the complete set of HoT armor on P99. It is my last EQ and possibly my last MMO(rpg). Doubt Pantheon will have the real pull, as the real stuff is described as mental illness here among the elf pals.

rekreant
01-31-2019, 02:17 PM
Id tell someone to play a daybreak prog server before Id tell them to play on 2002.

Axlrose
01-31-2019, 03:03 PM
... Not Arch Overseers, Ring of Valor or Club fu so we didn't get to see shit back when this was new and we paid a monthly fee.

Bristlebroken server by chance?

Keza
01-31-2019, 04:46 PM
Classic is not sitting in a zone for 6 hrs waiting for a mob to spawn unless your socking quest mobs.

This is a great server with amazing people. I'm not knocking anyone.

Hats off to all the effort put into this server. But if classic was doing nothing for hrs on end then I had a much diffrent classic experience.

So you played 'classic' several years after it came out?

Because I'm pretty sure anyone who camped jboots, raster or a myriad of other mobs would disagree with your belief.

The state of this server's endgame isn't even worth bothering with. Everyone knows that. Even Rogean said it's not the shining example of this server's quality. But neither is walking in, setting up a CH chain and autoattacking a boss because there's no one there to contest it. Who cares about that. May as well play a themepark with actual combat mechanics if you want that.

Mblake1981
02-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Bristlebroken server by chance?

Yep.

So you played 'classic' several years after it came out?

Because I'm pretty sure anyone who camped jboots, raster or a myriad of other mobs would disagree with your belief..

sitting in line for 8 hours on your day off waiting on a spot in the Frenzy group to get a chance at FBSS.

Heebs13
02-01-2019, 12:17 PM
You can always tell who takes this game way too seriously because they get downright offended when ever someone comes along and suggests a different server.

kotton05
02-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Timelocked is not the way to go , what’s it hurt to try another server nothing will ever change here again, this is a museum here but most don’t realize that

E-Queue
02-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Just curious, but was is the difference between P2002 and TAKP? A cursory glance tells me they're both 3-box max servers stopping at POP with raid rotations. Since neither of them have super healthy populations (again, based on a cursory glance) it seems like they should just merge?

Mblake1981
02-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Timelocked is not the way to go , what’s it hurt to try another server nothing will ever change here again, this is a museum here but most don’t realize that

To see the things I never got to see in the manner which suits me. I have no interest jumping around to other servers or games I am not interested in. Not a gamer.

As for this, lets say these posts burned themselves out with TakP. This is a message board for P99, there are message boards for other games. You can go there, its easy and no harm. If you wanna be a rebel in 2019 and post it here then you post it knowing people who play P99 will comment, it is no surprise especially if they are tired of seeing said posts.

People still post here on this board because it has a population. P99 might not be the way to go for some player but the message board is.

This message is hidden because Heebs13 is on your ignore list.

kotton05
02-01-2019, 12:41 PM
What do you do once you got everything then?

a_gnome_collector
02-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Meh. Boxing weakens the grouping community since every first duo will probably be sham/monk.

enjchanter
02-01-2019, 01:46 PM
How hard is it to break into 2002 ? Are there groups leveling or will it be solo ghost town to 65

Wonkie
02-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Just curious, but was is the difference between P2002 and TAKP? A cursory glance tells me they're both 3-box max servers stopping at POP with raid rotations. Since neither of them have super healthy populations (again, based on a cursory glance) it seems like they should just merge?

haha good troll. p2002 devs splintered from TAKP because they couldn't stop breaking the rules.

tak uses the mac client(platinum?) p2k uses titanium or rof i forget

Darkatar
02-01-2019, 02:27 PM
What is the boxing limit on this server?

3 accounts can be logged on by a single person.

https://imgur.com/O7iVRvH.gif

Artaenc
02-01-2019, 04:51 PM

Come join fun!!!!
This is actually somewhat interesting and caught my eye. How's the population generally during EST/PST?

Danth
02-01-2019, 05:01 PM

Keep on playing because I like it. Don't care about the pixel acquisition rat race.

Problem with TAKP and P2002 is that they'll both go to Planes of Power era, which I detest. It's probably a better environment for folks who like raids, though.

Danth

phatogre
02-01-2019, 08:26 PM
This is actually somewhat interesting and caught my eye. How's the population generally during EST/PST?

I also left p99 for a PoP server, after years of mindless anti-post-veliousism and end game raiding, and I can say everything OP said is true. P02 and TAKP are really fun if you want to enjoy the good parts of that era of EQ without the toxic sludge garbage pale that is p99 culture and raiding. Of course you can't really convince or argue with the neckbeard autists here that maybe their server is like some religious colony separated from modern society and told that only terror and dismay are on the other side of the fence.

The populations are definitely lower than p99 but it never feels empty. Global chat is always lighting up with activity, guilds field 50+ people (100+ characters) easily, and groups are not that hard to find once you get out of like 30ish. The people are generally friendlier, there is no camp fighting typically, and raiding is fun because of the challenge of the encounters, not who can fraps who breaking the rules. I won't go into debating the pros and cons of the era like better itemization and AAs etc, but the content is really great and having so much more to do makes the game feel much more open and exciting.

The GMs and devs are super active. Bugs are fixed shortly after reporting them. Petitions are answered same-day. In some ways the PoP servers feel more "alive" than p99.

To answer your question, usually around 250-300 are online, if you assume every single person is 3 boxing (most aren't constantly 3 boxing, duo is more common) then there are around 100 people on when I play prime time US time.

Castigate
02-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Boxing in a roleplaying game is just fundamentally missing the point. It's a huge part of the reason that p99 is so much more successful than others.

Muggens
02-01-2019, 09:22 PM

You do something else you addict

Artaenc
02-02-2019, 05:28 AM
I also left p99 for a PoP server, after years of mindless anti-post-veliousism and end game raiding, and I can say everything OP said is true. P02 and TAKP are really fun if you want to enjoy the good parts of that era of EQ without the toxic sludge garbage pale that is p99 culture and raiding. Of course you can't really convince or argue with the neckbeard autists here that maybe their server is like some religious colony separated from modern society and told that only terror and dismay are on the other side of the fence.

The populations are definitely lower than p99 but it never feels empty. Global chat is always lighting up with activity, guilds field 50+ people (100+ characters) easily, and groups are not that hard to find once you get out of like 30ish. The people are generally friendlier, there is no camp fighting typically, and raiding is fun because of the challenge of the encounters, not who can fraps who breaking the rules. I won't go into debating the pros and cons of the era like better itemization and AAs etc, but the content is really great and having so much more to do makes the game feel much more open and exciting.

The GMs and devs are super active. Bugs are fixed shortly after reporting them. Petitions are answered same-day. In some ways the PoP servers feel more "alive" than p99.

To answer your question, usually around 250-300 are online, if you assume every single person is 3 boxing (most aren't constantly 3 boxing, duo is more common) then there are around 100 people on when I play prime time US time.I am not sure if I'm ever going to try it but the multi boxing thing totally kills it.

Wonkie
02-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Boxing in a roleplaying game is just fundamentally missing the point. It's a huge part of the reason that p99 is so much more successful than others.

how much RP goes on in Aftermath?

rekreant
02-03-2019, 04:02 AM

fadetree
02-04-2019, 02:47 PM
I much prefer TAKP to p2002...I'll just say that the devs on TAKP are trustworthy and knowledgeable, and care about the players, and leave it at that. Other than that yeah TAKP uses a more in-era client, and TAKP is generally way more era-accurate because they have a custom curated DB unlike P2002's which is based off of the current EQ EMU data. TAKP is in Luclin now, I think P2002 is in Pop already.
TAKP is fully curated and era specific, like P99.
P2002 is less so.

Amyas
02-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Come join fun!!!!

Boxing should go away and it should stop at luclin =(

Amyas
02-04-2019, 02:55 PM

^

kotton05
02-04-2019, 03:06 PM
No the reason p99 is successful is because of nilbogs code not the box rule

Madbad
02-04-2019, 03:32 PM
No the reason p99 is successful is because of nilbogs code not the box rule

Agreed Nilbog, is the motherfucking Goblin King.

Hrothgar
02-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Belt of the Great Turtle currently in the p2002 bazaar for 5kpp...

This has me considering...

azeth
02-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Belt of the Great Turtle currently in the p2002 bazaar for 5kpp...

This has me considering...

Has me considering how piss poor their market is

Hrothgar
02-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Has me considering how piss poor their market is

I guess, true, to an extent...

But maybe people are out playing and not TunnelQuesting as much? Maybe the instanced zones - I'm guessing they're on instancing now? - have led to a drastic decrease in neckbeard-ry? IDK... I'm just SS-geared and pre-ToV geared on p99 and starting to feel the second bottle-neck... the first being getting my shaman epic and Torpor, after quitting my Mage epic dreams.

It's fun to entertain ideas, at least. Not like I could ever muster the courage to quit p99... currently on the 'get all my 6 alts to level 51' goal. 3 down, 3 to go.

azeth
02-06-2019, 03:06 PM
I guess, true, to an extent...

But maybe people are out playing and not TunnelQuesting as much? Maybe the instanced zones - I'm guessing they're on instancing now? - have led to a drastic decrease in neckbeard-ry? IDK... I'm just SS-geared and pre-ToV geared on p99 and starting to feel the second bottle-neck... the first being getting my shaman epic and Torpor, after quitting my Mage epic dreams.

It's fun to entertain ideas, at least. Not like I could ever muster the courage to quit p99... currently on the 'get all my 6 alts to level 51' goal. 3 down, 3 to go.

Not necessarily responding to you, just the principle presented - i'll never understand individuals who determine their EMU server with the thought "where am I most likely to get X item" or "where am i most likely to see raid content"

At the end of the day... what is it worth to get those items or see that content on a platform with a dubious future regarding its longevity.

I could start a character on any of the EQ Emu servers, box, get any loot I want etc etc etc... but to what end? To show it to who? To play with who?

Sure you may never see a mage epic on P99. But on the rare chance you do... it will feel that much more satisfying to complete it.

It's like being excited to find a mercedes after the apocalypse. yea you have a mercedes, but who fucking cares?

rekreant
02-06-2019, 03:43 PM
People on p99 still box lol. Its not hard to get around the detection.

Iksar_with_a_plan
02-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Off with you! and don't come back!

Kika Maslyaka
02-06-2019, 04:20 PM
Not necessarily responding to you, just the principle presented - i'll never understand individuals who determine their EMU server with the thought "where am I most likely to get X item" or "where am i most likely to see raid content"

At the end of the day... what is it worth to get those items or see that content on a platform with a dubious future regarding its longevity.

I could start a character on any of the EQ Emu servers, box, get any loot I want etc etc etc... but to what end? To show it to who? To play with who?

Sure you may never see a mage epic on P99. But on the rare chance you do... it will feel that much more satisfying to complete it.

It's like being excited to find a mercedes after the apocalypse. yea you have a mercedes, but who fucking cares?

It is actually easier than that. You spend about 30-45 min and install your own server.
Then you go in and do:

#zone NTOV
/target Lord Vyemm
#kill
/loot

or simply:
#summonitem X
Repeat 9 gazillion times till full satisfaction.

rekreant
02-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Off with you! and don't come back!

Calm down boyo, I dont even play anymore, and I never boxed because it ruins the fun for me. I tried it on a TLP for a bit and it was just an extra hassle. Half of whats great about EQ is being able to type and talk without having to push a million buttons to maintain damage output.

AegnorP99
02-06-2019, 04:45 PM
I played a while on TAKP and really enjoyed it more than I expected. Never tried P2002, but I'd guess it's similar. If you have any interest in either, I'd say go for it. Boxing kind of turns EQ into a Baldurs Gate style party management game which was totally new to me and pretty fun. Ultimately I quit due to lack of time (AAs, key grinds, raids five nights a week got to be a bit much), but I have mostly good things to say.

The population on the low end is definitely a huge bummer though. It improves around level 40 and global OOC helps. It could also use another couple raid guilds to spread things out a bit. There are almost too many raid bosses on TAKP, and you can end up raiding a lot if you're not careful.

Lamil
02-06-2019, 04:56 PM
I've played on all 3 and they all have their own pluses and minuses. P99 is fun lower lvls to group with people and have fun. The other two are fun raiding because I get to see stuff without going full neckbeard. Haven't logged into anything but P99 lately just because I started a new toon and enjoy the leveling.

lctucker2999
02-06-2019, 07:15 PM
On any given day about 1/3-1/2 of the EQ Emu population is on P99. Far more than any other single server. But collectively, that still leaves 1/2-2/3 of the EQ community overall playing on other servers. Plus however many are still on live. So clearly the majority of ALL current EQ players prefer something else that P99 doesn't provide. Maybe it's a solo server, a boxing server, a bot enabled server, custom content, or legit that goes beyond Velious. I've moved on to a different server that to me is far more fun that P99. But you'll never find the population that P99 has, hence why I still lurk around these forums when I'm bored at work trying to kill the last 30 minutes before I go home.

Mistle
02-06-2019, 08:52 PM

This is pretty dubious. There are still several hundred people on each of p2002 and Takp. Less than p99, yes, but it's not like you're playing alone. And nothing on Takp is instanced, either, so at least on that server you will always people who are in whatever zone.

The truth is, both servers have healthier populations for an EQ emu than p99 does. I don't know if you've noticed this, but there are *too many people* on p99's endgame. I think you'll find out just how many more people there are than it can handle when the rotations come awfully soon.

As for longevity, I might point out that the Takp devs include active p99 devs... and they are more active on Takp, where it doesn't take four years to get an expansion out. I would be more worried about the devs here, who have all but disappeared from anything hands on.

Cherubim
02-06-2019, 10:42 PM
ok, i have been on the net for as long if not longer than many have even been alive...i have one question. what in the hell is socking? lol

Madbad
02-07-2019, 12:10 AM
shitting in a sock

Cherubim
02-07-2019, 12:29 AM
shitting in a sock

holy shit. damn boys n girls, learn to use a bucket and a grocery bag at least

rekreant
02-07-2019, 02:41 AM
I know I personally draw the line at piss jugs. On another note, even tho p99 has a larger population, its easily the most toxic gaming community in existence.

Axlrose
02-07-2019, 03:43 PM
... On another note, even tho p99 has a larger population, its easily the most toxic gaming community in existence.
Possibly the current most toxic, but nothing of the "horror" stories about players with their in and out of game antics and tactics from Eve Online during its greatest heyday...

rekreant
02-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Possibly the current most toxic, but nothing of the "horror" stories about players with their in and out of game antics and tactics from Eve Online during its greatest heyday...

Actually that is a very fair comparison. The only thing I could equate was that one guy who was getting rich off RMT during luclin I think. Something to the tune of like 45k or something? I havent read about it in forever. I know though that Eve ships can cost thousands of real dollars as well so, maybe its just mmo players that are toxic lol.

Mistle
02-08-2019, 03:31 AM
The 'thousands of real dollars' thing in Eve was baloney. It may have been worth that to buy if you got all your isk from their version of game cards, but no one did that (and people who flew titans had plenty of old money in game to begin with) and anyways you couldn't *sell* for that so it was essentially worthless.

I don't buy the Eve is just as toxic argument though. Eve was meant from ground up to be a free for all where you're perfectly welcome to try these kinds of moves. It's not toxic if it's a legit part of the game. Some MMA fighter can beat the crap out of someone in the ring, but try that in a basketball game and you will get a different response. Same thing. I never found Eve toxic at all in game, though it had some loathsome people outside of it (Mittani).

The difference is here the endgame people have gotten it into their heads that EQ was supposed to be cutthroat competitive the same way, when it clearly wasn't. EQ had none of the systems required to make that kind of toxic competitiveness actually function. Revealingly, as it became more and more of a problem for CS when guilds simply wouldn't cooperate with each other, they didn't find ways to bring in an implementation - they simply got rid of it, instancing everything. Most of the assumptions by the 'hard core raiders' on this server are simply wrong and deliberately so, as they work tirelessly to maintain the toxic atmosphere they are comfortable in.

Swish2
02-08-2019, 03:47 AM

TAKP was open source for a while, which allowed P2002 to be created by people not happy on TAKP.

P2002 didn't have a dev on the staff for ages. Think they were forced to switch to the Titanium client.

P2002 is sort of an exile server where an old raging GM from here stays salty in his vegetable shop. Not what I'd call my server of choice.

If you want an alternative, try TAKP... a lot of old Azure Guard play there who are some of the most friendly players I met on P99.

There's also Legacy of Norrath.

Would avoid P2002, something like 60 players online, mostly 3-boxing.

Muggens
02-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Most of the assumptions by the 'hard core raiders' on this server are simply wrong and deliberately so, as they work tirelessly to maintain the toxic atmosphere they are comfortable in.

Mblake1981
02-08-2019, 12:44 PM
I think the most toxic people are the ones who use the word toxic.

azeth
02-08-2019, 12:50 PM
I think the most toxic people are the ones who use the word toxic.

True. Reminds me of people who claim they "HATE DRAMA!!!"

Mblake1981
02-08-2019, 01:02 PM
True. Reminds me of people who claim they "HATE DRAMA!!!"

brutal savage, Aslan

https://i.imgur.com/7IXT4pG.jpg?1