PDA

View Full Version : Streamlabs OBS issue

Cfullard
01-31-2019, 02:30 PM
I put this in tech support but i'm going to slap this here because people tend to read this more then tech support. Is anyone using Streamlabs OBS and using Project99 client without issue? What's your secret if you are?

I can use OBS and stream this fine but when I use Streamlabs OBS it fails to detect the Everquest window i'm playing it in. I literally imported the same settings from OBS to Streamlabs OBS so absolutely nothing changed in between the two. I mean it's not a huge issue because I can just go back to OBS when I want to stream 99, but i'd love the extra functionality that SLOBS offers.

Edit: For clarity i'm running it in Admin mode. I also checked my sources and the only difference is it won't detect the EQ source, it gives me this as the window:
[unknown]: Everquest

Maelfyn
01-31-2019, 04:39 PM
How are you adding the source? I add a window source and then stretch it to fill the screen in OBS. I play at that weird resolution just above 1920x1080 in the list. I find that the text renders more consistently at that resolution for whatever reason. If you try to add a game capture window that might not work. You'll want to play in windowed mode so that you can easily alt-tab around and do other things.

Cfullard
01-31-2019, 08:42 PM
Working with game capture which worked with OBS but won't work with this. It captures everything else but not this client.

Maelfyn
01-31-2019, 09:01 PM
Game capture tends to only work with apps in full screen mode. Just use window and it should work great.

Cfullard
01-31-2019, 09:24 PM
I'll give it a shot and reply if it works. At work right now so can't do anything lol

GinnasP99
01-31-2019, 10:36 PM
I always had to use monitor capture

Cfullard
01-31-2019, 11:12 PM
If you use normal obs it captures just fine but not slobs.

Cfullard
02-01-2019, 03:03 AM
@Maelfyn - doing what you said worked. I'm not entirely sure what changed to force me to do this. I remember back when I used another streaming software I had to capture like this, but with OBS it didn't force me down that path. Looks like I get to do this again with Streamlabs OBS, but.... it works. So thanks man, much appreciated, will start streaming again Saturday.

Maelfyn
02-01-2019, 08:15 AM
No problem! Sometimes I notice that I have to double-click window capture and toggle the window setting back and forth for it to detect the window correctly. Have fun streaming!