PDA

View Full Version : Moss twig / efreeti standard questions

Diogene
02-01-2019, 10:00 PM
These super lo delay weaps (3/10 offhand only) are still expensive (around 30k) despite the nerf (used to be main hand). Why’s that ? I cant see them being useful, unless Im missing something ? Outside pushing or healing via MoK’ed mobs are they worth dps wise ? Was maybe thinking getting one for my war but dang 30k for a very situational weap is a tough call. What you think ?

Muggens
02-01-2019, 10:05 PM
It's good for spankings

Rygar
02-01-2019, 10:36 PM
Push to interrupt is getting nerfed, price will tank. Can't push a gating / cheal dragon anymore in near future.

Swish2
02-01-2019, 11:58 PM
Rygar giving away secrets those EC FAT CATS don't want YOU to know about !

aaezil
02-02-2019, 01:00 AM
*near future*
Laugh...
See you in 3-5 years!

Legidias
02-02-2019, 11:45 AM
People sperg out about pre nerf / unavailable items no matter what they are or do

(Also, see Ringed Mace of Ykesha @ 17-19k vs Infestation @ 10k)

Champion_Standing
02-02-2019, 01:47 PM
Push to interrupt is getting nerfed, price will tank. Can't push a gating / cheal dragon anymore in near future.

Tell us more

Rygar
02-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Tell us more

From Haynar

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2839801&postcount=25

Other info in the thread and on takp

Maschenny
02-02-2019, 02:46 PM
After this nerf what will happen? Npc CH's by unstunnable mobs are guranteed to complete casting?

drdrakes
02-02-2019, 03:28 PM
After this nerf what will happen? Npc CH's by unstunnable mobs are guranteed to complete casting?

Game over man! Game overrrrr!

natescraigslist
02-02-2019, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=Haynar;2839801]Torven did a good job implementing this on takp. Push and interrupts are “classic” there now. I will put it in p99s code when i have a chance. It will be a game changer.[/QUOTE the only game change by this stupif fucking idea will be less poepl playing p99 in the future.. i could see a SHIT ton of people qiting because you keep fucking up a perfectly good thing.... because some one else did it welldone... if you did eerything because its been done well by somone else you'd jump nicely off a cliff

paulgiamatti
02-02-2019, 03:41 PM

Yep, although there is some speculation that mobs currently CH & gate way more aggressively than they should, so that would probably get dialed down assuming the change is implemented correctly (don't hold your breath on that one). (That's a jab at Haynar btw.) So basically players will have to run unstunnable CHing mobs dry if the mob is expected to attempt a CH every single time it reaches 40% health. This would make Gore practically unkillable without an insane raid force and tons of clickies (hmm, seems not classic!).

Meanwhile, killing unstunnable gating mobs beyond their gate threshold a la corner-tanking ToV dragons at the zone in would be hugely disincentivized. Players will have to develop new strategies to CotH in and kill mobs at their spawn points, or roll the dice and hope it doesn't attempt a gate. Dialing down gate propensity should be pretty easy because that's already a mechanic being used on lower level mobs that gate, such as Old Sebilis krup and above caster frogloks.

Rygar
02-02-2019, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=Haynar;2839801]Torven did a good job implementing this on takp. Push and interrupts are “classic” there now. I will put it in p99s code when i have a chance. It will be a game changer.[/QUOTE the only game change by this stupif fucking idea will be less poepl playing p99 in the future.. i could see a SHIT ton of people qiting because you keep fucking up a perfectly good thing.... because some one else did it welldone... if you did eerything because its been done well by somone else you'd jump nicely off a cliff

Omfg, such delicious tears. Let the non believers return to wow.

paulgiamatti
02-02-2019, 04:38 PM
So basically players will have to run unstunnable CHing mobs dry if the mob is expected to attempt a CH every single time it reaches 40% health.

Or kill it before it finishes casting, ofco.

raski
02-02-2019, 04:39 PM

tell us what you really think
:D

paulgiamatti
02-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Haynar grows more powerful on disgruntled P99er tears. Do not feed the beast.

Triiz
02-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Does TAKP have classic mob spell lists? A removal of push with classic spell lists would be a huge positive for the majority of the server that doesn't raid. At this point I can't even imagine mobs that spam level 20 or 30 nukes and dots instead of Ice Comet and Envenomed Bolt.

DMN
02-03-2019, 02:29 AM
Remmeber waaay back in the day Vox being 213986896324 times a bigger pain in the ass than nagafen because you couldn't stop her CHing other than draining her mana.

Swish2
02-03-2019, 04:04 AM
This just in guys... EQ isn't easy.

rekreant
02-03-2019, 04:09 AM
How many guilds were actually clearing end game Kunark and velious when it was on live? 1%? Probably less.

rekreant
02-03-2019, 04:12 AM
Haynar grows more powerful on disgruntled P99er tears. Do not feed the beast.

Meh his tag claims he catches all rmt, yet we still have most if not all of the big sellers still in game. Also Rogean == Platlord.

Vizax_Xaziv
02-03-2019, 05:20 AM
Meh his tag claims he catches all rmt, yet we still have most if not all of the big sellers still in game.

Yes its a bit odd that all the BUYERS keep getting caught and punished, even the little guys who buy 5 or 10k plat, whilst the individuals moving/selling millions of PP remain in business.

Xealias
02-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Push to interrupt was a thing on non-rooted mobs right up through Gates of Discord. Cyno in Qvic was generally corner tanked at Zin and then pushed to interrupt his gate back to the middle of the zone when he hit low hp.

DMN
02-03-2019, 10:00 AM
I don't even remember regular melee attacks pushing things, but maybe they did. Bash and kick would move things a little bit, so you still had a chance to interrupt them when used at a key time.

Pringles
02-03-2019, 02:03 PM
https://imgur.com/ozWaR27.gif

paulgiamatti
02-03-2019, 02:20 PM
I don't even remember regular melee attacks pushing things, but maybe they did. Bash and kick would move things a little bit, so you still had a chance to interrupt them when used at a key time.

To be clear, this change wouldn't remove the mechanic that causes mobs to get pushed from melee (this is classic and has been proven so by comparison to period-correct videos, etc.), it would just give mobs a 100% chance of successfully channeling regardless of push. Or they might just remove the channeling ability from NPCs entirely and make it so they always complete their casts without a "regains concentration" message.

And special attacks like bash and kick will still have a chance to interrupt, which was never based on push amount - not sure what current P99 mechanics are for this but some believe it shouldn't be 100% chance. The main concern here is about unstunnable mobs such as dragons and giants for which neither spell nor melee stuns would have any effect.

paulgiamatti
02-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Or they might just remove the channeling ability from NPCs entirely and make it so they always complete their casts without a "regains concentration" message.

Unless stunned by a spell or melee ability.

Rygar
02-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Push to interrupt was a thing on non-rooted mobs right up through Gates of Discord. Cyno in Qvic was generally corner tanked at Zin and then pushed to interrupt his gate back to the middle of the zone when he hit low hp.

Evidence shows otherwise (actual log analysis) , but I welcome you to uncover proof otherwise. I'm unfamiliar with that fight, but should be posts of you to share.

Keep in mind that some people thought this worked, see a mob moving and spell interrupted, easy connection. But most logs shows a bash / stun connecting at that time.

Champion_Standing
02-03-2019, 03:45 PM
the only game change by this stupif fucking idea will be less poepl playing p99 in the future.. i could see a SHIT ton of people qiting because you keep fucking up a perfectly good thing.... because some one else did it welldone... if you did eerything because its been done well by somone else you'd jump nicely off a cliff

Good, it's getting stuffy in here anyway.

Diogene
02-04-2019, 01:58 AM
So what, is moss twig useful outside of pushing? How does it dps wise?

Xaeophi
02-04-2019, 03:28 AM
Theft of Thought + Mana sieve! Yay Enchanters can do more besides buff tash and do weaker then shaman slows! I think it sounds like fun.

Legidias
02-04-2019, 09:21 AM

No, its shit DPS cause secondary and no bonus dmg.

Rygar
02-04-2019, 09:44 AM

I suppose you could use it to quickly level up 1hb, but server seems to run on accelerated skill up table so trivial time savings.

DromalPhrenia
02-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Theft of Thought + Mana sieve! Yay Enchanters can do more besides buff tash and do weaker then shaman slows! I think it sounds like fun.

Hopefully they realize when this change is implemented that they need to do something about Dragon mana pools or mana regen. Some preliminary testing shows that multiple enchanters spamming Mana sieve (and ToT to sustain themselves... when it lands) is not enough to stop CH. That tactic works very well on lesser NPC's like Verina Tomb for the enchanter epic, but for dragons not so much.